- Item #: i_300066Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91ROBERTPARKER.COM 91 POINTS: "The 2016 Ygrec (or “Y” as it is shown on the label and referred to) is, of course, the dry white from Yquem, and this latest release is a blend of 75% Sauvignon Blanc and 25% Sémillon picked between 5 September and 13 September. It has a fresh, attractive bouquet with citrus peel, Nashi pear, grass clippings and gooseberry, the Sauvignon firmly in the driving seat. The palate is where the Sémillon says: hold on a moment, it’s not all Sauvignon. The texture is waxy, and there are lovely peachy, watermelon notes that dovetail into a saline finish that leaves you wanting more. True, it is not cheap, and you could argue there is a plethora of cheaper alternatives. But they are not Yquem. Tasted September 2017."
- Item #: i_350588Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Wine Spectator: 96#3 WINE SPECTATOR TOP 100
WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "This shows the vivid, racy side of Barsac, with streaming flavors of pineapple, yellow apple, green plum and white ginger, displaying lovely energy from start to finish. Ends with enough honeysuckle and orange blossom notes to balance the richness. Best from 2020 through 2035."
WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "This Coutet '14 has a complex bouquet with razor-sharp, minerally, citrus fruit mixed with wild honey and a touch of Riesling-like petrol. The palate is totally convincing. There is a great thrust of rich botrytized fruit sliced through with Coutet’s trademark acidity, despite the spoonfuls of sugar, that lends this such vibrancy and tension. It possesses and almost clinical precision with long persistence on the finish. This is a divine Coutet that may warrant a higher score subject to how it evolves in barrel. Range:93-95+"
- Item #: i_300064Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 98ROBERTPARKER.COM 98 POINTS: "The 2015 Château d'Yquem was scintillating when I tasted it at the property during en primeur last year. A blend of 75% Sémillon and 25% Sauvignon Blanc, it delivers 144 grams per liter of residual sugar. Now that the wine is in bottle, that original “show-stopping” bouquet has become more refined. In fact, you could almost describe it as laid back or genteel until it begins to magically unfold and deliver seductive scents of lemon curd, orange pith, freshly opened tins of apricot and wild honey. You would call the aromatics more “pretty” than “powerful,” but of course, it is beautifully defined. The palate is very well balanced with that electric line of acidity intact. It is a little spicier than I recall, with a fresh viscous finish. There is a persistent aftertaste whereby the mouth tingles some 60 seconds after the wine has departed. Maybe I was being optimistic when I suggested that it might rank alongside the regal 2001 and 2009. The 2015 Yquem does not belong in that hallowed company. But it is a prince to that king and that queen. Tasted September 2017."
- Item #: i_360688Bottle Size: 375mlWine Spectator: 98**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE SPECTATOR 98 POINTS: "A jaw-dropper, with quince, persimmon, mango, fig and blood orange marmalade notes providing a kaleidoscopic experience as this moves along, slowly pulling in more ginger, marzipan, green fig and date notes. The finish is so seamless it feels like glistening porcelain. Drink now through 2040. 417 cases made."
- Item #: i_333028Bottle Size: 750MLMerlot based wine from the Cotes de Blaye Bordeaux. Medium bodied with black fruit aromas and an easy drinking finish. Easy drinking with a ton of flavor.
- Item #: i_333024Bottle Size: 750MLIts dazzling old gold colour is impressive. The wine has a highly developed, well-integrated bouquet with notes of orange, wax, wood and tobacco with tones of undergrowth. The linear palate is also impressive for its clarity. It reveals spices (turmeric) and citrus aromas, in particular orange, quince, rancio and a trace of bitterness in the finish combined with a hint of saffron which is present in many mature Sauternes wines. It has great persistence. This is a magical wine that is in its prime. With ageing, power has given way to finesse and complexity. This has become a wine that provides a fabulous match for a wide variety of dishes.
- Item #: 350942Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 89-91ROBERT PARKER 89-91 POINTS: "The Clos Floridene 2014 has a crisp, quite minerally bouquet that is well defined and focused. These aromatics possess charm and personality. The palate is medium-bodied with firm, slightly dry tannin but with plenty of Graves-like character coming through on the cool and classic finish. This is a well crafted wine but hey, we take that as given nowadays."
- Item #: i_345784Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 100Wine Spectator: 100James Suckling: 100**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "There are 10,000 cases of this perfect sweet white Bordeaux. The 2001 Yquem reveals a hint of green in its light gold color. While somewhat reticent aromatically, with airing, it offers up honeyed tropical fruit, orange marmalade, pineapple, sweet creme brulee, and buttered nut-like scents. In the mouth, it is full-bodied with gorgeously refreshing acidity as well as massive concentration and unctuosity. Everything is uplifted and given laser-like focus by refreshing acidity. This large-scaled, youthful Yquem appears set to take its place among the most legendary vintages of the past, and will age effortlessly for 75+ years. Anticipated maturity: 2010-2100+."
WINE SPECTATOR 100 POINTS -"The greatest young Yquem I have ever tasted from bottle. Yellow, with a golden hue and an almost green tint. Intense aromas of botrytis, spices and blanched almonds follow through to honey, maple syrup, dried apricot and pineapple. Full-bodied, sweet, thick and powerful, with layers of fruit and a bright, lively finish. Coats the palate yet remains exciting. So balanced and refined, showing the pedigree that only this Sauternes estate can deliver. Best after 2012. *Collectibles - Ranked #10 in Top 100 Wines of 2005*"
WINE SPECTATOR 100 POINTS -"What a pure wine, with honey, caramel, cooked apple, bon bon, and pear tart. Dried apricots and peaches develop with time in the glass. What a palate, it is very sweet and rich at the impact, but then it’s dense and opulent like a Grand Cru Burgundy, think Montrachet. Apples, honey, and pineapples with hints of mango on the palate. This is an incredible wine, a real dream, a legend. 150 grams of RS."
- Item #: i_334087Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleSince 1927, the wines of Château Dauphine-Rondillon are commercialised in bottles and are appreciated as much as the prestigious Sauternes.
"We are very respectful of the environment by working according to the "lutte raisonnee" or sustainable agriculture. The vines are driven to small yields with an optimum ripeness of the crop based on vigilant study and analysis of the grapes during harvest time." WINERY
- Item #: i_399914Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleeROBERT PRAKER 92 POINTS: "Tasted blind at the 10-Year On Tasting in Sauternes. The 2005 Château Guiraud has a rich nose of dried honey, orange blossom and buttercup that is nicely defined but does not quite have the intensity of the best Sauternes 05s. The palate is fresh and lithe on the entry, smooth and honeyed both in taste and texture with a long orange zest, vanilla and almond finish that is sensual and persistent. It meliorates in the glass, forages more zest and vitality, so don’t be afraid to aerate/decant this for an hour or two."
- Item #: i_311180Bottle Size: 750MLThis delightful blend of 60% Sauvignon Blanc and 40% Semillon was made from 25-year-old vines by Veronique Barthe. Her family has owned Chateau La Freynelle, located in the Entre-Deux-Mers region of Bordeaux, since 1789. This white has a lovely bouquet of white peaches with a hint of lemon peel. In the mouth the wine is round and flavorful and it has a long, smooth dry finish.
- Item #: i_345897Bottle Size: 750MLThe grapes for this cuvée come from a four hectare hillside parcel of clay and limestone soil with a full southern exposure that overlooks the Garonne River and is planted to Sauvignon Blanc. The vines have an average age of 20 years (as of 2011). After a manual harvest, the grapes are fermented in temperature-controlled vats and left on the fine lees for six months prior to bottling. The overwhelming majority of this cuvée is reserved for our use in the US market (18,000 to 24,000 bottles per annum). (Rosenthal Wine Merchants)
- Item #: i_350930Bottle Size: 750mlThe bouquet of Chateau Laffitte Laujac opens with notes of mint and spices which move over to allow expression of black fruit berry aromas. The first impression in the mouth is lively and fine. The tannins are powerful yet delicate and there is a flavor of red fruit berries with a slightly jamlike nuance. This wine is powerful and balanced; it can be drunk young but will be enjoyed for up to 10, or even 15 years, according to the vintage.
- Item #: i_333029Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWinery Notes: An ideal introduction to Sauternes, this wine has been specifically designed to reveal the pleasures of taste provided by Sauternes wines. With a blending style that is absolutely unique, this wine is more velvety, fresh and mineral than other wines in the range. With a more creative profile, modern and easily approachable, it is an ideal complement to any social or festive event: for happy hours, light meals, or as an aperitif.
- Item #: 333128Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 90ROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS: "This full-bodied blend of 85% Sauvignon Blanc and 15% Semillon hit 14.5% natural alcohol. It is deep and rich, with loads of caramelized grapefruit, tropical fruit, subtle oak, wet stones and plenty of melons. Drink now-2035."
WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS: "Ripe and lush, with lots of creamed yellow apple, melon and white peach flavors carried by an alluring, lightly toasted brioche note. This has the vintage's punch in the end, kept honest by a lively citrus accent. Drink now through 2014."
- Item #: i_399915Bottle Size: 750MLeROBERT PARKER 91 POINTS: "This wine contains an extremely high percentage of Semillon (usually about 90%), which was to its benefit in 1997. The wine is light medium gold-colored, with a blockbuster nose of Grand Marnier liqueur intertwined with flower blossoms, smoky new oak, and coconut. Well-integrated wood has resulted in a seamless, full-bodied, unctuously-textured wine with considerable sweetness. This is a stunningly proportioned, beautifully pure wine. Anticipated maturity: 2002-2025."
- Item #: i_334195Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleRoumieu Lacoste is light in colour and full of rich aromas of candied fruits and spices on the nose with good length and sweetness on the palate
- Item #: i_311203Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96-98Wine Spectator: 96WINE ADVOCATE 96-98 POINTS - "Pale gold colour. The Suduiraut 2009 has a delectable bouquet with wonderful delineation with scents of pineapple, almond paste, lemon curd and Kaffir lime, the new oak still prominent and demanding time to subsume. The palate has a slightly viscous entry with clear honey, nutmeg, mandarin that leads to a thrilling, almost spicy finish. Great length with a rounded, patisserie finish. There is a lot packed into the Suduiraut that is unruly at the moment, but is sure to evolve beautifully in bottle. This is simply a sensational Suduiraut. Tasted February 2011."