- Item #: i_352952Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS 92 POINTS - "Lurid violet. Smoke- and spice-accented black raspberry and violet aromas are complemented by zesty minerals. Juicy red/dark berry flavors show very good depth and sharp delineation. Floral pastille and licorice nuances emerge with aeration and carry through the impressively persistent finish, which features easygoing tannins and resonating floral and mineral character. Here's a Beaujolais-Villages that could easily stand alongside many, if not most, Cru wines in this vintage."
- Item #: i_345214Bottle Size: 750MLJean-Louis Dutraive represents the fifth generation of Domaine de la Grand’Cour, joining his father at the estate in 1977. The family’s total holdings comprise 10.6 hectares, farmed all organically. Fruit for the 2017 ‘Les Deduits’ comes from old vine plots, vinified in concrete and aged in oak for six months. Dark fruited and fresh, full bright, thirst-quenching acidity and silky tannins; serve slightly chilled with pizza, pasta, or tacos.
Viticulture: No herbacides or pesticides, organically farmed.
Vinification: Traditional vinification without sulfur and with natural yeast at very low temperatures. Carbonic maceration and little or no filtering.
- Item #: i_345623Bottle Size: 750MLComing from a small vineyard of one acre located in Les Bruyeres near the Cru Fleure in Beaujolais. Handpicked chardonnay, fermented and ged in stainless steel vats. Very fresh and clean and well-balanced to pair with cheese, salad or fish.
- Item #: i_351579Bottle Size: 750mlORGANIC -Semi-carbonic maceration with no added sulfer and natural yeast. Vinification occurs in concrete before aging in a combination of stainless steel, neutral Burgundy barrels and demi-muid for 6 months. Wine is bottled unfined and unfiltered with minimal SO2 added. Fruit for the 2017 Chiroubles comes from 70 year old parcels, vinified semi-carbonically. Concentrated and balanced, full of lively dark fruit and age-worthy potential.
- Item #: i_351028Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS 93 POINTS: "Brilliant violet. A highly complex bouquet evokes fresh red berries and cherries, along with suggestions of pungent flowers, minerals and Asian spices. Silky and focused on the palate, offering sweet, seamless black raspberry and floral pastille flavors underscored by a smoky mineral element. Gentle tannins come in slowly on the strikingly long finish, which shows excellent clarity and leaves behind sappy red fruit and lavender notes."
- Item #: i_352568Bottle Size: 750mlJean-Marc Burgaud’s Régnié comes from a tiny, one-hectare vineyard. Bottled early to capture the fruity exuberance typical of the cru, this Beaujolais is delightfully pure, approachable and juicy, with succulent texture. Lovely with roast pork or a chard and Gruyère tart.
- Item #: i_351251Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94+ POINTS: "The 2017 Morgon Côte du Py Javernières is showing beautifully from bottle and will be worth a special effort to seek out. Unfurling in the glass with a complex bouquet featuring ripe black cherries and cassis fruit complemented by nuances of smoked meats, incense, spices and dark chocolate, it's medium to full-bodied, satiny and enveloping, with both considerable concentration and terrific energy, framed by powdery tannins and weightless despite its broad-shouldered profile."
- Item #: i_345536Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 91Vinous Media: 92James Suckling: 92JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "A red with hints of berries, stones and black tea, following through to a medium body, lightly firm tannins and a savory and spicy finish. Balanced and structured. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_351573Bottle Size: 750mlJustin Dutraive, son of renowned vigneron Jean-Louis Dutraive, acquired two small parcels of land in 2015, ‘Les Bullands’ & ‘Les Tours,’ comprising a total of 1.2 hectares across Beaujolais, farmed all organically. ‘Les Tours’ is energetic and fresh, with notes of tart raspberry, chalk, and fragrant herb undertones. A true porch pounder; serve slightly chilled.
- Item #: i_351556Bottle Size: 750mlOnly indigenous yeasts are used for the fermentation and they require an higher temperature to work properly.Vines - 40 Years old on average.
This is a deep ruby-colored wine that combines aromas of violet flowers, raspberries and spices.. It shows an impressive structure and also a good concentration of fruit on the palate. This is an age worthy Beaujolais that could be put aside for a few years.