- Item #: i_304231Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Notes
"This crisp, fruit-forward and juicy wine has expressive aromas and flavors of ripe red berries, with nice heft in the mouth, and mineral and spice notes. Most red meats and grilled or roasted white meats, especially those prepared with savory herbs or spices."
- Item #: i_350080Bottle Size: 750mlThe legend of Marcel Lapierre continues as his son Michael and daughter Camille perpetuate the greatness with purity, clarity and deliciousness each vintage. Here they have purchased fruit of 60 year old Gamay vines from Cotes de Besay vineyard in Julienas but the style will resonate with anyone who has enjoyed the Lapierre wines before. Fresh, lush extraordinarily easy drinking and satisfying Gamay at a very reasonable price. Grab it while you can.
- Item #: i_334204Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2018 Moulin-à-Vent is Rottiers's assemblage of a variety of sites, and it's also showing well. Offering up aromas of dark cherries, spices, chocolate and truffles, it's medium to full-bodied, velvety and layered, with succulent acids, powdery tannins and a long, precise finish."
VINOUS 92 POINTS - "Deep, bright-rimmed ruby. Ripe dark berries, cherry preserves, pungent flowers and smoky minerals on the highly perfumed nose. Offers sappy, spice-accented cherry, blackberry and cola flavors that turn sweeter as the wine stretches out. The floral note comes back on a very long, sweet finish that's framed by fine-grained, well-knit tannins."
- Item #: i_344276Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92VINOUS 92 POINTS - "Glimmering ruby. A highly perfumed bouquet evokes fresh red/blue fruits, exotic spices and smoky minerals, along with a sexy floral overtone. Sweet black raspberry, cherry, violet pastille and spicecake flavors that show impressive depth as well as vivacity. In a distinctly elegant, lively style with a very long, floral-dominated finish that's given shape by well-knit tannins that fold steadily into the wine's sappy, appealingly sweet fruit. This must be one of the best values in Beaujolais."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Brun's dependably superb 2018 Beaujolais l’Ancien offers up notes of rose petals, cherries and raspberries, followed by a medium to full-bodied, fleshy palate built around satiny tannins and juicy acids. It's a beautifully gourmand but precise wine, demonstrating the strengths of this vintage in the limestone soils of the southern Beaujolais."
- Item #: i_352027Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 90 - 92 POINTS - "Moderate reduction masks the underlying fruit but I doubt that it will last. Otherwise the succulent, dense and powerful flavors evidence a really lovely texture before concluding in a mildly rustic, serious and youthfully austere finish. This too is worth considering provided that you have the patience to allow it at least some time in bottle first. *Outstanding, Top Value*"
- Item #: i_351307Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS : "The 2018 Moulin-à-Vent is exceptional, revealing aromas of rose petals, candied peel and red berries. Derived from the lieux-dits of Michelons and Pinson, the one east-facing and the other west-facing, it's medium to full-bodied, deep and concentrated, with a layered and multidimensional core, ripe acids and fine tannins."