- Item #: i_201480Bottle Size: 750mlWhile he has become known for his insanely delicious Petite Sirahs from Paso Robles, winemaker Aaron Jackson has recently expanded his portfolio and added some new flavors! AEQUOREA - which means "of the sea" in Latin - is focused on single vineyard wines from extreme coastal vineyards amidst San Luis Obispo County.
Making Viognier is always such a challenge for Aaron, in that he aims for a style so much different than what is typically produced in California. Instead, he strives to make a Viognier that showcases what can be done with the variety on the extremes of the coast where it struggles to ripen. At only 2 miles from the ocean in Pismo Beach, Spanish Springs is on the edge of where Viognier can be grown. Super aromatic, floral, and loaded with brightness and minerality, the 2018 features a racy profile of white stone fruit, snappy citrus, freshly cut pineapple, and an amazing finish. The strong beam of natural acidity gives it freshness for days.
- Item #: i_204140Bottle Size: 750MLWinemaker's Tasting Notes: "For me, the best roses in the world have a bit of "unbearable lightness of being," where terrestrial weightiness and fruit are buoyed upward by leavening acidity and perfume. This is what we strive to achieve with Lulu, and the 2019 might be the best rendition of that vision out of the 12 we've made. Composed of 65% Mataro from old vines in Oakley and 35% Grenache from even older vines in Mendocino, this is classic Lulu. Pale salmon in color, the 2019 is a lithe and limpid rose of both elegance and weight, where uncanny density swings in a hammock of air among summer breezes. Too much? Possibly. But when the heart speaks, the mind finds it indecent to object. Anyway, the point is the 2019 is delicious and we highly recommend drinking it."
- Item #: i_208040Bottle Size: 750MLCADE is owned by the same owners as Plumpjack... and in their typical fashion, they would never be "happy enough" to make a "good" Sauvignon Blanc: CADE only wants to make outstanding Sauvignon Blanc! In order to do this, they ferment their grapes in a combination of stainless steel tanks, stainless steel drums, French oak and concrete eggs. In addition, a combination of native and cultured yeasts are used, and the culmination of all this helps to give the wine aromatic and textural complexity.
Fermentation was carried out in a combination of stainless steel tanks and drums (68%), new French oak barrels (10%), neutral French Oak barrels (22%), with the balance fermented in concrete eggs (1%). Twelve different strains of yeast were used to ferment the juice. CADE's 2019 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc has aromas of orange blossom, pineapple, grapefruit, lemon, lime, yellow apple, and stone fruits. On the palate are notes of tangerine, white peach, lychee, citrus, banana, lemon zest, and grapefruit. The wine has a vibrant acidity, minerality, and a touch of creaminess on the finish. By fermenting the wine in stainless steel, French oak, and concrete, we are building layers of complexity in the wine. The barrel fermentations add texture, density, and viscosity to the midpalate of the wine. The concrete adds a touch of flint and minerality to the finish as well as adding some mid-palate richness. The stainless steel fermentations preserve the natural Sauvignon Blanc aromatics and the vibrant acidity and crispness.
- Item #: i_213780Bottle Size: 750MLCristom Vineyards has produced an estate-grown Pinot Gris since 1996 after the first vines of the 5-acre (2.06 hectare) vineyard were planted in 1993. Planted at a very high density, vines sit on a gentle east-facing slope that extends to the bottom of the property. The sustainably farmed estate fruit is hand harvested and hand sorted.
- Item #: i_214400Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES - "I learned to make Pinot Noir at the Hirsch Vineyard on the Sonoma Coast (read the book), Goldeneye Vineyards in Anderson Valley, and Whitethorn Winery in South Humboldt County."
"The Delmore Central Coast Pinot Noir is from the Santa Rita Hills and Cienega Valley. I blended three dangerously drinkable barrels around late February and bottled this beauty at the end of April. Full of fruit and fauna, infinitely alive, lush, layered and lifted. A delectable distraction to these days, and only 70 cases around."
- Item #: i_216250Bottle Size: EACHA blend of Sauvignon Blanc from two certified organic vineyards, one in Eola-Amity Hills, and the other in the Columbia Gorge.
- Item #: i_216680Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Notes - "Our Dry Creek Valley Sauvignon Blanc incorporates small amounts of Sauvignon Musque and Sauvignon Gris, which adds a layer of depth and a fleshy, full-bodied mouthfeel. At first swirl, this wine presents tropical aromas of pineapple, passionfruit, white peach and Meyer lemon. On the palate, flavors of lime, nectarine, mango and honeysuckle come through with a slightly creamy, but lively finish. Stainless steel fermentation was supplemented with small amounts of chestnut, acacia and French oak barrels adding additional character and nuance to this delicious wine. Seamless from start to finish, this is an elegant and refined Sauvignon Blanc."
- Item #: i_274960Bottle Size: 750mlJordan gives respect to to Rose, as it can be perfectly balanced and complex. Her rendition is a blend of 62% Mourvedre, 21% Grenache, and 17% Syrah. With delicate notes of strawberry, hay, honeysuckle, crisp peach, and sweet lemon/lime, Mourvedre makes a huge impression at 62% of this irresistible MGS Rhône Rose blend. As the aromas continue to evolve and the wine warms in your glass, this Rose soars across the palate in a yin/yang balance between fruit, flowers, wet stones, saline, and zingy acid. This is a wine that we crave all day long.
- Item #: i_220550Bottle Size: 750MLThis wine has delicious aromas and flavors of grapefruit, lemon grass, lychee, pear, citrus, orange blossom, peach and a touch of minerality. The Fumé Blanc has bright acidity and crisp freshness from the cool, stainless steel tank fermentation, while the subtle oak character from neutral French oak barrels adds body, complexity and depth.
- Item #: i_223730Bottle Size: 750mlThe wine opens with aromas of honeydew melon, mandarin, lemongrass, and peach. The palate is fresh and vibrant with flavors of cantaloupe, apricot, tangerine and white floral notes. The finish has plenty of minerality and viscosity which makes it great on its own or paired with a variety of fresh, seasonal spring and summer dishes.
- Item #: i_227380Bottle Size: 750MLGroth's Sauvignon Blanc is produced from grapes grown in various microclimates of the Napa Valley. The warmer areas gives grapes with melon and citrus characteristics in both aroma and flavor. The cooler areas of Napa Valley provide fruit with a solid, crisp backbone that gives the wine an exciting liveliness and balances the rich creaminess from "sur lie" aging. The Semillon is grown on the Groth Oakville Estate vineyard and is harvested with the Estate Sauvignon Blanc, contributing roundness and weight to the mouthfeel.
- Item #: i_238390Bottle Size: 750mlThe grapes for the J. Lohr Estates Flume Crossing Sauvignon Blanc are grown in the well-drained, sandy, cobblestone soils deposited by the Arroyo Seco River. These rugged soils keep yields in check and produce fruit with varietal intensity, minerality, and exceptional weight. The long cool growing season of the Arroyo Seco appellation ensures that the fleeting, exotic fruit flavors of Sauvignon Blanc are retained along with vibrant natural acidity. The Flume Crossing Sauvignon Blanc is created to be an expression of pure varietal character, influenced only by its terroir and gently guided by minimal farming and winemaking practices.
- Item #: i_238990Bottle Size: 750mlIn the glass, this wine bursts with aromatics of grapefruit, juicy melon, key lime, and lychee notes. Hailing from the gravelly soils of the Arroyo Seco AVA, this Sauvignon Blanc is fermented in 100% neutral oak barrels. On the palate, vibrant acidity surrounds flavors of passionfruit, lime zest, and crushed rocks, which give way to a textured and complex finish.
- Item #: i_240980Bottle Size: 750mlThis Grenache-dominated wine is reminiscent of the fine Roses of Provence, both mouth-filling and crisp, dry and complex. The Grenache supplies the backbone with copious honeydew melon and strawberry aromatics, as well as a delicious creamy texture on the palate. The Vermentino lifts the fragrance of the wine, adding notes of white flowers and lychee. Cinsault is exuberant and fresh with a fruity character similar to Grenache. The Mourvedre is very savory and imparts a slightly herbaceous character, intermingled with a flinty minerality. Finally, the Syrah fleshes out the texture and length on the palate. With plenty of fruit intensity and a clean, long acid driven finish, this wine will pair well with cuisine ranging from fresh oysters to pasta puttanesca.
- Item #: i_244800Bottle Size: 750mlAn exciting new showcase, the organically farmed Two Wolves Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc sings with tropical aromas and flavors. Bright notes of guava and passion fruit on the nose are balanced by grapefruit and citrus on the palate. Serve with scallop ceviche in yuzu sauce with cilantro and jalapeno garnish. (Also pairs well with Italian Opera).
- Item #: i_249800Bottle Size: 750mlComing from Peju's sustainably-farmed Persehone Vineyard, this aromatic and crisp Sauvignon Blanc has a lovely nose of pineapple, white peach and orange blossom. The palate is bright with notes of apricot, tangerine and nectarine. Balanced with refreshing acidity, Peju's 2019 Sauvignon Blanc concludes with a fresh, clean finish.
- Item #: i_251160Bottle Size: 750mlPike Road Pinot Gris is made from 100% Willamette Valley fruit. Primarily grown on their estate vineyards, the wine also includes smaller lots of fruit grown by their longtime, trusted partners in the Willamette Valley. They believe this "multi-vineyard" approach results in a more complex, flavorful wine. All the fruit for Pike Road Pinot Gris is hand-picked and gently pressed. The juice is then cold fermented in small stainless steel tanks to preserve its delicate aromatics, and finished with a screw-cap so that it tastes as fresh as the day it was bottled.
Aromas of tropical fruit, early peach and lemon meringue pie lead to a juicy, refreshing mouthful of citrus, lychee and baking spice. A subtle suggestion of woodsy autumn leaves complements a rich and rounded texture that ends with a zip of tart green apple.
- Item #: i_255150Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine is brilliant pale yellow with a bright green hue. It exudes aromas of key lime, mango, papaya and white nectarine with a hint of fresh-cut grass. The palate is fresh and enticing, as grapefruit, pineapple and passion fruit intertwine with Meyer lemon and lime, making the mouth water. Balanced yet lively acidity lingers on the palate inviting another taste. Boxwood on the finish gives the wine length and vibrant freshness.
- Item #: i_257880Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 76% Grenache, 19% Mourvedre, and 5% Counoise, the 2019 Patelin de Tablas Rose is a vibrant light peach color. On the nose are spicy aromatics of nectarine, grapefruit pith, sea spray, and crushed rock. The mouth is bright with flavors of yellow raspberry and blood orange, with mouthwatering acidity giving focus to a long finish with flavors of lemon drop, briny mineral, and a little rose petal florality. Drink now and over the next year.
Tablas Creek Vineyard was founded by the Perrin family of Chateau de Beaucastel and Robert Haas of Vineyard Brands to produce California's best examples of southern Rhone varietals and Chateauneuf du Pape style blends. The partners chose a 120-acre property in the limestone hills of west Paso Robles and imported new clones of Syrah, Mourvedre, Grenache, etc., from the Beaucastel estate, and farms their estate organically.
The vineyards and resulting wines showed such purity, intensity, and complexity that the neighbors of Tablas Creek began to plant new vineyards using vines that were propagated from those Beaucastel vines. Tablas Creek's Patelin red, white, and rose are made from grapes harvested from their neighbors' vineyards, and these have become some of the best values in the entire Paso Robles region! This year, it was their rose that stood out like a full moon on a clear night.
When you drink French rose, Grenache or Mourvedre are typically the dominant grapes, so it makes sense that Paso Robles (being a hotbed for Rhone varietals) would make their own roses. We have sampled quite a few of them this year, and while there are definitely some winners, Tablas Creek's is at the top of our list! Dry, crisp, and lower in alcohol (13.0%), this wine definitely is French in style!
- Item #: i_269140Bottle Size: 750mlComing from the McCormick Family's vineyard in Clarksburg, this historic viticulture region has dense clay and loam soils. Fog and cool breezes from San Francisco Bay keep the area cool. Aged for 9 months in neutral French oak, Falanghina is a summer time must have. This gorgeous Italian varietal has a pale yellow hue, showcasing bright aromatics of key-lime zest, mango, underripe guava and nectar peach. The palate offers surprising weight balanced with high acidity. Flavors of green apple, tangy kumquat, pithy grapefruit, and mango give way to a ridiculously long finish. Drink now to 3-5 years.
- Item #: i_268760Bottle Size: 750mlConsisting of 53% Grenache, 43% Mourvedre, and 4% Cinsault, this Bandol-inspired Rose is a beauty, featuring aromas and flavors of citrus and stone fruits, highlighted by cherry, watermelon rind, grapefruit, nectarine and peach flavors. The wine has firm balancing acidity and both inviting aromas and a long finish on the palate. The medium bodied frame is layered, textured, balanced and elegant, and the wine will drink well on release or age for 5-7 years. It is a perfect accompaniment to a wide variety of seafood, pasta and fowl and best served at or slightly above cellar temperature.
- Item #: i_270300Bottle Size: 750mlAromatics of grapefruit, guava and melon. Exhibiting lively citrus notes with zest of Meyer Lemon with bright, focused fruit flavors balanced with minerality. Crisp and lively, with medium body and a focused finish.