- Item #: i_200515Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI 91 POINTS - "The 2015 Chardonnay El Jabali Vineyard is a very pretty, nuanced wine. Understated, soft and silky, it has much to offer. This is an especially delicate style of Chardonnay, especially for the Sta. Rita Hills. Dried pear, herb and dried flowers add nuance throughout."
- Item #: i_200520Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Alpha Omega's Chardonnay is naturally fermented, unfined and unfiltered. The integration of six different clones of Chardonnay brings unique characteristics to this multifaceted wine. They achieve precision and balance by an 18-month aging process in French oak with constant stirring. The result is an elegant and finesse driven Chardonnay that embodies Meursault with a California accent.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2015 Chardonnay displays compelling white peach, honeyed pear and melon notes with underlying cashews, struck match and lightly browned toast. The medium-bodied palate simply sings with rich stone fruit and savory flavors, lifted by a racy acid line and finishing with lingering mineral notes. Impressive!"
- Item #: i_200655Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 65% Zinfandel and 35% Petite Sirah, sourced from Alexander Valley, Dry Creek Valley, Russian River Valley, and Livermore. This rich, dark, dense wine presents as dark purple-red in the glass. The bold, jammy, ripeness of the Zinfandel is well balanced with the blue-black notes of the Petite Sirah. On the nose, you are greeted with the essence of blackberry pie, black cherry, graphite and a hint of herbaciousness. On the palate, this wine is inky and thick while maintaining brightness and balance. Notes of marionberry, bramble and a hint of black pepper coat your mouth in an assertive, rich and lingering way.
- Item #: i_201020Bottle Size: 750mlPrisme is the truest expression of the Pinot Noir grape. Anne Amie selects only their finest blocks of Pinot noir and gently press the grapes, liberating the free run juice, but not the color or tannins from the skins. It is then barrel-fermented, and aged on its lees in French oak barrels for 18 months. This structured white wine has a backbone of acidity, a voluptuous mid-palate and along, creamy finish. Prismé is named after the word prism - the splitting of white light into its corresponding colors. Anne Amie is doing precisely that in reverse, making a rich, textured white wine from Pinot noir.
The Prisme starts with 100% Pinot noir free run juice that is settled and racked into barrels. It is entirely barrel-fermented in French oak puncheons; lees stirred, allowed partial malolactic fermentation (around 80%) and then aged on its lees for 18 months before bottling.
The aromas is this wine begin with baked apples, fennel, vanilla bean, elderflower, cardamom, candied ginger, creme brulee, then moves to flavors of ripe pears, graham cracker, nutmeg, lemon meringue, and ripe fig, with a lingering finished laced with creamy acidity.
- Item #: i_274612Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90Wine Spectator: 90WINERY NOTES - The 2014 sparkling wine vintage in the Willamette Valley was pristine, showcasing the enticing generosity and focused definition the region has to offer. The Pinot Noir dominated blend provides impressive red-fruited dimension to the ripe pear, fig and roast hazelnut. The middle palate is invigorated with dynamic acid backbone and edgy minerality, bringing balance and concentration to the long finish. "
- Item #: i_203380Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "This estate blend from Howell Mountain was formerly known as "Obsidian." Composed of 74% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Petit Verdot, 8% Cabernet Franc, 4% Merlot and 4% Malbec, the 2015 Proprietary Red Estate gives a deep garnet-purple color and aromas of spiced blackberries, fruitcake and plum pudding with suggestions of Indian spices, earth and underbrush, plus a touch of violets. Packed with rich, opulent fruit in the full-bodied mouth, it has a solid, fine-grained backbone and plenty of freshness, finishing long and multilayered. 500 cases were made."
- Item #: i_201540Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsArrow and Branch proprietors (and Laguna Beach locals) Steve and Seanne Contursi share a great love for the wines of Bordeaux, particularly those produced with a large quantity of Cabernet Franc, such as Chateau Cheval Blanc. The couple sought out their Coombsville vineyard property with an eye to producing top-quality Cabernet Franc-based wines from Napa Valley. They bought the Arrow and Branch Vineyard in November 2007, as this vineyard was the source of Tony Soter's renowned and highly rated Little Creek Cabernet Franc. The Contursi's have maintained the organic farming and, through their work with the detail-oriented Viticulturalist Mike Wolf, are continually improving this wonderful vineyard site.
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "A blend of 92% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Petit Verdot and the rest Merlot from the Lewelling and Stagecoach Vineyards and aged 20 months in 60% new French oak, the gorgeous 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Black Label offers everything you could want. Blackberry, blueberries, incense, sweet spice and dried flower notes all soar from the glass and it's full-bodied, incredibly opulent and mouthfilling, all while never seeming heavy or cumbersome. It's a big Napa Valley fruit bomb done with class!"
- Item #: i_201500Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "Dark cherry, plum, grilled herbs, game, smoke, licorice and lavender infuse the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon (Knights Valley) with tons of character. Beams of tannin and persistent saline notes – both typical of Knights Valley – give the 2015 much of its character. There is so much to like."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon is deep garnet-purple and gives very pretty notes of crushed red currants, black cherries and black currants with touches of camphor, pencil shavings, lilacs and cigar box. Medium to full-bodied, the palate has a taut structure of grainy tannins and great freshness supporting the muscular red and black fruits, finishing with a lingering minty lift. 2,500 cases produced."
- Item #: i_201090Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Vinous Media: 95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple in color, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon struts out of the glass with bold cassis, crushed black cherries and blackberries with touches of menthol, pencil lead, tapenade, lavender, espresso and bay leaves. The lively palate is full-bodied with firm, grainy, super ripe tannins and a fantastic mineral-tinged finish."
ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "John Schwartz's 2015 Au Sommet is superb. Nuanced, polished and super-delicious, the 2015 possesses exceptional finesse and texture in the mid-weight, gracious style that is Heidi Barrett's signature. The flavors are dark and incisive in this dark, sumptuous Cabernet Sauvignon. Even so, the 2015 retains terrific freshness for the year. Black cherry, lavender, graphite, plum and menthol add striking layers of nuance."
- Item #: i_276470Bottle Size: 750mlBursting with aromatic white peach and orange blossom, this Rhone blend of Viognier and Roussanne offers succulent flavors of pineapple and creamy baked apple with a streak of minerality and a bright, honeysuckle finish. Pair with macadamia chicken with orange-ginger sauce and ahi poke. Drink now through 2025.
- Item #: i_204460Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Jeb Dunnuck: 99 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 99 POINTS - "Another gem in the lineup, the 2015 Melbury has a more feminine, elegant, seamless profile that certainly doesn't lack for fruit. Loaded with notions of cassis, blueberries, flowers, and violets, it's ethereal and elegant on the palate, with sweet fruit and opulence galore. It picks up ample tannins as well as mid-palate depth with time in the glass, is perfectly balanced, and has another 3-4 decades of longevity."
ANTONIO GALLONI 98 POINTS - "The more time passes, the more I think Melbury may turn out to be one of the most complete wines in the BOND range. The 2016 and 2015 both make a very strong case for that view. Tasted from bottle, the 2015 is exceptionally beautiful and vivid. Blood orange, mint and floral notes add nuance to an unbelievably polished, refined Cabernet Sauvignon. Put simply, the 2015 Melbury is a total stunner and every bit as captivating as it was last year."
ROBERT PARKER 97 POINTS - "Bottled in early 2018, the 2015 Melbury is deep garnet-purple colored with beautiful redcurrant jelly and creme de cassis notes with savory notions of tobacco, black olives and smoked meats plus a waft of lavender. The palate is full-bodied, firm and grainy, with a lively line lifting the perfumed, savory layers, finishing long."
- Item #: i_208870Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 100Vinous Media: 95+Jeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "Bottled in early 2018, the 2015 Pluribus is deep purple-black colored with minted cassis, pencil shavings and tobacco over a core of black plums, black berry preserves and mulberries plus hints of Chinese five spice and dried lavender. Big, rich, bold and decadent, it has a firm line of super ripe, grainy tannins and fantastic freshness lifting the generous flavors to a long finish."
JEB DUNNUCK 98+ POINTS - "The 2015 Pluribus comes from the highest elevation vineyard in the lineup, located halfway up Spring Mountain on a southeast facing parcel of volcanic and Aiken soils. Classic Spring Mountain conifer and bay leaf notes are balanced by loads of sweet blue fruits, lavender, and exotic flower nuances. As with all the 2015s, it's full-bodied and beautifully textured, with a seamless, pure, layered style that carries the sexy vibe of the vintage beautifully. Drink it any time over the coming 30+ years."
ANTONIO GALLONI 98 POINTS - "All the elements come together beautifully in the 2015 Pluribus, a wine that captures all the best this challenging vintage had to offer. Inky red/purplish fruit, lavender, rose petal, blood orange and mint are some of the many notes that take shape. Powerful and beautifully layered in the glass, the 2015 has more than enough fruit and overall richness to play off the structure that is such a signature of this Spring Mountain wine. Complete, multi-dimensional and stunning in its beauty, the 2015 Pluribus is a fitting conclusion to this flight of 2015s from BOND."
- Item #: i_208800Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsANTONIO GALLONI 97 POINTS - "The Quella is somber and brooding in 2015. Dark cherry, plum smoke, tobacco, leather, spice and scorched earth give the 2015 distinctive baritone inflections. There is quite a bit of density and textural resonance, but at the same time, the Quella is not particularly expressive. Perhaps bottling has affected the Quella more than it has the other wines in the range, as it was quite showy from barrel. I have seen Quella go through a period of reticence after bottling, so I won't be at all surprised if all it needs is time."
JEB DUNNICK 97 POINTS - "The 2015 Quella is a darker, more mineral-laced wine and offers a classic Quella bouquet of black fruits, black truffle, tobacco, and dried earth. It's full-bodied, deep and layered on the palate, with ripe, present tannins and terrific elegance as well as purity. It has the balance and texture to shine today, yet the class to evolve for 20 years or more."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "Bottled in early 2018, the deep garnet-purple colored 2015 Quella gives aromas of blackcurrants, black cherries and mulberries with touches of tobacco, new leather, iron ore and truffles plus a hint of tree back. The palate is full-bodied, muscular and laden with earth and mineral layers, finishing with persistent savory notes."
- Item #: i_204520Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 99Jeb Dunnuck: 100 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS - "Moving to the 2015s tasted from bottle, this is an incredible vintage for this estate and there are two perfect wines in the lineup. First up, the 2015 St. Eden, from a hillside of red volcanic soils near Oakville, boasts a saturated purple color and heavenly notes of blackcurrants, scorched earth, lead pencil shavings, and huge crushed rock-like minerality. It's full-bodied, deep, and layered on the palate, with incredible concentration, yet it stays seamless, pure, and perfectly balanced. It's a magical wine to drink over the coming 2-3 decades."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 99 POINTS - "Bottled in early 2018, the deep garnet-purple colored 2015 St. Eden springs from the glass with exuberant blueberry pie, potpourri and spice cake scents followed by a black raspberry, cassis and preserved plums core plus a touch of wild sage. Full-bodied, plush and decadently fruited, it completely packs the palate with layer upon layer of black fruit preserves, finishing very long with those spices coming through."
ANTONIO GALLONI 96 - "The 2015 St. Eden is another wine in this lineup that is not quite as expressive as it can be. Firm tannins dominate over softer contours that so often make St. Eden such an alluring wine. Time in the glass brings out an attractive set of dark cherry, plum, leather and tobacco notes. Even so, the 2015 is going to need a number of years to be at its very best. "
- Item #: i_204770Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98Jeb Dunnuck: 100 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS - "Also pure perfection in a glass, the 2015 Vecina comes from an east-facing site located not far from the Harlan Estate. It was previously a terraced vineyard but was replanted when they opted to remove the terraces 7-8 years ago. Totally thrilling notes of creme de cassis, lead pencil, barbecue, white chocolate, and spring flower notes all flow to a full-bodied, powerful wine that has building tannins, no sensation of weight, hints of background oak, and incredible intensity and length. It's a true "wow" wine that could not be better. Don't miss it!"
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "Bottled in early 2018, the 2015 Vecina is deep garnet-purple in color, with baked blackberries, black cherries and blackcurrant cordial aromas that leap from the glass with nuances of roses, pencil lead, menthol and mocha. The palate is full-bodied, very fine and incredibly seductive with a solid frame supporting the generous layers, finishing long and exotic."
ANTONIO GALLONI 97 POINTS - "While some of the Bond 2015s are quiet today, the 2015 Vecina is super-expressive. A big, dense wine, the 2015 possesses stunning richness and dimension. Black cherry, scorched earth, leather, licorice and tobacco build as this towering, statuesque Cabernet shows off its pedigree. Quite simply, the 2015 Vecina is a tremendous expression of Vine Hill Ranch and one of the more complete wines of the year."
- Item #: i_206210Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2015 Chardonnay Ribbon Ridge has a lovely nose of acacia blossom, fresh hay and wet stone over a core of red and yellow apples and lemon pith with touches of sliced almonds. Medium-bodied and lively in the mouth, it offers good layers of orchard and citrus fruit with mineral and earth notes plus toasty/nutty suggestions in the background. It's slightly creamy in the mouth with a strong frame of acidity, finishing on a honey-nut note. 350 cases produced."
- Item #: i_203260Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2015 Reserve Tapestry is soft, pliant and supple, all qualities that make it an excellent choice for drinking now and over the next handful of years. Sweet red cherry, plum, rose petal, mint and dried flowers are all laced together in this racy, super-expressive blend from BV. The Cabernet Sauvignon-based Tapestry is one of the hidden gems in the range."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "The 2015 Reserve Tapestry Proprietary Red Wine is blended of 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 11% Merlot, 7% Malbec, 4% Cabernet Franc and 3% Petit Verdot aged in a mix of French, American and Hungarian oak (60% new) for 22 months. It has a deep garnet-purple color and quite a toasty nose to begin, giving way to a beautiful perfume of roses and lilacs with a core of cassis, redcurrant jelly and blackberry tart plus a touch of cedar chest. Full, velvety and seductive, it delivers layers of perfumed red and black fruit with a very long finish. 16,637 cases produced."
- Item #: i_207220Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 28 Merlot, 11% Cabernet Franc, 5% Petit Verdot, and 1% Malbec, the potential of this wine is just beginning to show. The color is relatively dark—not opaque—with no sign of evolution. The aromas are discrete: fruity-floral— herbal—spicy—and pure. On the palate, the wine has a certain density, but now the tannins have melted and this wine just flows. This is a wine for the ages.
- Item #: i_207485Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94Cakebread's single-vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon's are hard to come by. On top of their production being much smaller than their other Cabernets, the scores from the critics will often approach the triple digit mark…which makes them highly collectable! Their Benchland Select bottling is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon crafted from two exceptional vineyards in Napa Valley's gently sloping western benchlands, including Jack Cakebread's Hill Ranch in the heart of the famed Rutherford appellation not far from the winery. These sites enjoy ideal eastern exposures, well-drained soils and mild afternoon temperatures, resulting in uniform fruit ripening and wines that are simultaneously opulent and elegant.
In order to maximize color extraction, tannin structure and vineyard expression, winemaker Julianne Laks uses a mixture of small and larger fermentation tanks, carefully tailored yeast strains, fermentation temperatures, and maceration techniques to the attributes of each lot of grapes, which vary by location, ripeness level and clonal type. Such specialized fermentations, combined with lot-specific barrel aging regimens, ensure that the finest attributes of each vineyard are reflected in the final blend.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Benchland Select displays a deep garnet-purple color with a very pretty nose of lilacs and roses over a core of cassis, blueberries and black cherries with hints of baking spices and dusty earth. The palate is rich and generous, with perfumed fruit framed by fine-grained tannins and loads of freshness, finishing long."
- Item #: i_209820Bottle Size: 750mlAfter graduating from Cal Poly SLO, winemaker Denise Shurtleff worked at a local winery as a lab tech during harvest, and was quickly introduced to the intensity and passion associated with fine winemaking. She worked all aspects at the winery, learning how each and every part of the winemaking process affects the final wine. The sustainably-farmed Tempusquet Vineyard in Santa Maria produces grapes of intense quality, and Denise knows just the methods needed to get the vineyard's best into the bottle.
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2015 Syrah Tepusquet Vineyard is the most impressive wine in the range today. Powerful, dense and explosive, the 2015 pulses with both energy. An exotic melange of inky dark fruit, creme de cassis, lavender, black pepper and spice builds as this striking wine shows off its pedigree."
- Item #: i_206980Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96+ POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2015 Cardinale Cabernet Sauvignon (containing 10% Merlot) gives beautiful red, black and blue fruit notes with touches of dried herbs, spice cake and unsmoked cigars, plus a waft of cedar. Medium to full-bodied, it has a firm structure with plenty of gregarious mid-palate fruit, finishing with a lingering herbal lift. This seductive blockbuster is temptingly drinkable now and it should age gracefully over 15-20 years. 2,579 cases produced."
ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "The 2015 Cardinale is dark, sensual and totally beguiling. Voluptuous fruit and soft, racy contours make a strong opening statement. The dark cherry, mocha, smoke, plum, spice and new leather flavors are all amped up in a seamless, alluring Cardinale that is going to be nearly impossible to resist in its youth. There is so much to like here."
- Item #: i_207260Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 39% Semillon from Monte Rosso Vineyard, 33% Muscadelle from Pagani Ranch, and 28% Colombard, Muscadelle, and Palomino from Mancini Ranch.
Winery's Tasting Notes: "Quinine, grapefruit, quince, and citrus pith all stand out in the engaging aromas. Medium bodied, yellow fruits mingle with a slight herbaceous note reminding me of newly baled hay. Plenty of verve and minerality in the refreshing finish. Fruitier (but not riper) than the ’14. There is precious little Derivative in 2016 so if you are a fan of this wine, this is your opportunity to stock up. Drink from release through 2024."
- Item #: i_207270Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94Planted in 1934 shortly after the repeal of Prohibition by Celestino Papera, this vineyard is a bit of an anomaly in that it contains much less in the way of mixed blacks than we typically see in vineyards of this era. And interestingly, the majority of the mixed blacks that are present is Carignane. Carignane is a late ripener and high in acidity making it a curious choice for this very cool site. Nevertheless, it seems to work, producing a powerfully elegant Zinfandel. Twenty percent new French oak. Filtered but unfined.
Very dark ruby-garnet, almost opaque. Head-turning aromas of framboise and kirsch are complemented by notes of fresh tobacco leaf, spun sugar, and spearmint leaves. What a sniff! On the palate, fullbodied but my-oh-my, so seamless, so well-balanced. Flavors of red currant, macerated cherries, and a hint of pleasing herbaceousness build through the long, smooth finish. Truly one of our top Papera Zinfandels to date. Enjoy from release through 2024.
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "A compelling wine, with expressive blackberry and briary underbrush aromas and refined yet evocative cherry, smoky mint and pepper aromas that linger toward plump tannins. Best from 2019 through 2027."
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2015 Zinfandel Papera Ranch offers a good initial burst of dark cherry and plum fruit, but then has a bit less persistence follow-through on the mid-palate and finish. Succulent and forward, the 2015 looks like it will drink well upon release. This is not an especially subtle style."
- Item #: i_207380Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92Under the expert farming of organic specialist Phil Coturri, Rossi Ranch has quickly returned to its former glory. Lots to be excited about here, as the fruit comes from vines planted in 1910! Medium-dark ruby-garnet. With aeration and swirling, aromas of kirsch liqueur and briery spice emerge from the glass. On the palate, tightly coiled but at the same time very poised and polished with no rusticity. Red fruits are echoed in the energetic, mineral-laden finish. Exceptionally well-balanced, this wine will age well and develop further complexity. When to drink? Wait a couple of years and then enjoy from 2020 to 2026.
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Features briary notes in spades, plus vibrant black raspberry, cracked pepper and anise flavors. Best from 2019 through 2027."