- Item #: i_201430Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsTrespasser is a blend of 41% Petite Sirah, 30% Mourvedre, 24% Syrah, and 5% Grenache. Typically, the blend is focused on Aaron's spiciest barrels of Petite Sirah, while the more savory Mourvedre and Syrah components are fermented with about 50% whole clusters. He's been slowly increasing the Mourvedre component over the years because of how well it thrives in Paso Robles, as well as how much he loves its deep, savory contribution to the blend. The aromatics scream of black licorice, dried blueberries, and pepper, the palate flowing effortlessly across the tongue with savory earth, tobacco, dense fruit, and ample tannins.
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 94 POINTS - "Aside from a few notable exceptions (particularly Ridge), Petite Sirah never seems to get much love, in California, or anywhere else. Aaron Jackson is doing his part to change that at his eponymous winery, which he founded in 2002. The results have been pretty compelling. Jackson's wines, all Petite Sirah-centric or -dominant, must be among the most graceful renditions of the variety that I have ever experienced. With an undergraduate degree in enology from Cal Poly and a masters in enology from the University of Adelaide under his belt, Jackson knows a thing or two about winemaking, and he also brings his talents to a second project, Aequorea, which produces elegant Pinot Gris, Viognier and Pinot Noir from cool, coastal vineyards in San Luis Obispo County, to the south of Paso Robles."
"(aged in large French oak barrels, 20% of them new, for 22 months) Opaque purple. Highly expressive black and blue fruit scents are complemented by white pepper, allspice and floral pastille nuances. Sappy and broad in the mouth, offering deeply concentrated blackberry, cherry cola and spicecake flavors and a touch of candied licorice. Smooth, harmonious tannins build steadily on an impressively long, sweet finish that leaves behind floral and juicy dark berry notes."
JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Similarly deep ruby/purple-colored, the 2015 Trespasser (41% Petite Sirah, 30% Mourvedre, 24% Syrah, and the rest Grenache) gives up lots of blueberry, ground herbs, pepper, and smoky, meaty notes in its rich, concentrated, yet beautifully balanced personality. With notable freshness and purity, fine tannins, and a great finish, it's another sensational blend from these limestone hills on the west side of Paso Robles."
- Item #: i_200130Bottle Size: 750mlThe myriad of dark fruit and floral notes in this Pinot Noir come from the cool, windy Los Carneros American Viticultural Area (AVA) in the southern reaches of Napa Valley. Satsuma plum, blackberry, red rose and violet notes weave through the enticing aromas, mingled with warm nuances of vanilla and toasted oak from barrel aging. Silky, elegant flavors echo the aromas, adding blueberry and plum to the rich fruit complexity. You'll find this wine's lush flavors, bright acidity and fine tannins are perfectly balanced to complement a broad range of foods, from grilled salmon and chicken, to lamb and wild mushrooms.
- Item #: i_200100Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsWinemaker Chris Phelps grew up in the hills of the Livermore Valley, east of San Francisco, in a family of wine lovers. His early interest in winemaking grew out of his parents' practice of making a barrel or two of Zinfandel or Cabernet for family and friends. Chris attended UC Davis with the sensible plan of becoming a doctor. However, his love of wine and France pulled him into the school's Enology and Viticulture program, an internship at Louis M. Martini in Napa Valley, and the world of professional winemaking.
From there, Chris then embarked on a 16-month sojourn in Bordeaux, where he met Christian Moueix, who persuaded him to stay on to manage the 1982 harvest at Château des Laurets, in the Puisseguin-St. Emilion district of Bordeaux. It was during this trial-by-fire experience that Chris met his mentor, the brilliant Jean-Claude Berrouet, who served for 44 years as the winemaker of Chateau Petrus. To this day, Chris still credits much of his inspiration as a winemaker and his solid understanding of the technical challenges of the winemaking craft to Berrouet's tutelage. Upon returning to Napa Valley, Chris spent twelve years as winemaker at Dominus, as part of the Berrouet-Moueix team. He considers the 1991 and 1994 vintages to be among the greatest wines he has helped to create. He then spent seven years at Caymus Vineyards, managing all red winemaking from 1999 through 2002.
Ad Vivum (Latin for "toward wine") Cabernet Sauvignon is made from one small micro-block of vines at Sleeping Lady Vineyard, in Yountville, Napa Valley. The vines are located at the vineyard's uppermost western perimeter along the Mayacamas Mountains. Row orientation is southwestnortheast. The vineyard is sustainably and meticulously farmed by the Bettinelli family. The soil profile shows Keefers dark gravelly-sandy clay loam of alluvial origin.
ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon is outrageously beautiful. Dark, sumptuous and extravagantly rich, the 2015 possesses off the charts richness and intensity in every dimension. A rush of black cherry, mocha, lavender and violet build in this silky, plush, deeply expressive Cabernet Sauvignon. Today, the 2015 is a total pleasure bomb. While not inexpensive, the 2015 hits all the right spots. It is also arguably the reference-point wine from the Sleeping Lady vineyard. This is the first vintage in which Chris Phelps fermented some of his lots in barrel."
JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon comes all from the Sleeping Lady Vineyard just outside of Yountville (next to Dominus) and spent 16 months in 70% new French oak. Its deep, inky purple color is followed by a full-bodied, rich, opulent red that's loaded with notions of creme de cassis, cedar, and lead pencil. With a great mid-palate, its oak completely covered by pure fruit, and a great finish, it's beautiful Cabernet Sauvignon to enjoy over the coming 15-20 years."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Produced from 100% Cabernet Sauvignon coming from the Sleeping Lady Vineyard in Yountville and all Clone 191, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Sleeping Lady Vineyard has a deep garnet-purple color and is redolent of warm cassis, black forest cake and blueberry pie with hints of tar, underbrush and anise. Full-bodied and seductively rich and velvety, it has a lively backbone injecting plenty of freshness and a long, mineral-laced finish. 175 cases were made."
- Item #: i_200240Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "(21% new oak): Pale, brilliant yellow. Displays racy, mineral-accented citrus and orchard fruit scents that show impressive focus and spicy lift. Shows excellent delineation and tension on the palate, offering nervy Meyer lemon, quince and candied ginger flavors that deepen slowly and pick up a hint of smokiness on the back half. Closes dry and impressively long, with repeating minerality and firm, tangy bite."
- Item #: i_200515Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI 91 POINTS - "The 2015 Chardonnay El Jabali Vineyard is a very pretty, nuanced wine. Understated, soft and silky, it has much to offer. This is an especially delicate style of Chardonnay, especially for the Sta. Rita Hills. Dried pear, herb and dried flowers add nuance throughout."
- Item #: i_275877Bottle Size: 750mlAlma Rosa can be translated from Spanish to English to literally mean the "Soul of the Rose." Alma Rosa Winery and Vineyards was founded in 2005 by Sta. Rita Hills pioneer winegrowers Thekla and Richard Sanford.
Bright nose, with dusty raspberry, sage and thyme, laced with butterscotch and light-toast coffee bean cues from the French oak barrels. Flavors of ripe raspberry, red cherry and baking spices are lifted by the fresh acid backbone. On the palate, it is focused and medium-bodied, with fine grip from the seed tannin
- Item #: i_200210Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 92
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon is youthfully mute at this stage, offering peeks at red and black plum notes plus a spice box and pencil shavings undercurrent. Medium-bodied with straight-up lovely freshly crushed black fruit flavors, it has a soft, approachable backbone and pleasant lift on the finish."
- Item #: i_200655Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 65% Zinfandel and 35% Petite Sirah, sourced from Alexander Valley, Dry Creek Valley, Russian River Valley, and Livermore. This rich, dark, dense wine presents as dark purple-red in the glass. The bold, jammy, ripeness of the Zinfandel is well balanced with the blue-black notes of the Petite Sirah. On the nose, you are greeted with the essence of blackberry pie, black cherry, graphite and a hint of herbaciousness. On the palate, this wine is inky and thick while maintaining brightness and balance. Notes of marionberry, bramble and a hint of black pepper coat your mouth in an assertive, rich and lingering way.
- Item #: i_201190Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Vinous Media: 92ROBERT PARKER 96 POINTS - "Very deep purple-black in color, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Helena Montana Vineyard gives up notes of coffee grounds, chocolate box and warm blueberries with hints of black currant cordial and blackberry pie, plus touches of tar and black soil. Medium-bodied and totally laden with tightly packed fruit layers and great tension, it has a very firm frame of grainy tannins and epic length. 847 cases produced."
- Item #: i_201610Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Jeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2015 Chardonnay (Russian River Valley) is gorgeous. Supple, lush and inviting, the 2015 is a fabulous introduction to the Arista wines. Lush and tropical, with fabulous freshness, the 2015 is terrific. Candied lemon peel, white flowers, chamomile and white flowers add lovely shades of nuance throughout. The Russian River Chardonnay is rich and opulent, but not at all heavy."
JEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "The appellation blend from winemaker Mike Courtney, Arista's 2015 Chardonnay Russian River Valley is a beautiful, classic Russian River Valley Chardonnay. Buttered orchard fruits, orange blossom, and white flower notes flow to a rich, concentrated, layered white that has nicely integrated acuity, no hard edges, and a clean finish. This cuvee spent 12 months in 25% new French oak (the balance in stainless steel), and it should drink nicely for 4-6 years."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2015 Chardonnay Russian River Valley offers up gregarious tropical and citrus fruit notions of guava, grapefruit and lemon tart with suggestions of allspice, fresh ginger and baking bread. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is laden with tropical and spicy layers, featuring a lively line of freshness and finishes on a savory note. 578 cases were made."
- Item #: i_201500Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 91ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "Dark cherry, plum, grilled herbs, game, smoke, licorice and lavender infuse the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon (Knights Valley) with tons of character. Beams of tannin and persistent saline notes – both typical of Knights Valley – give the 2015 much of its character. There is so much to like."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon is deep garnet-purple and gives very pretty notes of crushed red currants, black cherries and black currants with touches of camphor, pencil shavings, lilacs and cigar box. Medium to full-bodied, the palate has a taut structure of grainy tannins and great freshness supporting the muscular red and black fruits, finishing with a lingering minty lift. 2,500 cases produced."
- Item #: i_276470Bottle Size: 750mlBursting with aromatic white peach and orange blossom, this Rhone blend of Viognier and Roussanne offers succulent flavors of pineapple and creamy baked apple with a streak of minerality and a bright, honeysuckle finish. Pair with macadamia chicken with orange-ginger sauce and ahi poke. Drink now through 2025.
- Item #: i_206950Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96ANTONIO GALLONI 98 POINTS - "I was blown away by the wines I tasted with Claude and Katherine Blankiet, and their new winemaker, Graeme MacDonald. The late Denis Malbec, along with his wife, May-Britt, did so much to dial back some of the excesses of the estate's earlier wines. In just his first vintage, MacDonald has taken over a very delicate situation and put his personal stamp on the wines. One of MacDonald's first decisions was to bottle the 2015s, which were made by Malbec, about two months earlier than had been the norm previously. The shorter amount of time in barrel seems to give these wines quite a bit more fruit intensity and fewer oak influences."
"The 2015 Proprietary Red is a model of total elegance and finesse. Lifted and aromatically expressive, but also quite deep, the 2015 is another wine that is surprisingly fresh and vibrant. Aromatically expressive and nuanced, the 2015 is silky and plush on the palate, yet also remains remarkably tight on its feet. This is one of the most exquisitely beautiful, riveting wines I have tasted from Claude and Katherine Blankiet."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96+ POINTS - "A Bordeaux blend of mainly Cabernet Sauvignon with smaller portions of Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, the 2015 Proprietary Red Paradise Hills Vineyard sports a deep garnet-purple color and is profoundly scented of crushed blackcurrants and blackberries with fragrant menthol, tilled soil, pencil shavings and Indian spice notions. Medium to full-bodied and tightly knit at this youthful stage, it has a solid frame of ripe, fine-grained tannins and plenty of freshness, finishing long and lively. It really needs another 2-3 years in bottle to really strut its stuff, then should drink beautifully for the next 20+ years."
- Item #: i_204680Bottle Size: 750mlFour distinctive varietals (Petite Sirah, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot), this "mysterious apparition" of ripe berry and relentless spice, returns to haunt wine lovers. Full of concentration and intensity, this wine will tease, tantalize and linger long after the last sip is gone. Wild berries and black pepper are framed by the influence of oak aging with baking spices and a hint of toasty vanilla.
- Item #: i_204460Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Vinous Media: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 99 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 99 POINTS - "Another gem in the lineup, the 2015 Melbury has a more feminine, elegant, seamless profile that certainly doesn't lack for fruit. Loaded with notions of cassis, blueberries, flowers, and violets, it's ethereal and elegant on the palate, with sweet fruit and opulence galore. It picks up ample tannins as well as mid-palate depth with time in the glass, is perfectly balanced, and has another 3-4 decades of longevity."
ANTONIO GALLONI 98 POINTS - "The more time passes, the more I think Melbury may turn out to be one of the most complete wines in the BOND range. The 2016 and 2015 both make a very strong case for that view. Tasted from bottle, the 2015 is exceptionally beautiful and vivid. Blood orange, mint and floral notes add nuance to an unbelievably polished, refined Cabernet Sauvignon. Put simply, the 2015 Melbury is a total stunner and every bit as captivating as it was last year."
ROBERT PARKER 97 POINTS - "Bottled in early 2018, the 2015 Melbury is deep garnet-purple colored with beautiful redcurrant jelly and creme de cassis notes with savory notions of tobacco, black olives and smoked meats plus a waft of lavender. The palate is full-bodied, firm and grainy, with a lively line lifting the perfumed, savory layers, finishing long."
- Item #: i_208870Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 100Vinous Media: 95+Jeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "Bottled in early 2018, the 2015 Pluribus is deep purple-black colored with minted cassis, pencil shavings and tobacco over a core of black plums, black berry preserves and mulberries plus hints of Chinese five spice and dried lavender. Big, rich, bold and decadent, it has a firm line of super ripe, grainy tannins and fantastic freshness lifting the generous flavors to a long finish."
JEB DUNNUCK 98+ POINTS - "The 2015 Pluribus comes from the highest elevation vineyard in the lineup, located halfway up Spring Mountain on a southeast facing parcel of volcanic and Aiken soils. Classic Spring Mountain conifer and bay leaf notes are balanced by loads of sweet blue fruits, lavender, and exotic flower nuances. As with all the 2015s, it's full-bodied and beautifully textured, with a seamless, pure, layered style that carries the sexy vibe of the vintage beautifully. Drink it any time over the coming 30+ years."
ANTONIO GALLONI 98 POINTS - "All the elements come together beautifully in the 2015 Pluribus, a wine that captures all the best this challenging vintage had to offer. Inky red/purplish fruit, lavender, rose petal, blood orange and mint are some of the many notes that take shape. Powerful and beautifully layered in the glass, the 2015 has more than enough fruit and overall richness to play off the structure that is such a signature of this Spring Mountain wine. Complete, multi-dimensional and stunning in its beauty, the 2015 Pluribus is a fitting conclusion to this flight of 2015s from BOND."
- Item #: i_208800Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsANTONIO GALLONI 97 POINTS - "The Quella is somber and brooding in 2015. Dark cherry, plum smoke, tobacco, leather, spice and scorched earth give the 2015 distinctive baritone inflections. There is quite a bit of density and textural resonance, but at the same time, the Quella is not particularly expressive. Perhaps bottling has affected the Quella more than it has the other wines in the range, as it was quite showy from barrel. I have seen Quella go through a period of reticence after bottling, so I won't be at all surprised if all it needs is time."
JEB DUNNICK 97 POINTS - "The 2015 Quella is a darker, more mineral-laced wine and offers a classic Quella bouquet of black fruits, black truffle, tobacco, and dried earth. It's full-bodied, deep and layered on the palate, with ripe, present tannins and terrific elegance as well as purity. It has the balance and texture to shine today, yet the class to evolve for 20 years or more."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "Bottled in early 2018, the deep garnet-purple colored 2015 Quella gives aromas of blackcurrants, black cherries and mulberries with touches of tobacco, new leather, iron ore and truffles plus a hint of tree back. The palate is full-bodied, muscular and laden with earth and mineral layers, finishing with persistent savory notes."
- Item #: i_204520Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 99Jeb Dunnuck: 100 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS - "Moving to the 2015s tasted from bottle, this is an incredible vintage for this estate and there are two perfect wines in the lineup. First up, the 2015 St. Eden, from a hillside of red volcanic soils near Oakville, boasts a saturated purple color and heavenly notes of blackcurrants, scorched earth, lead pencil shavings, and huge crushed rock-like minerality. It's full-bodied, deep, and layered on the palate, with incredible concentration, yet it stays seamless, pure, and perfectly balanced. It's a magical wine to drink over the coming 2-3 decades."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 99 POINTS - "Bottled in early 2018, the deep garnet-purple colored 2015 St. Eden springs from the glass with exuberant blueberry pie, potpourri and spice cake scents followed by a black raspberry, cassis and preserved plums core plus a touch of wild sage. Full-bodied, plush and decadently fruited, it completely packs the palate with layer upon layer of black fruit preserves, finishing very long with those spices coming through."
ANTONIO GALLONI 96 - "The 2015 St. Eden is another wine in this lineup that is not quite as expressive as it can be. Firm tannins dominate over softer contours that so often make St. Eden such an alluring wine. Time in the glass brings out an attractive set of dark cherry, plum, leather and tobacco notes. Even so, the 2015 is going to need a number of years to be at its very best. "
- Item #: i_204770Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98Jeb Dunnuck: 100 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS - "Also pure perfection in a glass, the 2015 Vecina comes from an east-facing site located not far from the Harlan Estate. It was previously a terraced vineyard but was replanted when they opted to remove the terraces 7-8 years ago. Totally thrilling notes of creme de cassis, lead pencil, barbecue, white chocolate, and spring flower notes all flow to a full-bodied, powerful wine that has building tannins, no sensation of weight, hints of background oak, and incredible intensity and length. It's a true "wow" wine that could not be better. Don't miss it!"
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "Bottled in early 2018, the 2015 Vecina is deep garnet-purple in color, with baked blackberries, black cherries and blackcurrant cordial aromas that leap from the glass with nuances of roses, pencil lead, menthol and mocha. The palate is full-bodied, very fine and incredibly seductive with a solid frame supporting the generous layers, finishing long and exotic."
ANTONIO GALLONI 97 POINTS - "While some of the Bond 2015s are quiet today, the 2015 Vecina is super-expressive. A big, dense wine, the 2015 possesses stunning richness and dimension. Black cherry, scorched earth, leather, licorice and tobacco build as this towering, statuesque Cabernet shows off its pedigree. Quite simply, the 2015 Vecina is a tremendous expression of Vine Hill Ranch and one of the more complete wines of the year."
- Item #: i_205880Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90Bootleg Red is a new production by Jackson Family Wine Collection; these are the people who own and produce awesome estate wines like Freemark Abbey, La Jota and StoneStreet just to name a few. Trust us; there are too many "household" names you would recognize for us to list them all but you now have an idea of the quality they bring to the table.
This offering is their entry to the California "Red" category, a section of the domestic wine industry that has seen tremendous growth with labels such as "The Prisoner" and "Menage a Trois" becoming brands that everyone who drinks California wine has heard of. In terms of sales this category is as hot as Cabernet Sauvignon!
So what sets this apart from other blends and why should you try it? Fruit sources; using Vineyards they own, the Jackson Family sourced grapes from prestigious sub-AVAs within Napa like Atlas Peak, Oakville, Rutherford, Mt Veeder and Spring Mountain with the balance of fruit (25%) coming from their Sonoma and Mendocino Vineyards. The blending components going into this Red comes from outstanding vineyards of whom we all love. Plain and simple, you have outstanding winegrowing, winemaking and wine-blending with Bootleg Red!
ROBERT PARKER 90 POINTS! "The 2015 Red Blend is made up of 53% Merlot, 21% Petite Sirah, 20% Syrah, 4% Cabernet Sauvignon, 1% Cabernet Franc and 1% Petit Verdot, aged 20 months in 28% new French oak and 2% new American oak. Deep garnet-purple colored, baked plums, warm blackberries and Black Forest cake springs from the glass with touches of Chinese five spice, dusty soil and garrigue with a touch of black tea. Full, rich and with an approachable chewy texture, it has great freshness and a long earthy finish. 3,046 cases produced."
- Item #: i_232600Bottle Size: 750MLBranham's 2015 "Jazz" trio continues to bring down the house! Presenting their group from the Napa Valley: 50% Zinfandel, 25% Petite Sirah, and 25% Cabernet Sauvignon. Sitting in for a short solo is the accomplished "Branham Rockpile fruit." Encore after encore, this proprietary blend never fails to satisfy the eye and palate. Refined melodies of black-plum, dark berries and coffee notes are enhanced by a purposeful symmetry of balanced tannins and acidity. Pair with music!
- Item #: i_206210Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2015 Chardonnay Ribbon Ridge has a lovely nose of acacia blossom, fresh hay and wet stone over a core of red and yellow apples and lemon pith with touches of sliced almonds. Medium-bodied and lively in the mouth, it offers good layers of orchard and citrus fruit with mineral and earth notes plus toasty/nutty suggestions in the background. It's slightly creamy in the mouth with a strong frame of acidity, finishing on a honey-nut note. 350 cases produced."
- Item #: i_206250Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 92Brick House was established in 1990 in the Willamette Valley from what was a dilapidated Hazelnut Orchard that had been "custom farmed" by non-resident farmers in the age of "Better Living Through Chemistry." Long story short, the Orchard was in a sad state, overrun with synthetic compounds and pesticides. It was in 1990 that the Orchard was set for rehabilitation in the form of cold turkey from all pesticides and synthetic chemicals. The land cleansed itself while its new caregivers learned the ropes of organic and biodynamic farming; in time new life sprung from the vines as the chemical residues loosened their grip.
Fast forward to today: Brickhouse is a certified organic vineyard, dry-farmed that puts an emphasis on Biodynamic practices. They are true stewards of the land farming with future generations in mind!
Vintage wise, 2015 was a very warm year for Oregon. Thankfully though, there were plenty of cool nights to provide long hang time and full maturity. While still having the feminine touch with nice acidity Oregon is known for, the wines themselves have a bit more richness appealing to the California Pinot drinkers. What is the final verdict from us at Hi-Time about the 2015 growing season for the Willamette Valley? Awesome vintage!
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 94 POINTS - "One of the Willamette Valley's iconic winemakers, Doug Tunnel was one of America's earliest adopters of fully organic farming, achieving the certification in 1990 followed by Demeter Biodynamic certification in 2005. Tunnel's wines are made in a distinctively and consciously Old World, low-octane style, favoring structure and detail with a discreet use of new oak. Like a steadily increasing number of his Oregon colleagues, Tunnel's elegant, understated but eminently age-worthy wines, whites as well as reds, smack one inside the head rather than upside it."
"Lurid red. A complex, highly perfumed bouquet evokes fresh red and dark berries, Asian spices and incense, and a hint of candied flowers emerges with aeration. Concentrated raspberry preserve, cherry cola and spicecake flavors show excellent clarity and stretch out and become sweeter and deeper on the back half. Shows outstanding clarity and spicy thrust on the impressively persistent finish, which is shaped by smooth, harmonious tannins that fold quickly into the juicy, lingering fruit. "
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Pale to medium ruby-purple colored, the 2015 Pinot Noir Evelyn's is a little youthfully mute, conjuring notions of red currants and pomegranate with hints of wild thyme, yeast extract, damp loam and mossy bark. Light to medium-bodied, the palate has a wonderfully fine-grained texture supporting elegant, delicate fruit, finishing with long-lasting savory and spice notes."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Soft, supple and delicate, with floral cherry and dark tea aromas and elegantly complex raspberry and smoky spice flavors that glide along the finish. Drink now through 2023. 500 cases made."