- Item #: i_273561Bottle Size: 750MLDecanter: 91 PointsWine Enthusiast: 91 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "With mid-summer comes the annual release of J's nonvintage Cuvée 20. This year's bottling is richer than last year's, and offers broad citrus, raspberry, vanilla and yeasty brioche flavors. The wine feels clean, vibrant and smooth. Editors’ Choice
DECANTER 91 POINTS - "Elegantly opens with fresh lemon peel, honeysuckle and autolysis aromas. Followed by a mix of apple and citrus notes with toast, caramel and almond flavours on the mid-palate. Lively acidity of citrus zest leads to a long, warm pear and lush aftertaste. Layers of depth and complexity."
- Item #: i_201070Bottle Size: 500mlEvery so often, one of our wine distributors bring us a wine that throws us for aloop...this is one of those times! Mueller-Thurgau is a cross of two different varieties. This was done by Hermann Mueller from the town of Thurgau (yes, coming up witha name is that easy!). As of 2006, it is the second most widely planted grape in Germany, yet is also planted in Austria, Italy, U.S.A., and Australia, among others. It is hard to think a grape this obscure would actually light a fire under us, but this wine offers so much flavor, texture, and sheer pleasure, that every single person who tried it with the vendor was amazed!
Anne Amie offers two renditions of their Muller Thurgau dessert wines, one called "Anne" and the other called "Amie". The Amie bottling was maderized and fortified to produce a Vin Doux Naturel styled dessert wine showing caramelized and nutty flavors that pair exceptionally with strong cheeses and candied almonds. We think this could be the perfect match with an apple pie!
- Item #: i_207100Bottle Size: 750MLIf you have enjoyed the prior "vintages" of Cain Cuvee, you will love the NV14. Those of you who have followed Cain Cuvee know that it is not your typical Napa red wine; no big, inky, oaky blockbuster here. Cain Cuvee is intended to sit lightly, refreshingly (dare we say, lovingly?) on your palate. There is all the fruit that you could want, but the Cain Cuvee is not fruit juice. It is, most assuredly, fine wine for serious wine-lovers who value complexity, balance and finish. The Cain Cuvee is for those who know that wine doesnet have to be big to be good.
- Item #: i_210320Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS - "A nice, everyday bubbly that offers elegance at an affordable price. Chardonnay contributes crisp flavors of limes, while Pinot Noir brings deeper flavors of cherries. A lovely wine that grows in the glass."
Classic balance typifies this refreshingly soft, yet dry wine. The wine delivers complex apple and pear characteristics accented by citrus spice over notes of almond and caramel in the bouquet. Look for nutty flavors with hints of brioche that build to a refreshingly dry finish.
- Item #: i_275157Bottle Size: 750MLWinemaker's Notes - In keeping with the traditional method, we add a small amount of red wine (Pinot Noir) prior to tirage to create the distinctive salmon color with copper hues. The wine's aroma is rich yet elegant with strawberry and red currant fruit layered over notes of nutmeg and cocoa. A bold, yet refined palate structure characterizes this wine with subtle but persistent flavors of raspberry and French toast. The wine finishes with excellent length and richness that will stand up to a variety of foods
- Item #: i_325188Bottle Size: 187mlWine Advocate: 89WINE ADVOCATE 89 POINTS - "This Domaine Chandon NV Brut Rose is a blend of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir by using the traditional method. Backed by LVMH, the winery was built in 2013. Deep rose in color, it reveals citrus, rose, red berry and red cherry notes. On the palate, it is pleasant—fruity with some biscuit and toast notes."
- Item #: i_276404Bottle Size: 750MLFeaturing Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier Delice is fruit driven with a generous creamy, luscious mouthfeel. It tantalizes the palate with nectarine, pear, golden apple and ruby grapefruit flavors. Much like its French couterpart, Moet Ice, Delice is full flavored and semi sweet qualites that enable it to to thrive on the rocks. Add mint sprigs and raspberries to Delice and ice cubes to create the consumate summer refresher.
- Item #: i_214065Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleCola, cranberry, pomegranate and peppercorn notes...vibrant and zesty.
- Item #: i_277401Bottle Size: 750MLFounded by the Taittinger family of Champagne, Domaine Carneros sparkling wines express their noble French heritage with pure California panache. The NV Dom Carneros Brut Rose is foamy and full on the palate with a lovely mix of fresh cherries, cream and soft-spoken yeast running its considerable length.
- Item #: i_264004Bottle Size: 750mlAs we finally swing into spring and look ahead to months of relaxed outdoor entertaining, it is high time (sorry pun intended) to stock up on bargain patio quaffers like this frothy Washington state gem.
For nearly 40 years, Domaine Ste. Michelle has crafted traditional French-style sparkling wines using premium grapes from the Evergreen States’s Columbia Valley.
This bubbly is a nifty blend of 63% Chardonnay, 19% Pinot Noir, and 18% Pinot Gris. It is finished with a slightly sweeter dosage, not unlike an Italian Prosecco, but with a finer effervescence wrought by the traditional Méthode Champenoise-as opposed to the less costly Charmant process. Here one is treated to delicate aromas of orange and lemon zest followed by appetizing flavors of green apples, Bosc pears, and Meyer lemons. Warning, be sure to have a chilled back up bottle at the ready because this is a real crowd pleaser that will quickly have your guests begging for more. This is a fine value at twelve dollars so we know our offer may seem a little too good to be true. Trust us it’s not, we are selling only freshly corked inventory bearing the winery's newly redesign label.
- Item #: i_275982Bottle Size: 750mlThis long-time pet project of winemaker Jenny Wagner is finally making its commercial debut. No professional reviews as of yet. However we will say that fans of toasty old school Champagnes will be pleasantly surprised by this fascinating New World bubbly. It is a blend of 56% Chardonnay and 44% Pinot Noir grapes sourced from Sonoma County (51%), Santa Barbara County (47%), and Monterey County (2%).
- Item #: i_221150Bottle Size: 750MLFicklin Vineyards is the first Port wine made in the United States entirely from four Portuguese grape varieties. These celebrated Port Grapes have been selected to produce our Ficklin Old Vine Tinta Port: Tinta Madeira for its fruity, almost spicy quality; Tinta Cao for its soft delicate flavor; the aromatic Souzao for its beautiful color; and the Touriga for its rich, full flavor. The grapes reach their perfection in th family vineyards under the favorable climatic conditions of southern Madera County. From grapes off the half-century old vines, the making of wines in small lots, the aging for several years in small oak casks, and the final aging in bottles, each bottle demonstrates the wonderful care and quality we strive for.
- Item #: i_223900Bottle Size: 750MLFrey Natural White is a non vintage blend of Chardonnay and Chenin Blanc grapes grown in beautiful Mendocino County. The variety of vineyard sites allows us to create a blend with excellent balance of acid and sugar. The wine is medium bodied and pairs well with many foods. Lemon custard and praline aromas follow through to a crisp, light-to-medium body of, kiwi, honey nut and melon. A fun, easy-going white wine for chicken dishes or picnics.
USDA Certified Organic in the vineyard and winery
NSA-No Sulfites Added
- Item #: i_277727Bottle Size: 750MLThis nearly garnet Rose, like all our non-vintage sparkling wines, is aged 24 months en tirage. It has a lovely, bright floral bouquet with hints of strawberry, raspberry, and cherry. On the palate, it is rich and fruity in a dry, Brut style. The flavor of berries continues on the palate, revealing more strawberry, raspberry, cherry.
- Item #: i_278406Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS-"Flavorful and polished, this supple wine blends subtle apple and pear notes with buttery, creamy accents. It is rich in character and softly framed by fine bubbles and elegant acidity, with a hint of sweetness on the finish." ) (4/2019)
- Item #: i_232740Bottle Size: 750MLCONNOISSEUR'S GUIDE TO CALIFORNIA WINE 91 POINTS - "This frothy, crisply balanced bubbly places the accent on freshness and grace even while showing a trace of proper Rose grip. It ends with a slight lemony lift at the finish, yet its fix on fruit is tenacious, and its prospects for successful service with sundry rich seafoods and light poultry dishes are as sure as sure gets. Ever since 1986, when Judy Jordan founded J Vineyards, her sparkling and still wines have achieved an enviable critical and commercial track record. The reason for this success is simply that over these many years J wines have delivered remarkably consistent quality fashioned around an elegant "house" style, which vividly expresses the essence of their Russian River Valleyterroir. Think strawberries and créme fraiche in the nose while the palate rolls out more strawberry impressions along with undertones of flambéed black cherries with hints of peach pits and citrus emerging in the mouth-watering finish. An awesome brunch bubbly or patio-quaffer to be sure."