- Item #: i_207100Bottle Size: 750MLIf you have enjoyed the prior "vintages" of Cain Cuvee, you will love the NV15. Those of you who have followed Cain Cuvee know that it is not your typical Napa red wine; no big, inky, oaky blockbuster here. Cain Cuvee is intended to sit lightly, refreshingly (dare we say, lovingly?) on your palate. There is all the fruit that you could want, but the Cain Cuvee is not fruit juice. It is, most assuredly, fine wine for serious wine-lovers who value complexity, balance and finish. The Cain Cuvee is for those who know that wine doesnet have to be big to be good.
- Item #: i_210320Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS - "A nice, everyday bubbly that offers elegance at an affordable price. Chardonnay contributes crisp flavors of limes, while Pinot Noir brings deeper flavors of cherries. A lovely wine that grows in the glass."
Classic balance typifies this refreshingly soft, yet dry wine. The wine delivers complex apple and pear characteristics accented by citrus spice over notes of almond and caramel in the bouquet. Look for nutty flavors with hints of brioche that build to a refreshingly dry finish.
- Item #: i_275157Bottle Size: 750MLWinemaker's Notes - In keeping with the traditional method, we add a small amount of red wine (Pinot Noir) prior to tirage to create the distinctive salmon color with copper hues. The wine's aroma is rich yet elegant with strawberry and red currant fruit layered over notes of nutmeg and cocoa. A bold, yet refined palate structure characterizes this wine with subtle but persistent flavors of raspberry and French toast. The wine finishes with excellent length and richness that will stand up to a variety of foods
- Item #: i_325188Bottle Size: 187mlWine Advocate: 89WINE ADVOCATE 89 POINTS - "This Domaine Chandon NV Brut Rose is a blend of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir by using the traditional method. Backed by LVMH, the winery was built in 2013. Deep rose in color, it reveals citrus, rose, red berry and red cherry notes. On the palate, it is pleasant—fruity with some biscuit and toast notes."
- Item #: i_277401Bottle Size: 750MLFounded by the Taittinger family of Champagne, Domaine Carneros sparkling wines express their noble French heritage with pure California panache. The NV Dom Carneros Brut Rose is foamy and full on the palate with a lovely mix of fresh cherries, cream and soft-spoken yeast running its considerable length.
- Item #: i_275982Bottle Size: 750mlThis long-time pet project of winemaker Jenny Wagner is finally making its commercial debut. No professional reviews as of yet. However we will say that fans of toasty old school Champagnes will be pleasantly surprised by this fascinating New World bubbly. It is a blend of 56% Chardonnay and 44% Pinot Noir grapes sourced from Sonoma County (51%), Santa Barbara County (47%), and Monterey County (2%).
- Item #: i_221150Bottle Size: 750MLFicklin Vineyards is the first Port wine made in the United States entirely from four Portuguese grape varieties. These celebrated Port Grapes have been selected to produce our Ficklin Old Vine Tinta Port: Tinta Madeira for its fruity, almost spicy quality; Tinta Cao for its soft delicate flavor; the aromatic Souzao for its beautiful color; and the Touriga for its rich, full flavor. The grapes reach their perfection in th family vineyards under the favorable climatic conditions of southern Madera County. From grapes off the half-century old vines, the making of wines in small lots, the aging for several years in small oak casks, and the final aging in bottles, each bottle demonstrates the wonderful care and quality we strive for.
- Item #: i_274035Bottle Size: 500MLClose your eyes...imagine the flavor of a chocolate kiss melting with your tongue on a summer afternoon. Now open your eyes and find yourself a glass to pour this "manifestation in liquid form" of America's favorite fetish... Chocolate! Combined with the velvety rich character of our fine Cucamonga port, this release has no rivals but the fight with your guests as to who will get the last glass. The sweet creamy feel on your tongue and the aroma of chocolate make you taste what you smell. What translates as "Sweet Heaven", Fondante Ciello truly is. The original chocolate-essenced port wine which is great over fresh berries or vanilla bean ice cream. WOW! Multi-gold medals. 18.3% alc by vol. Limited production (500mls).
- Item #: i_223840Bottle Size: 750MLFrey Vineyards - Mendocino County organic wine with no sulfites added, from America's pioneering organic winery. Also, the first maker of certified Biodynamic Wines in the U.S. We have always been family-owned and operated, and today a third generation helps with the production of fine organic wines in a tradition of sustainability started 30 years ago. Our vineyards and winery are nestled on the slopes of Redwood Valley in Mendocino County, California, at the headwaters of the Russian River. All of our wines are made with no added sulfites. Our innovative winemaking techniques compensate for the lack of this synthetic preservative (which can induce headaches, sniffles, and other allergic reactions in some people). The wine is therefore free to reveal its delicate and true flavors. Today, we are pleased that many more wineries and grape growers have become certified organic and Biodynamic, for the health of our common environment as well as our customers. Our best-selling wine is medium bodied, well balanced, and smooth, with a bright garnet hue. The finish is crisp and fruity. An excellent everyday red, carefully crafted with organic techniques. This wine pairs well with a wide variety of cuisine from picnic fare to holiday feasts.
- Item #: i_223900Bottle Size: 750MLFrey Natural White is a non vintage blend of Chardonnay and Chenin Blanc grapes grown in beautiful Mendocino County. The variety of vineyard sites allows us to create a blend with excellent balance of acid and sugar. The wine is medium bodied and pairs well with many foods. Lemon custard and praline aromas follow through to a crisp, light-to-medium body of, kiwi, honey nut and melon. A fun, easy-going white wine for chicken dishes or picnics.
USDA Certified Organic in the vineyard and winery
NSA-No Sulfites Added
- Item #: i_277727Bottle Size: 750MLThis nearly garnet Rose, like all our non-vintage sparkling wines, is aged 24 months en tirage. It has a lovely, bright floral bouquet with hints of strawberry, raspberry, and cherry. On the palate, it is rich and fruity in a dry, Brut style. The flavor of berries continues on the palate, revealing more strawberry, raspberry, cherry.
- Item #: i_278406Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS-"Flavorful and polished, this supple wine blends subtle apple and pear notes with buttery, creamy accents. It is rich in character and softly framed by fine bubbles and elegant acidity, with a hint of sweetness on the finish."
JAMES SUCKLING 90 POINTS Flavorful and polished, this supple wine blends subtle apple and pear notes with buttery, creamy accents. It is rich in character and softly framed by fine bubbles and elegant acidity, with a hint of sweetness on the finish."
- Item #: i_232290Bottle Size: 375mlJeb Dunnuck: 99 Points**Please note, this is a half sized bottleJEB DUNNUCK 99 POINTS - "Tokaji-like with its opulent apricot, honeycomb, fig, and toffee aromas and flavors, the NV La Miel 3 is a stunning dessert wine that shows an incredible sense of richness and sweetness yet stays light on its feet and flawlessly balanced. Based on Semillon and Sauvignon Blanc, brought up in plenty of new oak, there's unfortunately not much of it to go around, but it ranks with some of the greatest dessert wines out there. Bravo!"
- Item #: i_236650Bottle Size: 750mlFrom the man who brought you Prisoner, Papillon, Abstract, and Mercury Head, Dave Phinney brings us a new project that offers immense value! If you blended Cabernet Sauvignon into a Rioja, or Nero d'Avola into Barolo, or Petite Sirah in Chateauneuf-du-Pape, you cannot call those wines by the region (meaning, it's no longer a Chateauneuf-du-Pape). Therefore, Dave has named these wines "Locations" so that you simply know from which country the grapes are sourced.
California is a country unto itself, and fittingly, an appropriate addition to the Locations family. A blend of Petite Sirah, Barbera, Tempranillo, Syrah, and Grenache aged for 10 months, the wine is veiled in dark ruby red, the wine bursts with a tempting perfume of red and black fruits, dried rose petals, and a peppery note which offers some lift. Dense and ripe upon first pass, it evolves into a savory compote of raspberry, kirsch, and bitter cherry balanced out with mineral and herbal notes. The finish is substantial with tangy acidity, yet buffered with polished tannins that please the palate.
- Item #: i_239440Bottle Size: 750mlMarietta Cellars is a family owned and operated winery since its inception decades ago. Its name pays homage to Aunt Marietta, to whom founder Chris Bilbro gives credit for taking him under her wings and teaching him the important things in life-love of family, fishing, hard work and how to cook a mean minestrone! These ethics instilled in Chris were the driving factor in him working hard for decades, starting with grapes sourced from local farmers to where they are today. Chris' sons Jake and Scot have taken over the duties of working the 30 acres of vineyards and, as the winery has done for many years, Marietta Cellars continues to produce value oriented quality wines.
A blend of Zinfandel, Petite Sirah, Syrah, and "Mixed Italian Blacks", Old Vine Red is highlighted by the beauty and clarity of Zinfandel. Bright aromas of cherries and raspberries combine with dark chocolate and brambles. Fresh acidity leads into a rich mouth-feel that lasts and lasts before finishing with cleansing tannins. This wine is delicious and is wonderful on its own yet also has the complexity and density to compliment anything from chicken or pasta to short ribs.