- Item #: i_206940Bottle Size: 750mlCerro is the project from Derek Beitler, a young and talented winemaker (Bodega Rancho, Carne Humana, Skyhook), who has learned a lot about making wine from his cousin Joey Wagner of Caymus and Belle Glos, and his brother, Kurt, of Boheme.
A blend of 45% Petit Verdot, 45% Petite Sirah, and 10% Zinfandel, this opaque purplish-black colored wine has a fragrant nose of black fruits, and is very floral. The mouthfeel is rich and smooth, with soft tannins. Flavors of plums, blackberries, dark cherries and espresso.
- Item #: i_214810Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2017 Bodyguard is a sleek yet powerful blend of 60% Petit Verdot and 40% Petite Sirah, displaying both opulence and structure. This wine presents fragrant fruit aromas of blackberry, raspberry, currant and creme de cassis. Notes of cocoa, coffee, dark chocolate, licorice and sweet cherry pipe tobacco are rounded out with whispers of truffle, toffee, mocha and menthol. A juicy, fleshy palate offers bright, generous flavors of cherry, cranberry, strawberry and blueberry tinged with black raspberry and tamarind—all supported by underlying accents of dusty leather, pencil shavings, cigar box and crushed herbs. An elegantly styled and beautifully structured finish reverberates with focused energy, vibrant berry fruit and ripe, polished tannins.
- Item #: i_241030Bottle Size: 750mlJ. McClelland'S 2014 Petit Verdot is the second vintage of this often overlooked varietal and from the same Oak Knoll vineyard responsible for their multiple award winning 2013 offering. Visually, the color displays a very deep ruby hue accompanied by an intriguing translucent quality. The nose expresses great depth and complexity and notes of black berries accented with a touch of cranberry and earthy tones displaying the classic rusticity of the grape. A mouth-filling palate is a seamless continuation of the bold but elegant character of the nose displaying black fruit, sweet red plum and truffle, continuing the expression of rusticity from the nose on to the long layered finish framed by richly structured tannins.
- Item #: i_235100Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 50% Petit Verdot, 30% Merlot, and 20% Cabernet Sauvignon, this wine displays black fruit, fresh vanilla bean, tobacco leaf on the nose. Bright acidity that lifts the fresh fruit nuances on the palate, integrating well with the large yet ripe tannin profile. Good to drink now and will cellar well for the next 15-25 years.
- Item #: i_234540Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 94+ POINTS - "The 2016 First Tracks is an interesting blend of 48% Petit Verdot, 28% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 24% Syrah. It has lots of black and blue fruits as well as crushed rock-like minerality and plenty of pepper, meaty, earthy aromas and flavors. Concentrated, structured, and just a big, beefy wine, hide bottles for 3-4 years and it should evolve for over a decade."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "A blend of 48% Petit Verdot, 28% Cabernet Sauvignon and 24% Syrah aged 22 months in 57% new oak, the opaque ruby-purple colored 2016 First Tracks needs a bit of coaxing to reveal kirsch, blueberry coulis, roasted plum and red berry jam aromas with accents of nori, saline, blue flowers and granite. Full-bodied, it manages to be ultra fruity and minerally at once, powerful and powdery, fresh and long. Give this another 3-5 years in bottle."
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "Deep lurid ruby. Heady, exotic aromas of ripe black and blue fruits, incense, roasted coffee and smoky minerals, with a building vanilla note in the background. Sweet and broad on the palate, offering intense black currant, cherry-vanilla and fruitcake flavors that are braced by a core of juicy acidity. Hangs on with strong tenacity on the impressively long finish, which features dusty tannins and an echo of sappy dark fruit. 57% new French oak."
- Item #: i_249830Bottle Size: 750mlSingle barrel blend of 100% Petit Verdot, offered for the first time in over a decade • Fruit sourced from our estate Persephone Vineyard, Hebe Block, hence the fanciful name • Aged in new French oak barrels for 20 months • Rich fruit is an invitation to drink now, while chewy tannins signal the ageability of this wine Wine Facts • Single vineyard wine • Sustainably produced • Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled