- Item #: i_201010Bottle Size: 750mlBob Tillman searched for several years for the site where he could plant a truly world-class vineyard. After the family moved to the Central Coast of California and tasted the wines coming out of Paso Robles, they knew they found the right region! In 2003, Bob found this beautiful hilltop property on Adelaida Road that would become Alta Colina. All the grapes on this property are organically farmed, and the fruit is so amazing that other Central Coast producers such as McPrice Myers, Sans Liege, and Paydirt get fruit from Alta Colina.
- Item #: i_274900Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+Jeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "This was a very impressive tasting with winemaker Jordan Fiorentini and proprietor Bill Armstrong. Epoch's wines succeed in capturing all the power of which western Paso Robles is capable, but for all their structure, extract and ripe fruit, they're beautifully balanced and texturally refined, with new oak very much taking a back seat to the grapes and the vineyards. Fiorentini is clearly passionate and a perfectionist, and I'm sure Epoch is only going to go from strength to strength in coming vintages."
"A blend of 48% Viognier, 40% Grenache Blanc and 12% Roussanne, the 2017 Epoch White is further testimony to the excellence of which Paso Robles whites are capable, wafting from the glass with a fragrant bouquet of peach, white flowers and lime cordial. On the palate, it's medium-bodied, taut and concentrated, with mouthwatering acids and a long, fragrant and beautifully delineated finish. While Viognier is the largest component of the blend, it doesn't drown out the other varieties' voices."
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "(raised in a combination of concrete, oak and stainless steel vessels) Pale bright yellow. Penetrating scents of ripe citrus and pit fruits are joined by hints of chalky minerals, candied ginger and honeysuckle. Juicy and deeply concentrated but lively in the mouth, offering poached pear, peach nectar and Meyer lemon flavors that show excellent delineation and energetic back-end lift. The mineral and floral notes repeat emphatically on the incisive finish, which lingers with impressive persistence."
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "I always love the white from this estate and the 2017 White (48% Viognier, 40% Grenache Blanc, and the rest Roussanne) is another winner. White flowers, stone fruits, citrus, and a distinct salty minerality all emerge from this elegant, incredibly pure, finesse-oriented white that will keep for 3-4 years."
- Item #: i_227460Bottle Size: 750mlThis is an insane value from Curt Schalchlin; the owner and winemaker of SANS LIEGE. After several years learning from and working for some of the Central Coast's most sought-after producers, Curt decided to go his own way. The wines he puts under the Sans Liege label have received lofty praise from other winemakers and consumers, and his Groundwork label is on the way to becoming one of the best values in California's Central Coast! This bottling of Grenache Blanc comes from a variety of vineyards in Paso Robles to increase complexity.
white peach skin, river rock minerality, lychee, quince, green tea, citrus hard candy, lemongrass
- Item #: i_228130Bottle Size: 750mlGrenache Blanc excels in Halter Ranch's limestone rich soils on the Westside of Paso Robles. Reminiscent of the wines of Southern France, this Grenache Blanc has aromas and flavors of honey, white flower, melons and pear. Delicious on its own, this wine also pairs beautifully with hearty salads, prosciutto and melon, and anything from the sea.
- Item #: i_235190Bottle Size: 750mlTom Kenefick's Ranch is one of the Crown Jewels Napa Valley's Calistoga AVA. The property is located off Picket Road, next to other noteworthy vineyards such as Araujo, Kelly Fleming, and Hundred Acre. Plus, Kenefick Ranch has been a source for top-notch wineries such as Lewis, Dalla Valle, and Behrens & Hitchcock.
On the nose, nuances of Kaffir lime zest and anise. The palate consists of orange blossom, lemon meringue filling and a crisp, underlined, well-balanced structure and mouthfeel. Dr. Kenefick enjoys sipping this on his patio in the Summer.
- Item #: i_235810Bottle Size: 750mlFresh and lively, this beauty offers aromas of stone fruit, honeydew melon, balsam fir, and white rose. The mineral-laced palate pulses with flavors of Meyer lemon, quince, and botanicals, while the finish perfectly balances richness and tension. Fermented and aged for 4 months in concrete tanks.
- Item #: i_241310Bottle Size: 750MLTerre Blanche is a white Rhone blend comprised of 62% Grenache Blanc and 38% Viognier grapes grown on the Westside of Paso Robles from Paper Street and McPrice's own estate vineyard. Whole cluster pressed and cold settled in stainless steel, then fermented and aged in neutral 228-liter French oak barriques, 500L puncheons, and stainless steel. The wine went through 50% malolactic fermentation and was bottled after 12 months.
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "(raised in a combination of oak and stainless steel) Pale brilliant yellow. Penetrating citrus and orchard fruit aromas are complemented by hints of chalky minerals and succulent flowers. Juicy and deeply concentrated, offering lively, mineral-accented Meyer lemon, pear nectar and honeysuckle flavors that show excellent clarity and cut. The mineral and pear notes repeat strongly on the incisive finish, which lingers with strong, mineral-driven tenacity."
- Item #: i_275730Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90Tablas Creek was founded by the Perrin family of Chateau de Beaucastel and their importer, Robert Haas. The goal was to produce California's best examples of southern Rhône varietals and Chateauneuf-du-Pape style blends. The partners chose a 120-acre property in the hills of westside Paso Robles for its similarities to Chateauneuf-du-Pape: limestone soils, favorable climate, and rugged terrain.
Tablas Creek's "Patelin" series of wines is very unique. There are several vineyards in the Paso Robles region that were planted with cuttings sourced from Tablas Creek's own selections of budwood. Some of these vineyards had unclaimed grapes, and since the quality was high, Tablas Creek stepped in and began to produce this "hometown" bottling.
The Tablas Creek Vineyard Patelin de Tablas Blanc is a blend of six white Rhone varietals: Grenache Blanc, Viognier, Roussanne, Marsanne, and Clairette Blanche. The wine incorporates fruit from eleven top Rhone vineyards in Paso Robles, each vineyard selected for its quality. Like many white wines from the Southern Rhône, it is based on the crisp acids and rich mouthfeel of Grenache Blanc, with Viognier added for floral, tropical aromatics, and small additions of Roussanne and Marsanne for structure.
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 91 POINTS - "Pale gold. Mineral-accented orange, pear and white flowers on the perfumed nose, along with a gingery nuance that adds spicy lift. Taut citrus and orchard fruit flavors unfurl slowly and show hints of bitter quinine and anise that build slowly with air. Shows very good depth as well as energy on the finish, which echoes the mineral and citrus fruit notes."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "The 2017 Patelin de Tablas Blanc wafts from the glass with notes of rose water, preserved citrus and Provence herbs. On the palate, it's medium-bodied and flavorful, with succulent acids, a satiny texture and a pure finish. The 2017 is a blend of 44% Grenache Blanc, 29% Viognier, 12% Roussanne, 12% Marsanne and 3% Clairette Blanche. There were 4,200 cases produced, mostly from purchased fruit derived from Tablas Creek vine material."
- Item #: i_268670Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Notes: "My 2014 Grenache Blanc is my 9th release of this variety, and arguably my best to date! It is a blend of fruit from two distinctly different vineyards - Camp 4 in eastern Santa Ynez and El Camino Real in Los Olivos. Each brings something different to the blend that creates a 'whole' that is greater than the sum of its parts. Each lot was aged in older French oak barrels for 15 months prior to bottling, and each lot brought something different to the blend. The Camp 4 fruit tends to be a bit bolder and riper, bringing beautiful aromatics and body to the final blend; the El Camino Real fruit is picked earlier and brings a zingy acidic backbone and wonderful aromatics to the final blend. This is a wine that is drinking wonderfully now but will truly continue to evolve and develop for years to come."
- Item #: i_270910Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Turtle Rock is the label of Don Burns, Saxum's assistant winemaker who has spent a decade working with Justin Smith. The emphasis is on Rhône varieties from the Willow Creek District. Given their quality and pedigree, all these releases are easy to recommend."
"A blend of 63% Grenache Blanc, 28% Roussanne, 5% Picpoul and 4% Viognier, the 2016 Willow White is lovely, bursting from the glass with an expressive nose of fresh apricots, musky peach and subtle citrus, with hints of the petrol to come with a bit of bottle age. On the palate, it's medium-bodied, fresh and intense, with beautiful purity and a bright, fragrant finish."