- Item #: i_201270Bottle Size: 750mlBob Tillman searched for several years for the site where he could plant a truly world-class vineyard. After the family moved to the Central Coast of California and tasted the wines coming out of Paso Robles, they knew they found the right region! In 2003, Bob found this beautiful hilltop property on Adelaida Road that would become Alta Colina. All the grapes on this property are organically farmed, and the fruit is so amazing that other Central Coast producers such as McPrice Myers, Sans Liege, and Paydirt get fruit from Alta Colina.
- Item #: i_274930Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 98Jeb Dunnuck: 98ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 98 POINTS - "Lurid ruby. Assertive, smoke- and mineral-accented black and blue fruit preserve, exotic spice, cola, licorice and incense aromas pick up a suave floral quality as the wine opens up. Alluringly sweet and seamless in texture, offering deeply concentrated blueberry, cherry preserve, dark chocolate and violet pastille flavors that turn livelier and spicier on the back half. Deftly plays richness and power off of delicacy and finishes with remarkable clarity and just a hint of silky, integrated tannins. Drinking this wine is like watching Rosey Grier doing his needlepoint; those of a certain age will understand. (13% whole clusters; aged in a combination of 72% French oak barrels and puncheons, 32% of them new, and the rest in concrete vats)"
JEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "The Mourvedre-dominated 2016 Veracity (51% Mourvedre, 36% Grenache, and 13% Syrah) reveals a darker ruby color as well as a sensational bouquet of blackcurrants, smoked meats, ground herbs, chocolate, and earth. With full-bodied richness, no hard edges, wonderful purity of fruit, and a great finish, it's a heavenly expression of Mourvedre to drink over the coming decade or more."
- Item #: i_227430Bottle Size: 750mlThis is an insane value from Curt Schalchlin; the owner and winemaker of SANS LIEGE. After several years learning from and working for some of the Central Coast's most sought-after producers, Curt decided to go his own way. The wines he puts under the Sans Liege label have received lofty praise from other winemakers and consumers, and his Groundwork label is on the way to becoming one of the better values in California's Central Coast! This wine displays notes of black cherries, pepper crusted tri tip, mexican dark chocolate, fig, cedar, and cigar box.
- Item #: i_213430Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 93+ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 95 POINTS - "Limpid ruby. A highly complex bouquet evokes ripe, spice-accented black raspberry and cherry scents complemented by suggestions of incense and exotic flowers. Sappy and incisive on the palate, offering alluring sweet cherry, dark berry liqueur and lavender pastille flavors that pick up a smoky, energizing mineral element with aeration. Delivers impressive punch but comes off lithe, finishing with excellent, floral-dominated persistence and smooth tannins that come in late to contribute shape and gentle grip."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "Composed of 65% Mourvedre, 28% Grenache and 7% Syrah, the 2014 Panoplie has a medium garnet-purple color and a lovely perfume of red roses and lavender over a core of kirsch, red currant jelly and black cherries, with touches of baking spices and dusty earth. Medium to full-bodied with plenty of expressive red berry and earthy layers on offer, it has a firm, chewy frame and appealing freshness on the finish. 775 cases were made."
- Item #: i_257810Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94Vinous Media: 94-95Jeb Dunnuck: 91ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93-95 POINTS - "Deep lurid ruby. Ripe red and blue fruit, Moroccan spice and lavender oil aromas are enlivened by a smoky mineral quality as the wine opens up. Sappy and expansive on the palate, offering vibrant, mineral-tinged black raspberry, cola and spicecake flavors that show excellent clarity and thrust. The mineral and spice notes drive an impressively persistent finish that's given shape by smooth, slow-building tannins."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92-94 POINTS - "A barrel sample, the 2017 Esprit de Tablas is made up of 40% Mourvedre, 35% Grenache, 20% Syrah and 5% Counoise. It's pale to medium ruby with aromas of spiced cranberry sauce, red cherry preserves, warm blackberries, orange peel, blueberries and tree bark with accents of bitter chocolate, dusty earth and garrigue plus gobs of juicy red berry notions. It's light to medium-bodied with great intensity, juicy acidity, grainy tannins and a very long finish. This has great potential! 4,090 cases are expected to be produced."
JEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "Recently bottled, the 2017 Esprit De Tablas offers a Rhone-like bouquet of blackberries, garrigue, pepper, and licorice, that develop with time in the glass. Beautifully textured, with fine tannins and good acidity, it's going to benefit from 2-3 years of bottle age and keep for 10-15 years or more if you're so inclined. The blend is 40% Mourvedre, 35% Grenache, 20% Syrah, and 5% Counoise, raised mostly in foudre."