- Item #: i_205800Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "A blend of 60% Roussanne and 40% Viognier, the medium gold-colored (there's a touch of green) 2018 White has a fleshy, powerful style that carries beautiful notes of lemon oil, honeysuckle, toasted bread, crushed lime, and hints of minerality. It's a pure, rockingly textured, balanced white to enjoy with food over the coming 2-3 years."
- Item #: i_214970Bottle Size: 750mlPlanted in 1999, Denner Vineyards is a winegrowing estate on the far western border of the Paso Robles AVA. Their 156 acres press up against the Santa Lucia Range, giving the site great diversity of elevation, aspect and soil. Previously dry farmed barley, the estate is nestled into the Templeton Gap, an East/West corridor where the marine layer can reach the inland valleys. As a result they receive large diurnal temperature swings without high moisture pressure, giving us a near perfect growing climate.
The 108 acres under vine are comprised of 19 different varieties in 26 unique blocks. Each block is farmed with painstaking attention to detail, allowing only for the best possible grapes to reach the winery. Aron Nevarez, their vineyard manager, is committed to environmentally friendly farming practices, using only sustainable inputs and minimal irrigation.
The "Theresa" bottling is a full bodied blend of 50% Roussanne, 20% Grenache Blanc, 10% Vermentino, 10% Picpoul, and 10% Marsanne.
- Item #: i_234530Bottle Size: 750mlA wonderful blend of 57% Roussanne, 22% Marsanne, and 21% Clairette Blanche with notes of candied lemon zest, pineapple, and vanilla.
- Item #: i_257860Bottle Size: 500mlAn amazing late harvest Roussanne from the Santa Barbara Highlands Vineyard. Clocking in at only 9.2% alcohol, only 4 barrels of this wine were produced. This wine displays notes of creme brulee, honeysuckle, bearclaw, mandarin orange, honeyed apricot, spiced apple cider, brown butter, and a refreshing rosewater finish.
- Item #: i_276506Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "Scheduled to be released in November 2015, the 2013 White Wine Resiste is a sensational white from California that's made from 45% Roussanne, 26% Chardonnay, 14% Petite Manseng, 10% Viognier and 5% Marsanne that spent 19 months in 46% new French oak and the balance in concrete eggs and used barrels. Possessing rock-star levels of richness and texture on the palate, with full-bodied depth and power that never seems heavy or cumbersome, it has classic SQN white notes of buttered golden fruits, honeysuckle, honeycomb, toast and white flowers. Unctuous, full-flavored and still lively and fresh, it needs 2-3 years of cellaring and will keep for two decades."
- Item #: i_276507Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "Starting with the whites and a rich, thrillingly concentrated and unctuous wine from Manfred, the 2014 White Wine Lightmotif is made from 47% Roussanne, 21% Chardonnay, 14% Petite Manseng, 11% Viognier and 7% Marsanne that spent 19 months in a combination of concrete eggs, new French oak, neutral barrels and a tiny portion in stainless steel. Coming from close to equal parts Eleven Confessions, Cumulus and Bien Nacido vineyards, this beauty sports a medium gold color to go with a rich, layered profile that carries tons of ripe peach, honeycomb, pineapple, flowers and citrus. Pure, elegant and silky on the palate, with full-bodied richness, it never puts a foot wrong, is ethereally textured and has a great finish. Drink it anytime over the coming decade."
- Item #: i_276508Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97+ POINTS - "The 2015 Entre Chien et Loup is a blend of 44% Chardonnay, 40% Roussanne, 8% Petit Manseng and 8% Viognier coming 44% from Bien Nacido Vineyard, 30% from the Cumulus (Estate) Vineyard and 26% from the Eleven Confessions (Estate) Vineyard. No settling was done to the juices—they were fermented as "dirty" as possible and, as usual, they were not racked. This wine was matured for around 19 months (bottled April 12, 2017), in: 19% concrete eggs, 20% stainless steel, 20% used barrels and 41% new French oak. It opens with a positively electric nose of ripe apricots, pink grapefruit and green mango with notions of candied ginger, honeycomb, allspice and baking bread. Medium to full-bodied, the palate has a wonderfully satiny texture and incredible freshness, cutting through the dense tropical and stone fruit layers, finishing with epic length and many layers of savory and spice notions. By the way, I love the name of this wine and just wait until you see the label which, I'm happy to report, has already (somehow) been given the all-clear by the TTB. 811 cases were made. Drinking deliciously right now, it is built like a brick house and should cellar gracefully for 10-12 years+."
- Item #: i_276960Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2016 Deux Grenouilles is gorgeous. Rich and ample on the palate, with tremendous depth, the 2016 is super-distinctive. Like all Sine Qua Non whites, the Deux Grenouilles will need a few years in bottle to come into its own. Apricot pit, almond, chamomile and dried flowers are woven together in a creamy, expansive white endowed with superb textural voluptuousness. The Sine Qua Non whites are tempting to drink upon release, but I prefer them with a few years of bottle age."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2016 Deux Grenouilles White bursts with expressive aromas of apricot preserve, yellow plums, dried flowers, orange rind and Acacia honey. It's a deftly judged blend of 36% Roussanne, 29% Chardonnay, 23% Viognier, 9% Petite Manseng and 3% Muscat, and the exotic aromatic contributions of the Viognier and Muscat don't drown out the subtle expressions of the other varieties. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, fat and lavish, with considerable satiny texture, juicy acids and a sapid, even savory finish that I suspect reflects the Petite Manseng component. It's a rich and dramatic white that should drink well on release and could well be very interesting with time in the bottle. The Deux Grenouilles was produced entirely from estate fruit with the exception of Chardonnay from Bien Nacido Vineyard, and it was vinified in 26% concrete eggs, 26% used barrels and 48% new oak."
- Item #: i_262070Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97+ POINTS - "Tectumque means "shelter" in Latin. This wine was initially going to be called "Inconnue" ("unknown" in French), but that name had already been trademarked. "Naming wines is becoming impossible," mentioned Manfred. "Everything has already been taken. Even, 'No Name!'" This is a blend of 38% Roussanne, 31% Petit Manseng, 18% Chardonnay, 9% Viognier and 4% Muscat. The vineyard components are 52% Cumulus Estate, 19% Eleven Confessions Estate, 18% Bien Nacido Vineyard and 11% The Third Twin Estate. It spent around 20 months aging in 9% concrete eggs, 4% amphora, 9% used barrels and 78% new French oak puncheons."
"Just recently bottled, the 2017 Tectumque was bit closed on the nose when I first tried it, springing to life upon second tasting a month later, offering up with seducing notes of tangerine peel, tropical fruits, paraffin wax and honeycomb with a floral undercurrent—orange blossom and honeysuckle—followed by a waft of allspice. The palate is full, rich and wonderfully creamy with compelling, juxtaposing phenolic grip. (Manfred thinks this phenolic attribute comes from the tiny Petit Manseng berries with very thick skins. These berries also lend a lot of natural acidity.) Possessing a very fresh, laser-fine line of vivacity, it finishes very long and incredibly fragrant. Given the structure, intensity and nature of the flavors, I foresee this aging with all the grace of a great Chateauneuf du Pape blanc and should easily cellar for 15-20+ years. 773 cases and 324 magnum bottles were made."
- Item #: i_275640Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Jeb Dunnuck: 91 PointsTablas Creek was founded by the Perrin family of Château de Beaucastel and their importer, Robert Haas. The goal was to produce California's best examples of southern Rhône varietals and Chateauneuf-du-Pape style blends. The partners chose a 120-acre property in the hills of westside Paso Robles for its similarities to Chateauneuf-du-Pape: limestone soils, favorable climate, and rugged terrain. Tablas Creek emphasizes dry farming (no watering) to seek maximum expression from their grapes, and they farm organically. Their signature white is named Esprit de Tablas, and is modeled after the Beaucastel wines from the Rhone Valley.
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93-94 POINTS - "Light green-tinged gold. Mineral-accented tangerine, melon and pear scents on the highly perfumed nose; a floral nuance gains strength as the wine opens up. Vibrant citrus and orchard fruit flavors are joined by bitter quinine and honeysuckle flourishes that build slowly with air. Shows impressive depth as well as nerviness on the finish, which hangs on with strong, mineral-dominated persistence."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2017 Esprit Blanc de Tablas is made up of 68% Roussanne, 17% Grenache Blanc, 7% Picpoul Blanc, 4% Picardan and 4% Clairette Blanche. The nose features honey-drizzled apples, lychee, orange peel and musk with warm hay, crushed stone, quince and pie crust notions. Medium to full-bodied with intense honeyed flavors in the mouth, it has great juicy acidity to counter and a long, gently textured finish. "This is the first vintage of the Esprit de Tablas Blanc to have Clairette and Picardin," winemaker Jason Haas says, "because we wanted to include all the white grapes from Châteauneuf-du-Pape." 2,250 cases produced."
JEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Esprit De Tablas Blanc offers more richness and depth, which is largely missing from many of these wines. White peach, quince, honeysuckle, and hints of stone fruits all emerge from the glass, and it's nicely textured, medium-bodied, has good acidity, and a clean finish. The blend is 68% Roussanne, 17% Grenache Blanc, 7% Picpoul Blanc, 4% Picardan, and 4% Clairette."
- Item #: i_270460Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2017 The White Coat is a blend of Roussanne and Grenache Blanc with a smaller portion of Vermentino. It opens with hints of honeycomb, orange peel and white blossom with sliced green pear and green apple notes at the core plus a hint of wet stone. Light to medium-bodied, it has pure citrus and tree fruit flavors in the mouth with floral and yeasty notes, finishing with juicy acidity and some phenolic texture. 1,300 cases produced."