- Item #: i_205560Bottle Size: 750mlLast year, winemaker Edgar Torres brought us a couple wines that were simply amazing! This year is no different, other than the fact that he has a new wine that is really gets us excited! His latest bottling is called "Toro de Paso", a blend of Tempranillo, Grenache, and Cabernet Sauvignon. The Tempranillo and Grenache are a couple of the primary grapes in many Spanish reds, and coming from this Central Coast region, calling this wine Toro de Paso just made sense.
Offering plenty of underbrush, loamy earth, spice and mulled black fruits, the 2013 Toro de Paso is medium-bodied, nicely concentrated, with good fruit, but a firm, savory edge to its tannin. Give bottles a year in the cellar but plan on drinking by 2023. The blend in 2013 is 65% Tempranillo, 25% Grenache, 5% Cabernet, and 5% Merlot, all of which spent two years in oak.
- Item #: i_274450Bottle Size: 750mlFor Russell P. From, Paso is a place to push new frontiers in the exploration of full-force flavor. Milk and Honey is a blend of 34% Tempranillo, 25% Cabernet Sauvignon, 21% Syrah, 14% Petit Verdot, and 6% Grenache, and exposes the best of the promised land. Tempranillo was chosen as the base of this blend due to its similarity to one of Paso's new keystone varietals, Grenache, while also giving a nod to the region's stylistic similarities to Ribero del Duero. While Paso is an emerald city for some, it is also home to derelicts and grifters and ne'er–do–wells, for whom the artwork is an homage.
Russell writes his tasting notes like a story, and this one reads: "As you journey El Camino de Santiago de Compostela through the spectacular Galician countryside, you take respite in a quaint hamlet whose inhabitants welcome you with warm smiles and amazing refreshment. Beef Cecina dipped in olive oil, hearty bean stew and acorn-fed Jamon. A voluptuous local woman o.ers you the wine from the vineyard on the hillside. As you taste the paprika-spiced oak, you wonder if you could end the journey here, lost in the eyes of this dark-haired beauty. Instead, it is a cup of Cafe con Queimada and a few hours of daylight to go. The journey continues, regardless of the destination."
- Item #: i_234570Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 56% Tempranillo, 24% Grenache, and 20% Graciano, Beyond Category is a wine for collectors and enthusiasts alike, being the most stand out cuvee amongst its peers. Its distinction and finesse are noticeable with the first sip; Graciano fills the mid-palate with electricity and tension, complimenting the silken and brilliant textures of Law Estate's Tempranillo. Experience the infinite balance of violet and dark fruits, in a symphony of ample, yet silky and exceptionally well-integrated tannins. Chalk this blend up to a classic that will test your patience in not opening immediately.
- Item #: i_265810Bottle Size: 750mlIn 2003, Linne Calodo's first vintage of Slacker was born and through 2010 continued to be a portfolio staple until they totally slacked and forgot to make it again. The ethos of Slacker was always described by winemaker Matt Trevisan as, "wine representing not only the winemaker, but the idea that wines should be fun and relaxed." Forever akin to the Slacker lifestyle, they decided to bring back the Slacker name in a much more appropriate way. Now its own label, Trevisan crafted two fun blends that showcase his ability to constantly keep creating and pioneering the exciting possibilities of the Paso Robles wine region.
The Stereotype is a blend of 70% Grenache, 25% Syrah, and 5% Mourvedre. An easy drinking, Grenache forward blend that is ready for your next BBQ or potluck. This is a crowd-pleasing wine with a medium body, strawberry and raspberry flavors, and a long, gentile finish. Hints of cinnamon and anise add to the wines complexity, while light tannins give a little grip to the body. Pairs perfectly with a variety of foods including hot wings, burgers, or grilled salmon. Bring it to a party to have the favorite bottle on the table, or enjoy at home with thai take-out and a movie.
- Item #: i_268780Bottle Size: 750mlWith a gorgeous magenta hue, the bright aromas of raspberry, red plum, and blueberries are complimented by undertones of chocolate, violet and white pepper. The palate opens up to flavors of ripe pomegranate, cranberry and red cherry with hints of rose petal, tea leaves, and subtle baking spice. The finish lingers with crisp acidity and surprising tannin making this a delicate but complex alternative to heavy bodied reds.