- Item #: i_201360Bottle Size: 750mlBob Tillman searched for several years for the site where he could plant a truly world-class vineyard. After the family moved to the Central Coast of California and tasted the wines coming out of Paso Robles, they knew they found the right region! In 2003, Bob found this beautiful hilltop property on Adelaida Road that would become Alta Colina. All the grapes on this property are organically farmed, and the fruit is so amazing that other Central Coast producers such as McPrice Myers, Sans Liege, and Paydirt get fruit from Alta Colina.
- Item #: i_204680Bottle Size: 750mlFour distinctive varietals (Petite Sirah, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot), this "mysterious apparition" of ripe berry and relentless spice, returns to haunt wine lovers. Full of concentration and intensity, this wine will tease, tantalize and linger long after the last sip is gone. Wild berries and black pepper are framed by the influence of oak aging with baking spices and a hint of toasty vanilla.
- Item #: i_218830Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2016 Earthquake Petite Sirah offers the varietal's typical full-bodied tannins, but the fruit is so opulent that its tannins are a very small part of its story. A whiff of violet lures you in, but then it's all dark chocolate and summer blackberry in the mouth. Tooth-staining, yes, but this is no Zinfandel on steroids. More elegant than previous vintages, it's down right pretty.
- Item #: i_277695Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Tasting Notes: "An inviting bouquet of lightly toasted pastry frames the dark fruit characters of blackberry and olallieberry on the palate. Our gentle approach to winemaking delivers a rich and dense tannin structure that doesn't disappoint."
- Item #: i_246220Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "No one could mistake the 2016 Petite Sirah Thompson Vineyard from Jaffurs for anything but a Petite Sirah, but it's also remarkably elegant, wafting from the glass with aromas of plum preserve, tar, inky black fruits and licorice. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied and velvety, with good concentration and sappy fruit, deep and richly tannic without ever becoming overbearing."
JEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "The team at Jaffurs always makes a rocking Petite Sirah and the 2016 Petite Sirah Thompson Vineyard is no exception. Black fruits, charcoal, camphor, and graphite notes all emerge from this big, opulent, balanced red that has sweet tannin, tons of fruit and a great finish. It's a perfect steak house wine and should keep for 7-8 years, probably longer."
- Item #: i_248400Bottle Size: 750mlPetite Sirah is a revered grape varietal at Orin Swift. Since 2000, it has been made and utilized primarily as a blending component due to scarcity. Unlike its celebrated relative Syrah, Petite Sirah can be a challenge to source. Yet, it has always been an objective to showcase the varietal in a dynamic blend and a pursuit was launched to find some prized petite vineyards. The realization of this goal came in 2009 with the first release of Machete. Spurred by a favorable reaction, Orin Swift continued their hunt to include additional blocks in an effort to make the wine even better. Prominent regions throughout Northern California comprise this matrix, which provides for added layers of depth and structure. The results of which is a wine with attitude to complement the twelve individual labels.
A blend of Petite Sirah, Grenache, and Syrah, violet ink in the glass, a nose of black plums, cassis, and cacao engage. The robust entry consists of a progressing palate of blackberry and boysenberry compote, a reduction of dark plum and ripe figs, and pure Amarena cherry. Flashes of vanilla and traces of minerality evolve into chalky tannins and a smooth lingering finish.
- Item #: i_205250Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottlePetite Sirah was the most commonly planted grape in Napa Valley for nearly a century and now we are witnessing a resurgence and new appreciation for this historic hero variety! The 2016 Royal Punishers has a healthy deep, dark blue/black color profile. Aromas of plum, quince, violets, figs, molasses, graphite and marbled rye awaken the nose. The entry is viscous and weighty, then builds into a broad mid palate structure which has layers of ripe, black fruit flavors. The oak profile is balanced and the tannins are mouthwatering and medium grained which hold the fruit profile and carry a long, lingering finish.
- Item #: i_270040Bottle Size: 750mlSpellbound Petite Sirah has an intense color and generous bouquet of rich blackberries and blueberries, vanilla bean and roasted coffee, all in a remarkably approachable glass. The wine is crafted to unleash dark and luscious characteristics, while managing tannins to deliver an opulent and juicy Petite Sirah.
- Item #: i_265290Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "The 2016 Petite Sirah is made up of 79% Petite Sirah, 8% mixed Rhône varieties, 7% Grenache and 6% Syrah, aged for 12 months in 25% new American oak. Very deep purple-black in color, it opens with notes of freshly crushed black cherries and black berries with touches of plum preserves, baking spices and tar. The palate is medium to full-bodied, very firm and grainy with a lively line to lift the peppery black fruit to a long finish."
Deep and saturated with a core of blueberries, black plum, black cherry, lavender and pepper spice, this wine displays an extraordinary elegance and finesse for which our Petite Sirahs are known. The generous black plum and black cherry flavors are prominent on the palate, yet backed up with delicate cinnamon, clove and cedar spice notes from the oak ageing. There is also a freshness and vibrancy that makes it very inviting with restrained tannins and a generous lengthy finish, encouraging you to enjoy it now, but has the depth and complexity to age for many years to come.
- Item #: i_269110Bottle Size: 750MLLocated in the Rutherford AVA of Napa Valley, next to wineries such as Quintessa, proprietors Timm and Sharon Crull grow some of the best grapes in the valley. Those grapes are so fantastic that most of them have gone to blue chip names such as Duckhorn, Nickel & Nickel, and Beringer! They do keep a bit for themselves and what they make is gorgeous!
The 2016 Petite Sirah is proving to be as complex as it is rich, offering everything one loves about this varietal. The inky hue invites you into the glass with aromas of ripe blackberry, blueberry and savory bacon with a touch of baking spice and maple. The palate features rich black cherry, blackberry and red plum complimented by dark chocolate with hints of espresso and spice. This full bodied wine is highlighted by balanced mouth-coating tannin, and bright acidity with a finish that lingers. Drink now or cellar for 8-12 years.