- Item #: i_207840Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 93% Cabernet Franc and 7% Petit Verdot, this wine has a dark garnet core, with brilliant clarity in the glass. Intense, effusively luscious flavors of ripe red berries with caramelised notes of fig, cherry, and plum, elegantly woven together in barrel. Long-finishing and tannically vivid, yet with a remarkably soft palate.
- Item #: i_200420Bottle Size: 750mlThis is only the third release of Le Boucher; a tribute to David Long's father, Donald Long. A blend of 67% Cabernet Franc, 16% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot, and 8% Petit Verdot aged in French oak, of which 84% was new. A deep ruby red color offers aromas of baked cherry, plum and pomegranate; followed by subtle earth tones of cherry wood, toasted oak and bay laurel as well as violet like floral notes. The palate is expansive yet finessed with fine grain tannins and mild acidity while long and persistent. Flavors of boysenberry, cherry and toffee carry a long finish. A deft and precise wine with evolving layers to be best from 2019 to 2029. Only 143 cases were produced!
- Item #: i_216360Bottle Size: 750mlMedium intensity with cranberry, raspberry, dark cherry, and slight toastiness from oak. Soft earthy tannins are balanced perfectly with vibrant acidity. The combination of European and American oak adds layers of spicy flavors.
- Item #: i_231930Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleThe red berry characteristics of the vinifera grape Cabernet Franc translate as an Icewine into strawberry like aromas and flavours. This Icewine is completely different from the white Icewines. The colour comes from pressing only as there is no skin contact during fermentation. The earlier it is harvested, the darker the colour and the deeper the flavours.
- Item #: i_232200Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "This was an incredible tasting with winemaker Matt Dees. This estate continues to produce some of the most impressive, long-lived wines in Santa Barbara."
"The inky colored 2009 El Alma de Jonata, which was made from 70% Cabernet Franc, 20% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Merlot and 1% Petit Verdot, is no less impressive, exhibiting rich, full notes of cigar, chocolate, tobacco leaf and crushed rock notes to go with a massively built, structured profile on the palate. Very full-bodied and one big wine, it can be enjoyed now or cellared for a decade. Drink now-2023."
- Item #: i_232250Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 95ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "The 2017 El Alma de Jonata, the estate's Cabernet Franc-based wine, is bright, aromatically explosive and just striking in its beauty. Bright red fruit, blood orange, menthol and plum race out of the glass in a wine endowed with tremendous energy, tension and pure class. Medium in body, with tremendous aromatic intensity and drive, the Alma is positively striking. The 2017 is one of the very finest editions I can remember tasting. In a word: dazzling."
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "The 300 case 2017 El Alma De Jonata is the Cabernet Franc-dominated cuvee, a blend of 86% Cabernet Franc, 14% Cabernet Sauvignon. Bright cherry, blackberry, ground herbs, lead pencil, and crushed violet notes all emerge from the glass, and this beauty is incredibly seamless, pure, and polished on the palate. With ultra-fine tannins, a great mid-palate, and plenty of structure, it's a more fresh, focused, classic example of this cuvee. Hide bottles for 4-5 years and enjoy over the following two decades."
- Item #: i_235140Bottle Size: 750mlIn the heart of Napa Valley's Calistoga region lies a property that amazes both the sightseer, and the winemaker. Tom Kenefick's vineyard has been the source for many high-scoring wines from Lewis, Behren's and Hitchcock, and Cade.
Aged for 18 months in 65% new French oak, this wine has bright briary fruit nuance, dried cherry notes, and Baker's Chocolate greet the nose. Softly rounded tannins, underlined by cassis, and hints of creme brulee. Good to drink now but is a contender for cellaring 10 to 15 years.
- Item #: i_236560Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 95This Cabernet Franc wine comes from an exceptional little vineyard planted in 1976 next to La Jota's century-old stone winery on Howell Mountain. Grafted onto resistant St. George rootstock, it escaped the ravages of phylloxera to become one of the oldest Cabernet Franc vineyards in Napa County. The old vines self-regulate so there's no need to thin crop, pull leaves, or in any other way adjust the grape-to-canopy ratio. Year after year, the grapes are intensely flavored and beautifully balanced. Not many wineries produce Cabernet Franc and this wine definitely captures the essence of La Jota terroir.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Franc Howell Mountain is very deep purple-black colored and gives expressive black cherries, kirsch, warm blackberries and boysenberry scents with touches of sawdust, red roses, camphor and cinnamon stick plus a waft of stewed tea. Full-bodied, the palate reveals a lot of depth with tons of red and black fruit layers and savory accents, framed by ripe, firm, grainy tannins, finishing with a refreshing lift and some mineral notions coming through."
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "Lastly, the 2017 Cabernet Franc comes from three separate parcels and is 100% Cabernet Franc aged in 92% new French oak. It's an awesome bottle of wine with classic Franc black tea and forest floor notes as well as perfumed black raspberry fruits, lots of floral and bay leaf hints, medium to full body, fine tannins, and a terrific sense of elegance. It's a classy wine to enjoy any time over the coming 15-20 years."
- Item #: i_237020Bottle Size: 750MLJohn & Tracey Skupney's 214 Cabernet Franc (named after the specific clone used in the wine) is viewed as a 'Vin de Garde', or a wine to age, meaning that with proper cellaring the wine will display additional complexities and nuance.
This is the seventh vintage of Lang & Reed "Two-Fourteen" Cabernet Franc, which displays a brilliant crimson color with a typical, youthful violet-blue edge. The aroma distills white and red cherry with an ethereal "sous bois" (or forest floor) impression. On the palate, this wine possesses bright and pure Cabernet Franc flavors of firm black cherry, cassis and graphite, which are expansive and made mouthwatering by ample fresh fruit acidity. The finish is supported by solid, but not oppressive, tannins, which have flavor elements that provide memorable length. This is a fresh and exacting expression of Cabernet Franc, attributed to the 214 clone, that will serve well now or gain in complexity with additional bottle age.
- Item #: i_245360Bottle Size: 750mlA single barrel bottling of 100% Cabernet Franc crafted by legendary winemaker Luc Morlet • Fruit comes exclusively from the renowned Oakville Bench in the heart of the Napa Valley • Natural fermentation occurred in a highly soughtafter Darnajou Puncheon French oak barrel • The strong personality of this 2014 amazes now and will gain incredible complexity for 35-plus years Wine Facts • Wine is unfiltered • Single vineyard wine • Sustainably produced
- Item #: i_247600Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ENTHUSIAST - Vanilla bean, blackberry and bramble berry aromas are teased by star anise on the nose. The smooth palate is juicy with acidity and flavors of cranberry, raspberry and plum. Crushed velvet tannins add depth along with flavors of kitchen herbs, a sprinkle of pepper and a drop of vanilla. Baking spice appears on the finish ending on a savory note with red plum.
- Item #: i_222830Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 95JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "The Bordeaux side of the Parabellum series, the 2017 Parabellum Alluvio is based on 60% Cabernet Franc, 33% Cabernet Sauvignon, and the final 7% Petit Verdot. This deep ruby/plum-hued effort offers lots of chocolate laced red and black fruits, smoked earth, tobacco leaf, and truffle notes. Full-bodied, rich, and nicely textured, it has some background oak that should integrate with 3-4 years of bottle age, and it's going to have a 15-year or longer drink window."
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "Bright saturated ruby. Pungent Cabernet Franc high notes of violet and tropical bitter chocolate lift black fruits and graphite on the nose. Thick and plush but also sappy on the palate; a very rich but classically dry, ripe style with terrific density and good mineral definition to its black cherry, cassis and blackberry fruit flavors. But still quite youthful and primary, and a touch inky toward the back. Finishes with serious dusty but fairly fine tannins, juicy slow-mounting length and surprising grip. The wine's dominant Cabernet Franc component really expresses itself here."
- Item #: i_321812Bottle Size: 750mlThis sparkling rosé of cab franc has aromatics of lemon blossoms and strawberry, the palate shows lovely minerality and fine bubbles, with underripe strawberry, peach, and orange peel, with a lingering bright grapefruit on the finish.
- Item #: i_270980Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98ROBERT PARKER 98 POINTS - "This winery, one of the gems of the Kendall-Jackson portfolio of boutique wineries, debuted in 1998 and has been hitting on all cylinders since. I suspect top priority is given to Bordelais winemaker Pierre Seillan's choice of the finest fruit he can find from Jackson's holdings in Alexander Valley, Chalk Hill and Knights Valley."
"The 2014 Le Desir (53% Cabernet Franc, 21% Merlot, 21% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Malbec) has an inky purple color and a sweet kiss of chocolate, black truffle, forest floor, black raspberry and black currants. Opulent, but again structured and super-dense and pure, this is another massively concentrated wine meant for the long haul (and for our grandchildren). Give it 4-6 years of cellaring and drink it over the following 35-40 years. Remarkably, Pierre Seillan told me that 2014, while a drought year, was not actually that hot in the micro-terroirs he was working, but in terms of quality, it turned out to be the most surprisingly positive vintage he’s ever witnessed."
- Item #: i_270800Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 99Jeb Dunnuck: 99 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 99 POINTS - "The 2016 Le Desir checks in as 82% Cabernet Franc, 12% Merlot, and 6% Malbec. Readers looking for world-class Cabernet Franc should beg, borrow, or steal to get hold of a bottle of this. Incredible floral, violet, forest floor, lead pencil, and cassis notes all flow to a medium to full-bodied red that's flawlessly balanced, has ultra-fine tannins, and a finish that won't quit. More intellectual and elegant than the La Joie, it's still a wine of incredible intensity and class that builds incrementally on the palate, has an exotic, singular character, and the class to evolve for 30 years or more."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 99 POINTS - "Composed of 82% Cabernet Franc, 12% Merlot and 6% Malbec, the very deep purple-black colored 2016 Le Desir is a little closed to begin, opening out to reveal absolutely stunning scents of potpourri, roses and orange peel over a core of crushed blackcurrants, black cherries and dark chocolate with touches of cinnamon stick and cloves plus a waft of forest floor. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is exquisitely delicate and refined, with super ripe, fine-grained tannins and wonderful freshness, finishing with epic persistence. 3,500 cases produced."