- Item #: i_220150Bottle Size: 750mlThis bottling is sourced entirely from Flowers' organic and biodynamically farmed Camp Meeting Ridge Estate Vineyard. Planted in 1991, these "older" vines are producing some of their most exciting and interesting Chardonnays today. Given the extremes of this site, each small block ripens at its own pace.
With a brilliant golden hue, lively aromas of lemon verbena, lime zest, honey suckle, chamomile, and citrus blossom dominate the distinctive nose. The palate is precise and focused, driven by mouthwatering acidity and framed by flinty, coastal minerality – a vivid expression of Flowers' Estate vineyard.
- Item #: i_228560Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Notes: "The complex aromas of dried cherry, blackberry bramble, orange peel, cherry tobacco, cedar, sandalwood, cardamom, pink peppercorn and forest floor give a decidedly autumn impression. Amazingly silky across the palate with sweet red fruits on the mid-palate, plenty of fine textured tannins and a long toasty finish. This is one of the most elegant and approachable Hanzell Vineyards Pinot Noirs in recent memory."
- Item #: i_245580Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Vinous Media: 95The wines from Luc and Jodie Morlet have gained a feverish following here at Hi-Time. While their Cabernets and Chardonnays have garnered the limelight and were featured on our “Top Wine” lists in the past, this year it is one of their Pinot Noirs that has us salivating! Coming from a small vineyard in the Fort Ross-Seaview AVA on the Sonoma Coast, this property sits at 1,100 feet in elevation, and is on just the second ridge from the Pacific Ocean. The vineyard is above the fog line and enjoys long, sunny days, yet temps remain cool throughout most of the growing season. This gives the vines time to produce perfectly mature and ripe grapes, and Luc Morlet sorts the fruit berry-by-berry when they reach the winery, ensuring that only the best make it into the finished wine.
ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "Things seem quite busy at Morlet Family Vineyards. Luc and Jodie Morlet are developing an additional 3.5 acres of land at their estate vineyard in St. Helena. Last year, the Morlets planted a new vineyard in the heart of Oakville, so there will be a greater focus on estate fruit in the future, once those newly planted vineyards come on line. Stylistically, the wines offer plenty of textural richness and opulence, as they always have. At the same time, I see a bit more freshness in these wines than was common just a few years ago."
"The 2014 Pinot Noir En Famillle is powerful and intense, but also linear. All the signatures of this site come through nicely, but also amped up with quite a bit of structural underpinning. Darker tonalities of red stone, saltiness, wild flowers and exotic spices lead into the finish. The bright acids and overall structure here are quite appealing."
ROBERT PARKER 94 POINTS - "The 2014 Pinot Noir En Famille has a more saturated color than the Coteaux Nobles. It offers up notes of black cherries, loamy soil, kirsch liqueur, Asian spice and a floral element. The wine is an outstanding, beautifully fresh Pinot Noir with plenty of black raspberry and kirsch liqueur-like notes. Drink it over the next decade."
- Item #: i_238930Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2014 Liar’s Dice is as juicy as ever! The soft tannins invite ripe, yet fresh flavors of black raspberry, black cherry, and blackberry jam. This is created to be a second glass Zin! If you have one, you are certain to have a second. Baby back pork ribs, slow smoked for hours, are always a hit with the Liar’s Dice Zin, although it’s hard not to have a winning pair with just about anything coming off the grill or smoker.
- Item #: i_252700Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 96JEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "A step up, the 2014 Syrah Rodgers Creek Vineyard is a blockbuster effort that reminds me of a good vintage of the Cote Rotie La Mouline from Guigal. Awesome notes of incense, lavender, bacon fat, and spring flowers gives way to a full-bodied, voluptuous Syrah that has a sexy, seamless texture, sweet tannin, and a big finish. This cuvee saw 10% Viognier and is an exotic, intense, superstar of a Syrah readers should snatch up. 587 cases."
- Item #: i_270700Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97+ROBERT PARKER 97+ POINTS - "This winery, one of the gems of the Kendall-Jackson portfolio of boutique wineries, debuted in 1998 and has been hitting on all cylinders since. I suspect top priority is given to Bordelais winemaker Pierre Seillan's choice of the finest fruit he can find from Jackson's holdings in Alexander Valley, Chalk Hill and Knights Valley."
"The 2014 La Joie has a spicy black purple color and a big, sweet kiss of camphor, black truffle, pen ink, blackcurrants and unsmoked cigar tobacco, followed by layers of fruit and glycerin in an opulent, beautifully savory, pure and multidimensional wine. The final blend Seillan produced in 2014 was 78% Cabernet Sauvignon, 13% Merlot, 7% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot. This is a compellingly great effort once again. It should be given 2-5 years of bottle age, then drunk over the following three decades."
- Item #: i_270980Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98ROBERT PARKER 98 POINTS - "This winery, one of the gems of the Kendall-Jackson portfolio of boutique wineries, debuted in 1998 and has been hitting on all cylinders since. I suspect top priority is given to Bordelais winemaker Pierre Seillan's choice of the finest fruit he can find from Jackson's holdings in Alexander Valley, Chalk Hill and Knights Valley."
"The 2014 Le Desir (53% Cabernet Franc, 21% Merlot, 21% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Malbec) has an inky purple color and a sweet kiss of chocolate, black truffle, forest floor, black raspberry and black currants. Opulent, but again structured and super-dense and pure, this is another massively concentrated wine meant for the long haul (and for our grandchildren). Give it 4-6 years of cellaring and drink it over the following 35-40 years. Remarkably, Pierre Seillan told me that 2014, while a drought year, was not actually that hot in the micro-terroirs he was working, but in terms of quality, it turned out to be the most surprisingly positive vintage he’s ever witnessed."