- Item #: i_275628Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES - "The lovely, pale pink A to Z Bubbles invite with juicy, ripe fruit aromas. Notes of strawberry, raspberry, watermelon, cherry, white peach, nectarine and apricot are joined by white flowers and a hint of creaminess. The bubbles dance on the tongue with mouth-watering acidity that leaves one wanting more.
Primarily Pinot Noir with a bit of Chardonnay (10%), the fruit was left in contact with the skins to get the perfect color, a traditional, natural technique preferable to blending back red wine. Several different aromatic and Rosé yeasts were used during fermentation in 100% stainless steel for freshness."
- Item #: i_216120Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 91**Please note, this is a half sized bottleDrouhin's Chardonnay Arthur is produced from 100% Dijon clones, grown on the Drouhin Family Estate in the Dundee Hills of Oregon. First planted in 1990, the low yields of these vines and their early ripening ability have been a perfect match for the climate and soils. Arthur, named for Veronique's son, is a wine that captures the bright, crisp acidity and mineral character of the vineyard, balanced with richness and lovely length.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Estate Arthur has a lovely open nose of red apple skin and yellow pear with nuances of tangy Greek yogurt, toast and lemon pith. Light to medium-bodied, it has good concentration of tree fruits in the mouth with touches of honey and white blossoms with great juicy acidity, finishing long with a touch of texture. 3,375 cases produced."
- Item #: i_216030Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 94 POINTS - "General Manager David Millman, who has been with DDO since 2004, told me that 2016 was a vintage that played handily into the winery’s style, a harvest that gave 'wines that show a lot of fresh fruit upfront but that have the structure to age and gain complexity for a decade or more.' Indeed, the DDO wines are among Willamette Valley's most ageworthy Pinots. They are made by Veronique Drouhin and Aaron Bell who has been here since 2002 and has served as assistant winemaker since 2009."
"Deep, glistening red. Vibrant black raspberry, cherry liqueur and rose oil scents, along with hints of dusty minerals, mocha and baking spices. Juicy, seamless and energetic on the palate, offering appealingly sweet dark berry and floral pastille flavors that fan out steadily and turn spicier with air. Smooth, even tannins lend shape to the impressively persistent finish, which shows strong, floral- and spice-driven tenacity."
- Item #: i_216350Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 93JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "This is an earthy and attractive wine that has a deeply spicy red-cherry thread that offers a bright and more centrally focused palate than many other pinots from Serene, making for immediate appeal. Drink now."
Extremely expressive, the 2016 Yamhill Cuvee Pinot Noir offers an alluring nose rich with aromas of cocoa and clove. The palate is bursting with an intense patchwork of marionberry, black currant, and blueberry flavors. Polished and plush, its seamlessly integrated and silky tannins lead to a long, lingering finish. An exceptionally appealing wine, its complexity leaves you thirsty for more.
- Item #: i_218880Bottle Size: 750mlElk Cove's Chardonnay is hand picked then gently whole-cluster pressed to avoid bitterness. The juice is fermented in large puncheons and a mix of neutral and new oak barrels. They age in barrel for a full 12 months with some stirring on the lees after malolactic fermentation. This is their classic take on Chardonnay, one of the original varietals they planted in 1974 and grew for over 20 years.
A fruity nose sets the stage with lemon meringue, baked pineapple and wafts of almond cookie and creme brulee. Generous yet streamlined, this wine has a rich, creamy mouthfeel of quince and toasted coconut accented by fresh lemon peel and baking spice.
- Item #: i_218970Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2016 Pinot Noir la Boheme is pale to medium ruby-purple in color with a great open nose of warm black cherries and blackcurrant with touches of cardamom, cinnamon stick, dried leaves and forest floor. Light to medium-bodied, it fills the mouth with warm, spice-laced black fruits, framed with firm, fine-grained tannins and mouthwatering acidity, finishing long with earth and spicy accents. 700 cases produced."
- Item #: i_222500Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+The Gran Moraine vineyard was planted in 2005 to several different Dijon clones. Located five miles west of the town of Carlton this site is one of the more westerly vineyards in the Yamhill-Carlton AVA and therefore subject to the cooling afternoon breezes that roll off the Pacific. A variety of slopes, aspects, row direction, and plant material offer a wide diversity of blocks to choose from when blending this Yamhill-Carlton Chardonnay.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Yamhill-Carlton has a lovely open nose of spiced apples, acacia honey, lemon cream, toast and dried white flowers. Medium-bodied with a great creamy texture, it fills the mouth with layers of honey toast, cream, ripe orchard fruits and spice, with great mouthwatering acidity and a long floral finish. 2,130 cases produced."
- Item #: i_228500Bottle Size: 750mlAs a fifteen-year veteran of the Oregon wine industry, Drew Voit is intimately familiar with exceptional vineyard sites. While serving as the Associate Winemaker at Domaine Serene Winery, and then as Winemaker for Shea Wine Cellars, he worked with some of the best vineyards in the Willamette Valley. Harper Voit is the logical progression of that work: seeking out great sites, excellent fruit, and long-term relationships with growers.
- Item #: i_270590Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94Nicolas-Jay is a Pinot Noir winery located in the heart of Oregon's Willamette Valley. Celebrated Burgundian winemaker, Jean-Nicolas Meo of Domaine Meo-Camuzet, and renowned music and media entrepreneur, Jay Boberg, lend their individual talents and shared dedication to the winery, where traditional French winemaking meets Oregonian terroir.
The fruit for this wine is sourced from several distinctive AVA's in the Willamette Valley, ensuring optimal blending potential and representation of the diversity of Pinot Noir in the appellation. Unique sites include vineyards located in the high-elevation Eola-Amity Hills, the foothills of the cool coastal range in the McMinnville AVA, the warm red-soiled vineyards of the Dundee Hills and their expressive Bishop Creek Vineyard in the Yamhill-Carlton AVA. This wine is sourced almost exclusively from biodynamic, organic and LIVE certified vineyards.
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Precise, deeply structured yet graceful, with expressive black cherry, river stone and black tea accents that build richness toward refined tannins. Drink now through 2024. 3,000 cases made."
- Item #: i_259920Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90Wine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Supple and elegantly complex, with silky cherry and blueberry favors, laced with black tea and spice notes that linger on the finish. Drink now through 2028. 4,027 cases made."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "Medium ruby-purple, the 2016 Pinot Noir Shea Vineyard has a nose of cranberry sauce and sliced blueberries over cinnamon stick and clove suggestions plus hints of potpourri and tilled earth. Medium-bodied, it has wonderful intensity of fruit in the mouth with juicy acidity and grainy tannins, finishing long and spicy. 4,027 cases produced."
- Item #: i_261620Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "A blend of barrels sourced from Sineann's impressive single vineyard program, this offers ripe plum and black cherry fruit in a smooth, supple package. Its polished tannins fill out the finish, adding a light hint of chocolate."
The wine is very dark, aromatic and has great natural acidity. At this stage of development, most of its character is in a long, long finish - a good sign for the future of the wine!
- Item #: i_275500Bottle Size: 750mlThe Freedom Hill Dijon clone Chardonnays are Meursault-like: darker fruit with a stony minerality and rich textures in the mouth. Winemaker Mark Vlossak struggled with the specific style for Freedom Hill Chardonnay until his visit to Burgundy and Chablis in 2003. There he tasted a grand cru Chablis fermented entirely in used barrels. St. Innocent's Chardonnay is now fermented in the same manner. Mark finally feels that he has captured the terroir of Freedom Hill . After settling, pure juice (no SO2) was barrel fermented with indigenous yeasts. The wine finished malolactic fermentation (wild) and was aged sur lees for eleven months entirely in used French oak barrels. It is unfined and lightly filtered before bottling.
This Chardonnay has seductive aromas of yellow peach, mango and peach preserves with hints of cinnamon stick and white pepper. Embracing your entire pallet with bright yellow fruit, fresh acidity, and Buttercup. This wine has a racy richness clearly differentiating it from "normal" Chardonnays. Impeccably balanced with the warmer fruit and floral notes persisting long into the finish. It would be a great match for fish tacos with mango salsa, grilled tuna pasta or pizza margherita. As lovely as it is now, it can be enjoyed over the next 8 years.
- Item #: i_266470Bottle Size: 750mlStoller's Reserve Chardonnay is a blend of their oldest Dijon vines on the property, which were planted in 1995. Whole cluster pressed to mitigate phenolics, this wine was barrel fermented. This wine aged in French oak for 11-months before spending another 6-months in stainless steel. Expressing aromatics of lemon curd, brioche and flint, the palate meets the nose with a citrus vibrancy and reveals a luxurious mouthfeel due to extended lees contact and balanced use of oak.
- Item #: i_276646Bottle Size: 750MLJust as their Pinot Gris is something to write about, their Pinot Noir is a show stopper! Torii Mor (Torii meaning "ornate gates" and Mor meaning "earth") has long been one of our favorite domestic Pinot Noir producers. With production slightly above 1,000 cases, they are able to keep superior quality control of the wine from vine to bottling.
The 2016 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir has toasty oak and dark cherry notes, with touches of vanilla and spices. There are also notes of dark berries and vanilla-spice all the way through. The flavors are carried with good tannins, and a rich mouthfeel, with a dry touch. Enjoy now with decanting or bottle age for a truly delicious and spectacular wine.