- Item #: i_208040Bottle Size: 750MLCADE is owned by the same owners as Plumpjack... and in their typical fashion, they would never be "happy enough" to make a "good" Sauvignon Blanc: CADE only wants to make outstanding Sauvignon Blanc! In order to do this, they ferment their grapes in a combination of stainless steel tanks, stainless steel drums, French oak and concrete eggs. In addition, a combination of native and cultured yeasts are used, and the culmination of all this helps to give the wine aromatic and textural complexity.
Fermentation was carried out in a combination of stainless steel tanks and drums (68%), new French oak barrels (10%), neutral French Oak barrels (22%), with the balance fermented in concrete eggs (1%). Twelve different strains of yeast were used to ferment the juice. CADE's 2019 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc has aromas of orange blossom, pineapple, grapefruit, lemon, lime, yellow apple, and stone fruits. On the palate are notes of tangerine, white peach, lychee, citrus, banana, lemon zest, and grapefruit. The wine has a vibrant acidity, minerality, and a touch of creaminess on the finish. By fermenting the wine in stainless steel, French oak, and concrete, we are building layers of complexity in the wine. The barrel fermentations add texture, density, and viscosity to the midpalate of the wine. The concrete adds a touch of flint and minerality to the finish as well as adding some mid-palate richness. The stainless steel fermentations preserve the natural Sauvignon Blanc aromatics and the vibrant acidity and crispness.
- Item #: i_222280Bottle Size: 750MLFontanella Family's 2019 Chardonnay delivers the heft and beautiful fruit that consistently make this the Chardonnay for red wine-lovers! Meyer Lemon zest and pineapple on the nose invite you into a round mouthfeel packed with honeysuckle, baked apples and cinnamon, toasted marshmallow, and lemon meringue – all balanced with the trademark Mt. Veeder minerality and crisp acidity that cleanse and refresh your palate after each sip.
- Item #: i_223730Bottle Size: 750mlThe wine opens with aromas of honeydew melon, mandarin, lemongrass, and peach. The palate is fresh and vibrant with flavors of cantaloupe, apricot, tangerine and white floral notes. The finish has plenty of minerality and viscosity which makes it great on its own or paired with a variety of fresh, seasonal spring and summer dishes.
- Item #: i_227380Bottle Size: 750MLGroth's Sauvignon Blanc is produced from grapes grown in various microclimates of the Napa Valley. The warmer areas gives grapes with melon and citrus characteristics in both aroma and flavor. The cooler areas of Napa Valley provide fruit with a solid, crisp backbone that gives the wine an exciting liveliness and balances the rich creaminess from "sur lie" aging. The Semillon is grown on the Groth Oakville Estate vineyard and is harvested with the Estate Sauvignon Blanc, contributing roundness and weight to the mouthfeel.
- Item #: i_230740Bottle Size: 750MLKristin Belair decided on her winemaking career while attending UC Davis; why choose one career when winemaking essentially gives you several! With Enology degree in hand, Kristin spent two harvests at Trefethen learning about small-winery operations, then accepted her first full winemaking position in 1985 at the winery now known as Turnbull! Since 1998, she has been the winemaker at Honig, and has never looked back! Honig's sustainably-farmed vineyards have won numerous awards and accolades for both their reds and whites. Fermented and aged in mostly stainless steel with a small percentage of neutral oak, zippy acidity lends a crisp freshness to the tropical flavors of mango, kiwi, lemongrass & freshly squeezed grapefruit. Juicy and refreshing, with aromas of honeysuckle, peach, and grapefruit rind. Medium bodied, with a smooth, minerally finish.
- Item #: i_237430Bottle Size: 750mlStrewn with silky ripe stone fruit and river rock minerality, Lewis Cellars' 2019 Napa Chardonnay is complex and compelling. Opening with green pear and yellow peach, creamy flan flavors float across the palate with flecks of gardenia and gun metal, carrying through with drive and detail to a sumptuous finish.
- Item #: i_246730Bottle Size: 750mlTruchard Vineyard lies in the heart of Carneros, prized for its rolling hills, sun exposure and cool, breezy conditions that allow long, even ripening. Nickel and Nickel makes wine from eight select sections of this 270-acre vineyard, composed of volcanic ash and rock with a southwestern exposure. The growing season tends to be long in this cooler area, allowing for fully mature fruit at harvest.
The 2019 Truchard Chardonnay is a beautiful marriage of youthful vibrance and refined elegance. Gorgeous aromas of tropical fruits, citrus and wet stone leap from the glass with the very first swirl. The same tropical and citrus notes follow on the palate, with pear, peach blossoms, and a touch of spice to round out the flavor profile. This wine is weighty, with an oily-textured component that is inherent to the vineyard. A harmonious mix of acidity and volume, this wine is full and fresh.
- Item #: i_249800Bottle Size: 750mlComing from Peju's sustainably-farmed Persehone Vineyard, this aromatic and crisp Sauvignon Blanc has a lovely nose of pineapple, white peach and orange blossom. The palate is bright with notes of apricot, tangerine and nectarine. Balanced with refreshing acidity, Peju's 2019 Sauvignon Blanc concludes with a fresh, clean finish.
- Item #: i_277420Bottle Size: 750mlAged for 10 months in French oak barrels (of which 51% were new), an alluring perfume of mango and fresh garnedia with whispers of candied citrus rind and spices open onto a round, full palate layered with fresh citrus and stone fruit flavors. Bright acidity provides structure and a mouthwatering juiciness and the finish has a captivating briny minerality that will make it a delight with fish, oysters, and seafood.
- Item #: i_264450Bottle Size: 750mlThis is a well-balanced and refreshing Sauvignon Blanc with pale yellow hues sparked by hints of green. Expressive aromas of passion fruit, pink grapefruit and lime are rich and enticing with a touch of caper. On the palate, flavors of grapefruit and lime zest come together with passion fruit to create an intense and delicious wine.
- Item #: i_265295Bottle Size: 750mlThis Chardonnay is a story of balance, a delicious intersection of richness and minerality that benefits from the classical standard of viticulture, care of the land, and winemaking that is as relevant today as it was in 1893 when Stags' Leap Winery celebrated its first vintage.
- Item #: i_277092Bottle Size: 3LWine Advocate: 923 Liter - A blend of Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah, Syrah, and Charbono aged in a combination of French and American oak barrels, of which 30% were new. The 2019 Prisoner features enticing aromas of Bing cherry, dark chocolate, clove, and roasted fig. Persistent flavors of ripe raspberry, boysenberry, pomegranate, and vanilla linger harmoniously for a smooth and luscious finish.
- Item #: i_269790Bottle Size: 750mlFresh and fragrant the distinct floral aromas of jasmine and geranium are integrated with ripe white peach. On the palate delightful acidity and minerality prevail with classic Trefethen Riesling flavors of lime, peach and a touch of refreshing kiwi and melon. A lingering essence of grapefruit gives this wine a lively finish.
- Item #: i_270300Bottle Size: 750mlAromatics of grapefruit, guava and melon. Exhibiting lively citrus notes with zest of Meyer Lemon with bright, focused fruit flavors balanced with minerality. Crisp and lively, with medium body and a focused finish.
- Item #: i_275433Bottle Size: 750MLSauvignon Blanc is among the world's most popular white wine varietals, with strikingly different expressions in California than the wines produced in Sancerre or New Zealand. The telltale signature of Twomey Sauvignon Blanc is its bright tropical fruit expression and fresh mineral character.