- Item #: i_200170Bottle Size: 750mlGrapes were sourced from vineyards throughout Washington state, including the Horse Heaven Hills, Columbia Valley and the Wahluke Slope. Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Syrah & Petit Verdot were added to create a fruit-forward profile and enhanced mouth feel. The wine was aged for 12 months in a combination of American and French oak barrels to build structure and complexity in the blend. This Cabernet Sauvignon is a rich, juicy red that features aromas of dark cherry, black currants, coffee, and subtle hints of spice. These flavors are complemented by a touch of spicy oak and emphasized by refined tannins.
- Item #: i_200175Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleA blend of predominately Merlot and Syrah with seven other varietals in smaller quantities, this polished red wine offers aromas of cherry, red currant and tea. Flavors of cherries, ripe berries and plums, supported by a frame of refined tannins, give way to subtle notes of baking spice on a persistent finish.
- Item #: i_202500Bottle Size: 750mlInky red, almost black in color, this classic Cabernet Sauvignon is heavily concentrated with ripe cherry aromas and black fruit flavors, backed by vanilla oak notes. Layered with texture that belies its silky smooth tannins, this wine's perfectly balanced alcohol and bright, clean acidity make it a perfect companion for red meat and savory dishes.
- Item #: i_276240Bottle Size: 750mlJust like the flavorful and refreshing Rieslings grown in Germany, these grapes are grown on steep cliffs, next to a river (in this case, the Columbia River). A cooler site due to river influence, the soils are composed of fragmented basalt, gravel, silt, and caliche deposited during ice age floods. This site produces fruit with sublime mineral character and the acid balance that winemakers dream of. Aromatic, smooth, vibrant and tasty, this gem shows tangerine, pineapple, wet stone, key lime, clove and nectarine. This Kungfu Girl kicks some serious butt for the money!
- Item #: i_276200Bottle Size: 750mlThis little devil is wrapped in a velvet robe. Full with density and bursting with flavor. Dark fruit, cherry, blackberry. Brimming with cedar, pipe tobacco and earth. Truth in a name: Velvet!
- Item #: i_257570Bottle Size: 750mlCold Creek’s 40-year-old vines deliver a big, bold, brooding Merlot. This rich Merlot is loaded with plum, cherry and dark fruit flavors with hints of dark chocolate and coffee. This is our most intense and concentrated Merlot with great ageability.
- Item #: i_216270Bottle Size: 750mlChateau Ste. Michelle Cold Creek Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2016 from Columbia Valley, Washington - Cabernet from this iconic 45-year-old vineyard consistently delivers power, structure and rich concentrated black fruit.
- Item #: i_264010Bottle Size: 750mlThis Chardonnay delivers an appealing tropical fruit character from warmer sites. Its ripe pineapple and butterscotch flavors and rich, creamy texture. Try it with scallops, scampi or pasta with rich sauces.
- Item #: i_264020Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 94JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Enough can't be said about the quality of the Rieslings from this estate, and the 2018 Riesling Eroica might be the best yet. Fabulous notes of sugared limes, lychee, and sweet citrus all flow to a medium-bodied, bright, clean, racy Riesling that has perfectly balanced acidity and sugar. Coming all from the Evergreen Vineyard, drink it any time over the coming 4-5 years. I suspect it will keep even longer, if you're so inclined. Don't let the price fool you, this is terrific."
- Item #: i_264001Bottle Size: 750mlChateau Ste. Michelle crafts their Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon to highlight concentrated Washington red fruit in an accessible style.
- Item #: i_212210Bottle Size: 750MLJeb Dunnuck: 97Col Solar is a partnership founded in the mid 1990s between Tuscany's famous Marchese Piero Antinori and Washington State's oldest winery, Chateau St. Michelle. From its inaugural 1995 vintage, Col Solare's mission has been to unite these two unique viticultural and winemaking cultures to produce world-class Cabernet Sauvignon from the very best Washington fruit. It is very apparent they are doing an excellent job in the vineyard along with winemaking techniques, they tend to get very favorable reviews and scores from all the top wine critics!
JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "Stunning stuff, and possibly the finest vintage to date for this wine, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon comes all from the estate on Red Mountain and is 94% Cabernet Sauvignon and 6% Cabernet Franc brought up all in new French oak. Gorgeous notes of creme de cassis, toasted spices, white flowers, and subtle oak all emerge from this super-rich, concentrated, full-bodied Cabernet that stays perfectly balanced and elegant. It has plenty of upfront appeal and shows a soft, sexy profile, yet it has ample tannins, remarkable purity, and a great finish, all promising 20+ years of longevity. Hats off to the team for this killer wine."
- Item #: i_212410Bottle Size: 750ML- "Supple, focused and distinctive, with a core of ripe plum, currant, sage and floral flavors, mingling effectively and harmoniously on the long, expressive finish. Drink now through 2020."
We've long been fans of Columbia Crest, one of Washington State's premiere wineries, known for both handcrafted, superior-quality small-lot wines and affordable, everyday Washington quaffers. So where does "H3" fall? Well, the price says everyday and affordable but, we must confess, the juice in the bottle has us leaning toward the superior side of the above descriptor-- it's a fantastic Cabernet Sauvignon that we believe people will fall in love with.
- Item #: i_212400Bottle Size: 750MLColumbia Crest and their H3 wines have been over performing for years at a value price range. Each vintage it seems these wines set the bar for that $10 - $15 dollar range so to get this quality at a discounted price is a rarity and we do encourage you to stock up on this offering for spring BBQ's and summer pool parties!
While being from Washington, this featured Chardonnay has a definite California flare stylistically speaking. While this wine is not over the top big and ripe, Chardonnay lovers will be dazzled by the rich, creamy texture with hints of brioche pear & baked apple. There are also notes of tropical fruit with a palate coating buttery finish. If you love a buttery Chardonnay, look no further!
- Item #: i_212450Bottle Size: 750mlThis is not a case of deja vu. If you follow our newsletter, you may recall that a Columbia Crest wine was our wine of the month last year at this time (the '09 H3 Cab, to be precise). This year, their red blend "Les Chevaux" (French for 'the horses') hit the home stretch well ahead of the dozen other worthy wines to take the purse.
Chevaux is a blend comprised of 80% Merlot, 13% Cabernet Sauvignon and 7% Syrah. Winemaker Juan Munoz Oca was raised in Mendoza, Argentina and worked with his grandfather, cellar master at Bodegas Toso winery, at a young age. Juan joined Columbia Crest in 2003 and was named head winemaker in 2011. Prior to 2011 he was dedicated to the winery's red wine program where he worked alongside Ray Einberger whose 2005 Reserve Cab became the first Washington wine to be named 'Wine of the Year' by Wine Spectator in 2009. Why Columbia Crest? Oca states: "The perfect grape-growing climate, the best viticultural practices, and a people committed to crafting the best bottle of wine vintage after vintage is what Columbia Crest's winemaking is all about."
The nose starts with Christmas spices, vanilla and cardamom, then adds a layer of cherry/plum/pomegranate reduction; a very attractive, inviting nose. The palate leads off with sweet cherry fruit and forward tannins as baking spices, Kriek lambic flavors and dark cocoa notes add depth and balance. The finish is lengthy and tasty as the big tannins slowly recede, leaving reverberations of red fruits, spice and a mineral earthiness to meander around the mouth for a few minutes more.
- "Supple and spicy, with a plush-textured, dark-hued, blackberry-rich mouthful lingering against creamy oak notes on the long and polished finish. Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah. Drink now through 2018."
- Item #: i_241510Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93Do you want to get a real glimpse into the characteristics and style of the 2017 vintage in Washington, then you don't need to look any further. Delille has been somewhat under the radar, but if the quality in this Merlot blend doesn't open your eyes, we don't know what will! "D2" is the main highway that runs through Bordeaux, so being that this is a Merlot-based blend (just like the right bank of Bordeaux), the name is apt. This year, the wine is a blend of 66% Merlot, 29% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3% Cabernet Franc, and 2% Petit Verdot .
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - ""Opens with supple and expressive red currant, green olive and clove flavors, then shifts gears and takes on increasingly muscular yet polished tannins on the long finish. Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. Drink now through 2028.""
- Item #: i_216440Bottle Size: 750ml
We’re telling you right now, this wine is an absolute steal! When our buyer first tasted this (and before he heard the price), he thought he was tasting a wine that would retail for $10-20 more than this actually does!
Established in 2007, Double Canyon Vineyard resides in the heart of the award-winning Horse Heaven Hills. This appellation is a historic source for many wineries, but Double Canyon is one of few estate wineries actually located in this corner of Washington State. Named for two ravines that run through the property, Double Canyon produces estate-grown wine that expresses the individuality of this distinctive windswept, desert appellation.
2016 is another fantastic vintage in Washington State, and Double Canyon’s Horse Heaven Hill Cabernet Sauvignon showcases the ripe, luscious, and full-flavored characteristics of this vintage with aromas of violet, tea, fresh cherry, and hints of Turkish delight. The entry possesses good acidity, with the influence of French oak transforming blackberry into sweet Kirsch, plum, and hints of savory herbs that mingle and emerge to give the palate complex layers, leading into a long, juicy finish with lingering notes of mouthwatering red plum. The tannins on the finish have just enough of that velvety feel to enjoy this wine today!
- Item #: i_275887Bottle Size: 750mlLong Shadows Vintners is a collection of seven ultra-premium Columbia Valley wines showcasing the viticultural excellence of the growing region and honoring the internationally acclaimed winemakers who inspired them.
Founded in 2003 by Washington State wine visionary Allen Shoup, the Long Shadows proposition was as simple as it was complex: recruit a cadre of the finest winemakers in the world; give each vintner access to Washington State's best grapes; and outfit a winery to accommodate a diverse group of winemakers' exacting cellar specifications. The idea quickly sold itself, and from the beginning, the wines have enjoyed critical acclaim that has continued to grow vintage after vintage with the style of each wine firmly in place. In addition to the wines, Long Shadows collectively has won numerous awards, including recognition as Food & Wine magazine's "Winery of the Year." This is the 2016 Vintage of Feather Cabernet Sauvignon made by Rock star winemaker named Randy Dunn.
Randy Dunn has been creating world-class wines for over 3 decades. The Cabernets he produces from Napa's Howell Mountain and valley floor routinely garner scores in the mid to upper 90s by both Wine Spectator and Robert Parker's The Wine Advocate. Everything Randy makes including Feather is small production, hand crafted wines that are delicious now, but will also stand the test of time. In fact, Randy's wines from the early 1980s and 1990s are still going strong; some even have decades of life left! These wines are a staple in the cellar of any collector or wine aficionado, so jump on them while you can!
Impressive depth and purity are displayed on a core of mocha-scented blackberry and ripe plum flavors woven with hints of rosemary and thyme. The wine’s refined tannins and an appealing earthiness provide rich texture and a lengthy finish.
- Item #: i_222810Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 97JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "The 2016 Syrah Estate checks in as 100% Syrah that saw a small amount of stems. It spent 18 months in 25% new French oak. Deeply colored, it displays a thrilling bouquet of smoked black fruits, violets, smoked meats, charcoal, and graphite. Deep, rich, incredibly fleshy and flamboyant, with perfect balance, it's a serious, world-class Syrah that will keep for 10-15 years."
- Item #: i_222890Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 95JEB DUNNUCK 95+ POINTS - "Billed as the estate's Right Bank blend, the 2017 Epinette is all estate and 53% Merlot, 26% Cabernet Sauvignon, 16% Cabernet Franc, and the rest Petit Verdot. It's a rich, powerful, Chateau Pavie-like wine that has classic Red Mountain minerality as well as notes of blackcurrants, chocolate, violets, sagebrush, and white truffles. Rich, medium to full-bodied, and beautifully concentrated, with building tannins, it's going to benefit from 2-4 years of bottle age and keep for 10-15 years."
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "Saturated bright medium ruby. Pungent scents of blackberry, cassis, licorice, minerals, graphite and bitter chocolate, with a hint of violet lift. Then plush, savory and deep in the mouth, with the Merlot creaminess to the fore. Very broad, concentrated flavors of dark berries and graphite minerality saturate the palate and blow past the wine's substantial, dusty but fine-grained tannins on the long back end. This big boy maintains its shape, no doubt partly due to the firming influence of its Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot components. This highly successful Right Bank blend shows more of a Pomerol than a Saint-Emilion plushness of texture, supported by solid tannic structure."
- Item #: i_271350Bottle Size: 750mlLooking for a solid, delicious Cab that won’t break the bank this holiday season? So are we! And we’ve found a great quaffer out of Washington State: g3 from Goose Ridge Vineyards.
Goose Ridge is a family-owned and -operated vineyard established in the late 1990s by the Monson family. While the vineyard is relatively young, the Monsons are dedicated farmers who have been working the land for over four decades. Farming is in their blood and they completely understand the mindset that great wine is grown, not made. Through meticulous farming and hard work the family has grown their vineyard acreage to the size where Goose Ridge is the largest contiguous vineyard property in Washington State, all sustainably farmed with future generations in mind.
The 2018 g3 Cabernet Sauvignon is well-structured with ample richness and depth accented by aromas of toasted oak, tobacco, top soil, rose bush and berry compote. Flavors of cherry and plum coalesce with hints of baking spice for a long, satisfying finish. The smooth, integrated tannins pair well with rich cuts of beef or wild game.
We have found your Christmas goose and it is g3!