- Item #: i_200600Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Jeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Made with the idea of a slightly more feminine style, the 2016 Proprietary Blend checks in as 73% Cabernet Sauvignon, 13% Merlot, and the rest Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. Also barrel fermented and aged (22 months in 80% new oak), it's another incredibly silky, polished, pure, balanced wine released from this estate. Bordeaux-like notes of blackcurrants, leafy herbs, forest floor, and tobacco all flow to a seamless, beautifully balanced, elegant red that has loads of upfront appeal. It too will keep for 10-15 years, probably longer."
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "Alpha Omega's 2016 Proprietary Red Wine is another very pretty and inviting wine in the range. Dark cherry and plum fruit is nicely pushed forward. Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot add depth and textural resonance. Best of all, the Proprietary Red will drink well upon release. In this tasting it is particularly expressive."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Composed of 73% Cabernet Sauvignon, 13% Merlot, 9% Cabernet Franc and 5% Petit Verdot, the deep garnet-purple colored 2016 Proprietary Red Wine features decadent warm plums, black cherries and blackcurrants notes with nuances of sautéed herbs, tilled soil and unsmoked cigars. Medium to full-bodied with a nice firm, grainy texture and just enough freshness, it has an appealing earthy restraint in the mouth with herbal sparks on the long savory finish. 1,750 cases produced."
- Item #: i_202630Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95If you have ever thought about venturing into Oregon Pinot Noirs, now is your time! And if you are an Oregon Pinot Noir zealot, now is your time! 2015 is going down in the record books as one of the best vintages in the history of the state, with warm weather throughout most of the growing season, and the sun shining bright during harvest. The wines are forward, inviting, complex, and nuanced. Located in the Ribbon Ridge sub-region of the Willamette Valley, Beaux Freres is planted on steep, contiguous southward facing hillsides of Willakenzie soils, comprised of old marine sediment. With a focus on biodynamic farming, the vines are planted at high density and some vines on the property are 30 years old, with several being own rooted!
WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "Combines structure with verve, offering richly expressive raspberry, violet and orange peel flavors that take on polish and complexity toward wellbuffed tannins. Drink now through 2028."
- Item #: i_205100Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "A more Merlot dominated cuvee that includes 14% Cabernet Sauvignon, the 2015 Merlot Front Man sports a deep ruby/purple color to go with a ripe, sexy, exuberant style on the palate. Currants, plums, black cherries, spicy oak and dried flower notes all flow from this medium to full-bodied, hedonistic beauty that does everything right. I don't think it's going to make the oldest of bones, but given its balance and purity, it might just surprise."
- Item #: i_223895Bottle Size: 750mlFine-tuned tannins create a silky smooth framework for the elegant layers of cassis, blackberry, black cherry, thyme, sage, and subtle spice that form the framework of this unique wine. Beautifully balanced, it hits all the right notes on the palate, finishing long, with great elegance.
- Item #: i_214460Bottle Size: 750mlFermented in a combination of oak upright tanks, small barrel, concrete tanks, and open-top stainless steel fermenters, the 2014 VASO Cabernet Sauvignon exudes fragrances of plum, sage, and cassis with hints of tobacco box and warm spices. Flavors of Bing cherry entice the front palate as the hillside fruit expression takes over, fusing flavors of blackberry and dark chocolate across the supple yet structured palate. Ripe strawberry and creme brulee linger on the finish. Lush and approachable now, this wine will continue to soften and develop over the next five to ten years. Enjoy with roasted meats, grilled vegetables, or perhaps a rich wild mushroom risotto.
- Item #: i_278550Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon includes 5% Petit Verdot and spent 22 months in 70% new French oak. It has a classic, old-school nose of black and blue fruits, tobacco, and sappy flowers to go with a medium to full-bodied, elegant style on the palate. With fine tannins and beautiful purity of fruit, it's an incredibly satisfying Cabernet Sauvignon to drink over the coming 15-20 years."
- Item #: i_220290Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 91-94Jeb Dunnuck: 96 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "From a Russian River Valley site planted in 2007, the 2017 Pinot Noir Jentoft Vineyard Ryan is a selection of Swan and Calera clones and sees 15 months in 45% new French oak. This brilliant wine knocks it out of the park with its complex bouquet of darker fruits, smoked earth, and spice. Medium to full-bodied, incredibly layered and multi-dimensional on the palate, it's a complete, flawless balanced, incredibly impressive wine that will benefit from 2-3 years of bottle age and cruise over the following decade. This lineup is stacked with terrific wines, but this is one of the standouts."
ANTONIO GALLONI 94-97 POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir Ryan Jentoft Vineyard is a stunner. Sweet, rich and explosive, the 2017 boasts striking inner perfume and fabulous balance. Sweet purplish berry fruit, lavender, spice and mint all lift from the glass in this vivid, exceptionally beautiful Pinot Noir. All the elements fall into place."
- Item #: i_226700Bottle Size: 750mlFounded in 2005 by third-generation Napa farmer Tom Gamble, Gamble Family Vineyards farms approximately 175 acres of prime estate vineyards from several of Napa Valley's most respected AVAs – Oakville, Yountville, Mt. Veeder, and Rutherford. Set in an isolated nook off of Highway 29 in the heart of Napa Valley's Oakville District, the winery, open to guests by invitation, has a quiet and pastoral presence. Tom Gamble's mission is to carry on the heritage of quality farming that his ancestors sowed when they came to Napa as farmers and ranchers in 1916. A family farming for over 100 years does so only through constant reinvestment in the environment and the people that support it. Knowledge and abilities evolve over time. Constant improvement means always trying new things and keeping what works. His winery and vineyards are certified Napa Green and certified by Fish Friendly Farming.
For 2014, the final blend is comprised of 32% Cabernet Sauvignon, 32% Cabernet Franc, 28% Merlot, and 8% Petit Verdot, aged in French oak barrels, of which 46% were new.
- Item #: i_270820Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93Brothers Jan and Bart Krupp were told they were crazy for buying their property, littered with boulders and without water, for the purpose of planting a vineyard in the mountains above the Napa Valley. But in the end, they cleared out the boulders, hired a local who told them where to drill for the water, and the quality of their grapes was so stunning that wineries such as Caymus, Paul Hobbs, Pahlmeyer, and Robert Biale were buying their grapes, not to mention those people who told them they were crazy, too! Now, their Stagecoach Vineyard is one of the most prized properties in the Napa Valley!
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Blended of 25% Cabernet Sauvignon, 26% Petit Verdot, 42% Tempranillo, 5% Cabernet Franc and 2% Malbec, the deep garnet-purple 2015 The Doctor Proprietary Red has a cassis, warm plums and sandalwood nose with hints of smoked meat, baking spices and tilled earth, plus a touch of underbrush. Showing good intensity and balance, with firm tannins on the medium to full-bodied palate, it finishes long and earthy."
- Item #: i_237200Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon shows lots of Pauillac-like crème de cassis, cedar wood, forest floor and fruitcake. There’s a touch of white chocolate, a nice influence of spicy and the wine is full-bodied, fleshy and opulent."
- Item #: i_237930Bottle Size: 750ml"So good!" - a direct quote from their winemaker Josh Widaman when they finished final barrel selections for the 2017 Napa Cabernet. Dense, layered aromas with sweet cocoa, alluring oak spice and wow-factor frontal fruit, the wine is showy yet seriously structured. Creamy melted berry character gives way to supple muscle with integrated tannins and a long, lavish finish.
- Item #: i_238840Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 90Like every top Chateau in Bourdeaux, the great Spottswoode Estate also has a second label: Lyndenhurst. The allure is that you get to taste a blueprint of the flagship bottling earlier, and in a very approachable fashion. The Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon enjoys the same pedigree as Spottswoode (which has earned a perfect 100 points score for their last two vintages) and shares characteristics easily recognizable to those already familiar with the essence of the Spottswoode estate. All organically farmed and aged in French oak barrels for 20 months, this wine truly shows the power and exceedingly high quality of the 2016 vintage!
On the approach, the 2016 Lyndenhurst sings a polished and youthful tone and soon reveals generosity and sophistication. The progression is long and opulent, punctuated by notes of cedar, winter mint, bergamot, briar, sandalwood, and chestnuts. There are layers of fruit-blueberry and soft, dark cherry open to aromas of blackberry, intermingled with warming notes of vanilla bean and cocoa powder. The wine is held together with a bright, linear acidity complemented by dark, silken tannins that together leave a lingering finish.
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "Another gorgeous wine in this range, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Lyndenhurst is wonderfully fresh, vibrant and nuanced. Black cherry, plum, spice, lavender, new leather and menthol overtones develop in the glass, but like so many 2016s, the Lyndenhurst simply dazzles with its exquisite balance and total class."
- Item #: i_238800Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Vinous Media: 92Like every top Château in Bordeaux, the great Spottswoode Estate also has a second label: Lyndenhurst. The allure is that you get to taste a blueprint of the flagship bottling earlier, and in a very approachable fashion. The Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon enjoys the same pedigree as Spottswoode (which has earned a perfect 100 points score for their last two vintages) and shares characteristics easily recognizable to those already familiar with the essence of the Spottswoode estate. All organically farmed and aged in French oak barrels for 20 months, this wine truly shows the power and exceedingly high quality of the 2016 vintage! On the approach, the 2016 Lyndenhurst sings a polished and youthful tone and soon reveals generosity and sophistication. The progression is long and opulent, punctuated by notes of cedar, winter mint, bergamot, briar, sandalwood, and chestnuts. There are layers of fruit—blueberry and soft, dark cherry opening to aromas of blackberry, intermingled with warming notes of vanilla bean and cocoa powder. The wine is held together with a bright, linear acidity complemented by dark, silken tannins that together leave a lingering finish.
ANTONIO GALLONI 91 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Lyndenhurst is pliant, supple and inviting. Dark cherry jam, plum, chocolate, spice and new leather are pushed forward in this racy, succulent Cabernet Sauvignon. A wine with no hard edges and plenty of allure, the 2015 will drink well with minimal cellaring. In the Lyndenhurst, readers will find an affordable Cabernet that showcases the best 2015 has to offer, in its peer group, naturally."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "This is Spottswoode's second wine. Around 50% to 55% of the fruit comes from the estate. The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Lyndenhurst is mainly Cabernet Sauvignon (80%) with 12% Merlot and splashes of Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. Medium to deep garnet-purple colored, it delivers bold, enticing black cherries, mulberries and warm plums scents with touches of cassis, fragrant earth, unsmoked cigars and menthol plus a waft of bay leaves. Medium-bodied, the earth-laced black fruit dances on the palate, supported by plush tannins and finishing on an allspice-laced note."
- Item #: i_241380Bottle Size: 750ml'Old school', 'classic' Napa Cabernet crafted by a young, passionate team helmed by Steve Matthiasson. The fruit for this wine is 93% Cabernet Sauvignon farmed by Steve Matthiasson. It’s a combination of Vinyards from Coombsville, Oak Knoll and Rutherford with 7% Cabernet Franc farmed by Doug Hill in Coombsville. The oak is 100% French, 50% new from mixed forests & coopers and was inspired by Warren Winiarski’s barrel regime from the early 1970’s. Fermentation was in stainless steel tank and elevage was 22 months. All Vinyards are farmed organically and the ingredients are; grapes, yeast and SO2. No mega purple, no velcorin etc...This one builds in its quiet intensity with an hour or two of air, pretty stuff!
- Item #: i_249250Bottle Size: 750mlMarilyn and Ren Harris founded Paradigm Vineyards in 1976. Since that time they have grown fruit for many of Napa Valley's most outstanding wineries. They began bottling small quantities of estate wine in 1991. Throughout their ownership of Paradigm, Ren and Marilyn have been tireless advocates for the Oakville appellation, eco-friendly farming, and environmental stewardship.
The lovely and talented Heidi Petterson Barrett has been the winemaker since Paradigm's first vintage. While she has made wine for other notable Oakvile properties such as Dalle Valle and Screaming Eagle, Paradigm has always been the hidden gem for wine geeks in the know.
Winemaker's Notes: "The 2015 vintage produced delicious concentrated wines in smaller quantity than normal. This black raspberry colored Cabernet has lovely open aromatics of black cherry, berry, and plum layered with a perfect balance of new and used French Oak. Our blend uses several blocks of Cabernet, Merlot, and Cab Franc from our Estate vineyard in Oakville. The effect is one of layered complete flavors and a delicious expression of how beautiful Oakville wine can be. Flavors match the aromas. Tannins are moderate yet add a nice chewy texture and the length goes on several seconds. This is a beautiful wine that will age surely for decades but is delish now.""
- Item #: i_230500Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94-96Vinous Media: 91-93Decanter: 96 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "One of the standouts is the 2017 Chardonnay Ross Station Estate and it has an incredibly polished, elegant, regal style as well as notes of tangerine, white peach, flowers, and honeysuckle. The texture here is first rate and it just glides over the palate with both freshness and richness. It's already drinking beautifully yet should cruise for 7-8 years or longer in cool cellars."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94-96+ POINTS - "A barrel sample, the 2017 Chardonnay Ross Station Estate exudes incredibly exotic, spicy scents of pineapple pastry, pink guava, mango pudding and nutmeg with hints of butterscotch, kettle corn and jasmine. Medium to full-bodied with a stunning satiny texture and layer upon layer of tropical fruit and exotic spice notions, it has a racy backbone and epically long finish. 325 cases will be produced and released in August 2019."