- Item #: i_200004Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92The 00 VGW (Very Good White) showcases the best of the Willamette Valley in a Chardonnay blend. Their "Black Chardonnay" production method results in a complex, savory Chardonnay, which has given 00 Wines an outstanding reputation for quality and attention to detail in the Willamette Valley after only two vintages of production. This annual blend is the signature Chardonnay entry into the world of 00 Wines. The 2016 VGW is a blend of single vineyard fermentations of Von Oehsen and Open Claim vineyards.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "00 Wines is crafting some of the most exciting Chardonnays in Willamette Valley. Anjou, France, native Pierre Millemann oversees winemaking in Oregon, and he is also in charge of 00's newest projects in France, where they are making a white Burgundy and Champagne."
"The 2017 Chardonnay VGW opens with fresh quince, brioche, red and yellow apples, gunflint and nutty aromas with hints of clotted cream, honey and yellow peaches. Medium-bodied, round and silky, it has pleasantly restrained, savory fruits with juicy freshness and a long, minerally finish."
- Item #: i_201230Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "Arietta's 2014 Merlot Hudson Vineyards is gorgeous. Surprisingly, it is also richer, deeper and more pedigreed than the Quartet and Cabernet Sauvignon in this vintage. Exquisitely layered and supple, the 2014 possesses striking depth to match its creamy, inviting personality. Layers of plum, black cherry and mocha built into the supple, inviting finish. Naturally, the 2014 is quite young. It can be enjoyed today, but readers who appreciate the complexity that develops only in bottle will have to be patient."
- Item #: i_207140Bottle Size: 750mlThe Cain 2012 Concept is a blend of 73% Cabernet Sauvignon, 16% Merlot, 7% Petit Verdot, and 4% Cabernet Franc from such prestigious vineyards as Beckstoffer George III, Hudson, and Stagecoach. This wine displays the aromatic complexity, smooth entry, balanced mouthfeel and graceful finish, which are the signatures of the Cain style. One of the best Napa vintages of recent history, the 2012 expresses all the warm, generous fruitiness which Cabernet Sauvignon can offer when grown in the best sites of the Napa Valley. It is simply bursting with fragrant aromas of fruit, flowers, tobacco and spice, all layered over a zesty, juicy structure that promises many years to come.
- Item #: i_215470Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93A blend of 50% Merlot, 35% Cabernet Franc, and 15% Petit Verdot.
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Merlot Cuvee 37.2 has really turned out beautifully. Racy and opulent to the core, with terrific persistence, the Merlot has so much to offer. Black cherry, plum, chocolate, mocha and licorice all build in a super-expressive, inviting wine that will drink well right out of the gate. The blend is based on a core of Merlot from Kenefick Ranch and Cabernet Franc from Rutherford."
- Item #: i_200310Bottle Size: 750mlThe David Arthur Estate is located high on Pritchard Hill, on the eastern side of the Napa Valley. The rough mountain terrain and rocky red soils provide ideal growing conditions for wine grapes such as Cabernet Sauvignon. In 1978, Donald Long and his 28 year old son David began the epic job of building roads, clearing land and finally planting wine grapes. Although David lacked a formal viticultural education, he learned hands-on by working in the vineyards and cellars of local wineries such as the Chappellet and Joseph Phelps. The first vintage of Chardonnay was harvested in 1985, followed by Cabernet Sauvignon in the nineties. As his experience and knowledge of the land grew, David learned the ability of these hills to grow the very finest wine grapes. Today, with the help of a highly insightful team, David Arthur continues to cultivate rich concentrated wine grapes that in turn help them craft distinctive and memorable wines.
Chardonnay is now the anomaly, as David Arthur has sourced their Chardonnay grapes from the Oak Knoll District and Stagecoach Vineyard in Napa Valley for nearly a decade, and cherish their relationships with these independent growers that offer small parcels and unique clonal selections. The David Arthur Chardonnay style offers a wonderful balance of new world fruit expression and restrained winemaking technique.
A slight green-golden hue offers bright and illuminated aromas of kiwi, Asian pear and Golden Delicious apple, and white peach, citrus blossom followed by light hints of toasted almonds. The palate is soft/plush and full throttle with layers of citrus, candied apple, poached pear and finishes with a subtle minerality
- Item #: i_214850Bottle Size: 750mlPlanted in 1999, Denner Vineyards is a winegrowing estate on the far western border of the Paso Robles AVA. Their 156 acres press up against the Santa Lucia Range, giving the site great diversity of elevation, aspect and soil. Previously dry farmed barley, the estate is nestled into the Templeton Gap, an East/West corridor where the marine layer can reach the inland valleys. As a result they receive large diurnal temperature swings without high moisture pressure, giving us a near perfect growing climate.
The 108 acres under vine are comprised of 19 different varieties in 26 unique blocks. Each block is farmed with painstaking attention to detail, allowing only for the best possible grapes to reach the winery. Aron Nevarez, their vineyard manager, is committed to environmentally friendly farming practices, using only sustainable inputs and minimal irrigation.
The "Dirt Worshipper" is a blend of 97% Syrah, 2% Roussanne, and 1% Viognier. An explosion of violets, black olives, plums, white pepper, and forest floor are a stunning introduction to this hedonistic beast. Flavors of seared ribeye, menthol, rolling tobacco, and blueberry dance around on the visceral palate. The mid-palate offers profound depth and power, but brightens as it evolves into a graceful and extraordinarily long finish.
- Item #: i_214890Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "A blend of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 18% Petit Verdot, 10% Merlot and 2% Cabernet Franc, the 2017 Mother Of Exiles is deep ruby-purple and opens with milk chocolate and cassis aromas, fleshing out to Morello cherries, cast-iron pan and a very classy frame of sweet spices. The full-bodied palate is rich and intense with ripe, spicy fruits, finely pixelated tannins and seamless freshness, finishing very long. This is lovely, and it merits at least another 2-3 years in bottle."
- Item #: i_220200Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Vinous Media: 93-95Jeb Dunnuck: 95JEB DUNNUCK 95+ POINTS - "From the estate vineyard on the Sonoma Coast and all Mt. Eden clone, the 2018 Chardonnay DuMOL Estate was barrel fermented and spent 11 months in barrel followed by 6 months in stainless steel. Its light gold color is followed by a rocking bouquet of ripe pears, white flowers, nectarines, and peaches. Medium to full-bodied, with beautiful purity and finesse as well as ample mid-palate depth, it's a terrific, almost Burgundian Chardonnay that's going to benefit from a year or three of bottle age and evolve for over a decade."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The 2018 Chardonnay Estate Vineyard is youthfully shy, offering soft hints of quince paste, roasted almonds, saline and white blossoms. In the mouth, it's medium-bodied, tangy and mineral-driven with savory notes hinting at more to come with time in bottle, and it finishes long and lifted."
ANTONIO GALLONI 93-95 POINTS - "The 2018 Chardonnay Estate Vineyard is super-expressive today and not as forbidding as it can be, at least at this stage, prior to bottling. White orchard fruit, pineapple white flowers, mint and white pepper add lovely top notes."
- Item #: i_218980Bottle Size: 750mlRoosevelt Vineyard was planted in 1993 and has quickly become Elk Cove's most prized vineyard site. A four-acre high-density (2100 vines per acre) planting situated just south of the winery on Willakenzie soils, Roosevelt's south-facing hillside slopes to a steep precipice overlooking the magnificent Williams Canyon. Roosevelt undergoes extensive pruning and cluster thinning to limit yields and maximize ripening to concentrate the fruit and is managed using completely organic practices. All of these elements combine to consistently produce one of Oregon's finest Pinot Noirs.
This expansive wine begins with a walk through the forest: cedar and huckleberry are followed by candied orange, coffee and fennel. After a succulent entry, seamless layers demand attention with big cherry, raspberry and currant complemented by a savory seam of dark chocolate and tea.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir Roosevelt has a pale to medium ruby color and a nose of garrigue, licorice, red currant, cured meats and forest floor with nuances of blackberries and savory herbs. It's medium-bodied with intense, spicy fruits, a firm, grainy frame and great freshness, finishing long and spicy. 400 cases produced."
- Item #: i_222810Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 97JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "The 2016 Syrah Estate checks in as 100% Syrah that saw a small amount of stems. It spent 18 months in 25% new French oak. Deeply colored, it displays a thrilling bouquet of smoked black fruits, violets, smoked meats, charcoal, and graphite. Deep, rich, incredibly fleshy and flamboyant, with perfect balance, it's a serious, world-class Syrah that will keep for 10-15 years."
- Item #: i_226320Bottle Size: 750mlIn 1885, Dr. George Beldon Crane planted an assortment of grape vines on an eight-acre plot of land, just south of St. Helena. Today, it is one of the oldest vineyards in the Napa Valley, consisting of a field blend traditionally known as "mixed blacks". Although records are scarce, the vines likely consist of Zinfandel, Petite Sirah, Carignan and to a lesser extent, Alicante Bouschet, Mourvedre and Valdiguie. Of the eight acres currently in production, approximately four contain a mixture of G.B. Crane's original head trained vines with newer plantings from the 1930s interspersed. The other four acres consist of a 1.6-acre block of Cabernet Sauvignon, a 1.4-acre block of Petite Sirah, and two rows of Merlot. With such a storied history and enormous potential, GB Crane purchased the eight-acre vineyard in 2012 with one goal: to preserve this piece of California viticultural history and produce a wine that both represents and respects that heritage.
The El Coco blend changes every year, and this time it's a blend of 56% Petite Sirah, 35% Zinfandel, and 9% Merlot. The 2018 El Coco pours vivid violet and sits with a dark crimson core and a Black Baccara Rose rim. Awash with complex and changing aromas, the nose starts with ripe blue fruits and brambly framboise, then opens up to some crème de menthe and cigar box. Seamless yet broad on entry, the palate is rife with blueberry, black cherry and a hint of white pepper. Plush, effortlessly balanced and with round, soft tannins, the finish is the epitome of length; it builds and eventually blooms to a satiating note of dark pluot.
- Item #: i_226870Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleTypically a blend of Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, and Gewurztraminer, Grgich's classically-produced late harvest wine is the result of Botrytis cinerea, a beneficial mold that evaporates moisture while concentrating the flavor in the berry but yielding very little juice when we press the grapes. Grgich fermented the thick, rich juice and then aged the wine in French oak to develop its subtle flavors and textures. Rich aromas of warm pineapple, baked pear and cinnamon lead to a long, vibrant finish of honeysuckle and lily. Violetta is spectacular when paired with desserts that echo these flavors, such as fruit tarts, creme brrlee and rich cheeses, or serve it all by itself to end a special meal.
- Item #: i_228230Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Jeb Dunnuck: 93Made from grapes grown on the Lewelling Family Ranch in the Napa Valley at the base of St. Helena's western hills, the 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon was aged 20 months in 70% new French oak barrels. It is 96% Cabernet, 4% Petit Verdot, and 100% Lewelling Ranch. Lewelling's hallmark bright ruby fruit is balanced with notes of licorice and undertones of loamy soil, coupled with moderate tannin for structure and longevity.
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "Haley Wight continues to make wines under her own Hayfork label. They deliver both quality and value. The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Lewelling Ranch reveals a ruby/purple hue as well as a spicy bouquet of mulberries, blueberries, tobacco leaf, and chocolate. These all carry to the palate, where the wine is medium to full-bodied, has an opulent texture, and a great finish. It's both complex and hedonistic, and you can drink bottles today or cellar for 10-15 years if you're so inclined."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Lewelling Ranch, containing 4% Petit Verdot, was aged 20 months in 75% new French oak. Medium to deep garnet-purple colored, it springs from the glass with energetic red and black currants, blackberry preserves and black forest cake notes with hints of bay leaves and fragrant earth. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is filled with juicy black fruit and red fruit accents, framed by ripe, grainy tannins, finishing with lovely freshness. 620 cases made."
- Item #: i_231970Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleIcewine is winter's gift to the wine lover and one of the best-kept secrets of the wine world. Grapes used to make Icewine are left on the vine well into December and January. The ripe berries are dehydrated through constant freezing and thawing which concentrates the sugars and acids, thereby intensifying the flavours. The grapes are painstakingly picked by hand in their natural frozen state with yields often as little as 5% to 10% of normal. Genuine icewine must follow VQA (Vintners Quality Alliance) regulations that prohibit any artificial freezing of grapes. Much of the water in the juice remains frozen as ice crystals during the pressing, and only a few drops of sweet concentrated juice are salvaged. Sublime aromatics of fresh lime, apricot, grapefruit and peach blossoms with a slight mineral edge. A racy interplay of sweet and tart offer up echoing flavors of lemon, lime and candied apricot. Icewine is intensely sweet and flavorful in the initial mouth sensation. The balance is achieved by the acidity, which gives a clean, dry finish. Truly a vibrant and refreshing experience!
- Item #: i_232430Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 97JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "It's always a fun tasting with winemaker Matt Dees and his team, and they continue to keep this estate at the top of the hierarchy in Santa Barbara County. Located in Ballard Canyon AVA, they pull only from their estate vineyard (planted on incredibly sandy soils) and make a wide range of cuvees, from a red and white Bordeaux blends, to a 100% Petit Verdot, Sangiovese and a number of terrific Rhône blends. The common thread is incredible quality."
"All the 2015s were bottled just 5 weeks ago. Looking first at the 2015 Fenix, it's probably the best vintage of this cuvee to date and is made from 47% Merlot, 30% Cabernet Franc, 19% Cabernet Sauvignon and 4% Petit Verdot. Currants, violets, plums, earth and licorice notes all give way to a ripe, sexy, incredibly polished Merlot that has building tannin. It's tour de force that needs 3-5 years of cellaring and will keep for two decades."
- Item #: i_277527Bottle Size: 750mlThis is the highest expression of Justin's winemaking abilities. The blend was always the dream concept of Justin and Deborah Baldwin, in the model of the great Bordeaux left-bank wines of Pauillac and Margaux. Over 25 years of experience have guided their winemakers to great vineyards and low yields, and to spare no expense on production equipment and French barrels, to make the finest wine of Paso Robles. Yet every vintage provides new challenges, and new attempts to drive excellence in a cellarable but immediately delicious blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, and Merlot.
This year's blend is comprised of 83% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Cabernet Franc, and 8% Merlot. The wine has a dark ruby/purple/black core, with lighter ruby/purple toward the rim with moderate plus viscosity and slow forming, moderately stained tears. Highly aromatic and complex with lush, ripe black cherry, black currant and boysenberry with vanilla, cinnamon spice, sweet tobacco and savory notes of leather, camphor and cedar. Full bodied and luxuriant with ripe black fruit, mostly cherry and black currant with mixed ripe berries and barrel spice on entry. The mid-palate features continued fruit with subtle savory elements of autumn leaf, leather, and cedar with rounded, plush tannins that extend into a long finish featuring black cherry and camphor notes.
- Item #: i_235510Bottle Size: 750mlSonoma Coast Pinot Noir has a ruby color with red tints. Fruit aromas in this bottling are more subdued with hints of white cherries and strawberries. There is a savory component to this wine on the palate. Nuances of dry green herbs and black olives combine with a layered red fruit profile. There is a freshness in the finish reflecting the wines vibrant natural acidity. This wine will age and develop for 5-7 years.