- Item #: i_230790Bottle Size: 750mlDeep ruby in color, the Austin Hope Cabernet Sauvignon expresses aromas of freshly picked black currants, ripe black cherries, and blackberries, with subtle notes of violets, mocha, and dried spices. On the palate, it's a big, powerful, modern-styled wine layered with heaps of juicy blackberry and cherry fruit, while nuances of cedar, clove, nutmeg and vanilla bean round out the long smooth finish. It's full-bodied and rich, balanced by fresh acidity and firm, polished tannins.
- Item #: i_214440Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "Vivid ruby-red. A powerfully scented bouquet evokes ripe red/blue fruits, incense and candied licorice, while a suave floral pastille nuance emerges. Sappy, broad and expansive in the mouth, it offers sweet black raspberry, boysenberry and cola flavors that are braced by a core of juicy acidity. Closes on a sneaky tannic note, showing fine clarity, spicy thrust and impressive, floral-driven tenacity."
- Item #: i_214780Bottle Size: 750mlPlanted in 1999, Denner Vineyards is a winegrowing estate on the far western border of the Paso Robles AVA. Their 156 acres press up against the Santa Lucia Range, giving the site great diversity of elevation, aspect and soil. Previously dry farmed barley, the estate is nestled into the Templeton Gap, an East/West corridor where the marine layer can reach the inland valleys. As a result they receive large diurnal temperature swings without high moisture pressure, giving us a near perfect growing climate.
Winemaker Anthony Yount "cut his teeth" in the wine industry at Denner, working as cellar rat for two vintages. Later, he moved up the road to become Cellar Master at Villa Creek, where he continued to work with Denner fruit. Coming full circle, Anthony returned to Denner as Winemaker in 2009. The 108 acres under vine are comprised of 19 different varieties in 26 unique blocks. Each block is farmed with painstaking attention to detail, allowing only for the best possible grapes to reach the winery. Vineyard manager Aron Nevarez is committed to environmentally friendly farming practices, using only sustainable inputs and minimal irrigation.
A blend of 40% Roussanne, 20% Vermentino, 15% Grenache Blanc, 15% Marsanne, 5% Picpoul, and 5% Clairette Blanche, the 2019 Theresa is a wine of great purity, showcasing lemon curd, flint, honeydew melon, and kiwi aromas. The palate is full of butterscotch, toasted brioche, yuzu and mint flavors that evolve into a round, yet incredibly precise finish. Pair it with white fish or freshly shucked oysters.
- Item #: i_222280Bottle Size: 750MLFontanella Family's 2019 Chardonnay delivers the heft and beautiful fruit that consistently make this the Chardonnay for red wine-lovers! Meyer Lemon zest and pineapple on the nose invite you into a round mouthfeel packed with honeysuckle, baked apples and cinnamon, toasted marshmallow, and lemon meringue – all balanced with the trademark Mt. Veeder minerality and crisp acidity that cleanse and refresh your palate after each sip.
- Item #: i_237430Bottle Size: 750mlStrewn with silky ripe stone fruit and river rock minerality, Lewis Cellars' 2019 Napa Chardonnay is complex and compelling. Opening with green pear and yellow peach, creamy flan flavors float across the palate with flecks of gardenia and gun metal, carrying through with drive and detail to a sumptuous finish.
- Item #: i_246730Bottle Size: 750mlTruchard Vineyard lies in the heart of Carneros, prized for its rolling hills, sun exposure and cool, breezy conditions that allow long, even ripening. Nickel and Nickel makes wine from eight select sections of this 270-acre vineyard, composed of volcanic ash and rock with a southwestern exposure. The growing season tends to be long in this cooler area, allowing for fully mature fruit at harvest.
The 2019 Truchard Chardonnay is a beautiful marriage of youthful vibrance and refined elegance. Gorgeous aromas of tropical fruits, citrus and wet stone leap from the glass with the very first swirl. The same tropical and citrus notes follow on the palate, with pear, peach blossoms, and a touch of spice to round out the flavor profile. This wine is weighty, with an oily-textured component that is inherent to the vineyard. A harmonious mix of acidity and volume, this wine is full and fresh.
- Item #: i_252060Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 93Farming Viognier is no simple task. It is more susceptible than other grape varieties to vineyard woes including frost damage, springtime fungus, poor set and sunburn. To achieve a balanced vine canopy, Pride cane prunes in a way unique to their Viognier vines. The vineyard crew spends much more time in each acre of Viognier than they do in any acre of their Cabernet Sauvignon. The fruits of such labor in 2019 is a wine with gorgeous synergy between its various aromatic and structural components. The 2019 Viognier was fermented in entirely neutral French oak barrels (5 - 10 years old) and then aged on its lees, with periodic battonage, for four months prior to bottling on Valentine's Day of 2020.
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2019 Viognier is fabulous. In fact, it might be the best white at Pride. Varietal aromas and flavors are everywhere in this wonderfully expressive, generous Viognier. The 2019 is a rich wine with plenty of Viognier viscosity, but the flavors remain bright, making for a wine that balances everything Viognier has to offer in grand style. Tangerine oil, jasmine, ginger and passion fruit linger. This is such a pretty and alluring white."
- Item #: i_248420Bottle Size: 750MLThe Prisoner is an innovative red blend that takes its stylistic cue from the drinkable "mixed blacks" first made by Italian immigrants who originally settled the Napa Valley. In the late 90's there were a handful of Napa producers beginning to make this style of wine again and Dave Phinney became one of them.
A blend of Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah, Syrah, and Merlot, the wine features enticing aromas of ripe raspberry, vanilla, and coconut. Flavors of fresh and dried blackberry, pomegranate, and vanilla linger harmoniously for a smooth and luscious finish.
- Item #: i_262630Bottle Size: 750mlIn addition to their Estate grown Cabernet Sauvignons that have garnered 100-point scores, Spottswoode always produces one of our favorite Sauvignon Blancs out of California! In addition to their estate grapes, Spottswoode gets fruit from other noteworthy vineyards, such as Hyde and Stagecoach, and also utilizes the Musque clone of Sauvignon Blanc. Spottswoode’s method of fermentation (using a combination of small stainless barrels, French oak and concrete eggs) means that they manage up to 200 individual fermentations each year. This technique results in a complex, rich and vibrant wine that stands well on its own, pairs beautifully with food and is further enhanced with a bit of cellaring. The wine is mouth-coating and viscous, with a balancing acid tension and great mouth-watering juiciness. The beauty is there aromatically, with an initial impression of lime zest, lemon pith and citrus blossom. It then opens to white peach, nectarine, mandarin, cream, with hints of vanilla and lime curd, both on the nose and on the palate. Rich and texturally enticing, with great balance and length.
Winemaker's Notes: "This Sauvignon Blanc jumps out of the glass with pink grapefruit, Asian pear, white peach, lemon oil, lime leaf, and lemongrass aromatics. The palate confirms the nose and is extremely bright and tense, showing great balance. Bright guava, juicy stone fruit, and hints of pineapple pair with a grapefruit acidity that lead to a long finish. Frequent lees batonnage adds a level of creaminess and more layers of complexity. Showing beautifully now, this wine also has the structure and sophistication to age gracefully for enjoyment in the future."