- Item #: i_201730Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Supple and elegantly complex, with plush raspberry, orange peel and cinnamon flavors that glide along the finish. Drink now through 2023. 6,500 cases made. "
- Item #: i_201510Bottle Size: 750mlMaple Vineyards contains 27 acres of exceptional head-trained zinfandel, on the high bench land in the heart of Dry Creek Valley. The oldest block was planted in 1910, linking Armida's current wines to the rich history and traditions of the early immigrants of Dry Creek Valley. David Rafanelli continues these traditional, labor intensive farming techniques today, personally managing the farming as did Tom and Tina Maple before him. The sandy-loam riverbed soil has incredible drainage, allowing all nutrients and rains to reach down to the deep roots. The old-vines aren't irrigated, causing a high level of stress on the vines before harvest, creating small grapes with big flavors, and continues the decades long practice of sustainability for Maple Vineyard.
The inky-indigo color suggests the depth of flavors to follow. Wild blackberry, dried cranberry and brown sugar aromas tickle your nose. Hints of cedar and cinnamon tease and meld effortlessly with the vibrant fruit flavors. The wine begins with a lush soft entry bringing fresh tart cherries and raspberry jam into focus, then follows with boisterous red current. The seductive finish isn't cloying and sweet, but rather refined, lush and succulent, and the integrated tannins and great balance of savory and spice will continue to gain in complexity over the next fifteen years.
- Item #: i_275444Bottle Size: 750mlFrom the outstanding 2016 vintage, the 100% estate farmed Cumberland Reserve Pinot Noir is potentially Bergstrom's best reserve blend in over a decade. It is dark burgundy in color with a youthful violet hue at the rim of the glass and could easily be mistaken for an old world effort. Its lovely aromatics are a sweet and savory mixture of dark fruits like blackberry, Marion berry and blueberry, a dustiness resembling cigar tobacco, a rocky mineral quality, along with whole cluster inspired herbs and a rich meatiness.
- Item #: i_277784Bottle Size: 750MLThe name Rocky Reserve comes from the deep red, rocky soils of the Florence Vineyard, 1400 feet above Lake Sonoma and Dry Creek Valley. This is a more elegant and restrained Zin, worthy of five or more years of cellaring, though it is packed with fragrant black and blue berry fruits.Nice dark-red in color, big blueberry-blackberry fruit, spicy-chocolatey oak, nicely focused acidity enhances mineral flavors, elegantly structured tannins for aging, super plush long finish!
- Item #: i_210160Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Estate is scented of ripe Bosc pears, fresh apple slices and nutmeg with hints of peach kernels, lightly browned toast and struck flint. Medium to full-bodied, the palate offers plenty of apple and pear goodness, with a satiny texture and lively line, finishing creamy."
- Item #: i_212030Bottle Size: 750MLOnce in the glass, the Clos Pegase Estate Cabernet Sauvignon reflects an opaque dark purple core. As the aromatics waft towards the nose, they deliver generous layers of cassis, antique wood, cigar box and black currant. On the palate, brooding dark fruits give way to briar, black currant and forest floor. More subtle notes of graphite, wet clay and seasoned leather, transition across the palate. The tannins are nicely balanced by the lush fruits which are in-turn kept fresh by the crisp acidity. This Cabernet Sauvignon continues to evolve on the palate showing depth and complexity with a lengthy finish.
- Item #: i_212610Bottle Size: 750MLFor more than 40 years, Conn Creek Winery has focused on Cabernet Sauvignon. In search of the best Cabernet Sauvignon, they've discovered many exceptional single-vineyard sites throughout Napa Valley. Today, Conn Creek sources fruit from those prized vineyards in nearly all of Napa Valley's diverse sub-appellations, such as St. Helena, Yountville, Oakville, Calistoga, Mt. Veeder, and Howell Mountain, to provide winemaker Mike McGrath with an unparalleled palette from which to blend each wine. It's an approach that captures the "Best of Napa Valley."
Concentrated cranberry and raspberry notes with underlying cigar box notes. Mouthfeel consists of broad, full tannins with a touch of black pepper on the finish.
- Item #: i_232890Bottle Size: 750mlNamed for the old grist mill that was found on the property, Grist sits pretty at 1000 ft. elevation on Bradford Mountain in the Dry Creek Valley AVA. The site was originally planted 100 years ago, and has since been replanted in the early 1970s. Farming here is CCOF Organic. The 58 acres under vine are head trained and cane pruned, and have spectacular views of the fog line driving in 15 miles west from the Pacific Ocean. Between Grist and the beachfront lie 15 miles of mountain lions, deer, and unspoiled forest.
- Item #: i_215480Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 91ANTONIO GALLONI 90 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay (Santa Barbara County) is a terrific appellation level wine from Ryan Deovlet. Bright and delineated, with plenty of citrus character, the 2016 offers lovely persistence and class, especially at this level. The 2016 is a blend of 55% Sanford & Benedict and 45% Zotovich fruit."
- Item #: i_215530Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2016 Pinot Noir (Santa Barbara County) is a blend of the sites Ryan Deovlet works with, namely Zotovich, La Encantada, and Sanford and Benedict. Plump, juicy and forward, with lovely berry fruit and terrific freshness, the 2016 is a gorgeous wine to drink now and over the next few years. Moreover, it is an overachiever in its category. Once again, Ryan Deovlet has turned out an absolutely sublime appellation-level wine. "
- Item #: i_214310Bottle Size: 750mlAnybody who has walked into our store asking for a great Cabernet recommendation has sure heard us talking up the Desparada wines from winemaker Valia Esh. Valia is a lady who has managed to understand winemaking quicker and with more detail than many other winemakers...to a point where others are jealous! This year's Suitor is comprised of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 36% Sangiovese, and 4% Cabernet Franc.
Valia likes to write her tasting notes so that they read like a story. Her notes on this wine reads: "The pavement ends in a long ribbon of dirt and rows of stone fruit. You recognize Elephant heart plum and the blossoms of nectarines. Through clover and tiger lilies you see James approaching. He passes you a pluot across the barb wire. As you drive toward the house the juice marries with the scent of soil. It's good to be home."
- Item #: i_216090Bottle Size: 750MLDomaine Carneros' classic Pinot Noir was made to show off the superb qualities of their organic vineyard, is rich with fruit tones of black cherry, raspberry and black current overlaid with notes of chocolate, toast, clove and exotic spices. Luscious flavors end in a very long and silky finish.
- Item #: i_216100Bottle Size: 750MLANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "Deep bright-hued red. Fresh red and blue fruits, pungent flowers, star anise, sassafras and a hint of smoky minerals on the deeply perfumed nose. Juicy and focused on the palate, offering intense boysenberry and black raspberry flavors that are lifted and sharpened by a spine of zesty acidity. The spice and floral notes come back strong on an impressively long, seamless finish, where silky tannins sneak in late."
- Item #: i_216310Bottle Size: 750mlMount Eden has a long and glorious history. Originally planted by a man named Martin Ray, many of the original Mount Eden Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays are some of the best renditions California has ever produced! Flash-forward to the present, and the wines are just as good as they always were. In addition to their estate wines, they produce a second wine called Domaine Eden. Sourced from a well-maintained vineyard just one mile away from their estate, Mount Eden utilizes the same exacting methods for their estate wines: natural indigenous fermentations (both primary and secondary), French Burgundy barrels, no fining, filtration or any other manipulation. This bottling is bigger and more full-bodied than its more expensive sibling, but is still distinctively Burgundian in its profile.
- Item #: i_218920Bottle Size: 750mlMount Richmond sits at 300-500 feet elevation, lower than the vineyards planted at the winery, which allows for earlier ripening. Planted in a high-density format (2100 vines/acre), similar to Roosevelt, Mount Richmond sits in rolling hills just outside the town of Yamhill just East of the Coast Range Mountains. In addition to the old vine pommard selection, planted from select cuttings off of Roosevelt Vineyard, the blend now also includes equal parts of Dijon clones 115 and 777.
Fruit from Mount Richmond is fermented in small, temperature controlled steel tanks, hand punched down twice daily, and barreled in 50% new french oak barrels. After 10 months of aging in barrels, only the barrels that are most representative of the Mount Richmond profile are carefully blended to create a big, luscious Oregon Pinot Noir
Candied aromas of kirsch and fresh raspberry jam counter-balanced by dark notes of toffee and fresh tobacco. Fresh blackberry and red plum on the palate play against a ferrous background of orange peel and licorice notes that add interest to the clarity on the finish.
- Item #: i_218560Bottle Size: 750mlNow mostly comprised of Stiling Vineyard fruit, winemaker Kent Humphreys chose to pick this vineyard in several stages to provide both ripeness and natural acidity. A small 4% addition of Fallenleaf Vineyard (new to the blend) lends the Old Wente clone's custardy bass notes while another 4% of Green Acres Vineyard Hyde clone contributes both texture and verve.
While this packs all the hallmark flavors of the exotic Rued clone (white flowers, peach and citrus oil) there's also a sense of grace on the palate. Buoyed by a hand-in-glove selection of oak barrels, we're smitten with this rendition. We absolutely love the freshness found in this vintage, and while it will be tempting to drink young it should age beautifully for years.
- Item #: i_232540Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93Seven Springs Vineyard was planted in 1984 by Al MacDonald on an east-facing slope, in the iron-rich and rocky, volcanic soils of the Eola-Amity Hills. Al planted what would become one of Oregon's most recognized vineyards who sold fruit to many benchmark Oregon producers. The vineyard's position opposite of the windy Van Duzer Corridor mitigates hot, sunny afternoons in the Willamette Valley with cool winds from the Pacific. As valley temperatures increase throughout the day, warm air rises, replaced by cooling winds flooding in from the Pacific through the Van Duzer gap and across the vineyard providing extended hang time at harvest. The vineyard has always been dry farmed, it's certified LIVE and was converted to biodynamic viticulture in 2007.
At the helm of Seven Springs is Rajat Parr, world renowned wine sommelier and Sashi Moorman, known for his passion for winemaking and viticulture. Together, these two bring an insurmountable amount of knowledge leading Seven Springs into its 4th decade producing outstanding wines at an affordable price point!
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Graceful and elegantly complex, with alluring Meyer lemon and green apple flavors accented by wet stone and sweet anise notes on a lingering finish. Drink now through 2021. 1,019 cases made."
- Item #: i_274798Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "I loved the 2016 Pinot Noir Ashley's. This beauty just jumps out of the glass with notes of black cherries, raspberries, scorched earth, spice box, and dried herbs. Rich, medium-bodied, elegant, and seamless, it's beautifully balanced and long, and certainly a great drink. This cuvee spent 16 months in 58% new French oak and is ideal for drinking over the coming 7-8 years."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Fess Parker winemaker Blair Fox characterizes 2016 as 'an exceptional vintage for Pinot Noir, with lots of depth, character and concentration.' The vintage's heat spikes, he adds, impacted later-harvested Rhône varieties more, bringing soaring sugars. In size, this was an average crop: smaller than 2014 but larger than 2015."
"The 2016 Pinot Noir Ashley's Vineyard is one of my favorites, wafting from the glass with aromas of wood smoke, earth, berries and aromatic bark. On the palate, it's full-bodied, rich and supple, with a layered mid-palate, fine-grained tannins and a generous but balanced profile. Enjoy it over the next five to six years."
- Item #: i_220170Bottle Size: 750MLThe dramatic landscape of the Sonoma coast, with its steep hillsides and windswept foothills, gives Flowers a diverse profile of well-draining soils, while direct proximity to the Pacific Ocean results in a long, cool growing season. These extreme coastal conditions allow Flowers to produce a layered Chardonnay with bright fruit focus, complex minerality and crystalline acidity. Flowers' Sonoma Coast Chardonnay is sourced from a small selection of family-owned sites, including their own estate Camp Meeting Ridge Vineyard.
Medium yellow in color, this wine displays aromas of straw, lemon verbena, and honey suckle that mingle with layers of lemon meringue and lychee. Upon entry are flavors of lemon curd, honeydew, and hints of star fruit and wet stone, balanced with a touch of fine grained tannin. The crisp finish is countered with a spicy note of white pepper and lingers with coastal minerality.
- Item #: i_223550Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91Jeb Dunnuck: 91 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay FRV Fort Ross Vineyard is a beauty. Clean, classic, and medium-bodied, with good acidity as well as notes of buttered orchard fruits and spice, it has plenty of fruit, good balance, and a classic Chardonnay profile."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Fort Ross Vineyard gives up notions of warm applesauce, poached pears and honey toast with a waft of lemon peel. The palate is medium-bodied with appealing freshness and plenty of spicy stone fruit and apple flavors, finishing on a honey-nut note. 508 cases produced."
- Item #: i_219890Bottle Size: 750mlPellegrini's Olivet Lane Vineyard was planted in 1975 to Wente selection on AXR roostock. The vineyard sits on 65 acres of sloping benchland in the Santa Rosa Plain, in between the warmer Westside Road region andthe cooler Green Valley, where warm sunny days are moderated by cool breezes and chilly evening temperatures. The combination of low temperature, regular fog intrusion and well-drained loam, clay soils create an excellent environment for growing Chardonnay that develop cool-climate characteristics and impeccable acid at fairly low sugars. The wines from this vineyard simultaneously express power and finess, and they do so with tremendous balance.
This Chardonnay is a pure expression of penetrating acidity moderated by layers of rich, velvety baking spices with crisp apple and citrus notes throughout. The bouquet unravels decadent aromas of shortbread, French vanilla beans and apricot Tarte Tatin, with hints of vibrant lemon zest. The warm and spicy nose paves the way for a more lean and mineral driven palate with exuberant citrus and lemon merengue pie. It slowly opens up to underlying tones of white tea, fresh kumquats and lemongrass. The complex nature of this wine keeps drinkers on their toes, while the impeccable structure is perfect for cellaring for many years to come.
- Item #: i_219950Bottle Size: 750mlThis blend marries eight vineyards from around the Russian River Valley, taking advantage of varied climates and unique site characteristics to create a rich and complex wine. The Hop Kiln, Rochioli, and Bacigalupi vineyards are located in the Middle Reach Subdivision, where close proximity to the river awards foggy mornings, warm and sunny days, and cool nights. The Toboni and Nonella vineyards are located in the Santa Rosa Plain, a distinctly cooler and foggier sub-region, and the Hallberg and Dutton sites within the Green Valley sub-appellation exibit even more extreme and cooler conditions.
This beautiful Pinot Noir displays the qualities of an exceptional, yet small vintage, expressing purity of place, boasting aromas of ripe Bing cherry, juicy raspberry and tangerine zest, with hints of underbrush and dried herbs from the whole-cluster inclusion. Flavors of wild berry, rosemary, black tea and rose petal unfold on the palate, followed by hints of cedar box that acentuate the rich fruit flavors. The fine-grained, slightly firm tannins develop into a soft, velvety finish, complemented by mouthwatering, vibrant acidity.