- Item #: i_207100Bottle Size: 750MLIf you have enjoyed the prior "vintages" of Cain Cuvee, you will love the NV15. Those of you who have followed Cain Cuvee know that it is not your typical Napa red wine; no big, inky, oaky blockbuster here. Cain Cuvee is intended to sit lightly, refreshingly (dare we say, lovingly?) on your palate. There is all the fruit that you could want, but the Cain Cuvee is not fruit juice. It is, most assuredly, fine wine for serious wine-lovers who value complexity, balance and finish. The Cain Cuvee is for those who know that wine doesnet have to be big to be good.
- Item #: i_275157Bottle Size: 750MLWinemaker's Notes - In keeping with the traditional method, we add a small amount of red wine (Pinot Noir) prior to tirage to create the distinctive salmon color with copper hues. The wine's aroma is rich yet elegant with strawberry and red currant fruit layered over notes of nutmeg and cocoa. A bold, yet refined palate structure characterizes this wine with subtle but persistent flavors of raspberry and French toast. The wine finishes with excellent length and richness that will stand up to a variety of foods
- Item #: i_275982Bottle Size: 750mlThis long-time pet project of winemaker Jenny Wagner is finally making its commercial debut. No professional reviews as of yet. However we will say that fans of toasty old school Champagnes will be pleasantly surprised by this fascinating New World bubbly. It is a blend of 56% Chardonnay and 44% Pinot Noir grapes sourced from Sonoma County (51%), Santa Barbara County (47%), and Monterey County (2%).
- Item #: i_232740Bottle Size: 750MLCONNOISSEUR'S GUIDE TO CALIFORNIA WINE 91 POINTS - "This frothy, crisply balanced bubbly places the accent on freshness and grace even while showing a trace of proper Rose grip. It ends with a slight lemony lift at the finish, yet its fix on fruit is tenacious, and its prospects for successful service with sundry rich seafoods and light poultry dishes are as sure as sure gets. Ever since 1986, when Judy Jordan founded J Vineyards, her sparkling and still wines have achieved an enviable critical and commercial track record. The reason for this success is simply that over these many years J wines have delivered remarkably consistent quality fashioned around an elegant "house" style, which vividly expresses the essence of their Russian River Valleyterroir. Think strawberries and créme fraiche in the nose while the palate rolls out more strawberry impressions along with undertones of flambéed black cherries with hints of peach pits and citrus emerging in the mouth-watering finish. An awesome brunch bubbly or patio-quaffer to be sure."
- Item #: i_275680Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleBootlegger is an exceptional wine done in the traditional solera style used in the making of fine cream sherries. The solera system of fractional blending is used to maintain the consistency and style of the wine from year to year. For this reason, wines from the solera are non-vintage and each bottle has some wine in it from every year that the wine has been produced. Our version is layered with rich hints of peaches and pears combines with a hint of hazelnut.
- Item #: i_278262Bottle Size: 750mlWINE MAKERS'S TASTING NORES-"Fragrant aromas of red apple and pear are complemented with hints of hazelnut, brioche bread, mineral and Meyer lemon notes. On the palate, apple fruit, nut, and light strawberry flavors are balanced with Sonoma- Cutrer’s signature acidity. This sparkler is a perfect pairing with goat cheese, fruit tarts or fresh oysters with salmon caviar.
PRODUCTION NOTES -This, the winery's first ever bubbly, is a blend of 60% Chardonnay 40% Pinot Noir from the estate's Vine Hill and Owsley vineyards. Vine Hill Ranch has more than a 400-ft. elevation change that allows each ridge, slope, and valley in the vineyard to contribute unique characteristics to the grapes. Owsley Vineyard is made up of 90 total acres. It is the closest Sonoma-Cutrer property to the Pacific Ocean and is highly influenced by the cold fog that comes through the Bloomfield Gap. This location gives the vines exposure to dramatic temperature changes from warm days to cool, foggy nights. Combined with Goldridge sandy loam soil, clones and rootstocks that limit excessive vine growth, thus Owsley provides a beautiful variety of elegant Pinot Noir fruit. Grapes for this wine were picked by hand at night and placed into small bins before being hand-sorted and whole cluster pressed. Careful attention was given to lightly pressing the berries to yield a juice that presented both a delicate color and bright, fruit characteristics. The juice was then fermented in stainless steel prior to tirage bottling in January of 2015. The wine rested en tirage until being disgorged June, 2018 with dosage of 12 grams/liter.