- Item #: i_275982Bottle Size: 750mlThis long-time pet project of winemaker Jenny Wagner is finally making its commercial debut. No professional reviews as of yet. However we will say that fans of toasty old school Champagnes will be pleasantly surprised by this fascinating New World bubbly. It is a blend of 56% Chardonnay and 44% Pinot Noir grapes sourced from Sonoma County (51%), Santa Barbara County (47%), and Monterey County (2%).
- Item #: i_276411Bottle Size: 750MLWine Enthusiast: 95 Points#28 ENTHUSIAST 100 2019
WINE ENTHUSIAST 95 POINTS
" A blend of 72% Pinot Noir and 28% Chardonnay, this is a stunning vintage of the perennially impressive sparkler. Nutty and earthy, it sings in strawberry, wet stone and rose petal. The palate offers a lively mousse and persistent acidity, making it vibrant and easy to enjoy."
- Item #: i_276658Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE ENTHUSIAST 92 POINTS - "A majority of Pinot Noir in this blend doesn't overshadow the Chardonnay's sentiments of baked apple, hazelnut and creme brulee. Warm and savory, the mousse is also dry, crisp and buoyant, balanced and elegant in the end, making for a complete wine with a lengthy finish."
- Item #: i_268741Bottle Size: 750MLWine Enthusiast: 94 Points2015 Ocean Reserve Blanc de Blancs is a special, limited edition, vintage Blanc de Blancs. Iron Horse gives $4 a bottle to National Geographic’s Ocean Initiative, establishing marine protected areas and supporting sustainable fishing practices around the globe.
- Item #: i_278262Bottle Size: 750mlWINE MAKERS'S TASTING NORES-"Fragrant aromas of red apple and pear are complemented with hints of hazelnut, brioche bread, mineral and Meyer lemon notes. On the palate, apple fruit, nut, and light strawberry flavors are balanced with Sonoma- Cutrer’s signature acidity. This sparkler is a perfect pairing with goat cheese, fruit tarts or fresh oysters with salmon caviar.
PRODUCTION NOTES -This, the winery's first ever bubbly, is a blend of 60% Chardonnay 40% Pinot Noir from the estate's Vine Hill and Owsley vineyards. Vine Hill Ranch has more than a 400-ft. elevation change that allows each ridge, slope, and valley in the vineyard to contribute unique characteristics to the grapes. Owsley Vineyard is made up of 90 total acres. It is the closest Sonoma-Cutrer property to the Pacific Ocean and is highly influenced by the cold fog that comes through the Bloomfield Gap. This location gives the vines exposure to dramatic temperature changes from warm days to cool, foggy nights. Combined with Goldridge sandy loam soil, clones and rootstocks that limit excessive vine growth, thus Owsley provides a beautiful variety of elegant Pinot Noir fruit. Grapes for this wine were picked by hand at night and placed into small bins before being hand-sorted and whole cluster pressed. Careful attention was given to lightly pressing the berries to yield a juice that presented both a delicate color and bright, fruit characteristics. The juice was then fermented in stainless steel prior to tirage bottling in January of 2015. The wine rested en tirage until being disgorged June, 2018 with dosage of 12 grams/liter.