- Item #: i_214330Bottle Size: 750mlAnybody who has walked into our store asking for a great Cabernet recommendation has sure heard us talking up the Desparada wines from winemaker Valia Esh. Valia is a lady who has managed to understand winemaking quicker and with more detail than many other winemakers...to a point where others are jealous! This year's Soothsayer is comprised of 44% Barbera, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 16% nebbiolo from Spanish Springs, Star Lane, Luna Matta, and Chelle Mountain.
- Item #: i_228020Bottle Size: 750MLCabernet Sauvignon is Halter Ranch's most widely planted varietal with over one-hundred acres under vine. The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon possesses a classic profile with aromas of red and black currants and graphite. Bright and fresh on the palate, this wine has flavors of red fruits and black cherries. A balanced mid-palate and well-integrated tannins lead to a long seamless finish. Delicious now, this wine will continue to develop for years to come. Pair with wood-fired pizza, braised game, and roasted or grilled meats.
- Item #: i_230190Bottle Size: 750MLMichael and James Stewart have teamed up with world-renowned winemaker Paul Hobbs to craft noteworthy Cabernet Sauvignons, Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays from California. The wines have become favorites with both customers and staff; a few years ago they came out with Hollis-- a second label to showcase their house style at a more affordable price.
Fruit forward, well balanced, with well integrated French oak, this wine is sure to be a crowd pleaser. With fruit sourced from Max Vineyard, Hollis is crafted with the help of their consulting winemaker, Paul Hobbs.
- Item #: i_208515Bottle Size: 375mlJeb Dunnuck: 93 Points**Please note, this is a half sized bottleJEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate showed beautifully, with gorgeous notes of cassis, crushed violets, graphite, and lead pencil all emerging from the glass. Showing plenty of richness and depth, medium to full body, good acidity, and plenty of firm tannins, it's not a blockbuster, but it has the balance and class to evolve for 15 years or more. The blend is 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 21% Merlot, 3% Cabernet Franc, and the rest Petit Verdot."
- Item #: i_264440Bottle Size: 750mlRich, vibrant purple and red hues are present in this wine. Blackberry and ripe currant aromas combine with black pepper, anise, toasted oak and smoky roasted mocha. Flavors of black plum and cassis complement flavors of roasted coffee bean and licorice. This is a structured Cabernet Sauvignon with fine texture, length, flavor and style.
- Item #: i_271610Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsWashington State is a great place to grow Cabernet. Stylistically, the wines tend to strike a balance between the structured, mineral-driven style of Bordeaux and the luscious, juicier style of California. Woodward Canyon is one of those wineries from Washington State that epitomizes this style, and has received high scores from critics to boot!
Woodward Canyon’s goal is to create complex and refined wines that show their very best when served with food; therefore, the wines strive to be structured and compelling, rather than over extracted and tiresome. Woodward Canyon practices sustainable farming for all their vineyards. While they do not grow enough grapes on their estate property to meet their demand, they do source from a few vineyards in Columbia Valley who share their passion for sustainability, most notably the Champoux Vineyard!
JEB DUNNUCK 94+ POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Artist Series checks in as 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 13% Cabernet Franc, and 1% each of Petit Verdot and Merlot, aged in 58% new French oak. Rock star notes of pure cassis and spiced red plums are intermixed with lots of cedar pencil, leafy herbs, chocolate, and spring flower aromas on the nose. These all carry over to the palate, where the wine is full-bodied, concentrated, and structured, with ripe, polished yet building tannins that emerge on the finish. As with the other 2017s here, the cellar will be your friend, and it's going to reward 4-5 years of bottle age. It's going to have 25+ years of longevity."