- Item #: i_200510Bottle Size: 750mlII is the culmination of the two worlds, the Alpha and the Omega, the Old World and the New World. Winemakers, Jean Hoefliger and Michel Rolland worked to create a wine that is not only opulent, fruit forward and generous, but also has the backbone of European acidity and elegance. A reflection of both worlds, II is a wine that is built to be approachable, both in taste and price, and consumed early.
A blend of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 23% Merlot, and 12% Cabernet Franc, this wine had a deep, dark Cornell red color with some geranium and garnet on the rim. The nose expresses a beautiful balance between spices, such as cinnamon and thyme, and fruit, such as cherries and raspberries, with tobacco leaf, cedar, caramel and hibiscus. The palate possesses integrated tannins with beautiful chocolate notes and pipe tobacco with strawberry jam, cantaloupe and lilac.
- Item #: i_205880Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsBootleg Red is a new production by Jackson Family Wine Collection; these are the people who own and produce awesome estate wines like Freemark Abbey, La Jota, and StoneStreet just to name a few. Trust us; there are too many "household" names you would recognize for us to list them all but you now have an idea of the quality they bring to the table.
This offering is their entry to the California "Red" category, a section of the domestic wine industry that has seen tremendous growth with labels such as "The Prisoner" becoming brands that everyone who drinks California wine has heard of. In terms of sales this category is as hot as Cabernet Sauvignon! This particular wine is a blend of 37% Merlot, 33% Petit Sirah, and 30% Syrah.
So what sets this apart from other blends and why should you try it? Fruit sources; using Vineyards they own, the Jackson Family sourced grapes from prestigious sub-AVAs within Napa like Yountville, Howell Mountain, and Mt Veeder, with the balance of fruit (18%) coming from their Mendocino Vineyards. The blending components going into this Red comes from outstanding vineyards of whom we all love. Plain and simple, you have outstanding winegrowing, winemaking and wine-blending with Bootleg Red!
JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS! "It reveals a healthy purple color as well as a terrific bouquet of sweet creme de cassis, toasted bread, Asian spices, lavender, and dried herbs. With a fabulous texture, full body, notable purity of fruit, and a rich yet graceful style on the palate, it's one seriously hedonistic yet balanced, complex red that knocks it out of the park. Drink this rocking little gem any time over the coming 4-6 years. (I wouldn't be surprised to see it keep longer.)"
- Item #: i_206430Bottle Size: 750mlSituated in the mountains above Conn Valley and near the base of Howell Mountain, the Buehler Estate vineyards are planted primarily to Cabernet Sauvignon. The juxtaposed topography of steeply sloped hillsides with eastern exposures against very gently sloping hills with southern and southwestern exposures hints at the tumultuous geologic past of the Estate; extensive faulting resulted in at least three distinct soil types. Not surprisingly, grapes grown on the different soils give different characteristics to the finished wines; these differences are often as great as the differences across various Bordeaux varieties and allow Buehler to blend within the variety of Cabernet Sauvignon to craft a truly multi-faceted Estate wine.
The aromas hint at black fruit: ripe black cherries and black plums. Enticing barrel qualities of cola and spice complement the fruit aromas. On the palate, the wine shows layers of deeply extracted flavors that only mature hillside vineyards can render. Buehler's Estate Cabernet is the most age-worthy wine they produce and may be enjoyed anytime over the next 15 years.
- Item #: i_212030Bottle Size: 750MLOnce in the glass, the Clos Pegase Estate Cabernet Sauvignon reflects an opaque dark purple core. As the aromatics waft towards the nose, they deliver generous layers of cassis, antique wood, cigar box and black currant. On the palate, brooding dark fruits give way to briar, black currant and forest floor. More subtle notes of graphite, wet clay and seasoned leather, transition across the palate. The tannins are nicely balanced by the lush fruits which are in-turn kept fresh by the crisp acidity. This Cabernet Sauvignon continues to evolve on the palate showing depth and complexity with a lengthy finish.
- Item #: i_212610Bottle Size: 750MLFor more than 40 years, Conn Creek Winery has focused on Cabernet Sauvignon. In search of the best Cabernet Sauvignon, they've discovered many exceptional single-vineyard sites throughout Napa Valley. Today, Conn Creek sources fruit from those prized vineyards in nearly all of Napa Valley's diverse sub-appellations, such as St. Helena, Yountville, Oakville, Calistoga, Mt. Veeder, and Howell Mountain, to provide winemaker Mike McGrath with an unparalleled palette from which to blend each wine. It's an approach that captures the "Best of Napa Valley."
Concentrated cranberry and raspberry notes with underlying cigar box notes. Mouthfeel consists of broad, full tannins with a touch of black pepper on the finish.
- Item #: i_232380Bottle Size: 750mlJamieson Ranch Vineyards is the southernmost winery in the Napa Valley. The property's rolling hillsides and vineyards were formerly Part of General Mariano Vallejo's Rancho Suscol in the mid-1800's. Today, the ranching tradition continues with cattle grazing the hillsides, an apiary, and of course, prime vineyards. The soils are clay loam, which means the grapes will help give rich fruit profiles to the finished wine. Also, the excellent water drainage in the ground means smaller berries which helps to intensify color, aromas, and flavors. Combine this with the owners being good stewards of the land, along with the help of a fantastic winemaking, and you have some of the ingredients for producing amazing wine!
Most of the southern portion of the Napa Valley tends to be on the cool side, and prime location for grapes such as Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. But there are some warm pockets here-and-there where Bordeaux varietals like Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot thrive just as well as the rest of the valley. Jamieson Ranch sits in one of those pockets, and boy have they hit a home run with their Double Lariat Cabernet!
- Item #: i_240110Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+The Louis Martini winery has been crafting world-class Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa and Sonoma's finest vineyards since 1933. Founder Louis M. Martini started with this simple premise: the best grapes make the best wines. Today, this tradition carries on at their historic winery in the Napa Valley with a range of unforgettable Cabernet Sauvignon wines.
The Louis M. Martini winery is one of the original five Napa wineries founded in 1933 after Prohibition. In keeping with Louis' tradition of innovation, they pioneered the use of temperature controlled fermentation, the use of wind machines to combat frost damage, as well as studying clonal selections on specific terroirs. All of which have become industry standards.
Since then, the Louis Martini winery has gone from one level of greatness to the next. Robert M. Parker, Jr. tweeted that Martini's Sonoma Cabernet is among the best Cabernets in the world among its peers, their Lot 1 Cabernet Sauvignon has earned the perfect 100-point score, and now, their Napa Valley bottling has been one of the biggest hits in our store for the dollar!
ROBERT PARKER's WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon is made up of 84% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Petite Sirah, 5% Petit Verdot, 1% Merlot and 1% Malbec, aged in 30% new French and American oak. Deep garnet-purple colored, it gives up bold notions of cassis, black cherries and spice box with hints of cedar and fragrant earth. The palate is medium to full-bodied, firm and grainy with loads of muscular fruit accented by a notable but not overwhelming oaky presence, going to a long, layered finish. 38,000 cases produced."
- Item #: i_241870Bottle Size: 750mlNamed in honor of Rolando Herrera's Father and their ancestral hometown in Michoacan, Mexico, "La Chole" is a blend of Syrah, Malbec, and a touch of Cabernet Sauvignon. Napa Valley's "sweet spot," fruit from the Oak Knoll AVA ripens slowly, maintaining freshness and aroma lift, while developing a soft mouthfeel with balanced alcohol and acidity. The Coombsville AVA lends soft but significant tannins, which provide excellent structure and mouthfeel, along with underlying layers of earth and mineral flavors. Approachable yet, sophisticated and layered.
Harmony in a glass, the bouquet has wisps of vanilla and caramel with ripe red fruits, violets, dried roses, white pepper, espresso, and coffee. Silky and elegant on the palate, the well-balanced flavors of black cherry, dried fig, and ripe plums, along with a kiss of oak, seamlessly integrate and carry though to the lingering finish.
- Item #: i_252050Bottle Size: 750MLThe expansive aromas and flavors of Provenance Vineyards Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon are filled with brambly blackberry, dark plum, black cherry and cassis character. Hints of clove, black pepper and mocha add warmth to the aromas, while toffee and hazelnut notes from oak aging linger on the dark-fruit palate. Cocoa powder tannins, a signature of Rutherford terroir, firmly frame the generous, mouth-filling flavors.
- Item #: i_252850Bottle Size: 750mlWine maker - Our Claret follows the Bordelaise model of blending different Bordeaux varietals. Malolactic fermentation is completed in barrel, and the blend is assembled early so it is “elevated” as the finished wine. Our 2016 Claret rested on its lees twelve months in French & American oak barrels, only 13% new, with monthly bâtonnage to coat the tannins, producing a luscious, cushioned mouthfeel. This wine was lightly fined with egg whites and bottled without filtration in February 2018.This soft, easy-drinking Cabernet is a good introduction to the vintage, and while it will improve over the course of three to eight years, it is not a wine intended for long-term cellaring.
- Item #: i_266520Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "Lisa Valtenbergs turned out a superb set of wines at Stonestreet. The Chardonnays are outstanding, but this year, I was especially impressed with the Cabernets, which seem less pushed than in the past. Perhaps that is a reflection of the very high quality of the 2016 vintage, or maybe there is a slight move towards a more nuanced style. Time will tell. Either way, the 2016 Cabernets are fabulous, and also some of the very finest wines I have tasted here."
"The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate is a gorgeous entry-level wine in this range from Stonestreet. A whole range of floral and savory notes give the Estate aromatic nuance to play off a core of vibrant red fruit. Medium in body and impeccably polished, the 2016 is flat-out delicious, even in the early going. "
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "Moving to the reds, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate (100% Cabernet Sauvignon aged 19 months in 37% new French oak) offers impressive notes of tobacco leaf, damp earth, cedar, and blackcurrants. It's look-alike for a top Bordeaux, has nicely integrated acidity, plenty of tannins, and is going to keep for over a decade."
- Item #: i_267510Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "Opaque ruby-purple, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate offers cassis, crushed blackberries, bitter chocolate and tobacco leaf with nuances of green bell pepper, red cherries and well-woven sweet spice. The full-bodied palate offers great fruit intensity and a firm but ripe frame, with good freshness matched by an herbal lift on the finish. 1,600 cases produced."
- Item #: i_269800Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of 75% Cabernet Sauvignon and 25% Syrah, the 2015 Treana Red is a deeply colored wine with a purple-black core that fades to a ruby rim. Intense aromas of freshly picked blackberries, muddled black and red currants, along with dried cranberries give way to underlying tones of dried rose petals, violets, potpourri and clove, while caramelized oak notes are spiced by a hint of cinnamon. A velvety rush of ripe blackberries and pomegranate fruits envelop the palate, while subtle nuances of baking spices, cocoa powder and dried vanilla beans add to the wine's complexity. Full bodied and rich with a beautifully balanced acidity, Treana Red will age gracefully for 10 -15 years.