- Item #: i_201100Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92This appellation is widely described as "sprawling" as it encompasses half or more of the county. Anthill Farms' fruit comes from two of the coolest, most coastal parts of this appellation: the low coast, west of Sebastopol on the edge of the Petaluma Gap; and the high coast, the first or second ridge inland from the ocean farther to the north. These sites are united by the direct influence of the Pacific's cool, marine air, delaying ripening well into October.
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast) is a pretty big, dark wine relative to prior editions. Dark cherry, plum, lavender, sage, spice and menthol shape this brooding appellation-level Pinot from Anthill Farms. Readers will find an especially potent, virile Pinot with tons of character."
- Item #: i_213980Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Jeb Dunnuck: 90This wine is Paul Hobbs' companion label that complements his eponymous line of wines. This Pinot Noir was produced using hand-harvested fruit from carefully selected vineyards within the Sonoma Coast region, and receives the same techniques as its big sister.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "Medium ruby, the 2018 Pinot Noir is made with about 72% estate fruit and very little oak. It's a fresh style with open-knit aromas of roast cranberry and rhubarb with touches of dried leaves, soil and tar. The palate is medium-bodied, bright and juicy with good concentration and spiciness and a lifted finish. Enjoy it over the next two to three years. 19,500 cases produced."
JEB DUNNUCK 90 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast comes from multiple sites on the Sonoma Coast and saw a touch of stems and 9 months on lees in 11% new French oak. Its ruby hue gives way to a pretty, strawberry, spice, and brambly, forest floor-laced Pinot Noir that has good acidity, plenty of sweet fruit, no hard edges, and a clean finish. It's well worth seeking out."
- Item #: i_218920Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93Mount Richmond sits at 300-500 feet elevation, lower than the vineyards planted at the winery, which allows for earlier ripening. Planted in a high-density format (2100 vines/acre), similar to Roosevelt, Mount Richmond sits in rolling hills just outside the town of Yamhill just East of the Coast Range Mountains. In addition to the old vine pommard selection, planted from select cuttings off of Roosevelt Vineyard, the blend now also includes equal parts of Dijon clones 115 and 777.
Fruit from Mount Richmond is fermented in small, temperature controlled steel tanks, hand punched down twice daily, and barreled in 50% new french oak barrels. After 10 months of aging in barrels, only the barrels that are most representative of the Mount Richmond profile are carefully blended to create a big, luscious Oregon Pinot Noir
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "Saturated crimson. Powerful, smoke- and spice-tinged cherry and blueberry qualities on the nose, along with building floral and vanilla nuances. Musky underbrush and licorice notes emerge with air and carry onto the palate, which offers bitter cherry, blue fruit, spicecake and floral pastille flavors. A sweeter cola note pops up on the impressively long, youthfully tannic finish, which echoes the cherry and floral nuances."
- Item #: i_275597Bottle Size: 750mlMartinelli's Bella Vigna label is curated from all of their estate vineyards in the Sonoma Coast appellation. They wanted to create an appellation blend that reflects the characteristics of their Sonoma Coast vineyards and is still true to our Martinelli style. Bella Vigna translates to "Beautiful Vines", so their winemaking team chose barrels that best denote the flavor profiles of their vineyards, showcasing how beautiful the fruit from the Sonoma Coast can be. The 2018 Bella Vigna Pinot Noir has a nose of dried cherry, licorice, and blueberry and ripe flavors of mouth-coating strawberry and dried cherry.
- Item #: i_277550Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 90The Willamette Valley Pinot Noir from Resonance is sourced from both estate vineyards (Resonance and Decouverte Vineyards) and top vineyards in the Willamette Valley. The wine showcases the absolute best of the Willamette Valley, and elegantly blends Maison Louis Jadot's winemaking with the Willamette Valley's signature terroir.
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 90 POINTS - "Shimmering ruby. Smoky, spice-tinged black raspberry and cherry aromas carry a subtle floral topnote. Lively dark fruit and floral pastille flavors are deepened by a licorice nuance and a hint of bitter chocolate. Silky in texture and appealingly sweet, finishing with sharp focus and spicy persistence. 20% new French oak."