- Item #: i_201480Bottle Size: 750mlWhile he has become known for his insanely delicious Petite Sirahs from Paso Robles, winemaker Aaron Jackson has recently expanded his portfolio and added some new flavors! AEQUOREA - which means "of the sea" in Latin - is focused on single vineyard wines from extreme coastal vineyards amidst San Luis Obispo County.
Making Viognier is always such a challenge for Aaron, in that he aims for a style so much different than what is typically produced in California. Instead, he strives to make a Viognier that showcases what can be done with the variety on the extremes of the coast where it struggles to ripen. At only 2 miles from the ocean in Pismo Beach, Spanish Springs is on the edge of where Viognier can be grown. Super aromatic, floral, and loaded with brightness and minerality, the 2018 features a racy profile of white stone fruit, snappy citrus, freshly cut pineapple, and an amazing finish. The strong beam of natural acidity gives it freshness for days.
- Item #: i_216310Bottle Size: 750mlMount Eden has a long and glorious history. Originally planted by a man named Martin Ray, many of the original Mount Eden Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays are some of the best renditions California has ever produced! Flash-forward to the present, and the wines are just as good as they always were. In addition to their estate wines, they produce a second wine called Domaine Eden. Sourced from a well-maintained vineyard just one mile away from their estate, Mount Eden utilizes the same exacting methods for their estate wines: natural indigenous fermentations (both primary and secondary), French Burgundy barrels, no fining, filtration or any other manipulation. This bottling is bigger and more full-bodied than its more expensive sibling, but is still distinctively Burgundian in its profile.
- Item #: i_275982Bottle Size: 750mlThis long-time pet project of winemaker Jenny Wagner is finally making its commercial debut. No professional reviews as of yet. However we will say that fans of toasty old school Champagnes will be pleasantly surprised by this fascinating New World bubbly. It is a blend of 56% Chardonnay and 44% Pinot Noir grapes sourced from Sonoma County (51%), Santa Barbara County (47%), and Monterey County (2%).
- Item #: i_248070Bottle Size: 750MLOrin Swift considers this wine to be the culmination of a thirteen-year process. From 2000-2012 Dave Phinney spent countless hours in the vineyards and in blending trials working to perfect The Prisoner. He has taken all that knowledge, both the trials and tribulations, and diligently applied it to Abstract. With The Prisoner chapter of winemaking behind him, orin Swift feels as if a natural progression has been made and an evolution has occurred. Orin Swift's ongoing pursuit of choice vineyards throughout California resulted in some extraordinary Grenache, along with exquisite Petit Sirah, and Syrah that was assembled together into an artful collage both in and outside of the bottle.
Aromatics with gravity, the wine pulls you in with notes of blueberry, black fig, bloodied strawberry and hints of musk and rhubarb. Bold on the entry, the palate exudes rich notes of dark plum and ripe framboise with a slightly chalky texture. The wine transitions effortlessly to a finish of black cherry, sweet licorice and some quick drying tannins.
- Item #: i_255190Bottle Size: 750MLComing from several key vineyards in the Sierra Foothills and other regions in Northern California, this juicy, jammy Zinfandel is deep purple in color with powerful aromas of wild berries, clove and plum that emerge from the glass. Luscious, juicy layers of black cherry, blackberry and boysenberry integrate with nuances of allspice and burst on the palate. The berry flavors linger for an extended finish.