- Item #: i_201100Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92This appellation is widely described as "sprawling" as it encompasses half or more of the county. Anthill Farms' fruit comes from two of the coolest, most coastal parts of this appellation: the low coast, west of Sebastopol on the edge of the Petaluma Gap; and the high coast, the first or second ridge inland from the ocean farther to the north. These sites are united by the direct influence of the Pacific's cool, marine air, delaying ripening well into October.
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast) is a pretty big, dark wine relative to prior editions. Dark cherry, plum, lavender, sage, spice and menthol shape this brooding appellation-level Pinot from Anthill Farms. Readers will find an especially potent, virile Pinot with tons of character."
- Item #: i_213980Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Jeb Dunnuck: 90This wine is Paul Hobbs' companion label that complements his eponymous line of wines. This Pinot Noir was produced using hand-harvested fruit from carefully selected vineyards within the Sonoma Coast region, and receives the same techniques as its big sister.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "Medium ruby, the 2018 Pinot Noir is made with about 72% estate fruit and very little oak. It's a fresh style with open-knit aromas of roast cranberry and rhubarb with touches of dried leaves, soil and tar. The palate is medium-bodied, bright and juicy with good concentration and spiciness and a lifted finish. Enjoy it over the next two to three years. 19,500 cases produced."
JEB DUNNUCK 90 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast comes from multiple sites on the Sonoma Coast and saw a touch of stems and 9 months on lees in 11% new French oak. Its ruby hue gives way to a pretty, strawberry, spice, and brambly, forest floor-laced Pinot Noir that has good acidity, plenty of sweet fruit, no hard edges, and a clean finish. It's well worth seeking out."
- Item #: i_228810Bottle Size: 750MLHartford Family Winery began back in 1994 by Don and Jennifer Hartford. Since their inaugural release in 1996, Hartford has continued to produce wines with lots of personality and charisma. The single vineyard wines they produce range from as little as 90 to 800 cases and receive high accolades from the top wine critics. The Old Vine Zinfandel is produced from true old vines planted 80-100 years ago from some of California's oldest Zinfandel vineyards.
- Item #: i_254500Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 95JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "A wine that always delivers, the 2018 Geyserville from Ridge comes all from a single vineyard in the Alexander Valley and checks in as 68% Zinfandel, 20% Carignane, 10% Petite Sirah, and the rest Alicante Bouschet. It has a big, cedary bouquet of red and black plums, sandalwood, potpourri, and Asian spices that develops and fills out nicely with time in the glass. This carries to a more medium-bodied Zinfandel that has wonderful purity of fruit, present yet ripe tannins, flawless balance, and a great, great finish. This structured yet ethereal example of this cuvee ranks with the finest vintages to date. Drink it any time over the coming 10-15 years."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS -"Robust yet brooding, with multilayered black plum, licorice and Asian five-spice powder flavors that build richness toward big, briary tannins. Zinfandel, Carignane, Petite Sirah and Alicante Bouschet. Best from 2022 through 2030"
- Item #: i_268570Bottle Size: 750mlMouthwatering and luscious, with intoxicating aromatics of melon, nectarines, white peaches and honeysuckle. The unique mix of oak barrels and native yeast add to the richness and complexity of this wine at the same time lifting the purity of the fruit and brightness of the wine. Tangerine, creme brulee and hints of ripe kiwi come together with a long bright finish.