- Item #: i_201100Bottle Size: 750mlThis appellation is widely described as "sprawling" as it encompasses half or more of the county. Anthill Farms' fruit comes from two of the coolest, most coastal parts of this appellation: the low coast, west of Sebastopol on the edge of the Petaluma Gap; and the high coast, the first or second ridge inland from the ocean farther to the north. These sites are united by the direct influence of the Pacific's cool, marine air, delaying ripening well into October.
- Item #: i_201510Bottle Size: 750mlMaple Vineyards contains 27 acres of exceptional head-trained zinfandel, on the high bench land in the heart of Dry Creek Valley. The oldest block was planted in 1910, linking Armida's current wines to the rich history and traditions of the early immigrants of Dry Creek Valley. David Rafanelli continues these traditional, labor intensive farming techniques today, personally managing the farming as did Tom and Tina Maple before him. The sandy-loam riverbed soil has incredible drainage, allowing all nutrients and rains to reach down to the deep roots. The old-vines aren't irrigated, causing a high level of stress on the vines before harvest, creating small grapes with big flavors, and continues the decades long practice of sustainability for Maple Vineyard.
The inky-indigo color suggests the depth of flavors to follow. Wild blackberry, dried cranberry and brown sugar aromas tickle your nose. Hints of cedar and cinnamon tease and meld effortlessly with the vibrant fruit flavors. The wine begins with a lush soft entry bringing fresh tart cherries and raspberry jam into focus, then follows with boisterous red current. The seductive finish isn't cloying and sweet, but rather refined, lush and succulent, and the integrated tannins and great balance of savory and spice will continue to gain in complexity over the next fifteen years.
- Item #: i_200500Bottle Size: 750mlThe focus of this two person operation is on small lot, single vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Chardonnay, as well as several other varieties uncommon in Northern Californian vineyards. Sites are carefully chosen and are generally on the cooler end of the spectrum for the planted varieties. Collaboration with dedicated and passionate growers is paramount in the farming of these sites.
Duncan and Nathan grew up around winemaking in the Napa Valley. Nathan is a second generation cooper and personally builds all of the French oak barrels that are utilized in the ageing of all Arnot-Roberts wines. Over the years Duncan has worked making wine in the Napa Valley in wineries like, Caymus, Groth, Acacia, Kongsgaard. Total production of Arnot-Roberts is around 2,000 cases per year with thirteen individual wines.
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "Duncan Arnot describes 2017 as a year with a longer growing season than 2016, which goes to show how different the growing season was in Sonoma relative to Napa Valley, which so often tends to dominate the discussion of California wines. In tasting, the 2017s here all show terrific energy and complexity. Moreover, the combination of intense summer heat and the cooler sites Arnot and Nathan Roberts favor, yielded a set of positively stunning wines. The 2017 Syrahs in particular are off the charts."
"The 2017 Syrah (Sonoma Coast) is a gorgeous wine and a huge overachiever in its peer group. Bright red cherry and plum fruit, rose petal, lavender and spice abound in this super-expressive, pliant Syrah. The purity of the flavors is simply remarkable. Medium in body, gracious and beautifully perfumed, the 2017 is a rock-star wine."
- Item #: i_277784Bottle Size: 750MLThe name Rocky Reserve comes from the deep red, rocky soils of the Florence Vineyard, 1400 feet above Lake Sonoma and Dry Creek Valley. This is a more elegant and restrained Zin, worthy of five or more years of cellaring, though it is packed with fragrant black and blue berry fruits.Nice dark-red in color, big blueberry-blackberry fruit, spicy-chocolatey oak, nicely focused acidity enhances mineral flavors, elegantly structured tannins for aging, super plush long finish!
- Item #: i_210160Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Estate is scented of ripe Bosc pears, fresh apple slices and nutmeg with hints of peach kernels, lightly browned toast and struck flint. Medium to full-bodied, the palate offers plenty of apple and pear goodness, with a satiny texture and lively line, finishing creamy."
- Item #: i_213980Bottle Size: 750MLThis wine is Paul Hobbs' companion label that complements his eponymous line of wines. This Pinot Noir was produced using hand-harvested fruit from carefully selected vineyards within the Sonoma Coast region, and receives the same techniques as its big sister. Pomegranate violet in color, this wine has aromas of wild red raspberries, strawberries and pomegranate, fresh herbs thyme/sage, forest floor and hibiscus tea. The flavors are fresh and juicy, showing red cherries, raspberries, with a coolness of rhubarb, black tea spice. Graceful polished tannins throughout the palate lead to a long savory finish.
- Item #: i_232890Bottle Size: 750mlNamed for the old grist mill that was found on the property, Grist sits pretty at 1000 ft. elevation on Bradford Mountain in the Dry Creek Valley AVA. The site was originally planted 100 years ago, and has since been replanted in the early 1970s. Farming here is CCOF Organic. The 58 acres under vine are head trained and cane pruned, and have spectacular views of the fog line driving in 15 miles west from the Pacific Ocean. Between Grist and the beachfront lie 15 miles of mountain lions, deer, and unspoiled forest.
- Item #: i_220610Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 91 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "Made in relatively good quantities, the 2017 Chardonnay Sonoma Coast is a beautiful, medium-bodied, charming effort that’s loaded with notions of apple blossom, honeysuckle, spice, and just a touch of minerality. It has terrific purity of fruit and is a gem of a wine to enjoy over the coming 4-6 years or so. It’s also a great introduction to the style of the estate. "
- Item #: i_220590Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90ROBERT PARKER 90 POINTS - "A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Malbec, Merlot and Cabernet Franc, the 2014 Tresor has a deep garnet color and nose of cassis, warm blackberries and mulberries with hints of cedar, menthol and cloves. Medium-bodied, there’s a good amount of expressive black currant and baking spice flavors in the mouth, with chewy tannins and an herbal lift on the finish."
- Item #: i_220170Bottle Size: 750MLThe dramatic landscape of the Sonoma coast, with its steep hillsides and windswept foothills, gives Flowers a diverse profile of well-draining soils, while direct proximity to the Pacific Ocean results in a long, cool growing season. These extreme coastal conditions allow Flowers to produce a layered Chardonnay with bright fruit focus, complex minerality and crystalline acidity. Flowers' Sonoma Coast Chardonnay is sourced from a small selection of family-owned sites, including their own estate Camp Meeting Ridge Vineyard.
Medium yellow in color, this wine displays aromas of straw, lemon verbena, and honey suckle that mingle with layers of lemon meringue and lychee. Upon entry are flavors of lemon curd, honeydew, and hints of star fruit and wet stone, balanced with a touch of fine grained tannin. The crisp finish is countered with a spicy note of white pepper and lingers with coastal minerality.
- Item #: i_223550Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91Jeb Dunnuck: 91 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay FRV Fort Ross Vineyard is a beauty. Clean, classic, and medium-bodied, with good acidity as well as notes of buttered orchard fruits and spice, it has plenty of fruit, good balance, and a classic Chardonnay profile."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Fort Ross Vineyard gives up notions of warm applesauce, poached pears and honey toast with a waft of lemon peel. The palate is medium-bodied with appealing freshness and plenty of spicy stone fruit and apple flavors, finishing on a honey-nut note. 508 cases produced."
- Item #: i_223470Bottle Size: 750MLRyo-fu is Japanese for "cool breeze." The cool, foggy breeze that comes off the Pacific Ocean allows the Russian River Valley to grow high quality Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. The area's sandy soil is crucial as well; but without the right temperatures, the fruit could ripen too soon or not at all. Thanks to Freeman's local "ryo-fu", the growing seasons are perfectly timed for their vineyards. The 2015 vintage will go down as the earliest Chardonnay harvest on record at Freeman, and with a little help from that cool breeze, all of the fruit came in perfectly ripe.
A blend of Chardonnay from vineyards such as Keefer, Heintz, and Mill Station, the wine shows medium straw color, with a throwback nose of matchstick, honey, ripe Gravenstein apples, and melon. The palate is tightly wound, combining strong acidity and a dense core of fruit. It will take a few years in bottle to reach its peak, but with enough aeration in the glass, everything comes together to reveal a vibrant, well-balanced Chardonnay. The drinking window should be 2018–2023.
- Item #: i_276658Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE ENTHUSIAST 92 POINTS - "A majority of Pinot Noir in this blend doesn't overshadow the Chardonnay's sentiments of baked apple, hazelnut and creme brulee. Warm and savory, the mousse is also dry, crisp and buoyant, balanced and elegant in the end, making for a complete wine with a lengthy finish."
- Item #: i_200008Bottle Size: EACHGREAT NEWS SAM SEBASTIANI IS BACK IN THE WINE BUSINESS!
La Chertosa is named for the magnificent 14th century Renaissance monastery in the Tuscan valley of Farneta, Italy where the Sam Sebastiani ancestral roots began.At the 2014 California State Fair,Sam won "Double Gold" - Best Micro Red Award and Best of CLASS Region for his 2012 La Cheriosa resrve Amador County Zinfandel,and his 2012.
- Item #: i_242480Bottle Size: 750mlFloral notes, highlighted by heritage rose petals, are offset with white pepper and a touch of vanilla and oak spice. Silky tannins, with medium weight, it once came with a warning: beware, a glass of this wine seems to empty faster than most.
- Item #: i_253650Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91The Mount Peak story begins more than a century ago at the celebrated Monte Rosso Vineyard (one of the truly great vineyards in Sonoma County) and culminates with the revival of Mount Peak Winery, a vistige of one of California's ghost wineries. These wines are inspired by this great place, and the new owners pay tribute to the extraordinary winery that once stood there by capturing its enduring spirit in the wine.
Rattlesnake Zinfandel is tribute to the crest called Rattlesnake Hill, the highest point of the Monte Rosso Vineyard and a site famous for rattlesnakes living among the vines. During the day, the snakes seek the abundant sunshine and in the evening, the coil inside and around the vines. This Zinfandel is fulled with an alluring mouthwatering quality with robust flavors that includes rupe blueberries, blackberries, cherry jam and fig all tied together by a brambly undertone. Accents of white pepper, licorice, and smoke weave through the wine, deepening throughout the luscious finish.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2015 Zinfandel Rattlesnake is medium to deep garnet-purple colored with a nose of raspberry preserves, fruitcake and blackberry pie with hints of Indian spices and tilled soil plus a waft of tree bark. Full, rich and balsamic in the mouth with firm, chewy tannins and a lively acid line, it finishes long and spicy. 5,100 cases produced."
- Item #: i_249865Bottle Size: 750MLThis wine embodies the rich diversity of world-class vineyards in the acclaimed Sonoma Coast appellation, and the talents of the gifted winegrowers who farm these sites. Combining fruit from a "who's who" of the appellation's most renowned vineyards, this cuvee includes Sanchietti Vineyard, Gap's Crown Vineyard, Zio Tony Ranch, Dutton Ranch, and Durrell Vineyard. On the nose, aromas of dried orange peel, roasted almond, lemon sugar cookie and green apple are nicely supported by spicy French oak shadings. The mouthfeel is crisp and juicy with cascading, mouthwatering flavors of spicy pear, lime zest, yeast and toffee. The finish is long and focused by crisp acidity leading to lingering flavors that keep pumping.
- Item #: i_248800Bottle Size: 750MLThis dazzling Pinot Noir offers beautiful aromas of black cherry, cranberry and cinnamon, as well as deeper notes of mulled spice, black licorice, dark chocolate and earthy forest floor. On the palate, it is light on its feet, without ever being light, displaying wonderful drive and dense, fine-grained tannins that add structure and sophistication to layers of lush fruit and enticing spice. Complex and compelling, it captures both the elegance and energy of great Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir.
- Item #: i_252330Bottle Size: 750mlThe boldness of Black Boar Zinfandel is readily apparent even before you take that first sip. The aromas are immediately deep and dense with sweet blackberries making the first impression. Fullbore flavors of dark cherry and blackberry preserves take center stage on the palate, but the roundness of the flavors and the texture keeps the wine elegant. Classic Dry Creek notes of black pepper and baking spice accent the dark, lush fruit, adding layers and complexity.
- Item #: i_252770Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 90Jeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "Starting with the appellation 2015 Chardonnay Sonoma Coast, this is a terrific, classic effort that's a great introduction into the style of the estate. Citrus blossom, honeysuckle, white flowers, and marzipan notes flow to a medium-bodied, fresh, elegant Chardonnay that still has depth, intensity, and length."
- Item #: i_254590Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "This set of new releases from Ridge is full of highlights. For starters, the 2016 Zinfandels are outrageously beautiful and confirm my impressions from tastings earlier in the year. The 2016s are fresh, nuanced and deeply impressive wines."
"The 2016 Lytton Springs is a powerful, dense wine. Black cherry, plum, lavender, new leather, cloves, licorice and menthol flesh out. Deep, plush and richly textured, the 2016 Lytton Springs packs a real punch. The 23% Petite Sirah is felt in the wine's darkness and overall gravitas. There is more than enough richness and structure to support many years of fine drinking. What a gorgeous wine this is."
- Item #: i_254620Bottle Size: 750MLRidge has made the Geyserville as a single-site Zinfandel in every year since 1966. The grapes are grown in three adjoining vineyards on a defined stretch of gravelly soil approximately one-and-a-quarter miles long and a half-mile wide.
A blend of 68% Zinfandel, 18% Carignane, 12% Petite Sirah, and 2% Alicante Bouschet, the wine had a dark ruby color and aromas of ripe black cherries, plum, sweet oak, mint, and gravel earth. Rich bramble fruit entry, round and supple tannins, refreshing acidity, and layered complex fruits in a long finish.
- Item #: i_259040Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90ROBERT PARKER 90 POINTS - "As for the more limited cuvees of Zinfandel, loads of briary black raspberry and black cherry fruit jump from the glass of the 2013 Zinfandel Old Vine. A medium-bodied, beautifully full and ripe Zinfandel, it is pure, rich, long, and just about everything one could ask for in a Sonoma Zinfandel. Drink it over the next 7-8 years."