- Item #: i_201100Bottle Size: 750mlThis appellation is widely described as "sprawling" as it encompasses half or more of the county. Anthill Farms' fruit comes from two of the coolest, most coastal parts of this appellation: the low coast, west of Sebastopol on the edge of the Petaluma Gap; and the high coast, the first or second ridge inland from the ocean farther to the north. These sites are united by the direct influence of the Pacific's cool, marine air, delaying ripening well into October.
- Item #: i_210160Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Wine Spectator: 91ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Estate opens with notes of toast, cream, lemon pith and hay over a core of Red Delicious apple and banana chips. The medium-bodied palate is rounded and creamy with toasty spice and honey notions, finishing long and lifted with juicy acidity."
WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Intense and well-structured, with flavors of Bosc pear, Fuji apple and ruby grapefruit, supported by firm acidity. Dried savory herb notes linger on the fresh, pure-tasting finish. Drink now through 2023."
- Item #: i_213980Bottle Size: 750MLThis wine is Paul Hobbs' companion label that complements his eponymous line of wines. This Pinot Noir was produced using hand-harvested fruit from carefully selected vineyards within the Sonoma Coast region, and receives the same techniques as its big sister. Pomegranate violet in color, this wine has aromas of wild red raspberries, strawberries and pomegranate, fresh herbs thyme/sage, forest floor and hibiscus tea. The flavors are fresh and juicy, showing red cherries, raspberries, with a coolness of rhubarb, black tea spice. Graceful polished tannins throughout the palate lead to a long savory finish.
- Item #: i_206300Bottle Size: 750mlLocated in the Santa Cruz Mountains, the David Bruce winery has been producing stellar wines since it was founded in the early 1960s. This Pinot Noir, sourced from prime vineyards in Sonoma County, is an elegant expression of rich cherries, cranberries, rose petals, cinnamon and vanilla on the nose with the addition of plum on the palate. Fine-grained tannins provide nice structure through to the lingering finish.
- Item #: i_232890Bottle Size: 750mlNamed for the old grist mill that was found on the property, Grist sits pretty at 1000 ft. elevation on Bradford Mountain in the Dry Creek Valley AVA. The site was originally planted 100 years ago, and has since been replanted in the early 1970s. Farming here is CCOF Organic. The 58 acres under vine are head trained and cane pruned, and have spectacular views of the fog line driving in 15 miles west from the Pacific Ocean. Between Grist and the beachfront lie 15 miles of mountain lions, deer, and unspoiled forest.
- Item #: i_220590Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90ROBERT PARKER 90 POINTS - "A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Malbec, Merlot and Cabernet Franc, the 2014 Tresor has a deep garnet color and nose of cassis, warm blackberries and mulberries with hints of cedar, menthol and cloves. Medium-bodied, there’s a good amount of expressive black currant and baking spice flavors in the mouth, with chewy tannins and an herbal lift on the finish."
- Item #: i_220170Bottle Size: 750MLThe dramatic landscape of the Sonoma coast, with its steep hillsides and windswept foothills, gives Flowers a diverse profile of well-draining soils, while direct proximity to the Pacific Ocean results in a long, cool growing season. These extreme coastal conditions allow Flowers to produce a layered Chardonnay with bright fruit focus, complex minerality and crystalline acidity. Flowers' Sonoma Coast Chardonnay is sourced from a small selection of family-owned sites, including their own estate Camp Meeting Ridge Vineyard.
Medium yellow in color, this wine displays aromas of straw, lemon verbena, and honey suckle that mingle with layers of lemon meringue and lychee. Upon entry are flavors of lemon curd, honeydew, and hints of star fruit and wet stone, balanced with a touch of fine grained tannin. The crisp finish is countered with a spicy note of white pepper and lingers with coastal minerality.
- Item #: i_223550Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91Jeb Dunnuck: 91 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay FRV Fort Ross Vineyard is a beauty. Clean, classic, and medium-bodied, with good acidity as well as notes of buttered orchard fruits and spice, it has plenty of fruit, good balance, and a classic Chardonnay profile."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Fort Ross Vineyard gives up notions of warm applesauce, poached pears and honey toast with a waft of lemon peel. The palate is medium-bodied with appealing freshness and plenty of spicy stone fruit and apple flavors, finishing on a honey-nut note. 508 cases produced."
- Item #: i_223470Bottle Size: 750MLRyo-fu is Japanese for "cool breeze." The cool, foggy breeze that comes off the Pacific Ocean allows the Russian River Valley to grow high quality Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. The area's sandy soil is crucial as well; but without the right temperatures, the fruit could ripen too soon or not at all. Thanks to Freeman's local "ryo-fu", the growing seasons are perfectly timed for their vineyards. The 2015 vintage will go down as the earliest Chardonnay harvest on record at Freeman, and with a little help from that cool breeze, all of the fruit came in perfectly ripe.
A blend of Chardonnay from vineyards such as Keefer, Heintz, and Mill Station, the wine shows medium straw color, with a throwback nose of matchstick, honey, ripe Gravenstein apples, and melon. The palate is tightly wound, combining strong acidity and a dense core of fruit. It will take a few years in bottle to reach its peak, but with enough aeration in the glass, everything comes together to reveal a vibrant, well-balanced Chardonnay. The drinking window should be 2018–2023.
- Item #: i_228810Bottle Size: 750MLHartford Family Winery began back in 1994 by Don and Jennifer Hartford. Since their inaugural release in 1996, Hartford has continued to produce wines with lots of personality and charisma. The single vineyard wines they produce range from as little as 90 to 800 cases and receive high accolades from the top wine critics. The Old Vine Zinfandel is produced from true old vines planted 80-100 years ago from some of California's oldest Zinfandel vineyards.
- Item #: i_276658Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE ENTHUSIAST 92 POINTS - "A majority of Pinot Noir in this blend doesn't overshadow the Chardonnay's sentiments of baked apple, hazelnut and creme brulee. Warm and savory, the mousse is also dry, crisp and buoyant, balanced and elegant in the end, making for a complete wine with a lengthy finish."
- Item #: i_238940Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92The grapes for this Chardonnay came exclusively from Macrostie's Wildcat Mountain Vineyard, owned by Steve MacRostie and his partners Nancy and Tony Lilly. Here the vines dig into the sparse volcanic soil and stand firm against the strong winds that race in off of the Pacific Ocean most afternoons. This fog-shrouded mountaintop vineyard is a classic Sonoma Coast site, cool and challenging, and produces wines of great distinction.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - ""The 2016 Wildcat Mountain Vineyard Chardonnay delivers notes of white peaches, ripe Golden Delicious apples and Bosc pears with hints of allspice, shaved almonds and chalk dust. The palate nails it with intense yet elegantly played apple and pear flavors, accented with plenty of toast and spice, and gives a long, refreshing finish. 1,595 cases produced."
- Item #: i_253650Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91The Mount Peak story begins more than a century ago at the celebrated Monte Rosso Vineyard (one of the truly great vineyards in Sonoma County) and culminates with the revival of Mount Peak Winery, a vistige of one of California's ghost wineries. These wines are inspired by this great place, and the new owners pay tribute to the extraordinary winery that once stood there by capturing its enduring spirit in the wine.
Rattlesnake Zinfandel is tribute to the crest called Rattlesnake Hill, the highest point of the Monte Rosso Vineyard and a site famous for rattlesnakes living among the vines. During the day, the snakes seek the abundant sunshine and in the evening, the coil inside and around the vines. This Zinfandel is fulled with an alluring mouthwatering quality with robust flavors that includes rupe blueberries, blackberries, cherry jam and fig all tied together by a brambly undertone. Accents of white pepper, licorice, and smoke weave through the wine, deepening throughout the luscious finish.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2015 Zinfandel Rattlesnake is medium to deep garnet-purple colored with a nose of raspberry preserves, fruitcake and blackberry pie with hints of Indian spices and tilled soil plus a waft of tree bark. Full, rich and balsamic in the mouth with firm, chewy tannins and a lively acid line, it finishes long and spicy. 5,100 cases produced."
- Item #: i_248800Bottle Size: 750MLThis dazzling Pinot Noir offers beautiful aromas of black cherry, cranberry and cinnamon, as well as deeper notes of mulled spice, black licorice, dark chocolate and earthy forest floor. On the palate, it is light on its feet, without ever being light, displaying wonderful drive and dense, fine-grained tannins that add structure and sophistication to layers of lush fruit and enticing spice. Complex and compelling, it captures both the elegance and energy of great Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir.
- Item #: i_252770Bottle Size: 750MLANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay (Fort Ross-Seaview) is soft, creamy and wonderfully inviting, with notes of lemon confit, white flowers, white pepper and mint. The Fort-Ross Seaview Chardonnay - made entirely from Martinelli's Charles Ranch - takes the place of the former Sonoma Coast bottling. The 2018 finishes with terrific freshness and nuance. This is a gorgeous wine."
- Item #: i_254620Bottle Size: 750MLRidge has made the Geyserville as a single-site Zinfandel in every year since 1966. The grapes are grown in three adjoining vineyards on a defined stretch of gravelly soil approximately one-and-a-quarter miles long and a half-mile wide.
A blend of 68% Zinfandel, 18% Carignane, 12% Petite Sirah, and 2% Alicante Bouschet, the wine had a dark ruby color and aromas of ripe black cherries, plum, sweet oak, mint, and gravel earth. Rich bramble fruit entry, round and supple tannins, refreshing acidity, and layered complex fruits in a long finish.
- Item #: i_254590Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "Ridge's 2017 Lytton Springs opens up beautifully, with bright acids that drive a whole range of red/purplish fruit intermingled with floral notes. Creamy and ample in feel, the 2017 boasts superb balance and pedigree. Readers lucky enough to own it should plan on cellaring it for at least a few years."
- Item #: i_254500Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "A wine that always delivers, the 2018 Geyserville from Ridge comes all from a single vineyard in the Alexander Valley and checks in as 68% Zinfandel, 20% Carignane, 10% Petite Sirah, and the rest Alicante Bouschet. It has a big, cedary bouquet of red and black plums, sandalwood, potpourri, and Asian spices that develops and fills out nicely with time in the glass. This carries to a more medium-bodied Zinfandel that has wonderful purity of fruit, present yet ripe tannins, flawless balance, and a great, great finish. This structured yet ethereal example of this cuvee ranks with the finest vintages to date. Drink it any time over the coming 10-15 years."
- Item #: i_258220Bottle Size: 750MLAfter making powerful, age-worthy, and high-scoring wines at Beringer for several decades, Ed Sbragia decided to step back and focus on wines from his family's properties in Sonoma County. Anybody who has had the Reserve Cabs and Chard made by Ed can attest to the fact that his wines are full of personality, and given the price points of the Sbragia wines vis-à-vis the scores they earn, these wines offer tremendous values! This bottling comes from the family's property in Dry Creek Valley, perched on a hillside, giving the vineyard ample sunshine and well-drained soils for superior grape quality.
- Item #: i_259000Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 90+ POINTS - "Medium garnet colored, the 2014 Zinfandel Cortina offers baked black cherries, mulberries, prunes and eucalyptus notes with a Chinese five spice and forest floor undercurrent. Full-bodied, the palate delivers a relatively fresh style with plenty of spicy black fruit preserves backed up by lively acid and a light grip of chewy tannins, finishing long and earthy."
- Item #: i_278262Bottle Size: 750mlWINE MAKERS'S TASTING NORES-"Fragrant aromas of red apple and pear are complemented with hints of hazelnut, brioche bread, mineral and Meyer lemon notes. On the palate, apple fruit, nut, and light strawberry flavors are balanced with Sonoma- Cutrer’s signature acidity. This sparkler is a perfect pairing with goat cheese, fruit tarts or fresh oysters with salmon caviar.
PRODUCTION NOTES -This, the winery's first ever bubbly, is a blend of 60% Chardonnay 40% Pinot Noir from the estate's Vine Hill and Owsley vineyards. Vine Hill Ranch has more than a 400-ft. elevation change that allows each ridge, slope, and valley in the vineyard to contribute unique characteristics to the grapes. Owsley Vineyard is made up of 90 total acres. It is the closest Sonoma-Cutrer property to the Pacific Ocean and is highly influenced by the cold fog that comes through the Bloomfield Gap. This location gives the vines exposure to dramatic temperature changes from warm days to cool, foggy nights. Combined with Goldridge sandy loam soil, clones and rootstocks that limit excessive vine growth, thus Owsley provides a beautiful variety of elegant Pinot Noir fruit. Grapes for this wine were picked by hand at night and placed into small bins before being hand-sorted and whole cluster pressed. Careful attention was given to lightly pressing the berries to yield a juice that presented both a delicate color and bright, fruit characteristics. The juice was then fermented in stainless steel prior to tirage bottling in January of 2015. The wine rested en tirage until being disgorged June, 2018 with dosage of 12 grams/liter.
- Item #: i_262440Bottle Size: 750mlThis vintage is loaded with aromas of lemon and lime, and accented with hints of Bosc pear, caramel, oak spice and the familiar, flinty, mineral notes that are a defining characteristic of the Les Pierres Vineyard. The citrus flavors of grapefruit and lime are complemented and balanced with toasty, caramelized oak, and spice. The careful approach to oak aging and fermentation creates a round, full mouthfeel with Sonoma-Cutrer's signature bright and lively citrus-laced acidity and a long, lingering finish of nice barrel spice.
- Item #: i_200027Bottle Size: 750mlThis vintage has not been scored yet but the last 8 vintages scored 90 points or above by the top Pinot Noir critics. Valerie's terroir driven one-acre Carneros vineyard has come of age and we think that vintage to vintage this one is another winner, very Burgundian. The winemaking and the attention to detail in the vineyard has never been better.
The 2017 extols a rich velvety mouth-feel and well balanced fruit, oak and tannins. The cherry/plum flavors blend with traditional Burgundian nuisances such as cola and tea. The French oak program of new and two-year old French oak from numerous makers has created a unique flavor profile and aging regimen. The wine lives no less than 18 months in the oak.
- Item #: i_280120Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine is a beautiful pale gold in color tinged with a green hue. The nose gives expansive aromas of pineapple cake, toasted hazelnut, and delicate white flowers. The palate offers up tropical fruit and crème brulee flavors with bright acidity, balanced by a creamy mid-palate texture that is decadent and round. The finish is bright, with a flinty minerality.