- Item #: i_201100Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92This appellation is widely described as "sprawling" as it encompasses half or more of the county. Anthill Farms' fruit comes from two of the coolest, most coastal parts of this appellation: the low coast, west of Sebastopol on the edge of the Petaluma Gap; and the high coast, the first or second ridge inland from the ocean farther to the north. These sites are united by the direct influence of the Pacific's cool, marine air, delaying ripening well into October.
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast) is a pretty big, dark wine relative to prior editions. Dark cherry, plum, lavender, sage, spice and menthol shape this brooding appellation-level Pinot from Anthill Farms. Readers will find an especially potent, virile Pinot with tons of character."
- Item #: i_277784Bottle Size: 750MLThe name Rocky Reserve comes from the deep red, rocky soils of the Florence Vineyard, 1400 feet above Lake Sonoma and Dry Creek Valley. This is a more elegant and restrained Zin, worthy of five or more years of cellaring, though it is packed with fragrant black and blue berry fruits.Nice dark-red in color, big blueberry-blackberry fruit, spicy-chocolatey oak, nicely focused acidity enhances mineral flavors, elegantly structured tannins for aging, super plush long finish!
- Item #: i_210160Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Wine Spectator: 91ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Estate opens with notes of toast, cream, lemon pith and hay over a core of Red Delicious apple and banana chips. The medium-bodied palate is rounded and creamy with toasty spice and honey notions, finishing long and lifted with juicy acidity."
WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Intense and well-structured, with flavors of Bosc pear, Fuji apple and ruby grapefruit, supported by firm acidity. Dried savory herb notes linger on the fresh, pure-tasting finish. Drink now through 2023."
- Item #: i_213980Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Jeb Dunnuck: 90This wine is Paul Hobbs' companion label that complements his eponymous line of wines. This Pinot Noir was produced using hand-harvested fruit from carefully selected vineyards within the Sonoma Coast region, and receives the same techniques as its big sister.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "Medium ruby, the 2018 Pinot Noir is made with about 72% estate fruit and very little oak. It's a fresh style with open-knit aromas of roast cranberry and rhubarb with touches of dried leaves, soil and tar. The palate is medium-bodied, bright and juicy with good concentration and spiciness and a lifted finish. Enjoy it over the next two to three years. 19,500 cases produced."
JEB DUNNUCK 90 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast comes from multiple sites on the Sonoma Coast and saw a touch of stems and 9 months on lees in 11% new French oak. Its ruby hue gives way to a pretty, strawberry, spice, and brambly, forest floor-laced Pinot Noir that has good acidity, plenty of sweet fruit, no hard edges, and a clean finish. It's well worth seeking out."
- Item #: i_220170Bottle Size: 750MLThe dramatic landscape of the Sonoma coast, with its steep hillsides and windswept foothills, gives Flowers a diverse profile of well-draining soils, while direct proximity to the Pacific Ocean results in a long, cool growing season. These extreme coastal conditions allow Flowers to produce a layered Chardonnay with bright fruit focus, complex minerality and crystalline acidity. Flowers' Sonoma Coast Chardonnay is sourced from a small selection of family-owned sites, including their own estate Camp Meeting Ridge Vineyard.
Medium yellow in color, this wine displays aromas of straw, lemon verbena, and honey suckle that mingle with layers of lemon meringue and lychee. Upon entry are flavors of lemon curd, honeydew, and hints of star fruit and wet stone, balanced with a touch of fine grained tannin. The crisp finish is countered with a spicy note of white pepper and lingers with coastal minerality.
- Item #: i_223470Bottle Size: 750MLRyo-fu is Japanese for "cool breeze." The cool, foggy breeze that comes off the Pacific Ocean allows the Russian River Valley to grow high quality Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. The area's sandy soil is crucial as well; but without the right temperatures, the fruit could ripen too soon or not at all. Thanks to Freeman's local "ryo-fu", the growing seasons are perfectly timed for their vineyards. The 2015 vintage will go down as the earliest Chardonnay harvest on record at Freeman, and with a little help from that cool breeze, all of the fruit came in perfectly ripe.
A blend of Chardonnay from vineyards such as Keefer, Heintz, and Mill Station, the wine shows medium straw color, with a throwback nose of matchstick, honey, ripe Gravenstein apples, and melon. The palate is tightly wound, combining strong acidity and a dense core of fruit. It will take a few years in bottle to reach its peak, but with enough aeration in the glass, everything comes together to reveal a vibrant, well-balanced Chardonnay. The drinking window should be 2018–2023.
- Item #: i_228810Bottle Size: 750MLHartford Family Winery began back in 1994 by Don and Jennifer Hartford. Since their inaugural release in 1996, Hartford has continued to produce wines with lots of personality and charisma. The single vineyard wines they produce range from as little as 90 to 800 cases and receive high accolades from the top wine critics. The Old Vine Zinfandel is produced from true old vines planted 80-100 years ago from some of California's oldest Zinfandel vineyards.
- Item #: i_276658Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE ENTHUSIAST 92 POINTS - "A majority of Pinot Noir in this blend doesn't overshadow the Chardonnay's sentiments of baked apple, hazelnut and creme brulee. Warm and savory, the mousse is also dry, crisp and buoyant, balanced and elegant in the end, making for a complete wine with a lengthy finish."
- Item #: i_238940Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92The grapes for this Chardonnay came exclusively from Macrostie's Wildcat Mountain Vineyard, owned by Steve MacRostie and his partners Nancy and Tony Lilly. Here the vines dig into the sparse volcanic soil and stand firm against the strong winds that race in off of the Pacific Ocean most afternoons. This fog-shrouded mountaintop vineyard is a classic Sonoma Coast site, cool and challenging, and produces wines of great distinction.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - ""The 2016 Wildcat Mountain Vineyard Chardonnay delivers notes of white peaches, ripe Golden Delicious apples and Bosc pears with hints of allspice, shaved almonds and chalk dust. The palate nails it with intense yet elegantly played apple and pear flavors, accented with plenty of toast and spice, and gives a long, refreshing finish. 1,595 cases produced."
- Item #: i_253650Bottle Size: 750mlThe Mount Peak story begins more than a century ago at the celebrated Monte Rosso Vineyard (one of the truly great vineyards in Sonoma County) and culminates with the revival of Mount Peak Winery, a vistige of one of California's ghost wineries. These wines are inspired by this great place, and the new owners pay tribute to the extraordinary winery that once stood there by capturing its enduring spirit in the wine.
Rattlesnake Zinfandel is tribute to the crest called Rattlesnake Hill, the highest point of the Monte Rosso Vineyard and a site famous for rattlesnakes living among the vines. During the day, the snakes seek the abundant sunshine and in the evening, the coil inside and around the vines. This Zinfandel is fulled with an alluring mouthwatering quality with robust flavors that includes rupe blueberries, blackberries, cherry jam and fig all tied together by a brambly undertone. Accents of white pepper, licorice, and smoke weave through the wine, deepening throughout the luscious finish.
- Item #: i_249865Bottle Size: 750MLThis wine embodies the rich diversity of world-class vineyards in the acclaimed Sonoma Coast appellation, and the talents of the gifted winegrowers who farm these sites. Combining fruit from a "who's who" of the appellation's most renowned vineyards, this cuvee includes Sanchietti Vineyard, Gap's Crown Vineyard, Zio Tony Ranch, Dutton Ranch, and Durrell Vineyard. On the nose, aromas of dried orange peel, roasted almond, lemon sugar cookie and green apple are nicely supported by spicy French oak shadings. The mouthfeel is crisp and juicy with cascading, mouthwatering flavors of spicy pear, lime zest, yeast and toffee. The finish is long and focused by crisp acidity leading to lingering flavors that keep pumping.
- Item #: i_248800Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90Jeb Dunnuck: 91JEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "A larger production cuvée, the appellation 2017 Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast is well worth seeking out, offering a charming, forward, medium-bodied style as well as lots of textbook spiced red fruits, pine forest, and underbrush-like aromas and flavors. Enjoy bottles over the coming 3-5 years."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast was made with 100% whole cluster and aged in 45% new oak. Pale to medium ruby-purple, it has expressive aromas of red and black cherries, roasted cranberries, woodsmoke and orange peel with a classy frame of allspice-like new oak plus earth and charcuterie touches. It's light to medium-bodied and silky with good intensity, mouthwatering acidity and grainy tannins, finishing long."
- Item #: i_252770Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 93ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay (Fort Ross-Seaview) is soft, creamy and wonderfully inviting, with notes of lemon confit, white flowers, white pepper and mint. The Fort-Ross Seaview Chardonnay - made entirely from Martinelli's Charles Ranch - takes the place of the former Sonoma Coast bottling. The 2018 finishes with terrific freshness and nuance. This is a gorgeous wine."
- Item #: i_254590Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "Ridge's 2017 Lytton Springs opens up beautifully, with bright acids that drive a whole range of red/purplish fruit intermingled with floral notes. Creamy and ample in feel, the 2017 boasts superb balance and pedigree. Readers lucky enough to own it should plan on cellaring it for at least a few years."
- Item #: i_254500Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 95JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "A wine that always delivers, the 2018 Geyserville from Ridge comes all from a single vineyard in the Alexander Valley and checks in as 68% Zinfandel, 20% Carignane, 10% Petite Sirah, and the rest Alicante Bouschet. It has a big, cedary bouquet of red and black plums, sandalwood, potpourri, and Asian spices that develops and fills out nicely with time in the glass. This carries to a more medium-bodied Zinfandel that has wonderful purity of fruit, present yet ripe tannins, flawless balance, and a great, great finish. This structured yet ethereal example of this cuvee ranks with the finest vintages to date. Drink it any time over the coming 10-15 years."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS -"Robust yet brooding, with multilayered black plum, licorice and Asian five-spice powder flavors that build richness toward big, briary tannins. Zinfandel, Carignane, Petite Sirah and Alicante Bouschet. Best from 2022 through 2030"
- Item #: i_258220Bottle Size: 750MLAfter making powerful, age-worthy, and high-scoring wines at Beringer for several decades, Ed Sbragia decided to step back and focus on wines from his family's properties in Sonoma County. Anybody who has had the Reserve Cabs and Chard made by Ed can attest to the fact that his wines are full of personality, and given the price points of the Sbragia wines vis-à-vis the scores they earn, these wines offer tremendous values! This bottling comes from the family's property in Dry Creek Valley, perched on a hillside, giving the vineyard ample sunshine and well-drained soils for superior grape quality.
- Item #: i_259000Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 92Jeb Dunnuck: 93JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "The 2016 Zinfandel Cortina offers more complexity in its earth dark fruits, underbrush, Caramelized cherries, and spice. Rich, medium to full-bodied, with ripe tannins and a solid sense of purity and freshness, this is a classy yet pleasure bent Zinfandel that will keep for a decade."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 90+ POINTS - "The 2016 Zinfandel Cortina is medium ruby in color and youthfully coiled on the nose, taking its time to release scents of sliced nectarine, rhubarb, boysenberry and blueberry accented by dried flowers, warm earth, garrigue and loads of spiciness. The palate is still tight and reticent to show its juicy fruits. It has a soft texture and very pleasing, juicy acidity, finishing long. I suspect this will reward another couple of years in bottle. 2,458 cases produced."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Brooding and appealingly briary, with dark cherry, fresh sage and smoked pepper flavors that persist toward broad-shouldered tannins. Best from 2020 through 2027. 2,458 cases made."
- Item #: i_278262Bottle Size: 750mlWINE MAKERS'S TASTING NORES-"Fragrant aromas of red apple and pear are complemented with hints of hazelnut, brioche bread, mineral and Meyer lemon notes. On the palate, apple fruit, nut, and light strawberry flavors are balanced with Sonoma- Cutrer’s signature acidity. This sparkler is a perfect pairing with goat cheese, fruit tarts or fresh oysters with salmon caviar.
PRODUCTION NOTES -This, the winery's first ever bubbly, is a blend of 60% Chardonnay 40% Pinot Noir from the estate's Vine Hill and Owsley vineyards. Vine Hill Ranch has more than a 400-ft. elevation change that allows each ridge, slope, and valley in the vineyard to contribute unique characteristics to the grapes. Owsley Vineyard is made up of 90 total acres. It is the closest Sonoma-Cutrer property to the Pacific Ocean and is highly influenced by the cold fog that comes through the Bloomfield Gap. This location gives the vines exposure to dramatic temperature changes from warm days to cool, foggy nights. Combined with Goldridge sandy loam soil, clones and rootstocks that limit excessive vine growth, thus Owsley provides a beautiful variety of elegant Pinot Noir fruit. Grapes for this wine were picked by hand at night and placed into small bins before being hand-sorted and whole cluster pressed. Careful attention was given to lightly pressing the berries to yield a juice that presented both a delicate color and bright, fruit characteristics. The juice was then fermented in stainless steel prior to tirage bottling in January of 2015. The wine rested en tirage until being disgorged June, 2018 with dosage of 12 grams/liter.
- Item #: i_262440Bottle Size: 750mlThis vintage is loaded with aromas of lemon and lime, and accented with hints of Bosc pear, caramel, oak spice and the familiar, flinty, mineral notes that are a defining characteristic of the Les Pierres Vineyard. The citrus flavors of grapefruit and lime are complemented and balanced with toasty, caramelized oak, and spice. The careful approach to oak aging and fermentation creates a round, full mouthfeel with Sonoma-Cutrer's signature bright and lively citrus-laced acidity and a long, lingering finish of nice barrel spice.
- Item #: i_268570Bottle Size: 750mlMouthwatering and luscious, with intoxicating aromatics of melon, nectarines, white peaches and honeysuckle. The unique mix of oak barrels and native yeast add to the richness and complexity of this wine at the same time lifting the purity of the fruit and brightness of the wine. Tangerine, creme brulee and hints of ripe kiwi come together with a long bright finish.
- Item #: i_200027Bottle Size: 750mlThis vintage has not been scored yet but the last 8 vintages scored 90 points or above by the top Pinot Noir critics. Valerie's terroir driven one-acre Carneros vineyard has come of age and we think that vintage to vintage this one is another winner, very Burgundian. The winemaking and the attention to detail in the vineyard has never been better.
The 2017 extols a rich velvety mouth-feel and well balanced fruit, oak and tannins. The cherry/plum flavors blend with traditional Burgundian nuisances such as cola and tea. The French oak program of new and two-year old French oak from numerous makers has created a unique flavor profile and aging regimen. The wine lives no less than 18 months in the oak.
- Item #: i_280120Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine is a beautiful pale gold in color tinged with a green hue. The nose gives expansive aromas of pineapple cake, toasted hazelnut, and delicate white flowers. The palate offers up tropical fruit and crème brulee flavors with bright acidity, balanced by a creamy mid-palate texture that is decadent and round. The finish is bright, with a flinty minerality.