- Item #: i_212280Bottle Size: 750MLPinot Noir was first planted at Stanly Ranch in the 1940s, when a clonal trial proved the ranch's well-drained day-loam soils and rolling hills ideal for growing the finicky varietal. The vineyard has been significantly refined over the years, and Stanly Ranch is now one of the most sought-after vineyards for Pinot Noir in California.
Winery's Tasting Notes: "Pristine growing conditions in the Carneros wine region resulted in another beautiful representation of Stanly Ranch in 2015. Acidity and brightness are the building blocks of this wine, with aromas of tart cherry and cranberry revealing dried rose petal and forest floor notes. Fine-grained tannins, rich texture and spirited acidity poise the wine around a core of bright red fruit. The finish lingers with the lavender and rose petal notes quintessential to Carneros Pinot Noir."
- Item #: i_216090Bottle Size: 750MLDomaine Carneros' classic Pinot Noir was made to show off the superb qualities of their organic vineyard, is rich with fruit tones of black cherry, raspberry and black current overlaid with notes of chocolate, toast, clove and exotic spices. Luscious flavors end in a very long and silky finish.
- Item #: i_219640Bottle Size: 750MLMedium ruby color; cherry, raspberry, graham cracker spice on the nose; dark cherry, raspberry, plum, redcurrant on the palate.This bottle is another reason to find Etude Carneros pinot noir. Grapes come from estate vineyards at Grace Benoist Ranch where the vines produce small bunches and even smaller berries, generating small yields and intense, complex flavors. The vividly delicious and—at the same time, subtle—flavors are why are why you will enjoy this wine, also why you will pay extra for the privilege of doing so. The splurge is more than worth it.
- Item #: i_237880Bottle Size: 750MLRob Lloyd (who was formerly on the winemaking team at Rombauer) has produced an unabashed California Chardonnay. The grapes come from two Sangiacomo Vineyard sites, Home Ranch and Green Acres in the Carneros region. Picked at their peak of ripeness, the grapes are gently pressed, settled, and moved to barrels to be cold fermented. The room is kept at a very low temperature keeping the wine from fermenting too rapidly and thus losing its aromatics. The wine slowly undergoes primary and secondary fermentation for nime months before being racked off its primary lees and bottled.
- Item #: i_255200Bottle Size: 750mlThe fruit for this wine comes from vineyards in the Carneros region owned by the Rombauer family and select growers including the Sangiacomo family, long-term grower partners who have farmed this land for three generations. The grapes were gently whole-cluster pressed while the fruit was still cool. The juice was pumped to tank to cold-settle overnight before it was racked to barrel for primary and malolactic fermentation. The lees were stirred every two weeks to give the wine rich flavors and a creamy texture.
Enticing aromas of vanilla, peach and mango are layered with apricots, creme brulee, butter and a slight minerality. Those scents are echoed as flavors on the creamy, rich palate, along with peach, pie crust and baking spices. The long, smooth finish is marked by mouthwatering acidity.
- Item #: i_261770Bottle Size: 750MLWinery's Tasting Notes: "A brilliant Pinot Noir! Rose, lavender and rosemary aromas spring from the bottle with an alluring and clear first impression of true Pinot form. Layers of ripe strawberry, cranberry, red plum, raspberry and Rainier cherry unfold shortly thereafter and are rounded out by the warmth of cardamom, clove and vanilla spice from time spent resting in elegant French oak. Tasting reveals more of its youth and vigor than its bouquet suggests. Textured fruit flavors of blood orange, cranberry and pomegranate burst through the mid-palate and carry through a long, mouthwatering finish nuanced by Carneros terroir notes of sage and forest floor. A wine to quaff, to contemplate or to complement a meal... this wine is pure pleasure."
- Item #: i_275235Bottle Size: 750mlLos Carneros is one of the most prestigious Chardonnay growing area in California, and this wine demonstrates why. Vine Cliff's 2017 Los Carneros Chardonnay is classic Chardonnay. Elegant with complex aromas of pear, green apple, lemon citrus, mineral and floral notes. There is a rich bouquet of hazelnut, butterscotch, and vanilla. The palate is rich and luscious, balanced with bright acidity. Flavors of creme brulee, pear, apple and lemon creme linger on the long smooth finish.