- Item #: i_241510Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90Do you want to get a real glimpse into the characteristics and style of the 2009 vintage in Washington, then you don't need to look any further. Delille has been somewhat under the radar, but if the quality in this Merlot blend doesn't open your eyes, we don't know what will! "D2" is the main highway that runs through Bordeaux, so being that this is a Merlot-based blend (just like the right bank of Bordeaux), the name is apt. This year, the wine is a blend of 58% Merlot, 35% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Cabernet Franc, and 1% Petit Verdot.
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "(a blend of about 60 lots from 13,500 vines, according to Jason Gorski): Bright, dark red with ruby highlights. Aromas of cassis and licorice hint at a dried-berry character. Impressively concentrated for such a large blend, offering a fine-grained texture and noteworthy inner-mouth floral lift. Boasts plush, sweet dark fruit and spice flavors, with a repeating element of very ripe berries. Suggests a wider range of fruit ripeness than most of the other DeLille reds but very successful for such a disparate blend. The long finish features substantial ripe, broad tannins."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "Exhibiting aromas of loamy soil, crushed currants and creamy new oak, the 2015 D2 Proprietary Red Wine is medium-bodied, chewy and rustic, with a good core of juicy fruit but a firm, somewhat drying finish that seems to be marked by tannins derived from its time in 55% new oak but which could also simply reflect the vintage. It's a blend of 58% Merlot, 35% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Cabernet Franc and 1% Petit Verdot."
- Item #: i_216410Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "Another outstanding wine is the 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Columbia Valley, which is 89% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Petit Verdot and 5% Merlot. It's a classic Cabernet with its tobacco leaf, leafy herbs, graphite and dark fruit aromas and flavors. Medium to full-bodied, nicely textured and fresh, with moderate depth and density, it has tons of charm and is ideal for drinking over the coming 3-5 years."
- Item #: i_234080Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsCharles Smith's K Vintners lineup of wines are among the more highly sought-after wines from Washington State. Charles isn't just a one trick pony, as he receives high scores and praise on his Viogniers, Merlots, Cabernets, and even his Chardonnays.
That being said, Syrah is truly his strong suit. Charles gets his grapes from some of the best vineyards in Washington State, but these are not necessarily well-known vineyards. Some of these vineyards are "out of sight" for other wineries, yet they produce some of the best Syrah in the state. So Charles gets the grapes for a very favorable price, and he keeps his prices favorable to you...the consumer! And when you couple these prices with the scores he receives from the critics, these are some of the best values you will find...anywhere!!! Supply is never high on these wines, so we do expect these to GO FAST!!!
JRB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "The 2015 Syrah River Rock is another rock star Syrah from this estate and it's just about overflowing with Rocks character. Currants, smoked herbs, olive brine and some peaty notes all give way to a ripe, concentrated, seamless beauty that has loads of charm and character. With fine tannin and a layered style, it will keep for 10-15 years."
- Item #: i_234220Bottle Size: 750mlGrowing up just outside of Sacramento, California, in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Charles Smith began craving worldly travel at a young age due to his Welsh mother and French father. As soon as he had the chance, Charles decided to move to Denmark. While in Scandinavia, Charles spent the next nine years managing rock bands and concert tours throughout Europe, including the famed Danish duo, The Ravonettes. Wining and dining while on the road became a catalyst for his passion of wine, which ultimately triggered the career he has today.
A self-taught winemaker, Charles is a true artisan and a pioneer in the wine world. In 2008, K Vintners was recognized by Wine and Spirits magazine as one of the "Best New Wineries of the Last Ten Years," and as "Winery of the Year in their annual buying guide. In 2009 Food and Wine magazine awarded Charles "Winemaker of the Year" and in 2010 Seattle Magazine recognized Charles as their "Winemaker of the Year."
- Item #: i_237270Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 91 PointsANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 91+ POINTS - "(3.74 pH with a firm 6.6 grams per liter total acidity): Bright, full medium ruby. Brooding, slightly inky blackberry and cassis aromas. Rich, plush and sweet, with terrific dark berry ripeness complicated by classic claret-like herb and tobacco nuances. The most graceful of these 2015 reds to this point but also boasts terrific depth. The team eliminated the Rocks component of this wine in 2015, as they found it too stewy. Finishes sappy, chewy and very long, with firm acidity and big, palate-staining tannins."
JEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "A small step up in quality over the Columbia Valley release, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Walla Walla Valley (22 months in 40% new French oak) offers more purity and elegance as well as terrific notes of blackcurrants, tobacco leaf, damp earth, and chocolate. This medium to full-bodied, elegant, silky beauty has sweet tannin, integrated acidity, and a great finish. It's outstanding stuff."
- Item #: i_271610Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsWashington State is a great place to grow Cabernet. Stylistically, the wines tend to strike a balance between the structured, mineral-driven style of Bordeaux and the luscious, juicier style of California. Woodward Canyon is one of those wineries from Washington State that epitomizes this style, and has received high scores from critics to boot!
Woodward Canyon’s goal is to create complex and refined wines that show their very best when served with food; therefore, the wines strive to be structured and compelling, rather than over extracted and tiresome. Woodward Canyon practices sustainable farming for all their vineyards. While they do not grow enough grapes on their estate property to meet their demand, they do source from a few vineyards in Columbia Valley who share their passion for sustainability, most notably the Champoux Vineyard!
JEB DUNNUCK 94+ POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Artist Series checks in as 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 13% Cabernet Franc, and 1% each of Petit Verdot and Merlot, aged in 58% new French oak. Rock star notes of pure cassis and spiced red plums are intermixed with lots of cedar pencil, leafy herbs, chocolate, and spring flower aromas on the nose. These all carry over to the palate, where the wine is full-bodied, concentrated, and structured, with ripe, polished yet building tannins that emerge on the finish. As with the other 2017s here, the cellar will be your friend, and it's going to reward 4-5 years of bottle age. It's going to have 25+ years of longevity."