- Item #: i_216090Bottle Size: 750MLDomaine Carneros' classic Pinot Noir was made to show off the superb qualities of their organic vineyard, is rich with fruit tones of black cherry, raspberry and black current overlaid with notes of chocolate, toast, clove and exotic spices. Luscious flavors end in a very long and silky finish.
- Item #: i_228780Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94Vinous Media: 94This could, very well, be one of the best joint ventures for Chardonnay anywhere in the world! HDV wines combine the exquisite and highly sought-after vineyards of Larry Hyde, and the visionary quest for perfection of Domaine de la Romanee-Conti's Aubert de Villaine. Using sustainable farming practices, and planting clones suited to the soil have given the Hyde vineyard a reputation that cannot be outdone. As for Aubert, his family's pursuit for perfection has given them one of the best reputations in the wine world. Together, these families have comprised a Chardonnay whose style is a perfect balance between California richness and Burgundian minerality.
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Hyde Vineyard is a blend of Calera and Wente clones, which, along with the decision to pick early, yields a Chardonnay with distinctly salty, saline notes that give the wine energy, tension and persistence. Orchard fruit, white flowers, mint and white pepper add striking aromatic top notes. The 2017 is quiet understated, but it is also just sublime. The 2017 spent 12 months in oak (15% new) and about four months in tank prior to bottling. It is pure class."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay opens with pure notes of poached pears, white peach, quince and apple pie plus notions of citrus blossoms, smoke, toast and honeyed hints in the undercurrent—what a superb perfume! The palate is still youthfully wound, offering energetic citrus and mineral-laced fruits, tangy, vibrant and bright and finishing very long and nuanced."
- Item #: i_248850Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93+Patz and Hall has become one of the most highly regarded wineries in California’s North Coast, with a celebrated portfolio of single-vineyard Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs. Their vineyard sources need to have naturally low yields, complex flavors and aromas, and the growers need to be meticulous with canopy management in order to achieve the balance of freshness with richness. Production on Patz and Hall's single-vineyard wines are low in production, which means they stagger their releases because the wines typically sell out so quickly! Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate has even stated that the wine are sure bets regardless of vintage conditions.
Hyde Vineyard is justifiably considered one of the superstar vineyards in Carneros. Purchased in 1979, and planted two years later, this 179-acre property is cultivated as 44 distinct blocks. Adding to the depth and character of this iconic site, Hyde Vineyard is planted to 10 types of Pinot Noir and six varieties of Chardonnay. Of these, the Hyde-Wente Chardonnay and Hyde-Calera Pinot Noir were isolated by Larry, and are widely considered two of the finest selections in California viticulture.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir Hyde Vineyard, aged in 50% new oak, has a pale to medium ruby-purple color and a nose of cinnamon stick, charcuterie, baked cranberries, raspberries and boysenberry with oodles of violet and lilac perfume, licorice, tea leaves and fragrant earth. Light to medium-bodied, it’s bright, inviting and intense in the mouth with wonderful layering of earth, spice, amaro and floral notions. It’s energized by juicy acidity and structured with finely grained tannins, finishing long and flavorful. This is drinking beautifully now but will benefit from another year in bottle."
- Item #: i_252870Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 97About 20 years ago, David Ramey was part of a select group of winemakers who became tired of "laboratory" or "squeaky clean" wines devoid of character. He wanted to bring terroir back into wines from California, and his success was the benefit of the consumer! David Ramey became known throughout the wine world as a winemaker associated with stellar quality, and he brought his expertise to brands such as Chalk Hill, Matanzas Creek, Dominus Estate and Rudd Estate, as well as his own brand. The prestigious Hyde vineyard is located in the wind-swept Carneros region that straddles both Napa and Sonoma Counties. Larry Hyde's vineyard is the sources for several notable wineries, including Ramey, Patz and Hall, Kistler, Aubert, Tor and Miner. The soils here are only 30 inches deep with impenetrable clay subsoil which limits vine vigor and crop yield. The combination of this region's climate, soil and the Hyde family's dedication to farming as best they can results in some of the most sought-after grapes in California. Combine Dave Ramey with this vineyard, and you have a recipe for one of the best Chardonnays out of Carneros!
JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "More tropical and citrus notes emerge from the 2017 Chardonnay Hyde Vineyard, which has a beautiful chalky minerality as well as medium to full-bodied richness, bright, racy acidity, a crisp texture, and a great finish. With remarkable purity of fruit as well as a chiseled mouthfeel, it's another magical Chardonnay from this estate that will stand up to any Grand Cru White Burgundy out there. It has plenty to love today yet will be best with 2-3 years of bottle age and keep for over a decade."
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Hyde Vineyard is bold and racy. Orange peel, mint, tropical fruit and spice all flesh out effortlessly. The 2017 shows all of the creaminess and density that is such a signature of Hyde Chardonnays. Although the 2017 is quite expressive today, my sense is that it will be even better with more time in bottle."
- Item #: i_275235Bottle Size: 750mlLos Carneros is one of the most prestigious Chardonnay growing area in California, and this wine demonstrates why. Vine Cliff's 2017 Los Carneros Chardonnay is classic Chardonnay. Elegant with complex aromas of pear, green apple, lemon citrus, mineral and floral notes. There is a rich bouquet of hazelnut, butterscotch, and vanilla. The palate is rich and luscious, balanced with bright acidity. Flavors of creme brulee, pear, apple and lemon creme linger on the long smooth finish.