- Item #: i_200580Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "Only the second time this cuvee has been 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, the 2016 ERA is a blend of all the single vineyards and what Jean considered the best wine. I can't argue with him. This wine offers awesome notes of crème de cassis, crushed violets, crushed rocks, hints of mountain scrub brush, and lead pencil shavings. Deep and full-bodied, it has sweet tannins, no hard edges, and a great, great finish. There are 900 cases of this brilliant wine which will benefit from 2-3 years of bottle age and cruise for two decades."
- Item #: i_206730Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94+Vinous Media: 95+ANTONIO GALLONI 95+ POINTS - "The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Mythicus, Blankiet's 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, is another strong wine. Restrained and polished, but with plenty of supporting tannin, the 2014 is shaping up to be another strong wine. Today, the Mythicus is not as different from the Proprietary Red, but it is also tightly wound following its recent bottling. I expect the 2014 will blossom with time in bottle."
ROBERT PARKER 94+ POINTS - "A limited production cuvee (175 cases), the 2014 Mythicus is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon. Deep, rich and silky, with soft tannins but, surprisingly, not the depth of the Proprietary Red, this is still an outstanding wine, made in an elegant style with plenty of silky tannins as well as lots of blackcurrants, licorice, cedar and spice box. This medium to full-bodied wine should drink nicely for the next 15 or more years."
- Item #: i_206985Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98ROBERT PARKER 98 POINTS - "A magnificent wine made the by the brilliant winemaker Chris Carpenter, who also works for the Kendall-Jackson empire at Lakoya and a handful of other estates, this blend of 88% Cabernet Sauvignon and 12% Merlot is sourced from multiple vineyards owned by the Jacksons, from Veeder Peak to Spring Mountain to Howell Mountain. In 2014, it reminded me of a great vintage of Pontet-Canet from Pauillac, but slightly bigger than life. The inky purple color, the stunning nose of cedar wood, unsmoked cigar tobacco, graphite, creme de cassis and subtle new oak is followed by a multi-layered, profoundly concentrated, large-scaled wine with sensational levels of blackcurrant fruit moving toward blackberries. A wine of great intensity, silky tannins and adequate acidity, this is clearly one of the great, great wines of the vintage, and another tour de force in winemaking from Carpenter. It is a 15- to 20- year wine, but the window for drinking its is probably that big as well."
ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "Chris Carpenter's 2014 at Cardinale is superb. Interestingly, the Cardinale is much more expressive than the four premium Cabernets Carpenter made at Lokoya. Cardinale is made from a blend of vineyards throughout Napa Valley, all of them hillside sites."
"A powerful, unctuous wine, the 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon is striking. Intense, expressive aromatics make a strong first impression. Silky tannins wrap around a core of dark red cherry, plum, mocha, spice and leather. Deep, unctuous and beautifully layered throughout, the 2014 Cabernet is a fabulous wine in this vintage. All the elements simply fall into place effortlessly. "
- Item #: i_210490Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Vinous Media: 96+Jeb Dunnuck: 100 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS - "Also inky colored, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Pritchard Hill comes from the estate vineyard on Pritchard Hill and spent 22 months in new French oak. It has a similar level of purity, as well as incredible minerality, to go with notes of creme de cassis, scorched earth, crushed rock, and graphite. Reminiscent of liking a rock with its insane level of minerality, this full-bodied beauty is tight and closed on the palate, yet is just loaded with potential. It's only for those with cold cellars and needs forgotten for 7-8 years, but will keep for 4-5 decades. Bravo!"
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "A blend of 78% Cabernet Sauvignon, 14% Petit Verdot and 8% Malbec, the deep garnet-purple colored 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Pritchard Hill has gone a little reticent at this stage, offering quiet notions of blackberry pie and blueberry tart with sparks of dried herbs, earth and savory/meaty suggestions. Full-bodied, rich and concentrated with a built-like-a-brick-house structure framing the massive fruit, it finishes long with exotic spices coming through."
ANTONIO GALLONI 96+ POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Pritchard Hill is dense, powerful and voluptuous in the glass, and yet it very much retains a classic sense of structure that is one of the signatures of Chappellet wines. Dark red-toned fruit, licorice, smoke, dark spice and dried flowers all meld together. Sumptuous and forward, with terrific depth, the 2015 has a lot to offer. The 100% new French oak is beautifully integrated, even at this early stage. A year ago, the 2015 was hugely tannic. Since then, the tannins have softened and the 2015 has developed into a much more elegant wine."
- Item #: i_210400Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 100Vinous Media: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 100 PointsThis limited-production and highly sought-after Cabernet Sauvignon represents the pinnacle of Chappellet winemaking, and embodies the elegant power and complexity of Pritchard Hill winegrowing. Like the great Bordeaux wines that first inspired Donn Chappellet, this wine is crafted by blending Cabernet Sauvignon with other classic Bordeaux varieties. The wine was aged for 20 months in 100 percent new French oak. Grown on the estate's rocky, mountainside vineyards, Chappellet's Cabernets have consistently displayed an ability to age for several decades.
JEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS - "Cut from the same cloth with the intensity turned all the way up, but with no loss of purity or elegance, the heavenly 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Pritchard Hill Cabernet Sauvignon is a worthy follow up to the otherworldly 2015. Awesome notes of crème de cassis, gamey blueberries, sappy underbrush/mountain scrub brush, flowery incense and crushed rocks all literally soar from the glass of this full-bodied beauty. Hitting the palate with awesome intensity and depth, it stays magically weightless and seamless, with both structure and considerable opulence. Don't miss this wine. I followed this wine for multiple days and it never budged an inch with regard to evolution and oxidation. It's going to keep for 3-4 decades."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Pritchard Hill has a very deep garnet-purple color. To smell the nose is like hearing angels trumpeting at the pearly gates! The most incredible and evocative scents come spilling out of the glass, conjuring notions of freshly crushed black raspberries, wild blueberries, red and black currant compote and raspberry leaves with subtler hints of roses, violets, tilled soil, cigar box and fragrant earth. Medium to full-bodied and achingly graceful in the mouth, the perfumed black and red fruits seemingly dance on the palate with a very firm yet beautifully fine-grained texture and just the right amount of freshness, finishing with epic persistence. Hallelujah—this is perfection!!"
ANTONIO GALLONI 97 POINTS - "Just as it was from barrel, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Pritchard Hill is magnificent. Powerful and explosive on the palate, the 2016 simply has it all. The interplay of fruit density, power and vibrancy is simply dazzling. Raspberry jam, mocha, wild flowers, mint and cedar open up in the glass, but it is the wine's textural brilliance, stature and vibrancy that leave the deepest impression. Time in the glass brings out a more floral and red-toned character to round things out in style."
- Item #: i_214910Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 95+Proprietor Cliff Lede purchased the S. Anderson property in StagsLeap District, and he knew in order to make the best wine possible, he had to surround himself with people asobsessed as he. He found this quality in winemaker Christopher Tynan, consulting winemaker Michel Rolland, andviticulturalist Dave Abreu.
ROBERT PARKER 95+ POINTS - "Always one of the stars of Napa is Cliff Lede's Cabernet Sauvignon Poetry and the 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Poetry is a blend of 87% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Merlot, 6% Cabernet Franc and the rest Petit Verdot. Never the biggest wine made by Cliff Lede, this is an elegant, classic Stags Leap example with finesse allied to beautifully pure power and balance. Deep and rich and possibly, at this stage, less expressive than some of its siblings, it is simply loaded and poised for a brilliant future. Consumers should give this 4-5 years of bottle age and drink it over the following 25-30 years."
- Item #: i_213010Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 99Continuum celebrates the ongoing legacy of the Mondavi family's proud history in Napa Valley. It represents a new beginning, and reaffirms their longstanding commitment to winemaking excellence. At the helm is Tim Mondavi who led the winemaking team at Robert Mondavi Winery for 30 years. He is joined in guiding the vision and direction by his sister Marcia, his children Dante, Carlo and Carissa Mondavi. Carissa, Dante, and Carlo are the fourth generation to join the winery. Carlo and Dante have since shifted focus to their own project called Raen which we highly urge you to check out as well.
The wine comes from the family's vineyard atop the Vaca Mountains that run along the eastern side the Napa Valley. This mountainous region is home to other illustrious wineries such as David Arthur, Ovid, Bryant, Chappellet, and Gandona. This year's blend is 46% Cabernet Sauvignon, 31% Cabernet Franc, 18% Petit Verdot, and 5% Merlot. The wine was bottled with fining or filtering, to preserve much of the complexity of the wine.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 99 POINTS - "The 2016 Proprietary Red is blended of 46% Cabernet Sauvignon, 31% Cabernet Franc, 18% Petit Verdot and 5% Merlot. Deep garnet-purple colored, it emits an incredible array of seductive floral notes—violets, lavender and rose hip tea—with a core of warm cassis, redcurrant jelly, dark chocolate, cigar box, tapenade and crushed rocks plus hints of bay leaves, beef drippings and yeast extract. Medium to full-bodied, the palate explodes with vivacious black fruit sparked by red fruit, herbal and mineral accents. It is framed with a rock-solid line of firm, grainy, super ripe tannins and finishes with fantastic fragrance and freshness. Wow!"
- Item #: i_215550Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 91Wine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Extracted and supple, offering ripe currant, loamy earth, green olive, savory herb and cedary oak flavors that fall comfortably into place. Ends with a long, graceful finish. Best from 2018 through 2030."
ROBERT PARKER 91 POINTS - "The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon, which has 8% Petit Verdot added, has a dense ruby/purple color, beautiful blackcurrant fruit, plum, spice box and earth. It is medium to full-bodied, with supple tannins and seems classic and very much 2014 in style with its front-end-loaded fruit, lushness and irresistibility. This charming and complex wine should drink nicely for the next 10-15 years."
- Item #: i_214180Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon is super-refined, polished and articulate, with mid-weight structure and fine overall balance. Readers should expect a somewhat laid-back wine by Dalla Valle's standards. In 2014, the Cabernet Sauvignon is especially aromatic and nuanced. It should drink well with minimal cellaring."
- Item #: i_214160Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94-96ANTONIO GALLONI 94+ POINTS - "Naoko Dalla Valle's 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon is an exotically ripe, flamboyant wine that captures the best the vintage has to offer. A rush of black cherry and plum fruit makes a bold opening statement. The 2015 was just bottled and is naturally quite primary at this stage. Readers should plan on cellaring it for at least a few years, which will allow the aromatics to open up. The Dalla Valle Cabernet Sauvignon usually starts drinking well at around age ten. I expect that will be the case here as well."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94-96 POINTS - "Inky purple colored, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate leaps from the glass with youthful, exuberant red and black currants notes over scents of garrigue, cedar, violets, rose hip, iron ore, dusty earth and underbrush. Medium to full-bodied, finely constructed and with bags of finesse, it sports a solid line of very fine-grained tannins and impressive earth-inspired layers, finishing with great persistence. This was tasted as a barrel sample."
- Item #: i_200452Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "Winemaker Nile Zacherle crafts some of the most elegant, polished Cabernets readers will taste on Pritchard Hill. As good as the wines are, they would almost certainly be even better if the estate took a few more risks. Today, the wines are almost always outstanding, but there may be an even higher level of quality that can be achieved here."
ROBERT PARKER 95 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Elevation 1147 has the darker, more spiced profile found in the Three Acre with the lift and freshness of the Old Vine. All the elements come together nicely in this super-expressive Pritchard Hill Cabernet Sauvignon. The 2015 is wonderfully dense and lush, and yet retains quite a bit of freshness."
- Item #: i_216150Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 100Jeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsFinally...the much-anticipated 2016 Dominus Estate is here! One of Napa Valley's most revered Cabernet-blends is back, and will sell out quickly just like every year prior! One of the most respected wine producers in the world, Christian Moueix is on a personal quest for perfection in grape growing and winemaking. It is a journey that began in Bordeaux and continues today at Dominus Estate, where he has instilled his philosophy and inspired his team to share his values. To walk the vineyard with Christian is to witness a commitment to the land, a strong sense of purpose, and the modest soul of a man of the vines.
It is not uncommon for the Dominus Estate Cabernet-Blend to reach a near perfect score, and it has even garnered that perfect 100 point score a few times (2010, 2013, and 2015). However, this release stands on its own. Critic Lisa Perrotti-Brown (who reviews the Napa wines for Robert Parker's Wine Advocate) has even stated, "If I could give more than 100 for this one, I would." Lisa has become one of the more respected critics in the wine world, so for her to make that statement truly says something about the wine!
In the late 1960s, while attending the University of California at Davis, Christian Moueix fell in love with the Napa Valley and its wine. Son of Jean-Pierre Moueix, the famed wine merchant and producer from Libourne, France, Moueix returned home in 1970 to manage the family vineyards, including Chateaux Petrus. His love of Napa Valley lingered, and, in 1981, he discovered the historic Napanook Vineyard, a 124-acre site west of Yountville that had been the source of fruit for some of the finest Napa Valley wines of the 1940s and 1950s. In 1982, Moueix entered into a partnership to develop the vineyard, and in 1985, became its sole owner. He chose the name "Dominus" or "Lord of the Estate" in Latin to underscore his longstanding commitment to stewardship of the land.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "A blend of 84% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Petit Verdot and 8% Cabernet Franc aged in 40% new oak, the 2016 Proprietary Red Wine is deep purple-black in color and quite reticent at this youthful stage to begin, offering up subtle notions of potpourri, Indian spices, cigar box and iron ore over a core of crushed blackberries and black cherries with intermittent wafts of black and red currants, new leather and smoked meats. The palate is medium to full-bodied with a densely packed mid-palate and oodles of freshness framed by very ripe, finely grained tannins and laced with compelling earthy accents. It offers incredible vibrancy with tons of black and red fruit sparkle in the mid-palate leading to a provocative mineral element on the very long finish. If I could give more than 100 for this one, I would. To be released in May 2019."
JEB DUNNUCK 98+ POINTS - "Another possible legend in the making is the 2016 Dominus, a classic blend of 84% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Petit Verdot and the rest Cabernet Franc brought up in 40% new French oak. Pure, pristine notes of charcoal, cold fireplace, smoke tobacco, and both blue and black fruits all flow to a full-bodied 2016 that has incredible elegance and finesse, yet also depth and density. It's more backward and reserved than the 2015 and needs 4-5 years of cellaring. It will unquestionably live for 25-30 years."
- Item #: i_203400Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 100**Please note, this is a half sized bottleROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "Medium to deep garnet-purple in color, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon charges from the gate with exuberant red and black cherries notes, black currants and mulberries with a beautiful roses and lavender perfume, plus hints of sandalwood and cinnamon stick. Full-bodied, concentrated and downright explosive in the mouth, it is still wearing loads of gorgeous puppy-fat fruit flavors, offering suggestions of the complex, multilayered blockbuster that it will emerge into. The structure deserves its own mention: wonderful, seamless freshness and oh-so-fine, pixelated tannins, with an extraordinary persistence of fruit and mineral nuances. Wow."
- Item #: i_220030Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "From a terrific vineyard on the west side of Yountville, and one I suspect will be more well known in the future due to the quality of the farming, the 100% Cabernet 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Bettinelli Sleeping Lady is a pretty, elegant yet full-bodied beauty that has terrific notes of blue fruits, violets, bay leaf, and damp earth. It has an almost mountain fruit-like tension and purity, fine tannins, and a great finish. In short, it's a thrilling Napa Valley Cabernet that's going to keep for 25 years or more."
- Item #: i_226330Bottle Size: 750mlOnly 9 barrels of this wine were produced. A blend of 87% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Petite Sirah, and 5% Merlot, the wine opens with soft aromatics of a wild blackberry patch, pencil shavings and ripe fig, while the nose evolves into a more nuanced melange of violets, fresh sepia pasta and salad nicoise. Vibrant and energetic upon entry, the vintage's elegant qualities continue with a refined mid-palate of dark berry fruits, a touch of licorice and dark chocolate. The robust tannins - a result of the estate's alluvial soils - will develop and mature well into the next decade.
We get a small amount of this wine each year, and this has a track record of receiving high scores from critics. Scores from the past three vintages are:
2014 Vintage - ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97+ POINTS 2013 Vintage - ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS 2012 Vintage - ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS
- Item #: i_235280Bottle Size: 750mlEvery year Kenefick Ranch produces multiple lots of Cabernet Sauvignon from which they use for our wines. This is a specific barrel selection of 3 of the best clones they grow on the property. It is a unique wine that they only produced for PNV. A blend of clones 15, 169, and 337, each clone has a set of properties and characteristics that define its individuality and perfectly complement the other to produce this PNV wine. Produced entire from Kenefick Ranch's sustainably farmed vineyards, this wine was aged in 100% new French oak.
- Item #: i_245270Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Vinous Media: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsThis is the personal label of Luc Morlet and his wife Jodie. Luc has made the wines at Newton Vineyards, where he cotinued to craft their highly-touted Unfiltered Chardonnay Unfiltered (a collector favorite). He then became the head winemaker for Peter Michael Winery and crafted their wines from the 2001-2005 vintages, where he made a 98-point Cabernet-blend and a 99-point Chardonnay!
The "Passionement" Cabernet Sauvignon comes from one of the best vineyards in Napa Valley's Oakville area. Dark purple in color, this has intense and complex bouquet of red, black and blue berries intermixed with notes of blueberries, Creme de Cassis, plum, cedar and a hint of cedar and cigar box. Full bodied, the palate is reminiscent of the nose, with a creamy texture and a great intensity. The luscious tannins, the intense aromatic complexity and its opulence create a flamboyant yet harmonious ensemble, leading to a very long, complex and smooth finish. This early charming and collectible wine represents the passionate, uncompromised and on-going pursuit of quality.
JEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "I loved these latest releases from Luc Morlet and family, and they show a sensational mix of classic, balanced, even old-school, characters mixed with killer California fruit. As a whole, the 2014s show more elegance and complexity, with the 2015s possessing more power and richness. These are rockstar wines."
"The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Passionnement comes from a site in Oakville (there's a tiny portion from St. Helena) and is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon. It offers a ripe, sweetly fruited, elegant, yet also powerful style that just glides over the palate with no sense of heaviness or coarseness. Revealing notes of creme de cassis, crushed flowers, graphite, and spice, this cuvee always shines for its seamless, elegant personality, yet it never lacks for density or richness."
ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Passionnement, tasted from magnum, is plush, sensual and inviting. In 2014, the Passionnement is a bit restrained, but that is not necessarily a bad thing for this wine, which is a selection of the best barrels in the cellar. Bittersweet chocolate, lavender, graphite, spice and silky tannins add to the wine's considerable appeal."
ROBERT PARKER 95 POINTS - "The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Passionnement is a relatively small cuvee of 250 cases from Oakville. Sweet tannin, a seamless entry on the palate, an opaque ruby/purple color and a big kiss of creme de cassis, blackberry, scorched earth and burning embers is followed by a wine with a long finish, moderate tannin and surprising intensity and power for a 2014. Drink it over the next 30 years."
- Item #: i_242070Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Blended of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 18% Cabernet Franc, 15% Merlot and 7% Petit Verdot, the 2015 Les Pavots Proprietary Red Wine is scented of creme de cassis, blueberries and baking spices with hints of chocolate box, black earth and cigar box. Medium to full-bodied, the palate simply sings with black fruit preserves and spicy layers, supported by chewy tannins and plenty of freshness, finishing long. 2,870 cases were made."
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Les Pavots is wonderfully refined and nuanced, especially within the context of the vintage. Classy and polished to the core, the 2015 is all grace. Hints of mocha, grilled herbs, menthol, licorice and new leather all meld together effortlessly. The extreme conditions of the growing season have baked out some of the intensely savory and mineral character that is typically such a big part of the wine’s personality. In exchange, though, the 2015 is polished and very nicely textured, both of which make it easy to enjoy young."
- Item #: i_242080Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95+ POINTS - "A blend of 62% Cabernet Sauvignon, 18% Cabernet Franc, 13% Merlot and 7% Petit Verdot, the very deep purple-black colored 2016 Les Pavots Proprietary Red Wine sings of crushed blackcurrants, blueberry preserves and blackberry pie with hints of camphor, black soil, truffles, crushed rocks and red roses plus a touch of garrigue. Full, rich and with wonderful finesse in the mouth, it has very finely grained tannins and plenty of vivacity, finishing long and earthy. 3,700 cases produced, to be released in the spring of 2019."