- Item #: i_210870Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2016 Chronology Red is a blend of 30% Petite Sirah, 27% Cabernet Sauvignon, 12% Grenache, 12% Syrah, 5% Mourvedre, 5% Mission, 5% Cabernet Franc, 3% Malbec and 1% Merlot aged in 14% new French and American oak. Deep garnet-purple colored, it has intense scents of cassis, warm plums, black cherries and violets with hints of black pepper and tilled earth. Full-bodied, rich and velvety, it has a refreshing line and long earth-laced finish. 2,509 cases produced."
- Item #: i_206494Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 64% Petite Sirah, 23% Syrah, 10% Zinfandel, 2% Lagrein, and 1% Tannat, the 2017 Pessimist has a powerful and intensely aromatic nose that ascends to greet you with blueberry, boysenberry and black plum fragrance. Evolving layers reveal elderberry and truffle, with cocoa and cardamom spice accents, further augmented by hints of eucalyptus, leather, cherry pipe tobacco and grilled meats. Broad and expansive on the palate, bestowing lush and generous flavors of black cherry, blueberry, creme de cassis and damp forest floor. Notes of lavender, anise and black olives complement the rich fruit. Massive in weight yet elegantly structured, this wine is a powerhouse that reveals itself in controlled stages .
- Item #: i_218830Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2015 Earthquake Petite Sirah offers the varietal's typical full-bodied tannins, but the fruit is so opulent that its tannins are a very small part of its story. A whiff of violet lures you in, but then it's all dark chocolate and summer blackberry in the mouth. Tooth-staining, yes, but this is no Zinfandel on steroids. More elegant than previous vintages, it's down right pretty.
- Item #: i_277695Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Tasting Notes: "An inviting bouquet of toasted pastry frames the dark fruit characters of blackberry and olallieberry on the palate. Our gentle approach to winemaking delivers a rich and dense tannin structure that doesn’t disappoint."
- Item #: i_201400Bottle Size: 750mlSeriously…why can't more producers make wine this good…and at this price?!?!?! Aaron Jackson grew up in the Paso Robles region, and he's been making wine since he was a teenager (literally!). That being said, he's found many vineyards that are so secluded that other producers don't even know where those vineyards are!
Aaron's second label wine, KEOLA is comprised of barrels and lots from the same vineyards that make up his top-tier AARON wines. These barrels are declassified lots or extra barrels that don't find their way into our top cuvees, and thus make their way into KEOLA and are presented an awesome wine for everyday drinking.
Each of the vineyard lots were hand picked and sorted three times prior to processing into small open top fermentors. Petite Sirah, Syrah, and Grenache were 100% destemmed, while the Graciano was fermented wtih 50% whole clusters. The fruit was chilled to 48F and cold-soaked for 4-8 days, until a spontaneous native fermentation began. Fermentations are kept cool to help retain aromatics in the finished wines. Delastage was performed for the first 7 days, followed by hand punchdowns twice per day over the course of another 3 weeks, totaling 35-40 days of skin contact. Unfined and unfiltered, with only small amounts of sulfites added.
- Item #: i_205250Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottlePetite Sirah was the most commonly planted grape in Napa Valley for nearly a century and now we are witnessing a resurgence and new appreciation for this historic hero variety! The 2016 Royal Punishers has a healthy deep, dark blue/black color profile. Aromas of plum, quince, violets, figs, molasses, graphite and marbled rye awaken the nose. The entry is viscous and weighty, then builds into a broad mid palate structure which has layers of ripe, black fruit flavors. The oak profile is balanced and the tannins are mouthwatering and medium grained which hold the fruit profile and carry a long, lingering finish.
- Item #: i_274880Bottle Size: 750mlWinery's Notes: This new release is the return of our ‘cult following’ wine showcasing huge aromas of wild flower, honey, blueberries, and sweet molasses. Take in the holiday spice upon the palate with dark plums, cinnamon, and cardamom. This is a perfect wine for the autumn season.