- Item #: i_203370Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 100ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon has a deep garnet-purple color. Its nose begins a little reserved, slowly revealing a quiet intensity of freshly crushed blackberries, chocolate-covered cherries, cassis and aniseed with compelling nuances of black tea, cigar box, truffles and charcuterie, plus, with coaxing, gentle wafts of red roses and crushed rocks emerge. The medium to full-bodied palate is simply arresting, offering a a myriad floral and earth sparks amidst a black fruit core and with seamless, firm, very fine-grained tannins. Well-knit freshness brings forth layer after layer of delicate nuances on the very long, mineral-laced finish. The team at Eisele, led by Frederic Engerer (of Chateau Latour) and beautifully orchestrated by winemaker Helene Mingot, have knocked it out of the park this vintage with this singular expression that both embraces the site's heritage and reveals parts unknown."
- Item #: i_248150Bottle Size: 3 LiterWine Advocate: 97Vinous Media: 97ANTONIO GALLONI 97 POINTS - "The 2015 Opus One is a terrific example of the year. Super-ripe and flamboyant in style, with tons of fruit pushed forward, the 2015 has a lot to offer. Today, the primary intensity of the fruit and some of the new oak need time to subside, but there is a lot to look forward to. A rush of super-ripe red cherry, plum, mocha, espresso and wild flowers build into the huge, creamy finish."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "Medium to deep garnet-purple color, it bursts from the glass with beautiful violets, lavender, rose hip tea and chocolate-covered cherries scents over a core of crushed blackberries, black cherries, cassis and iron ore. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is wonderfully bright and crunchy, with bags of fresh black and red berries and a wonderfully plush, finely grained texture, finishing long and fragrant."
- Item #: i_230800Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 98ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "Deep purple-black in color, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer To Kalon Vineyard opens with seducing notes of crushed black currants, blueberry compote and dried mulberries with hints of spice cake, sandalwood, dried roses and star anise plus a touch of smoked meats. Full-bodied, rich, ripe and densely packed, the opulent fruit is superbly framed by velvety tannins and just enough freshness, finishing with lingering spice layers. 758 cases were made."
- Item #: i_276490Bottle Size: 1.5LVinous Media: 96+Jeb Dunnuck: 96ANTONIO GALLONI 96+ POINTS - "The 2017 Screaming Eagle is a deeply intriguing, fascinating wine, as it represents just a small portion of the harvest in that only pre-fire lots were used here (and in The Flight). As a result, the 2017 is unusually bright and tightly wound, with a decidedly savory, mineral-infused, old school-leaning personality. I won't be surprised if the 2017 turns out to be even better than this note suggests, although I also don't expect I will taste it too often given that the entire production was bottled in magnum."
JEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "The team at Screaming Eagle first declared that they wouldn't be releasing their flagship Cabernet Sauvignon in 2017, yet they were able to make a draconian selection, so there's a minuscule amount of the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon scheduled to be released only in magnums. It's unquestionably a beautiful wine and has the classic elegance and regal quality this cuvée always shows as well as pure aromatics of creme de cassis, graphite, acacia flowers, and subtle background oak. With medium to full body, a seamless, multi-dimensional texture, and great tannin quality, it's going to be accessible with short-term cellaring and, given the magnum-only format, evolve at a glacier pace."
- Item #: i_259580Bottle Size: 3LWine Advocate: 98+Jeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 98+ POINTS - "Very deep purple-black in color, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Hillside Select comes bounding out of the glass with gregarious scents of creme de cassis, warm black cherries, plum preserves and Indian spices with hints of lilacs, garrigue, stewed tea and cigar box plus a waft of charcuterie. Full-bodied, rich, boldly fruited and wildly decadent, it has a rock-solid frame of grainy tannins and compelling freshness, finishing with loads of earthy and savory layers."
JEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "I was able to taste four vintages of the estate's flagship Cabernet Sauvignon, their Hillside Select. This first growth-like cuvee was first made in 1978 and always comes from their estate Hillside Vineyard just above their estate in Stags Leap. This is a 54-acre south-facing, amphitheater-like vineyard of thin, rocky, volcanic soils. Today the cuvee is always 100% Cabernet Sauvignon that spends upwards of 32 months in new French oak. It is consistently one of the greatest Cabernet Sauvignons in the world. Starting with their 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Hillside Select, it boasts a deep, saturated purple hue as well as a heavenly bouquet of sweet blueberry and cassis fruits interwoven with plenty of graphite, tobacco, and lead pencil notes, with ample minerality emerging with time in the glass. This was a hot, low-yielding vintage for Napa, and while this beauty is massively concentrated, it's also silky and seamless, with great tannins, no sense of over-ripeness or heaviness, and a finish that goes on for nearly a minute. This is a brilliant, incredibly sexy wine to enjoy over the coming 30-40 years."
- Item #: i_259570Bottle Size: 3LWine Advocate: 100Vinous Media: 100Jeb Dunnuck: 1003 Liter Bottle
ANTONIO GALLONI 100 POINTS - "The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Hillside Select is a wine of extraordinary beauty. The purity of the flavors is simply striking, but what really stands out is the wine's mind-blowing balance and total sense of harmony. An exotic melange of inky blue/purplish fruit, spice, new leather, lavender and licorice build as this sumptuous, dazzling Cabernet Sauvignon shows off its alluring personality. In a word: magnificent!"
JEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS - "Pure perfection, the prodigious 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Hillside Select reveals an even deeper purple/blue hue as well as extraordinary notes of unsmoked tobacco, crushed rocks, graphite, creme de cassis, and blueberries. With a massive, full-bodied profile and a texture that builds incrementally on the palate, it has a stacked mid-palate, ultra-fine (yet lots of them) tannins, flawless balance, and a monster of a finish. It's tight and closed at the moment, so hide bottles for a solid 7-8 years. It should age at a glacier pace."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "Very deep, vibrant purple-black colored, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Hillside Select strides confidently out of the glass with expressive notions of blueberry preserves, Black Forest cake, cassis and cedar chest with touches of pencil lead, licorice, violets and sandalwood plus a an exotic waft of Indian spices. The rich, densely packed, full-bodied palate is at once thrillingly hedonic and perfectly poised, featuring a rock-solid frame of firm, exquisitely ripe tannins and tons of freshness, finishing epically long and with stunning opulence. Bravo!"
- Item #: i_262640Bottle Size: 3LWine Advocate: 97+Jeb Dunnuck: 96 PointsSpottswoode is one of the unquestionable superstars of Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. For over 40 years the Novak family has farmed their grapes with the sole intention of producing the best Cabernet Sauvignon that they can, and it now rivals the best in the world! Their property is located in western St. Helena, located in the upper region of the Napa Valley. Butted against the gorgeous backdrop of the Mayacamas Mountains, the vines are planted in soils that are high in gravel and clay content. This brings ripe, rich fruit flavors while naturally retaining the structure and backbone that so many other producers struggle to maintain. Spottswoode was among the first wineries to have adopted organics, having farmed their vineyard organically since 1985 and acquired California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF) certification in 1992.
Produced in small quantities, Spottswoode is a wine that is not easy to secure. That being said, we have been loyal supporters of the Novak and Milliken families for decades, and this year we received this truly stunning wine in four sizes: half bottles, regular 750mL bottles, magnum bottles, and even a double magnum! This is not the first time Spottswoode has crafted a wine that earned the perfect 100 point score, but this year it has earned 100 points from both Jeb Dunnuck, as well as Lisa Perrotti-Brown (Robert Parker's Wine Advocate)!
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97+ POINTS - "Made of 89% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Cabernet Franc and 4% Petit Verdot, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon is deep garnet-purple in color and prances out of the glass with vivacious blackberries, crushed black cherries, warm black currants and red currant jelly scents plus exotic hints of cassia, cardamom, fenugreek and star anise with a waft of underbrush. Medium-bodied, the palate has fantastic energy and beautiful poise, with bags of bright, crunchy black and red fruit plus a firm, fine-grained texture, finishing long and spicy."
ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "Spottswoode's 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon has been simply tremendous on both occasions I have tasted it so far. Sweet red cherry, red plum, flowers and mint give the 2017 striking freshness to complement its decidedly mid-weight structure. The intense heat of the vintage caused ripening to slow down and yielded a wine with just 13.7% alcohol, which is low for both the estate and Napa Valley in general. Spottswoode was one of the first estates in the valley to adopt a more moderate approach to farming and that really paid off in 2017, as a wine of this level in that year could have only resulted from impeccable farming. In a word: magnificent!"
JEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "Looking at the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate, which was bottled two months prior to my tasting, it too has a Chateau Margaux-like complexity and elegance, with beautiful notes of crème de cassis, sandalwood, dried flowers, tobacco leaf, and lead pencil. Harvested all pre-fire, it hits the palate with medium to full-bodied richness, silky tannins, and remarkable purity, all making for a quintessential Spottswoode that's going to benefit from 3-5 years of bottle age and keep for 20+ years."