- Item #: i_210600Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 94JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Moving to the reds, the 2016 Pinot Noir The Coast is drinking beautifully today and offers a complex bouquet of mint laced black cherries, clove, and cinnamon as well as some classic California conifer tree notes. Medium to full-bodied, with outstanding purity of fruit and great balance, drink it over the coming 7-8 years or so."
- Item #: i_228340Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 92ROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS - "The 2006 Chardonnay (4,600+ cases) was 80% tank-fermented with no malolatic, and 33% spent 18 months in barrel. It possesses lovely white peach, pear, and crushed rock characteristics, full body, splendid acidity as well as purity, and a gracious integration of subtle oak. This beautiful white can be enjoyed over the next 5-6 years."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Flinty, with a tight beam of mineral, white peach, nectarine, green apple and lime flavors that are concentrated, keeping the focus on the vibrant fruit. Drink now through 2014. 3,253 cases made."
- Item #: i_228010Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Comments: "With the complex fruit of a well grown, mature Chardonnay vineyard, coupled with the vineyard's inherent minerality and steely acidity, the intention is to cellar this rare wine, as it will develop over many years to come. With a beautiful pale straw and slight yellow color, this youthful beauty offers aromas of peach, meyer lemon, roasted hazelnut, crème brulee, douglas fir, baked apple and wet stone, and is classically Hanzell. It is full bodied with a very rich mouthfeel and an extremely long finish. If you are not a patient person, decanting this wine for a minimum of two hours prior to serving is recommended."
- Item #: i_228560Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Notes: "The complex aromas of dried cherry, blackberry bramble, orange peel, cherry tobacco, cedar, sandalwood, cardamom, pink peppercorn and forest floor give a decidedly autumn impression. Amazingly silky across the palate with sweet red fruits on the mid-palate, plenty of fine textured tannins and a long toasty finish. This is one of the most elegant and approachable Hanzell Vineyards Pinot Noirs in recent memory."
- Item #: i_245330Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 95This is the personal label of Luc Morlet and his wife Jodie. Luc created Newton Vineyard’s Chardonnay Unfiltered, a collector favorite that’s received 96 points from Robert Parker, Jr. He then became the head winemaker for Peter Michael Winery and crafted their wines from the 2001-2005 vintages, where he made a 98-point Cabernet-blend and a 99-point Chardonnay!
This Pinot Noir is made from the very best section of the excellent "Coteaux Nobles" hillside vineyard on the eastern slope of the second ridge from the ocean, on the Sonoma Coast. Hand-crafted using classical Burgundian techniques, this unique wine is also named after the seductive character of the Pinot Noir grape. It is the "Charming Character" or "Joli Coeur."
ROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS - "Luc Morlet (whose brother Nicolas Morlet is winemaker at Peter Michael) continues to fine-tune his beautiful historic stone winery on Rt. 29, just to the north of the Culinary Institute of America. His newest lineup of wines continues his production of three cuvees of Chardonnay, three cuvees of Pinot Noir, a Syrah, a Sauvignon/Semillon Blanc, five Bordeaux-inspired Cabernet Sauvignons and a Cabernet Franc. All of the Chardonnays are based around the Old Wente clone that is so popular with the top Chardonnay winemakers. Rumor has it that it probably came from the great Grand Cru vineyard known as Corton-Charlemagne in Burgundy in the 1930s, but no one has the evidence to prove it."
"Morlet's top selection is the 2014 Pinot Noir Joli Coeur. This has the darkest fruits, crisp acids, more minerality, structure and tannin with a more muscular, backward feel. This wine would benefit from a year of bottle age and drink well for at least 10-15 years."
ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "Things seem quite busy at Morlet Family Vineyards. Luc and Jodie Morlet are developing an additional 3.5 acres of land at their estate vineyard in St. Helena. Last year, the Morlets planted a new vineyard in the heart of Oakville, so there will be a greater focus on estate fruit in the future, once those newly planted vineyards come on line. Stylistically, the wines offer plenty of textural richness and opulence, as they always have. At the same time, I see a bit more freshness in these wines than was common just a few years ago."
"The 2014 Pinot Noir Joli Coeur offers a super-appealing interplay of juicy dark red cherry and raspberry flavor, with striking inner sweetness and lifted aromatics. Dense, pliant and voluptuous, the 2014 is exceptionally polished."
- Item #: i_230640Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94ROBERT PARKER's WINE ADVOCATE 98+ POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Cuvee Agustina Richard Dinner Vineyard slowly opens to quince paste, banana cream, lemon pith and apples with nuances of allspice, honeycomb, lilac, earth and a spicy undercurrent. It's medium to full-bodied, silky, concentrated and layered with vibrant freshness and a long, intense finish. This is lovely! 238 cases produced."
- Item #: i_276360Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 97-100Vinous Media: 95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97-100 POINTS - "A tank sample, the 2018 Chardonnay Ma Belle Fille comes from a block planted to a field selection of Hudson, Old Wente, Montrachet and Calera clone selections. Winemaker Nick Morlet informs me that the berries are tiny across the board here. It prances out of the glass with joyful orange oil, fresh grapefruit and lime cordial aromas plus nuances of shaved almonds, wet slate, nutmeg and beeswax with a hint of honeysuckle. The palate is very tight-knit and a little closed at this stage, with emerging sparks of intense citrus fruits and savory/yeasty/toasty notes, framed by amazing freshness and a silken texture, finishing long and chalky. 2,190 cases are due to be made."
ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "The 2018 Chardonnay Ma Belle-Fille is dense, powerful and tightly wound. I would give it a few years to come together. Ripe apricot, orange confit, baked apple tart and wild flowers infuse the 2018 with notable complexity to match its dense, packed personality."
- Item #: i_252945Bottle Size: 1.5LRaen is a new project put out by Carlo and Dante Mondavi, grandsons of the famed Robert Mondavi. Carlo and Dante are fourth generation vintners born and raised in Napa Valley who "cut their teeth" working under Tim Mondavi at the Robert Mondavi Winery as well as Opus One. The two brothers credit their dad Tim for the passion they share for Pinot Noir, as Tim is a big Burgundy fan and was a pioneer for California Pinot Noir through the '70s. Raen's Sonoma Coast bottling has been named Royal St. Robert Cuvee, in the honor of Carlo and Dante Mondavi's grandfather (Robert Mondavi) who taught them to be committed to excellence.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Pale to medium ruby-purple colored, the 2016 Pinot Noir Royal St. Robert struts a super savory nose of chargrilled meats, yeast extract, wood smoke and forest floor with a core of wild strawberries, raspberry tart and cranberries plus touches of dried Provence herbs and truffles. The medium-bodied palate reveals a chewy frame with seamless acid supporting a great core of expressive, earthy layers culminating in a long, mineral-laced finish."
- Item #: i_252930Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94Raen is a new project put out by Carlo and Dante Mondavi, grandsons of the famed Robert Mondavi. Carlo and Dante are fourth generation vintners born and raised in Napa Valley who "cut their teeth" working under Tim Mondavi at the Robert Mondavi Winery as well as Opus One. The two brothers credit their dad Tim for the passion they share for Pinot Noir, as Tim is a big Burgundy fan and was a pioneer for California Pinot Noir through the '70s. Raen's Sonoma Coast bottling has been named Royal St. Robert Cuvee, in the honor of Carlo and Dante Mondavi's grandfather (Robert Mondavi) who taught them to be committed to excellence.
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Bodega is the clear stand out in this range from Raen. Pliant and deep, with terrific presence, the Bodega is impeccably balanced from start to finish. I imagine it will be an even more compelling wine in another few years' time. Bright red cherry fruit, pomegranate, mint, spice and blood orange all infuse the 2018 with tons of character. This is such a pretty and expressive wine, but it needs time in bottle for some of its youthful austerity to soften."