- Item #: i_276541Bottle Size: 750mlAged 9 months in barrel, 16% new French oak. · Moderately light ruby red color in the glass. The nose opens nicely over time in the glass, offering fresh aromas of dark red cherry, spice and dusty oak. Light weighted and easy going, with bright flavors of cherry, strawberry and mocha. Lacy in texture with silky tannins and a cherry-fueled finish. A simple but redeeming wine.
- Item #: i_225200Bottle Size: 750ml"Chalone isn't a label; it's a place on earth." The wines speak to the limestone and decomposed granite soils that are specific to this wild, isolated mountain plateau in Monterey County. The low-nutrient soils make the vines struggle and give the wines unique minerality; the diurnal temperature swings and cool winds retain acidity; the intense sunshine builds flavors and tannin structure; and the age of the vines enhances the wines' concentration, complexity and ageability.
Chalone's 2018 Estate Chardonnay is crisp and refreshing with a beautiful golden hue. It opens up with nuances of stone fruit, wet rock and a hint of oak. Their Burgundian style Chardonnay boasts a unique minerality and exceptional complexity derived from mature vineyards coupled with ancient limestone that runs through the Chalone AVA. Pair this Chardonnay with creamy lobster mac and cheese topped with crunchy, golden bread crumbs.
- Item #: i_216010Bottle Size: 750mlChamisal's 2017 Monterey County Chardonnay is vinified using traditional Burgundian winemaking techniques. This includes whole cluster pressing, barrel fermentations, batonnage, native yeast, and malolactic fermentation. They utilize press cuts to fine-tune quality and vinify in many small lots, allowing to assemble their Monterey Chardonnay with a focus on quality and richness.
This full-bodied wine exhibits classic varietal characteristics with aromas of toasted oak and creme brrlee. The entry is fruit driven with hints of lemon cream, Fuji apple, ripe pineapple and baked pear, leading to a rich and creamy mid-palate. Finishing clean with lingering acidity and broad texture, the wine is a beautiful example of Monterey County Chardonnay.
- Item #: i_211110Bottle Size: 750mlAt this point in its young life, it is light straw in color and boasts bright tropical notes of pineapple and guava. The lively, crisp-apple acidity on the finish provides a nice balance to a lush and creamy texture on the palate. This is their thirty-sixth consecutive vintage of Dry Gewurztraminer, and one of the best!
- Item #: i_227970Bottle Size: 750mlFrancis Ford presents another refreshingly-priced Pinot with refreshing Pinot character! Every Francis Coppola Diamond Collection wine is made with grapes grown in California regions best suited to each varietal. This one is sourced from specific sites within Monterey. The smallest of these vineyards lies on the eastern side of the Salinas Valley, where its loamy sand soils provide ideal drainage, thus adding to the concentration and density of the wine. The largest vineyard is just below the Santa Lucia Highlands, enjoying coastal fog and Pacific breezes that allow for a long growing season.
Displaying a deep garnet color, the enticing bouquet blooms with strawberry and hints of lavender and cherries, followed by a palate of dried cranberry, spice and earth.
- Item #: i_228290Bottle Size: 750mlThe Hahn Family has been farming in the Santa Lucia Highlands area since the late ‘70s with land purchased to graze livestock. It didn’t take long for Nicky Hahn to see a much greater potential for his acreage and by 1980 had produced his first wine. The region’s climate was unique from surrounding areas and over the next 8 years it gained its status as an AVA thanks to Nicky Hahn leading the charge. Over the years the family has acquired additional Vineyards in the region totaling 650 acres all sustainably farmed and family operated.
- Item #: i_228210Bottle Size: 750mlSince 1980 the Hahn family has cultivated their hillside vineyards in Monterey County. Today, Hahn Winery remains committed to crafting rich, supple wines which consistently over deliver on quality. The grapes for this wine were grown in the Arroyo Seco appellation of Monterey County, which sits on a gravelly alluvial plain beneath the Santa Lucia mountain range. Cool winds from Monterey Bay ensure gradual ripening and development of vibrant flavors. The rocky soils allow excellent drainage, enhancing intensity and promoting balanced ripeness and acidity.
This wine’s bouquet charms with scents of red cherry, ripe strawberry, cola and spice. On the palate soft mouthfeel complements flavors recalling plums and black cherry. upple tannins and a dash of acidity end in a beautifully balanced, clean finish.
- Item #: i_238560Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Tasting Notes: "The rich palate texture is achieved through the use of classic Burgundian techniques, such as primary and malolactic fermentation in French oak barrels and weekly stirring of the lees. The palate is balanced by fresh flavors of apple, pear, and Meyer lemon cream with a long, sweet oak finish."
- Item #: i_238390Bottle Size: 750mlThe grapes for the J. Lohr Estates Flume Crossing Sauvignon Blanc are grown in the well-drained, sandy, cobblestone soils deposited by the Arroyo Seco River. These rugged soils keep yields in check and produce fruit with varietal intensity, minerality, and exceptional weight. The long cool growing season of the Arroyo Seco appellation ensures that the fleeting, exotic fruit flavors of Sauvignon Blanc are retained along with vibrant natural acidity. The Flume Crossing Sauvignon Blanc is created to be an expression of pure varietal character, influenced only by its terroir and gently guided by minimal farming and winemaking practices.
- Item #: i_211510Bottle Size: 750mlIn the glass, the 2016 Dry Riesling shows aromatics of stone fruit and herbal citrus zest. The palate has great texture displaying notes of pear, mint and petrol. The finish is long, showing salinity and a laser beam-like focus.
- Item #: i_234350Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleSince 2011, all of Kendall-Jackson's vineyards have been third-party certified as sustainable by CCSW (Certified California Sustainable Winegrowing) and SIP (Sustainability in Practice). Floral notes of orange blossom with aromas of orange, cinnamon and nutmeg tease your senses and this unctuous rich liquid gold coats your palate and tongue. Excellent balance of residual sugar and acid coupled with nuances of botrytis (noble rot) make this a wine to savor and remember. 10.0% alcohol, 8.5g/L of acidity, and 138g/L residual sugar.
- Item #: i_238980Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 92The Pisoni Family's wines are no stranger to our store, as their flamboyant personalities entice both novices and connoisseurs alike! The Family's Pinot Noirs and Syrah's (produced under several labels) typically garner most of the hype with high scores, and this entry-level priced Syrah is no exception! Upon tasting the 2016 a few years back, a few of us Hi-Time staff members agreed that by way of Syrah's, this was our new favorite under $20! We should note there are a few tough competitors in this price category as well!
Well, the 2018 has been released, and we just had to taste it to see if lightning would strike twice. Folks...this is HANDS DOWN one of the best Syrah values in the world! And having this wine earn 92 points from esteemed wine critic Jeb Dunnuck, this won't be around for long!
JEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "Readers looking for high-quality wines that won't break the bank should check out these latest releases from Luli...In addition to the Pinot Noirs, Luli releases a terrific Syrah. The 2018 Syrah Santa Lucia Highlands comes from a handful of sites and was 40% destemmed and brought up in neutral oak. This deep purple-colored effort offers a cool-climate, Saint-Joseph-like vibe in its black and blue fruits, black pepper, green herbs, and rocky, earthy minerality. With medium-bodied richness, plenty of fruit, good acidity, and ripe tannins, it's a terrific Syrah to enjoy over the coming 5-7 years."
- Item #: i_241300Bottle Size: 750MLThe dramatic climate of the Highlands – located within Monterey County – allows Mer Soleil to create dramatic wines. Morning fog, bright sunshine and gusting winds enable longer "hang time" for the grapes, resulting in wines of intense, complex character. With fresh, bright aromas and the taste of white peach, this wine has a vibrant acidity balanced by the lush flavors of fully ripe fruit.
- Item #: i_245280Bottle Size: 750mlMorgan G17 is a blend of 90% Syrah, 5% Grenache, and 5% Tempranillo from Northern and Central Monterey County. "G17" is one of Monterey County's best known highways, linking several of their grape growing appellations.
This Rhone-style blend has a rich ruby red color, highlighted with purple edges. Boysenberry, white pepper, and hints of sweet flowers jump out of the glass. The wine is medium-bodied with soft tannins; it offers a mouthful of black fruits and cured meat. Its weight and balance make it a perfect pairing with anything off the grill.
- Item #: i_247340Bottle Size: 750mlOver centuries, the French have carefully singled out the most coveted vines in Bordeaux and Burgundy, naming each vine with a unique number to identify its exceptional attributes. Here in California, they planted a selection of these French vines exactly where they will flourish best. 667 Pinot Noir was inspired by treasured Dijon Clone 667 which adds luscious structure and texture to the wine. The gentle slopes of the Monterey vineyard estate produce a well-balanced cool-climate Pinot Noir with concentrated flavors and supple tannins.
The nose is a pleasing blend of sweet cherries and blueberries dusted with a touch of earth, a hint of cocoa and dark floral tones (violets). The palate grabs the fruit baton and runs with it; Bing cherries, mixed red and dark berries, good acidity and lush tannins lead to a rich finish with fruit flavors reverberating for minutes and minutes. This will kill with turkey and all the fixings but can also be enjoyed on its own, or with poached salmon, veal Parmesan or grilled lamb. Cheers!
- Item #: i_274350Bottle Size: 750mlMade by Chris Miller, Master Sommelier, the grapes come from Arroyo Seco, which lies at the southern end of Monterey County. Showing notes lemon grass, citrus, and stone fruits, this is the type of Sauvignon Blanc that makes you go back for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th glasses!
- Item #: i_261410Bottle Size: 375mlJeb Dunnuck: 93**Please note, this is a half sized bottleJEB DUNNUCK - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Santa Lucia Highlands is a smoking value. Racy cherry, cranberry, and floral notes all emerge from this juicy, clean, and classy effort. With good acidity, loads of sweet fruit, and a clean, balanced style, it's a beautiful wine."
- Item #: i_241210Bottle Size: 750mlMonterey County's Santa Lucia Highland Region produces some of the best Chardonnay and Pinot Noir in the world. This region benefits from cool morning fog and afternoon breezes that result in a long growing season, producing intense fruit flavors balanced with vibrant acidity.
The label "Silver" came into being due to the fact that the wine saw no oak; it was fermented and aged in stainless steel. The wine still never sees any oak, yet in addition to stainless steel, cement tanks are utilized to give the wine a small amount of oxygen contact to enhance flavor development, similar to aging in an oak barrel.
Bright minerality and fresh-cut hay qualities are apparent on the nose, followed by zesty citrus and stone-fruit notes. Seamless fruit flavors of grapefruit, lemon and gooseberry shine through on the mid-palate, complemented by a crisp acidity that carries through from start to finish. The higher acidity in this wine makes it a perfect accompaniment to a wide array of food, particularly fresh salads, grilled seafood, and some tomato-based dishes.