- Item #: i_251070Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of vineyards from Lake and Napa Counties. We find these diverse, high quality vineyards to compliment one another perfectly. Our high altitude rocky vineyard sites in Lake County deliver angularity, complexity and austerity while our Napa Valley fruit provides deep concentration and focus. This wine is dense and tremendously focused, with a wonderful nose and palate of cedar, blueberry, saddle leather and white pepper. The finish showcases a perfect balance of acid, tannin and sweet toasted oak. Meticulous, detail oriented winemaking and complete attention to detail has produced a wine of tremendous presence and complexity that must be tasted to be believed.
- Item #: i_201110Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2016 A to Z Oregon Pinot Noir highlights the ripeness and concentration of the vintage with an uncommon grace and style. The compelling nose opens with vibrant notes of blackberry, blueberry, black cherry, raspberry, strawberry, red current, plum, thyme, sage and baking spices. The scents are lifted by lingering rose petal and violet aromas, while deeper notes of graphite, leather, and pipe tobacco bring depth.
- Item #: i_200005Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2017 A to Z Oregon Pinot Gris offers beautiful floral aromas reminiscent of jasmine, elderflower and white roses along with complex fruit notes of nectarine, melon, pear, yellow plums and yellow apples, lemon, lime, even grapefruit zest and a touch of guava, clover honey and handmade marshmallows. The wine is lush and layered on the palate structured with moderate acidity and alcohol. The finish is layered and fresh, with a lingering pear and spice note. The structure and complexity of the 2017 A to Z Pinot Gris make this a perennial choice for all food pairings, especially seafood, chicken, spicy cuisine and even street tacos!
- Item #: i_275628Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES - "The lovely, pale pink A to Z Bubbles invite with juicy, ripe fruit aromas. Notes of strawberry, raspberry, watermelon, cherry, white peach, nectarine and apricot are joined by white flowers and a hint of creaminess. The bubbles dance on the tongue with mouth-watering acidity that leaves one wanting more.
Primarily Pinot Noir with a bit of Chardonnay (10%), the fruit was left in contact with the skins to get the perfect color, a traditional, natural technique preferable to blending back red wine. Several different aromatic and Rosé yeasts were used during fermentation in 100% stainless steel for freshness."
- Item #: i_200090Bottle Size: 750mlVibrant aromas of crème brûlée, ginger, lemon curd and white peach are followed by a creamy entry which blossoms to a full, sweet, peach, nectarine and citrus mid-palate. Medium-bodied with vibrant acidity, the wine finishes long and full.
- Item #: i_200130Bottle Size: 750mlThe myriad of dark fruit and floral notes in this Pinot Noir come from the cool, windy Los Carneros American Viticultural Area (AVA) in the southern reaches of Napa Valley. Satsuma plum, blackberry, red rose and violet notes weave through the enticing aromas, mingled with warm nuances of vanilla and toasted oak from barrel aging. Silky, elegant flavors echo the aromas, adding blueberry and plum to the rich fruit complexity. You'll find this wine's lush flavors, bright acidity and fine tannins are perfectly balanced to complement a broad range of foods, from grilled salmon and chicken, to lamb and wild mushrooms.
- Item #: i_204920Bottle Size: 750mlThis is perhaps the one wine that rivals our 'Wine of the Month' in terms of velocity. Our customers have come to expect our Top Cab Under $20 to over deliver for the money, so we take extra time in securing this spot.
In addition to working at chateaux Troplong-Mondot and La Tour Figeac in Bordeaux, winemaker Aaron Pott has also worked on the winemaking teams at Newton, Beringer, Quintessa, Krupp Brother, Blackbird, and Seven Stones. As you can tell, he definitely has a capable hand with Cabernet Sauvignon! Farmed from vines at an elevation of 2,400ft in the Red Hills of Lake County, just over the hills from the Napa Valley, Aaron crafted this mountain-inspired Cabernet Sauvignon using the same dedication to quality that he uses with Napa Valley fruit, as Red Hills often has similar soils and warm daytime temperature as its more prestigious neighbor.
This Cabernet is dark ruby in color with hints of purple, and the nose shows violets, cured meats, blackcurrants, black cherry, a hint of olive, graphite, and raspberry liqueur. Briary, with silky tannins and a combination of bright red and rich dark fruits on the palate, this medium- to full-bodied Cabernet has a finish that lasts much longer that most at this price point!
- Item #: i_200560Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon is a classic Alexander Valley wine with medium body, great fruit flavors and smooth, structured tannins. Winemaker Kevin Hall added 11% Merlot for structure, a touch of Cabernet Franc for floral notes and Malbec and Petit Verdot for color.
- Item #: i_200650Bottle Size: 750mlBibiana Gonzalez Rave crafts the Alma de Cattleya wines to be high-quality offerings that represent Sonoma County. Alma means "soul" in Spanish, and Cattleya is the national flower of her native country, Columbia. Making wine meant having to leave Columbia for other climates conducive to grape growing: leaving Bibiana to recognize her country, and her passion, in making this wine.
These Chardonnay grapes were grown along the rolling hills of Sonoma County. The cold and foggy days slowly ripen the grapes, capturing the beauty of this variety: great texture, intense fruit aromatics, and ample acidity.
- Item #: i_200480Bottle Size: 750mlII by Alpha Omega is the culmination of the two worlds, the Alpha and the Omega, the Old World and the New World. Winemakers Jean Hoefliger and Michel Rolland worked to create a wine that is not only opulent, fruit forward and generous, but also has the backbone of European acidity and elegance. A reflection of both worlds, II is a wine that is built to be approachable, both in taste and price, and consumed early.
This Chardonnay has a pale yet brilliant white gold color with touches of green. The nose displays intense green apple, pear, vanilla and white chocolate with minerality, bubble gum and jasmine mingled with fresh flavors of pear, apricot, honeysuckle and starfruit lingering on lemon and vanilla. Full-bodied, rich, and luscious, this is the quintessential wine for California Chardonnay lovers!
- Item #: i_211270Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine floored us from the very first sip! Ancient Peaks sits in the Paso Robles appellation, 22 miles south of the city itself, and just 14 miles from the Pacific Ocean. Here, the surrounding peaks of the Santa Lucia Mountain Range act as a gateway between one region to the south that is exceedingly ocean-cooled, and another to the north that is much, much warmer (sometimes downright hot!). When the days heat up in the areas north and east of Margarita Vineyard, the air rises to create a vacuum that pulls marine breezes and fog inland over the peaks, and right through the vineyard. This means the fruit gets ripe, without any "off" flavors, yet the cooling afternoon breezes help the resulting wine to retain freshness and acidity.
The Renegade is a blend of 32% Syrah, 25% Zinfandel, 20% Malbec, 19% Petit Verdot, and 4% Petite Sirah, the wine is loaded with deep berry aromas that reveal accents of toasty oak, baking spice, cedar and tobacco. The texture is broad and velvety, offering concentrated flavors of boysenberry, blueberry, black cherry and cocoa that are powerfully framed by savory notes of bacon fat and pepper. Plush tannins and lengthy fruit converge into a smooth, seamless finish.
- Item #: i_211240Bottle Size: 750mlAncient Peak's 2016 Sauvignon Blanc opens with bright aromas of peach, guava, citrus and wet stone. A round, soft texture envelopes the palate with luscious flavors of pear and tropical fruit, all underlain by a subtle minerality. The roundness yields to raciness on the finish, with pitchperfect acidity and lingering notes of lime zest.
- Item #: i_211210Bottle Size: 750mlWe have been looking for a delicious Zinfandel at this price point for some time, and we think we've found a winner! Ancient Peaks sits in the Paso Robles appellation, 22 miles south of the city of Paso Robles and just 14 miles from the Pacific Ocean. Here, the surrounding peaks of the Santa Lucia Mountain Range act as a gateway between the ocean-cooled environs below the grade and the warmer climes above the grade. When the days heat up in the areas north and east of Margarita Vineyard, the air rises to create a vacuum that pulls marine breezes and fog inland over the peaks, and right through the vineyard. This means the fruit gets ripe, without any "off" flavors, yet the cooling afternoon breezes help the resulting wine to retain freshness and acidity.
Ancient Peaks' 2017 Zinfandel presents bright boysenberry aromas with hints of sandalwood and vanilla. A juicy, jammy texture is loaded with generous flavors of wild raspberry, black cherry, plum, mocha and cedar. Spicy black pepper notes join mouthwatering acidity on a beautifully balanced finish.
- Item #: i_211220Bottle Size: 750mlThe Ancient Peaks Cabernet Sauvignon comes blocks planted where the sloping terrain straddles rocky sedimentary and shale soils. These soils promote naturally low vigor for the development of intensely flavored fruit. Cold soaked for 48 hours prior to fermentation for a gentle extraction of color and flavor, the wine was racked to a combination of French and American oak barrels, where it aged for 18 months prior to blending and bottling. Small lots of Malbec and Syrah were incorporated into the final blend for added dimension.
The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon offers warm aromas of blueberry, plum and toasted oak along with classic varietal notes of graphite and black olive. The texture is plump and juicy, cascading across the palate with flavors of black currant and fresh red berries accentuated by hints of roast coffee, anise, tobacco and mineral. Sleek acidity paves the way for an elegant finish framed by smooth tannins.
- Item #: i_211290Bottle Size: 750mlThe Ancient Peaks Chardonnay vines are rooted in granitic soils along the southeast border of the vineyard, where the morning and afternoon temperatures are particularly cool. Here, brisk marine air settles after flowing through a mountain notch known as Trout Creek. These conditions provide Chardonnay fruit with the long period necessary to nurture vivid varietal character. Margarita Vineyard stands alone as the southernmost vineyard in the Paso Robles region, and as the only vineyard in the new Santa Margarita Ranch AVA. The surrounding mountain peaks act as a gateway for cool marine air, resulting in an extended growing season that yields fruit with uncommon depth and structure. The peaks are also testaments to the tectonic forces that created Margarita Vineyard’s rare diversity of soils, ultimately fostering natural complexity in their wines.
This Chardonnay offers inviting aromas of pear, fig and lime zest with a hint of apple blossom. The palate begins on a creamy note, unfolding with bright flavors of nectarine, white peach, pineapple and lemon drop. Brisk mineral accents and fresh acidity converge on a buoyant, lively finish.
- Item #: i_211250Bottle Size: 750mlMerlot excels at Ancient Peaks' estate Margarita Vineyard and has been a mainstay in their small family of wines since day one. Here, ancient sea bed soils combine with a long growing season to yield a Merlot with silky dark fruit flavors and a luscious texture, resulting in what has become one of the Paso Robles region’s most notable Merlots. Ancient Peaks blends fruit from three different Merlot blocks that exhibit a range of distinct qualities, bringing added natural complexity and dimension to the finished wine. These blocks are situated along the slopes of an uplifted ancient sea bed, where the well-drained, calcium-rich soils are distinguished by decomposing oyster fossils.
Ancient Peaks' aim is to capture the signature velvety fruit character of Merlot while showcasing the fine structure inherent to Margarita Vineyard. After destemming, the lots were cold soaked for 72 hours prior to fermentation for a gentle extraction of initial color and flavor. After fermentation and light pressing, the lots were aged for 20 months in a combination of French (70%) and American (30%) oak barrels, 25 percent of which featured new oak.
This Merlot delivers rich black and red fruit aromas with intriguing hints of cedar, mocha and eucalyptus. The palate is juicy and rounded, offering a flavor tapestry of black cherry, raspberry, vanilla and brown spice. Firm tannins and luscious acidity take this Merlot to the next level, finishing with a refined heft that is rooted in its Margarita Vineyard terroir.
- Item #: i_244070Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "The 2016 Syrah Tous les Jours sports a medium to deep garnet-purple color and leaps from the glass with vibrant raspberry coulis, black cherry and red currant notes with touches of baking spices and roses. The medium to full-bodied palate fills the mouth with spices and red and black fruits, framed by plush, rounded tannins and finishing on a peppery note. This is so different from the previous vintage of this wine and nicely done too!"
- Item #: i_200720Bottle Size: 750mlAngeline's Reserve Pinot Noir is the embodiment of all their favorite characteristics from some of the most acclaimed Pinot Noir growing regions in the state. Floral and spice aromatics from Mendocino County, and bright red fruit with integrated, soft tannins from the Russian River Valley and Carneros, come together to make this beautifully balanced Pinot Noir.
Angeline takes great in pride in crafting wines that truly represent their varietals and appellations, and 2016 made this goal easily acheivable. This dense, sophisticated Pinot Noir boastfully over-delivers aromas of fresh strawberries, wild raspberries, and spicy cherry cola. The bold, yet resolved palate has a clean, well-balanced acidity that ties up neatly with a complementary cream and caramel finish.
- Item #: i_200770Bottle Size: 750mlAlthough Sonoma County appears as just a small puzzle piece in the northern reaches of the state, its unique geography, from its coastal mountain ranges and gaps, to its inland valleys makes for an incredibly diverse and dynamic growing region. Using this to the winery's advantate, Angeline toook careful consideration in selecting each of their vineyard sites throughout the county in order to both showcase its breadth and scope as well as how these different microclimates can complement each other. Rooted in the Russian River Valley, but with sources as far north as the warm, sunny slopes of the Dry Creek Valley, this Sauvignon Blanc pays due homage to its unique home.
With fresh tropical aromas of passionfruit and guava, followed by juicy green apple, gooseberry, and zesty citrus zest this wine is layered with a definitive minerality and subtle savory notes of lemongrass. An easy drinker with a round creamy palate, balanced by a bright acidity and a lingering ripened fruit finish.
- Item #: i_200760Bottle Size: 750mlAs the popularity and appreciation of California wines has grown, as has Angeline's awareness of the vast opportunities in excellent, and unique growing regions available to them. Although the North Coast has traditionally set the standard for Cabernet Sauvignon, pockets of distinction have risen throughout the coastal regions of the state from areas such as Sonoma Valley, to as far south as Monterey and Paso Robles. By integrating the diverse characteristics from each of these regions and their vineyards, Angeline is proud to present an effortlessly approachable Cabernet that they feel represents the full potential of our state to produce world-class wines.
This Cabernet is eager to please both Cabernet drinkers and red wine fans alike. The bouquet and front palate is intense with notes of maraschino cherries, elderberry, subtle cassis and a touch of cacao nib. Medium bodied with soft tannins infused with vanilla and light mocha, finishing with bright fresh fruit and a touch of earthiness.
- Item #: i_201080Bottle Size: 750mlAnne Amie's Estate Riesling from vineyards directly in front of their winery includes the original 1979 planting. High sun exposure and unique soils yield an intensely perfumed and expressive wine exhibiting pure varietal character. Aromas of jasmine flower, marmalade, key lime, lemondrops, coriander, nutmet, and starfruit lead to flavors of stone fruits, Granny Smith apple, candied lemon peen, pineapple, and a pleasing minerality. The fresh acidity and long finish mean you can enjoy watching this wine develop for years.
- Item #: i_201095Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Muller-Thurgau, Gewurztraminer, and Chardonnay, this refreshing white blend offers up aromas of elderflower, starfruit, Ranier cherry, lemon drops, quince and a hint of shortbread. Flavors of white strawberry, kumquat, and golden raspberry, lead to a slightly spicy, off-dry, mineral driven and effervescent finish.
- Item #: i_201030Bottle Size: 750MLEvery so often, one of our wine distributors bring us a wine that throws us for a loop...this is one of those times! Muller-Thurgau is a cross of two different varieties.This was done by Hermann Mueller from the town of Thurgau (yes, coming up with a name is that easy!), and as of 2006, it is the second most widely planted grape in Germany, yet is also planted in Austria, Italy, U.S.A., and Australia, among others. It is hard to think a grape this obscure would actually light a fire under us, but this wine offers so much for so little money, that it is actually wine-of-the-month material.
Stainless steel fermented at a low 45 degrees for freshness and maximumvarietal character, this has vibrant aromas of honeysuckle, key lime pie, white flowers, starfruit, kumquat, and crushed gravel. This wine is a dry, mineral-driven wine, with flavors of key lime, yellow grapefruit, and golden delicious apple. Clean, and with good acidity, this is an amazing value,and might possible become your new house white.