- Item #: i_277646Bottle Size: 750ml19 Crimes is defiant by nature, bold in character, and always uncompromising. They are proud to partner with entertainment icon, Snoop Dogg, who embodies all these qualities, and more, through hard work and perseverance. Snoop Dogg is a culture creator, innovator, and a leader in pop culture.
Full and dense, with strong black and blue fruit notes up front from the Petite Sirah, complemented by bright red, slightly candied fruit in the background from the Zinfandel. The darkly toasted oak ties it all together along with a slightly sweet finish.
- Item #: i_201480Bottle Size: 750mlWhile he has become known for his insanely delicious Petite Sirahs from Paso Robles, winemaker Aaron Jackson has recently expanded his portfolio and added some new flavors! AEQUOREA - which means "of the sea" in Latin - is focused on single vineyard wines from extreme coastal vineyards amidst San Luis Obispo County.
Making Viognier is always such a challenge for Aaron, in that he aims for a style so much different than what is typically produced in California. Instead, he strives to make a Viognier that showcases what can be done with the variety on the extremes of the coast where it struggles to ripen. At only 2 miles from the ocean in Pismo Beach, Spanish Springs is on the edge of where Viognier can be grown. Super aromatic, floral, and loaded with brightness and minerality, the 2018 features a racy profile of white stone fruit, snappy citrus, freshly cut pineapple, and an amazing finish. The strong beam of natural acidity gives it freshness for days.
- Item #: i_211240Bottle Size: 750mlAncient Peak's Sauvignon Blanc opens with fresh, floral aromas of stone fruit, citrus rind and orange blossom. A vibrant palate delivers juicy flavors of tangerine, peach and pink grapefruit with a tantalizing hint of varietal grassiness. Lively acidity joins a refreshing sense of minerality on a clean, quenching finish.
- Item #: i_230790Bottle Size: 750mlDeep ruby in color, the Austin Hope Cabernet Sauvignon expresses aromas of freshly picked black currants, ripe black cherries, and blackberries, with subtle notes of violets, mocha, and dried spices. On the palate, it's a big, powerful, modern-styled wine layered with heaps of juicy blackberry and cherry fruit, while nuances of cedar, clove, nutmeg and vanilla bean round out the long smooth finish. It's full-bodied and rich, balanced by fresh acidity and firm, polished tannins.
- Item #: i_201690Bottle Size: 750mlTextbook Willamette Valley Pinot Noir with juicy, fresh fruit and berry flavors - think dark cherry, cranberry, blackberry, more cherry. Clove, mocha, blood orange and vanilla accents abound adding complexity. The texture is ripe and plush with a line of acid running through to keep the wine vibrant. The wine is all about focus, electricity, and verve.
- Item #: i_214560Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2019 Sauvignon Blanc is a gorgeous wine that melds together expressive, varietal aromatics and a good bit of texture to back it up. Lemon peel, sage, mint and crushed rocks all race through this expressive, inviting Sauvignon Blanc from Steve Beckmen. This is such a classy, polished wine."
- Item #: i_208720Bottle Size: 750mlThe Wild Bee! The Wild Bee represents a shift in Big Table Farm's Chardonnay program. This wine takes the place of their Willamette Valley Chardonnay – only in name, label and price! Same vineyard sources, same winemaking, same barrels. The Wild Bee is a combination of all 6 sites of Chardonnay that they work with and is a fantastic representation of Willamette Valley Chardonnay for 2019.
At first blush this wine's aromatics offer up lemon custard and stone fruit. This is a clean bright expression of Chardonnay. It has a persistant white floral note that leads into warm toast and hazelnut – this all shows off the perfectly developed golden grapes that finish like a bite of perfectly ripe pear. The acid is fine and complex without any hard edges giving this wine tension to help you appreciate it's subtleties.
- Item #: i_206240Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker Erik miller was inspired to begin this new project by an emerging style of California wines that are lighter in alcohol, crunchy in acidity, and bright in appearance. Erik was originally introduced to this style of wine by Cru Beaujolais, and decided to craft their own interpretation of this from two of their favorite varietals, Zinfandel and Grenache. The defining characteristic is whole-cluster fermentation (carbonic maceration), which lends a crunchy, herbaceous character to the wine. The goal is a very hands-off approach to winemaking that highlights the purity of fruit, and deliciousness of a lighter bodied red wine that preferably should be served slightly chilled.
The defining characteristic is whole-cluster fermentation (carbonic maceration). They use all native yeast for spontaneous fermentation, all native bacteria for malolactic fermentation, and add no Sulphur throughout fermentation. The goal is a very hands-off approach to winemaking that highlights the purity of fruit, and deliciousness of a lighterbodied red wine. The result is a fresh, crisp wine, that preferably should be served slightly chilled, which has a back bone of acidity and an unmistakable minerality that leaves your palate wanting more.
- Item #: i_210120Bottle Size: 750mlMore Chablis-like rather than a California chardonnay. Lots of lemon lime, citrus and minerality. Crisp and clean to the finish, and pairs nicely with shasimi, ceviches, agua chile and an assortment of other fresh cuisine.
- Item #: i_232390Bottle Size: 750mlOwners John and Michelle (JaM) Truchard have created quite a following in a relatively short amount of time. With the name of their wine label being called JaM, they employed the help of winemaker Rob Lloyd to produce a rich, jammy style of Cabernet. Well, that wine was a huge hit, and since Rob knew a thing or two about making Chardonnays, it only made sense that this white wine should be called "Butter". As the name implies, this is a rich, buttery style of Chardonnay laced with aromas of baked lemons and mandarin oranges mingle with a hint of spice and smoke. The palate begins with crisp pineapple, bright citrus and ripe melon while a soft creaminess rounds out the finish. This Chardonnay is ready for immediate enjoyment and is suited to a wide variety of foods including white fish, smoked salmon and creamy pasta dishes.
- Item #: i_208040Bottle Size: 750MLCADE is owned by the same owners as Plumpjack... and in their typical fashion, they would never be "happy enough" to make a "good" Sauvignon Blanc: CADE only wants to make outstanding Sauvignon Blanc! In order to do this, they ferment their grapes in a combination of stainless steel tanks, stainless steel drums, French oak and concrete eggs. In addition, a combination of native and cultured yeasts are used, and the culmination of all this helps to give the wine aromatic and textural complexity.
Fermentation was carried out in a combination of stainless steel tanks and drums (68%), new French oak barrels (10%), neutral French Oak barrels (22%), with the balance fermented in concrete eggs (1%). Twelve different strains of yeast were used to ferment the juice. CADE's 2019 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc has aromas of orange blossom, pineapple, grapefruit, lemon, lime, yellow apple, and stone fruits. On the palate are notes of tangerine, white peach, lychee, citrus, banana, lemon zest, and grapefruit. The wine has a vibrant acidity, minerality, and a touch of creaminess on the finish. By fermenting the wine in stainless steel, French oak, and concrete, we are building layers of complexity in the wine. The barrel fermentations add texture, density, and viscosity to the midpalate of the wine. The concrete adds a touch of flint and minerality to the finish as well as adding some mid-palate richness. The stainless steel fermentations preserve the natural Sauvignon Blanc aromatics and the vibrant acidity and crispness.
- Item #: i_212580Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90Burghound: 91Vinous Media: 90ANTONIO GALLONI 90 POINTS - "These three budget-friendly wines from Peay's Cep sister label offer tremendous quality and value, with plenty of artisan character, a combination that's pretty hard to find these days."
"The 2019 Sauvignon Blanc Hopkins Ranch from Peay's Cep sister label is bright, crisp and absolutely delicious. Drink it over the next few years. Lemon peel, sage, and mint add lovely shades of nuance to this brisk, finely cut Sauvignon Blanc."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "The 2019 Sauvignon Blanc Hopkins Ranch is a wine for drinking young and fresh, made without malolactic fermentation and bottled the December after the harvest. The nose opens with fresh kiwi, chamomile and white peaches with a rocky undercurrent and notions of lime candy. The palate is light-bodied, bright, fresh and crisp with delicate green fruits and citrusy sparks, finishing uplifted and minerally. 700 cases produced."
- Item #: i_210110Bottle Size: 750mlIn the winery, winemaker Courtney Foley preserves the distinctive aromatics of the grapes by minimizing exposure to air and fermenting with carefully selected cultured yeast in a combination of stainless steel and French oak. Aging on the lees with regular stirring bring all the elements together, giving a complete and harmonious wine.
The 2019 Chalk Hill Estate Sauvignon Blanc opens with a floral nose, accented by honeydew, lemon and white pepper. A rich palate delivers abundant flavors of guava, mango and grapefruit.
- Item #: i_276240Bottle Size: 750mlJust like the flavorful and refreshing Rieslings grown in Germany, these grapes are grown on steep cliffs, next to a river (in this case, the Columbia River). A cooler site due to river influence, the soils are composed of fragmented basalt, gravel, silt, and caliche deposited during ice age floods. This site produces fruit with sublime mineral character and the acid balance that winemakers dream of. Aromatic, smooth, vibrant and tasty, this gem shows tangerine, pineapple, wet stone, key lime, clove and nectarine. This Kungfu Girl kicks some serious butt for the money!
- Item #: i_211260Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2019 Cloudline Pinot Noir carries the familiar ruby red color of Willamette Valley Pinot Noir, but with a darker shading at its core. On the nose, the fresh aromatics convey the vibrancy of the vintage, and on the palate, there are deep cherry and berry notes ahead of the pleasing finish.
- Item #: i_209560Bottle Size: 750mlJohn Bolta worked the Caymus bottling line for years before he began to work alongside Chuck Wager in the winemaking duties. In 1988, John became the winemaker for the white wines, and he created Conundrum, a blend unlike any other at the time. The idea is to produce a wine full of fruit flavors, yet retain complexity and balance. While this wine is often imitated, there truly is only one Conundrum white wine. Grapes come from Napa, Monterey, and Santa Barbara Counties, and the wine is a blend of Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, Muscat Canelli, and Viognier. From the second you pour yourself a glass, you are invited with intriguing aromas of green apple, tangerine, and honeysuckle blossoms. The taste is best described as exotic and ever so slightly sweet, with layers of peach, apricot nectar, green melon and pear, overlaid with subtle notes of citrus zest and spicy vanilla. A rich, round mouth feel supported by fresh acidity brings the complexity of this wine into balance.
- Item #: i_216826Bottle Size: 750MLRich and concentrated, this full-bodied wine displays alluring layers of boysenberry and cherry, along with hints of star anise and caramel. On the palate, ripe and juicy berry flavors are underscored by plush tannins that carry the wine to a long, silky finish.
Blend: 49% Cabernet Sauvignon, 27% Merlot, 17% Zinfandel, 5% Petite Sirah, 2% Syrah
- Item #: i_214400Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES - "I learned to make Pinot Noir at the Hirsch Vineyard on the Sonoma Coast (read the book), Goldeneye Vineyards in Anderson Valley, and Whitethorn Winery in South Humboldt County."
"The Delmore Central Coast Pinot Noir is from the Santa Rita Hills and Cienega Valley. I blended three dangerously drinkable barrels around late February and bottled this beauty at the end of April. Full of fruit and fauna, infinitely alive, lush, layered and lifted. A delectable distraction to these days, and only 70 cases around."
- Item #: i_214420Bottle Size: 750mlNotes from Winemaker Darren Delmore: "Farmed biodynamically, the Bassi Vineyard is one mile away from the ocean in Avila Beach on the Central Coast. This is one of the greatest sites for cool climate Syrah. I chose to follow the protocols of natural winemaking with this specific wine. Hand-harvested October 3rd, I destemmed 2/3 of the fruit, leaving the rest as whole clusters on top. I added 5% Viognier for a Cote-Rotie inspired co-fermentation, which increased the dark color and florals in the finish. The wild fermentation tasted like guava nectar and blackberry syrup the whole way until dryness. I gravity drained the free run into two French Oak barrels and basket pressed into a third; all neutral. The wine was racked once after malolactic fermentation in the spring, and bottled unfiltered with low sulfites on July 31. Alcohol 13.4%. 72 cases made.
"Psychedelic purple black color, mid-weight and swirly. Creosote, licorice, cumin, vanilla and a Grenache-like strawberry note. Rich on the entry, bright on the mid-palate, with an ocean-driven finish. Comparable to Cornas, but lighter in alcohol. White peppered Bresaola on the back end, lifted with lip-smacking Viognier florals."
- Item #: i_216250Bottle Size: EACHA blend of Sauvignon Blanc from two certified organic vineyards, one in Eola-Amity Hills, and the other in the Columbia Gorge.
- Item #: i_216390Bottle Size: 750mlAn expressive style with dominant characters of minerality, grapefruit, lime and soft apricot. The crisp lime-driven acidity enhances the distinct Keuka Lake minerality, rounded by stone fruit and ginger. Our Riesling finishes long and mouthwatering balanced perfectly with a slightly weighty texture.
- Item #: i_215991Bottle Size: 750mlThe boys at Dragonette bonded over a bottle of Didier Dagueneau, and searched throughout Santa Barbara's Santa Ynez Valley to find vineyards that could best exemplify the enticing characteristics of this grape. They have found those vineyards, and now their Sauvignon Blancs have become some of our favorites! Happy Canyon, with its unique soils and climate - warm to hot summer days and cool to cold evenings - is ideal for promoting full phenolic ripeness while still retaining critical acidity. This bottling represents an appellation blend of lots they feel express the characteristics of Happy Canyon; explosive, bright yellow and tropical fruits and melons balanced by fresh, clean and present acidity, but without the herbaceousness sometimes associated with the grape. The Happy Canyon bottling is a 50-50 blend of grapes from Grassini and Vogelzang, both top notch vineyards, exquisitely farmed for ultra high quality. The wine was fermented and aged on its lees in 90% neutral oak barrels and 10% stainless steel. The wine demonstrates the classic Vogelzang tropical fruit notes along with the elegant energy of the Grassini vineyard and great body and length.