- Item #: i_201320Bottle Size: 750mlAmalie Robert's "Heirloom Cameo" Chardonnay is fermented in a single, large format French oak barrel or "puncheon." The goal of this fermentation style is to enhance the breadth and depth of the wine through limited oak exposure and extended yeast or "lees" aging. Stylistically, this wine is made to be enjoyed throughout its time in bottle. Upon release the wine is fresh with pungent aromas and a broad mouth feel, followed by a crisp and satisfying finish. We expect this wine to age gracefully for several years and will reward a laddered approach to monitoring its development. The Chardonnay for this wine is estate grown in 1 small block. The blend is about half Dijon clone 76 and half Dijon clone 95. In most years this block ripens until a beautifully hued golden patina envelops the skins, and then Amalie Robert hand harvests all 1,089 vines.
Scintillating aromas of Meyer lemon zest, purple passion fruit and carambola sheathed in a suggestion of five spice and pheromone provide intrigue. The deftly balanced palate is silky chiffon with latent acidity providing a gentle lift, all the while the effortlessly evolving textures and aromas vex. The enduring finish echoes the virtue of presence without weight. Only 70 cases were produced!
- Item #: i_218210Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine has a lovely crystalline garnet color with a purple hue. Aromas of crushed rocks, smoke, grilled meats, blackberry, boysenberry, and violets. The wine is full-bodied on the palate and nicely structured, showcasing black fruit, raspberry, boysenberry, and blueberry. Tightly would, this wine opens up nicely, turns a bit more fleshy with wild berries.
- Item #: i_237200Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon shows lots of Pauillac-like crème de cassis, cedar wood, forest floor and fruitcake. There’s a touch of white chocolate, a nice influence of spicy and the wine is full-bodied, fleshy and opulent."
- Item #: i_241560Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Notes: "We love Merlot planted in the southern part of the Napa Valley, and in particular from around the town of Napa and Carneros, for its robust fruit flavors and added structure. The fruit was handpicked and carefully sorted. Fermentation was intentionally fast and warm, with a total of 6 days on the skins. The wine was pressed for good color extraction while minimizing fruit bitterness. We aged it in both French and American oak barrels for about 18 months, with 32% of the barrels being new."
This Merlot has a deep red color with black hues. The aromas focus on bright forward cherry and currant fruits, with toasty oak, caramel, clvoe vanilla, and bay leaf. A focused entry leads to a round, fleshy mid-palate with moderate acidity. The wine displays great richness, while not being heavy. The finish is moderately long, accented by red fruit and barrel notes.
- Item #: i_275585Bottle Size: 500MLThis beautiful blue bottle contains incredible strawberry, mango, and peach flavors which makes it a great dessert wine.