- Item #: i_200130Bottle Size: 750mlThe myriad of dark fruit and floral notes in this Pinot Noir come from the cool, windy Los Carneros American Viticultural Area (AVA) in the southern reaches of Napa Valley. Satsuma plum, blackberry, red rose and violet notes weave through the enticing aromas, mingled with warm nuances of vanilla and toasted oak from barrel aging. Silky, elegant flavors echo the aromas, adding blueberry and plum to the rich fruit complexity. You'll find this wine's lush flavors, bright acidity and fine tannins are perfectly balanced to complement a broad range of foods, from grilled salmon and chicken, to lamb and wild mushrooms.
- Item #: i_212020Bottle Size: 750MLThe cool growing region of Carneros allows Clos Pegase to keep the verve and complexity in their Chardonnay and delivers just the right amount of naturally bright acidity that works well when paired with the finest French oak. Clear lemon yellow in the glass. Upfront aromas of peach, melon, cut straw and bakers spice. A smooth delivery on the palate displays flavors of stone fruit, cantaloupe and pears with subtle notes of brioche and toasted coconut. The acid is bright and maintains a pleasant balance in the wine.
- Item #: i_216090Bottle Size: 750MLDomaine Carneros' classic Pinot Noir was made to show off the superb qualities of their organic vineyard, is rich with fruit tones of black cherry, raspberry and black current overlaid with notes of chocolate, toast, clove and exotic spices. Luscious flavors end in a very long and silky finish.
- Item #: i_228780Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94Vinous Media: 94This could, very well, be one of the best joint ventures for Chardonnay anywhere in the world! HDV wines combine the exquisite and highly sought-after vineyards of Larry Hyde, and the visionary quest for perfection of Domaine de la Romanee-Conti's Aubert de Villaine. Using sustainable farming practices, and planting clones suited to the soil have given the Hyde vineyard a reputation that cannot be outdone. As for Aubert, his family's pursuit for perfection has given them one of the best reputations in the wine world. Together, these families have comprised a Chardonnay whose style is a perfect balance between California richness and Burgundian minerality.
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Hyde Vineyard is a blend of Calera and Wente clones, which, along with the decision to pick early, yields a Chardonnay with distinctly salty, saline notes that give the wine energy, tension and persistence. Orchard fruit, white flowers, mint and white pepper add striking aromatic top notes. The 2017 is quiet understated, but it is also just sublime. The 2017 spent 12 months in oak (15% new) and about four months in tank prior to bottling. It is pure class."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay opens with pure notes of poached pears, white peach, quince and apple pie plus notions of citrus blossoms, smoke, toast and honeyed hints in the undercurrent—what a superb perfume! The palate is still youthfully wound, offering energetic citrus and mineral-laced fruits, tangy, vibrant and bright and finishing very long and nuanced."
- Item #: i_247100Bottle Size: 750MLThe Carneros District Chardonnay comes from three vineyards planted to 'Shot-Wente' selection. All are in the cool-weather area of Carneros, near the San Francisco Bay. 'Shot-Wente' is an heirloom Chardonnay selection with grapes that are smaller than normal, giving them increased skin surface relative to the juice. That ratio makes the wine especially flavorful.
Apple, pear, peach, apricot, lemon, lime, orange, pineapple, kiwi, butter, cream and vanilla
- Item #: i_248850Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93+Patz and Hall has become one of the most highly regarded wineries in California’s North Coast, with a celebrated portfolio of single-vineyard Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs. Their vineyard sources need to have naturally low yields, complex flavors and aromas, and the growers need to be meticulous with canopy management in order to achieve the balance of freshness with richness. Production on Patz and Hall's single-vineyard wines are low in production, which means they stagger their releases because the wines typically sell out so quickly! Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate has even stated that the wine are sure bets regardless of vintage conditions.
Hyde Vineyard is justifiably considered one of the superstar vineyards in Carneros. Purchased in 1979, and planted two years later, this 179-acre property is cultivated as 44 distinct blocks. Adding to the depth and character of this iconic site, Hyde Vineyard is planted to 10 types of Pinot Noir and six varieties of Chardonnay. Of these, the Hyde-Wente Chardonnay and Hyde-Calera Pinot Noir were isolated by Larry, and are widely considered two of the finest selections in California viticulture.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir Hyde Vineyard, aged in 50% new oak, has a pale to medium ruby-purple color and a nose of cinnamon stick, charcuterie, baked cranberries, raspberries and boysenberry with oodles of violet and lilac perfume, licorice, tea leaves and fragrant earth. Light to medium-bodied, it’s bright, inviting and intense in the mouth with wonderful layering of earth, spice, amaro and floral notions. It’s energized by juicy acidity and structured with finely grained tannins, finishing long and flavorful. This is drinking beautifully now but will benefit from another year in bottle."
- Item #: i_215570Bottle Size: 750mlThe French word collines means "hills," and it aptly describes the Carneros landscape in the southern reaches of Napa Valley, where gentle rolling hills surround our estate vineyard. Deep, heavy clay loam soils, combined with the marine influences of the nearby San Pablo Bay and Pacific Ocean, give Chardonnay wines from this region a distinctive balance of fruit and acidity.
Tension between richness and acidity. Lemon zest and bright apple aromas give lift to mango, white peach, and toast. The palate follows with lemon curd, white peach, Bartlett pear, and hints of graham cracker and nutmeg. This wine is round, silky, and viscous, showing good weight with zesty acidity that carries freshness and provides added dimension. Enjoyably broad and expansive on the palate with a long, lemony finish.
- Item #: i_258540Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleThis classic Carneros region Pinot Noir offers a wide range of flavors and aromas, in the tradition of the finest red Burgundies of France. "Clonal diversity" is achieved by carefully blending several vineyard lots, each retaining its own unique clonal signature in the blend. The result is a complex wine with a rich bouquet of cherries, berries and hints of spicy new oak. It has flavors reminiscent of black cherry, currant and strawberry, followed by a rich, spicy texture and a long silky finish. This wine pairs nicely with lamb, duck, even grilled fish, and will improve with additional cellaring for 2 to 5 years.