- Item #: i_264010Bottle Size: 750mlThis Chardonnay delivers an appealing tropical fruit character from warmer sites. Its ripe pineapple and butterscotch flavors and rich, creamy texture. Try it with scallops, scampi or pasta with rich sauces.
- Item #: i_241600Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 94JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "What I would consider a Washington State First Growth, Delille Cellars produces both incredible quality as well as quantity, pulling from vineyards throughout the state of Washington. This is always one of my favorite tastings in Washington, and given that they pull from sites throughout the state, it's a great way to learn about a given vintage. The winemaking team has been headed up by Jason Gorski for a number of years now and they continue to fashion a classic, balanced style of wine that has plenty of fruit as well as balanced, age-worthy profiles."
"The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Four Flags comes from four separate vineyards on Red Mountain and is brought up mostly in new French oak. Its deep purple hue is followed by rock star notes of creme de cassis, toasted spices, lead pencil, crushed, and savory herbs. It's beautiful on the palate as well and offers medium to full-bodied richness, impeccable balance, and a great finish. It will ideally be given 2-4 years of bottle age and will have two decades of overall longevity."
- Item #: i_241510Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93Do you want to get a real glimpse into the characteristics and style of the 2017 vintage in Washington, then you don't need to look any further. Delille has been somewhat under the radar, but if the quality in this Merlot blend doesn't open your eyes, we don't know what will! "D2" is the main highway that runs through Bordeaux, so being that this is a Merlot-based blend (just like the right bank of Bordeaux), the name is apt. This year, the wine is a blend of 66% Merlot, 29% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3% Cabernet Franc, and 2% Petit Verdot .
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - ""Opens with supple and expressive red currant, green olive and clove flavors, then shifts gears and takes on increasingly muscular yet polished tannins on the long finish. Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. Drink now through 2028.""
- Item #: i_275887Bottle Size: 750mlLong Shadows Vintners is a collection of seven ultra-premium Columbia Valley wines showcasing the viticultural excellence of the growing region and honoring the internationally acclaimed winemakers who inspired them.
Founded in 2003 by Washington State wine visionary Allen Shoup, the Long Shadows proposition was as simple as it was complex: recruit a cadre of the finest winemakers in the world; give each vintner access to Washington State's best grapes; and outfit a winery to accommodate a diverse group of winemakers' exacting cellar specifications. The idea quickly sold itself, and from the beginning, the wines have enjoyed critical acclaim that has continued to grow vintage after vintage with the style of each wine firmly in place. In addition to the wines, Long Shadows collectively has won numerous awards, including recognition as Food & Wine magazine's "Winery of the Year." This is the 2016 Vintage of Feather Cabernet Sauvignon made by Rock star winemaker named Randy Dunn.
Randy Dunn has been creating world-class wines for over 3 decades. The Cabernets he produces from Napa's Howell Mountain and valley floor routinely garner scores in the mid to upper 90s by both Wine Spectator and Robert Parker's The Wine Advocate. Everything Randy makes including Feather is small production, hand crafted wines that are delicious now, but will also stand the test of time. In fact, Randy's wines from the early 1980s and 1990s are still going strong; some even have decades of life left! These wines are a staple in the cellar of any collector or wine aficionado, so jump on them while you can!
Impressive depth and purity are displayed on a core of mocha-scented blackberry and ripe plum flavors woven with hints of rosemary and thyme. The wine’s refined tannins and an appealing earthiness provide rich texture and a lengthy finish.
- Item #: i_222890Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 95JEB DUNNUCK 95+ POINTS - "Billed as the estate's Right Bank blend, the 2017 Epinette is all estate and 53% Merlot, 26% Cabernet Sauvignon, 16% Cabernet Franc, and the rest Petit Verdot. It's a rich, powerful, Chateau Pavie-like wine that has classic Red Mountain minerality as well as notes of blackcurrants, chocolate, violets, sagebrush, and white truffles. Rich, medium to full-bodied, and beautifully concentrated, with building tannins, it's going to benefit from 2-4 years of bottle age and keep for 10-15 years."
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "Saturated bright medium ruby. Pungent scents of blackberry, cassis, licorice, minerals, graphite and bitter chocolate, with a hint of violet lift. Then plush, savory and deep in the mouth, with the Merlot creaminess to the fore. Very broad, concentrated flavors of dark berries and graphite minerality saturate the palate and blow past the wine's substantial, dusty but fine-grained tannins on the long back end. This big boy maintains its shape, no doubt partly due to the firming influence of its Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot components. This highly successful Right Bank blend shows more of a Pomerol than a Saint-Emilion plushness of texture, supported by solid tannic structure."
- Item #: i_234210Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 95Growing up just outside of Sacramento, California, in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Charles Smith began craving worldly travel at a young age due to his Welsh mother and French father. His wine journey began working in restaurants, spending winters in Palm Springs and summers in Lake Tahoe or Napa Valley from the ages of nineteen to twenty-nine. This period of his life became a catalyst for his passion for wine. In 1989 Charles decided to move to Denmark (for a lady friend he met in the states). While in Scandinavia, Charles spent the next nine years managing rock bands and concert tours throughout Europe, including the famed Danish duo, The Raveonettes. Wining, dining and hard partying while on the road ultimately triggered the career he has today.
Located at the base of the Blue Mountains in Walla Walla (Washington State), Charles Smith opened his first winery, K Vintners, in December of 2001. The first release,1999 K Syrah from Walla Walla Valley, initiated the style of winemaking that Charles continues today: small lots of single vineyard Syrahs and field blends of Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache, Tempranillo, and Viognier, all of which are hand-picked, fermented with naturally occurring yeasts and basket pressed.
In Walla Walla the unconventional Smith met a kindred iconoclast, a brash young Frenchman named Christophe Baron, whose vineyards, planted in 1997, were producing distinctive, personality-rich red wines under the Cayuse Vineyard label. He encouraged Smith to make wine in Walla Walla and even sold Smith grapes to help get K Vintners started. Syrah from Baron's Cailloux Vineyard made one of the 1999 wines that got Smith started.
Charles Smith remains as one of the biggest players in Washington wine. He is the only person to have received Winemaker of the Year distinctions by both Wine Enthusiast (2014) and Food and Wine (2009). In 2008, K Vintners was recognized by Wine and Spirits magazine as one of the "Best New Wineries of the Last Ten Years," and as "Winery of the Year" in their annual buying guide. His wines continue to receive broad recognition from leading wine publications such as Wine Advocate, Wine Spectator, Wine Enthusiast, and Wine & Spirits with 98 scores of 95 points and above, and 386 scores of 90 points and above.
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "This is what I call a stacked lineup from K Vintners, and the team of Charles Smith and Brennon Leighton continue to make brilliant wines. The lineup is broken up into multiple brands today, with K Vintners focusing primarily on Rhone varieties."
"Blackcurrants, sliced strawberries, cured meats, and dried herb notes all emerge from the 2017 Syrah The Beautiful Powerline Vineyard, and it shows a more seamless, elegant style that still carries considerable power and richness. Polished, nicely concentrated, and long, give it another 3-4 years if you can. This comes all from clone 470 of Syrah and was co-fermented with 3% Viognier."
- Item #: i_237270Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 90With a nod to the old world, this robust Cabernet shows savory aromas, mingled with expressive black currant and cocoa. With a remarkable core of black cherry, fresh plum, and espresso, this well-integrated wine further expresses enticing damp earth and cigar box notes, and finishes with polished tannins on a smooth, powerful finish.
WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Rich and structured, with polished red currant, espresso and spice flavors that build tension toward big but refined tannins. Best from 2021 through 2028."
- Item #: i_236420Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 90JEB DUNNUCK 90 POINTS - "Slightly more expensive, the 2017 Merlot Walla Walla Valley (79% Merlot, 17% Cabernet Franc, and 4% Cabernet Sauvignon) comes from the estate and reveals a similar purple hue as well as plump, round, opulent notes of black cherries, blackberries, dried tobacco, chocolate, and loamy soil. Ripe, rounded, beautifully textured, and balanced, it has the class to keep for a decade or more if you're so inclined."
- Item #: i_236430Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 93JEB DUNNUCK 93+ POINTS - "Moving to the three flagship releases, the 2017 Apogee Pepper Bridge Vineyard checks in as 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 18% Merlot, 14% Malbec, and the balance Cabernet Franc. Its inky purple/ruby color is followed by a ripe yet pure nose of creme de cassis, black raspberries, crushed flowers, vanilla bean, charcoal, and dark chocolate. With full-bodied richness, a ripe, powerful style, terrific tannins, and a great finish, it's another sexy wine in this lineup that will round into form with 2-4 years of bottle age."
- Item #: i_247940Bottle Size: 750mlNine Hats was a conception that began back in 2007 with one wine-- a red blend that was striking in quality, approachability and deliciousness. It was crafted with impeccable attention to detail and the benefit of topquality grapes...and people loved it! The wines formed into this original blend were declassified juice coming from Long Shadows wine portfolio, a collection of seven ultrapremium Columbia Valley wines showcasing the viticultural excellence of the growing region. Along with some of the best grapes grown within the region, Long Shadows has tapped some of the best winemakers from around the world (Gilles Nicault, Randy Dunn, John Duval, Michel Rolland and Philippe Melka), so there is no wonder as to why Nine Hats was so successful. For this 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon, several vineyard sites throughout Horse Heaven Hills and the Wahluke Slope were selected to source the fruit that provides its depth and complexity.
A blend of 78% Cabernet Sauvignon, 17% Merlot, and 5% Syrah, vibrant aromatics of black cherry, espresso beans and bittersweet chocolate introduce this richly structured Cabernet Sauvignon. It is a multi-layered wine with expressive flavors of black and red berries complemented by notes of savory spice. Its luscious mouthfeel persists across a lengthy finish. Several vineyard sites throughout the Horse Heaven Hills and the Wahluke Slope were selected to source the fruit that provides its depth and complexity. Aged eleven months in French oak barrels prior to bottling.
- Item #: i_264030Bottle Size: 750mlThe Indian Wells Cabernet is Ste Michelle's warm climate ripe, jammy "New World" style of Cabernet Sauvignon. The wine offers dark fruit aromas and flavors. Syrah added an enhanced richness and concentration to the wine.
- Item #: i_277870Bottle Size: 750mlElderberry blossom and wisteria perfume rises from the glass leading to a mouthful of apricot, orange blossom, honeysuckle, boysenberry and ripe peach. With a fine bubble and lavish texture this one is for the table, porch or picnic.