- Item #: i_200780Bottle Size: 750mlThe Martin Ray Winery and it's sister brand Angeline has long drawn from a wide array of coastal Pinot Noir vineyards to provide a balanced and beautiful red wine. This vintage, they selected blocks from these same vineyards to be trained and harvested for their very first vintage of Pinot Noir Rose. The combination of these selections, which are picked and pressed early in the season to provide bright, vibrant acidity, in addition to the full, fruity saignee, from their North Coast vineyards, has produced a seamless, mouth-watering Rose, that is balanced in both outstanding fruit and refreshing acidity.
This wine is produced by both whole-cluster pressing as well as saignee method. The latter, they pick ripe, flavorful fruit, crush it to a stainless steel tank, and allow 6-8 hours of contact with the skins to achieve optimal color and flavor before draining the juice to ferment as a Rose. The former is picked early in the season to maintain bright fruit and acids, then sent directly to the bladder press at light pressures. Both styles are inoculated with a specialized Rhone yeast to enhance the natural color and fruit character throughout fermentation. Fermentation is halted immediately upon reaching dry sugar levels to preserve the fruit and aroma.
This mouth-watering Rose will be certain to exceed expectations. With delicious aromas of watermelon, nectarine, and ruby red grapefruit, complemented by floral notes of lilies and orange blossoms, we challenge you not to be delighted. A fruity front palate of candied strawberries, leads into a crisp, citrus mid, and closes beautifully with a clean, concise acidity on the end. This is destined to be a versatile crowd pleaser.
- Item #: i_210700Bottle Size: 750mlWith the summer sun making (heat) waves and the June gloom hopefully gone, it's time to focus on refreshing wines for the warm season. Of course, we're leading with this amazing Rose from Washington State, part of a collaboration between Charles Smith (K Vintners, Charles Smith Wines) and Charles Bieler (Three Thieves, BIEL-ER Pere et Fils & Gotham Project). Made from 71% Syrah, 17% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Mourvedre, 4% Gre-nache, 2% Counoise and 1% Cinsault, the sum of these parts makes for a beautiful, thirst-quenching wine with great underlying acidity; in other words, the perfect wine to feature for July (and the stylized American flag label certainly is apropos!).
To ensure minimal color or tannin pick up from the moment the fruit is harvested until it arrives at the winery, they pick almost exclusively at night. Once in the winery, each tank is treated a little differently to ensure each has its own unique perspective so that when it's blended together they have the most complex and multi layered Rose they can. While utilizing a mix of different yeasts, they have been loving the depth and character that native fermentations are giving so over half are now native. The resulting wine has both cut and generosity, lift and energy, and we are loving it! As always, the balance between the acidity at the finish and the savory, citrus and tangy cherry are the dominant features.
The nose leads with lush fruits, watermelon, peach and mixed orchard fruit punch finishing with a touch of salinity, hints of apple and rose petal. The mouthfeel is lush and rich with beautiful sweet fruits dancing across the tongue. Watermelon, strawberry cream and white peach lead to plum punch and a touch of créme fraîche. Excellent acidity keeps the wine lively and uplifted on the palate. The finish is clean, rounded and refreshing-- reiterating sweet spring fruits that last and last. Stock up on this one for summer! Perfect for Independence Day par-ties and beyond.
- Item #: i_216685Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleThis delicious wine incorporates small amounts of Sauvignon Musque and Sauvignon Gris which adds a layer of depth and a fleshy, full-bodied mouthfeel. At first swirl, this wine presents tropical aromas of pineapple, passionfruit, melon and orange liqueur. On the palate, flavors of lemon curd, guava, tangerines and mineral notes come through with a slightly creamy, but lively finish. Stainless steel fermentation was supplemented with small amounts of chestnut, acacia and French oak barrels adding additional character and nuance to this delicious wine. Seamless from start to finish, this is an elegant and refined Sauvignon Blanc.
- Item #: i_220450Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWinemaker Evan Frazier started the Ferdinand label in 2010 with just 56 cases of Albarino. Introduced to winemaking in 2006 by Abe Schoener of the Scholium Project, that year Evan worked his first harvest, in the Roussillon (Maury, France), with ancient Carignan and Grenache vines. Ferdinand is made in the Kongsgaard cellar on Atlas Peak (Napa, CA) where Evan is the General Manager for Kongsgaard Wines and has worked with John Kongsgaard since 2008.
Markus Bokisch decided to plant his own vineyards east of Lodi after beginning his career carefully farming some of the best vines in Napa. Probably the foremost authority on Spanish varieties in California, his family is from Spain and he looked to those roots when he planted Albariño, Tempranillo, Garnacha Blanca, Verdelho, and Graciano. The Vista Luna site is uniquely situated far to the northeast of Lodi in the rolling benchland at the edge of the Sierra foothills. It is known for its cobbled, rocky soil and the cooling breezes which blow from the Delta to the Sierras. Other wineries working with fruit from Vista Luna include Turley, Neyers, Scholium Project, Forlorn Hope, and Mark Herold Wines.
Gently whole cluster pressed and barrelled down to neutral barrels, the wine ferments spontaneously with native yeasts and no temperature manipulation. Malolactic is arrested with S02 to preserve freshness and the wine spends 8 months on primary lees with no stirring. Light gold color, this wine is balanced and attractively fragrant, with a savory and floral aspect that includes orange peel and lime zest, lemongrass, quince and grapefruit aromas and flavors. Lees aging in neutral oak gives the wine finesse, sophistication, and a hint of nuttiness a pleasing complement to the varieties balance of natural acidity, slight bitterness, and salty finish.
- Item #: i_238180Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Comments: "A remarkable year in this cool climate growing area resulted in exceptional flavor development for the 2018 J. Lohr Estates Wildflower Valdiguie. Bright and youthful red hues and profuse brambly fruit aromas are accented by black pepper notes. On tasting, a zesty attack of pomegranate and blueberry fruit leaves crisp, fresh fruit on the palate."