- Item #: i_276637Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2013 Merlot exhibits terrific mocha and plummy fruit along with plenty of cherry, herb, and chocolate notes. A soft texture with attractive spice and sweet fruit.
- Item #: i_278665Bottle Size: 750MLWINERY NOTES:-"Our single vineyard wine from the Napa Valley. Slightly opaque scarlet red with aroms of black cherry, roasted meat, wet soil, raspberry jam, mocha, loose pipe tobacco, dried blueberry and brioche. Velvet entry, structured mid-palate, mouthwatering, bright cherry, blackberry, vanilla flavors and an enticing texture. Nicely integrated tannins, elegant, juicy with a long finish and return."
- Item #: i_270720Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 100ROBERT PARKER 100 POINTS - "The 2013 La Muse, like all of the 2013s, comes about one-third from Alexander Valley vineyards, 40-plus percent from Chalk Hill, and the rest Knights Valley and Bennett Valley – all high-elevation hillside vineyards. A blend of 89% Merlot, 8% Cabernet Franc and 3% Malbec at 14.3% alcohol, the wine is amazingly like a great vintage of Petrus, with mulberry, black cherry, licorice, truffle and unctuous, thick, juicy fruit all present in this full-bodied masterpiece. The tannins are still present. The wine has purity and savory presence and is remarkable. The finish goes on for well past a minute. This wine would probably benefit from 5-8 years of bottle age and last 40-50 years."
- Item #: i_270850Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 100ROBERT PARKER 100 POINTS - "This winery, one of the gems of the Kendall-Jackson portfolio of boutique wineries, debuted in 1998 and has been hitting on all cylinders since. I suspect top priority is given to Bordelais winemaker Pierre Seillan's choice of the finest fruit he can find from Jackson's holdings in Alexander Valley, Chalk Hill and Knights Valley."
"The 2014 La Muse (2,800 cases ) is a legendary effort. The wine offers an opaque purple color and a gorgeous nose of lead pencil shavings, blackberry, incense, Asian spice, cocoa, plum, and a touch of chocolate and barrique. On the palate, more cassis and blackberry come to the forefront. The wine is unctuous, with adequate acidity and a stunning energy underneath the massive fruit and body. This is a spectacularly fragrant and, at the same time, dense wine, with enough structure (somewhat surprising in this vintage) to last 35-45+ years. The final blend was 88% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc and 2% Malbec."
- Item #: i_270730Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "Composed of 90% Merlot, 7% Cabernet Franc and 3% Malbec, the 2015 La Muse sports a very deep garnet-purple color, leaping from the glass with exuberant crème de cassis, blueberry pie and licorice notes plus suggestions of Indian spices, dark chocolate, menthol, sautéed herbs and potpourri. Full-bodied, rich and seductive in the mouth, it delivers tons of black and blue fruit preserves flavors, accented by exotic spices, framed with velvety tannins and finishing on a persistent earthy/mineral note. 3,900 cases were made."
ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "The 2015 La Muse is developing beautifully. Ripe, ample and voluptuous in the glass, the 2015 exudes character. Even with all of its obvious intensity, the 2015 has quite a bit of freshness to balance out the ripe, racy Merlot-based fruit. Super-ripe red cherry, plum, mocha and spice notes build into the racy, inviting finish."
- Item #: i_272230Bottle Size: 750MLDark cranberries and dried cherries burst out of this wine aromatically, coupled with cocoa dust, fresh strawberry jam, cherry cola, pomegranate, and toasted vanilla. On the palate, this Merlot has fine, firm tannins alongside black cherries, red currants, goji berries, and toasted walnuts. It is supple in texture and shows attractive depth on the finish. Enjoy right now and through 2023 with proper cellaring.