- Item #: i_275640Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Jeb Dunnuck: 91 PointsTablas Creek was founded by the Perrin family of Château de Beaucastel and their importer, Robert Haas. The goal was to produce California's best examples of southern Rhône varietals and Chateauneuf-du-Pape style blends. The partners chose a 120-acre property in the hills of westside Paso Robles for its similarities to Chateauneuf-du-Pape: limestone soils, favorable climate, and rugged terrain. Tablas Creek emphasizes dry farming (no watering) to seek maximum expression from their grapes, and they farm organically. Their signature white is named Esprit de Tablas, and is modeled after the Beaucastel wines from the Rhone Valley.
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93-94 POINTS - "Light green-tinged gold. Mineral-accented tangerine, melon and pear scents on the highly perfumed nose; a floral nuance gains strength as the wine opens up. Vibrant citrus and orchard fruit flavors are joined by bitter quinine and honeysuckle flourishes that build slowly with air. Shows impressive depth as well as nerviness on the finish, which hangs on with strong, mineral-dominated persistence."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2017 Esprit Blanc de Tablas is made up of 68% Roussanne, 17% Grenache Blanc, 7% Picpoul Blanc, 4% Picardan and 4% Clairette Blanche. The nose features honey-drizzled apples, lychee, orange peel and musk with warm hay, crushed stone, quince and pie crust notions. Medium to full-bodied with intense honeyed flavors in the mouth, it has great juicy acidity to counter and a long, gently textured finish. "This is the first vintage of the Esprit de Tablas Blanc to have Clairette and Picardin," winemaker Jason Haas says, "because we wanted to include all the white grapes from Châteauneuf-du-Pape." 2,250 cases produced."
JEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Esprit De Tablas Blanc offers more richness and depth, which is largely missing from many of these wines. White peach, quince, honeysuckle, and hints of stone fruits all emerge from the glass, and it's nicely textured, medium-bodied, has good acidity, and a clean finish. The blend is 68% Roussanne, 17% Grenache Blanc, 7% Picpoul Blanc, 4% Picardan, and 4% Clairette."
- Item #: i_268780Bottle Size: 750mlWith a gorgeous magenta hue, the bright aromas of raspberry, red plum, and blueberries are complimented by undertones of chocolate, violet and white pepper. The palate opens up to flavors of ripe pomegranate, cranberry and red cherry with hints of rose petal, tea leaves, and subtle baking spice. The finish lingers with crisp acidity and surprising tannin making this a delicate but complex alternative to heavy bodied reds.
- Item #: i_270460Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2017 The White Coat is a blend of Roussanne and Grenache Blanc with a smaller portion of Vermentino. It opens with hints of honeycomb, orange peel and white blossom with sliced green pear and green apple notes at the core plus a hint of wet stone. Light to medium-bodied, it has pure citrus and tree fruit flavors in the mouth with floral and yeasty notes, finishing with juicy acidity and some phenolic texture. 1,300 cases produced."
- Item #: i_275399Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Zinfandel Steacy Ranch comes from a vineyard planted in 1907 to Zinfandel as well as Grenache and Carignane. It has a medium to deep ruby-purple color and very spicy, singular nose of black licorice, dried black cherries and dried blackcurrants with notes of stone and blue fruits at the core plus cedar and soil touches. Medium to full-bodied, it offers lots of spices in the mouth with wonderfully ripe, lush black fruits accented by peachy notes, framed by mouthwatering acidity and soft, grainy tannins, finishing long. 1,000 cases produced."
- Item #: i_270910Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Turtle Rock is the label of Don Burns, Saxum's assistant winemaker who has spent a decade working with Justin Smith. The emphasis is on Rhône varieties from the Willow Creek District. Given their quality and pedigree, all these releases are easy to recommend."
"A blend of 63% Grenache Blanc, 28% Roussanne, 5% Picpoul and 4% Viognier, the 2016 Willow White is lovely, bursting from the glass with an expressive nose of fresh apricots, musky peach and subtle citrus, with hints of the petrol to come with a bit of bottle age. On the palate, it's medium-bodied, fresh and intense, with beautiful purity and a bright, fragrant finish."
- Item #: i_275235Bottle Size: 750mlLos Carneros is one of the most prestigious Chardonnay growing area in California, and this wine demonstrates why. Vine Cliff's 2017 Los Carneros Chardonnay is classic Chardonnay. Elegant with complex aromas of pear, green apple, lemon citrus, mineral and floral notes. There is a rich bouquet of hazelnut, butterscotch, and vanilla. The palate is rich and luscious, balanced with bright acidity. Flavors of creme brulee, pear, apple and lemon creme linger on the long smooth finish.
- Item #: i_280120Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine is a beautiful pale gold in color tinged with a green hue. The nose gives expansive aromas of pineapple cake, toasted hazelnut, and delicate white flowers. The palate offers up tropical fruit and crème brulee flavors with bright acidity, balanced by a creamy mid-palate texture that is decadent and round. The finish is bright, with a flinty minerality.
- Item #: i_280110Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir La Brisa is medium to deep ruby-purple with a lovely nose of rose petal, tangerine peel and potpourri with spicy black and blue fruits at the core. Medium-bodied with a lovely silky texture, it offers intense, concentrated spicy fruit with soft framing tannins and juicy acidity on the finish. 5,430 cases produced."
- Item #: i_277830Bottle Size: 750mlWalter Scott's Cuvee Anne Chardonnay is blended from the best Chardonnay sites including Freedom Hill, X Novo, Sojourner, Seven Springs and Justice Vineyards. It is a reserve blend that represents their vision of Willamette Valley Chardonnay. The juice was fermented with ambient yeast, minimal batonnage, and aged in a mix of new and neutral 500 and 350 liter barrels for 12 months. The wine is finally racked and blended to stainless steel for an additional 3 months prior to bottling.
This wine leads with beautiful aromas of nectarine, yellow peach, white flowers and a touch of nuttiness. The palate has great balance with a strong sense of minerality and a long graceful finish.
- Item #: i_271610Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsWashington State is a great place to grow Cabernet. Stylistically, the wines tend to strike a balance between the structured, mineral-driven style of Bordeaux and the luscious, juicier style of California. Woodward Canyon is one of those wineries from Washington State that epitomizes this style, and has received high scores from critics to boot!
Woodward Canyon’s goal is to create complex and refined wines that show their very best when served with food; therefore, the wines strive to be structured and compelling, rather than over extracted and tiresome. Woodward Canyon practices sustainable farming for all their vineyards. While they do not grow enough grapes on their estate property to meet their demand, they do source from a few vineyards in Columbia Valley who share their passion for sustainability, most notably the Champoux Vineyard!
JEB DUNNUCK 94+ POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Artist Series checks in as 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 13% Cabernet Franc, and 1% each of Petit Verdot and Merlot, aged in 58% new French oak. Rock star notes of pure cassis and spiced red plums are intermixed with lots of cedar pencil, leafy herbs, chocolate, and spring flower aromas on the nose. These all carry over to the palate, where the wine is full-bodied, concentrated, and structured, with ripe, polished yet building tannins that emerge on the finish. As with the other 2017s here, the cellar will be your friend, and it's going to reward 4-5 years of bottle age. It's going to have 25+ years of longevity."