- Item #: i_218920Bottle Size: 750mlMount Richmond sits at 300-500 feet elevation, lower than the vineyards planted at the winery, which allows for earlier ripening. Planted in a high-density format (2100 vines/acre), similar to Roosevelt, Mount Richmond sits in rolling hills just outside the town of Yamhill just East of the Coast Range Mountains. In addition to the old vine pommard selection, planted from select cuttings off of Roosevelt Vineyard, the blend now also includes equal parts of Dijon clones 115 and 777.
Fruit from Mount Richmond is fermented in small, temperature controlled steel tanks, hand punched down twice daily, and barreled in 50% new french oak barrels. After 10 months of aging in barrels, only the barrels that are most representative of the Mount Richmond profile are carefully blended to create a big, luscious Oregon Pinot Noir
Candied aromas of kirsch and fresh raspberry jam counter-balanced by dark notes of toffee and fresh tobacco. Fresh blackberry and red plum on the palate play against a ferrous background of orange peel and licorice notes that add interest to the clarity on the finish.
- Item #: i_275982Bottle Size: 750mlThis long-time pet project of winemaker Jenny Wagner is finally making its commercial debut. No professional reviews as of yet. However we will say that fans of toasty old school Champagnes will be pleasantly surprised by this fascinating New World bubbly. It is a blend of 56% Chardonnay and 44% Pinot Noir grapes sourced from Sonoma County (51%), Santa Barbara County (47%), and Monterey County (2%).
- Item #: i_274900Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+Jeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "This was a very impressive tasting with winemaker Jordan Fiorentini and proprietor Bill Armstrong. Epoch's wines succeed in capturing all the power of which western Paso Robles is capable, but for all their structure, extract and ripe fruit, they're beautifully balanced and texturally refined, with new oak very much taking a back seat to the grapes and the vineyards. Fiorentini is clearly passionate and a perfectionist, and I'm sure Epoch is only going to go from strength to strength in coming vintages."
"A blend of 48% Viognier, 40% Grenache Blanc and 12% Roussanne, the 2017 Epoch White is further testimony to the excellence of which Paso Robles whites are capable, wafting from the glass with a fragrant bouquet of peach, white flowers and lime cordial. On the palate, it's medium-bodied, taut and concentrated, with mouthwatering acids and a long, fragrant and beautifully delineated finish. While Viognier is the largest component of the blend, it doesn't drown out the other varieties' voices."
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "(raised in a combination of concrete, oak and stainless steel vessels) Pale bright yellow. Penetrating scents of ripe citrus and pit fruits are joined by hints of chalky minerals, candied ginger and honeysuckle. Juicy and deeply concentrated but lively in the mouth, offering poached pear, peach nectar and Meyer lemon flavors that show excellent delineation and energetic back-end lift. The mineral and floral notes repeat emphatically on the incisive finish, which lingers with impressive persistence."
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "I always love the white from this estate and the 2017 White (48% Viognier, 40% Grenache Blanc, and the rest Roussanne) is another winner. White flowers, stone fruits, citrus, and a distinct salty minerality all emerge from this elegant, incredibly pure, finesse-oriented white that will keep for 3-4 years."
- Item #: i_218500Bottle Size: 750mlThe Eric Kent Russian River Valley Syrah of the past few years has proudly grown into their newest vineyard-designated wine! Atoosa's Vineyard now brings its own distinctive expression of Syrah to the EK line-up. Located on the cool southern edge of the Russian River Valley, the superb fruit from this the late-ripening spot has been adding a vital element to their Kalen's and formed the core of their Russian River Valley Syrah since 2012. With the nexus of experience, true partnership with a great grower, and the excellent 2015 vintage, it's time to let Atoosa's shine all on its own.
Atoosa's is a pure expression of the mysterious, animal side of the grape. Loads of black fruit, with hints of pepper, flowers, tar and a touch of bramble from the whole-cluster fermentation. We hope you can cellar some to watch it evolve over the years and perhaps even the decades. If you must drink some sooner rather than later, give it a healthy decanting and pair it with some hearty fare, or enjoy an open bottle over several days to watch it unfold.
- Item #: i_218560Bottle Size: 750mlNow mostly comprised of Stiling Vineyard fruit, winemaker Kent Humphreys chose to pick this vineyard in several stages to provide both ripeness and natural acidity. A small 4% addition of Fallenleaf Vineyard (new to the blend) lends the Old Wente clone's custardy bass notes while another 4% of Green Acres Vineyard Hyde clone contributes both texture and verve.
While this packs all the hallmark flavors of the exotic Rued clone (white flowers, peach and citrus oil) there's also a sense of grace on the palate. Buoyed by a hand-in-glove selection of oak barrels, we're smitten with this rendition. We absolutely love the freshness found in this vintage, and while it will be tempting to drink young it should age beautifully for years.
- Item #: i_219640Bottle Size: 750MLMedium ruby color; cherry, raspberry, graham cracker spice on the nose; dark cherry, raspberry, plum, redcurrant on the palate.This bottle is another reason to find Etude Carneros pinot noir. Grapes come from estate vineyards at Grace Benoist Ranch where the vines produce small bunches and even smaller berries, generating small yields and intense, complex flavors. The vividly delicious and—at the same time, subtle—flavors are why are why you will enjoy this wine, also why you will pay extra for the privilege of doing so. The splurge is more than worth it.
- Item #: i_232540Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93Seven Springs Vineyard was planted in 1984 by Al MacDonald on an east-facing slope, in the iron-rich and rocky, volcanic soils of the Eola-Amity Hills. Al planted what would become one of Oregon's most recognized vineyards who sold fruit to many benchmark Oregon producers. The vineyard's position opposite of the windy Van Duzer Corridor mitigates hot, sunny afternoons in the Willamette Valley with cool winds from the Pacific. As valley temperatures increase throughout the day, warm air rises, replaced by cooling winds flooding in from the Pacific through the Van Duzer gap and across the vineyard providing extended hang time at harvest. The vineyard has always been dry farmed, it's certified LIVE and was converted to biodynamic viticulture in 2007.
At the helm of Seven Springs is Rajat Parr, world renowned wine sommelier and Sashi Moorman, known for his passion for winemaking and viticulture. Together, these two bring an insurmountable amount of knowledge leading Seven Springs into its 4th decade producing outstanding wines at an affordable price point!
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Graceful and elegantly complex, with alluring Meyer lemon and green apple flavors accented by wet stone and sweet anise notes on a lingering finish. Drink now through 2021. 1,019 cases made."
- Item #: i_220610Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 91 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "Made in relatively good quantities, the 2017 Chardonnay Sonoma Coast is a beautiful, medium-bodied, charming effort that’s loaded with notions of apple blossom, honeysuckle, spice, and just a touch of minerality. It has terrific purity of fruit and is a gem of a wine to enjoy over the coming 4-6 years or so. It’s also a great introduction to the style of the estate. "
- Item #: i_220590Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90ROBERT PARKER 90 POINTS - "A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Malbec, Merlot and Cabernet Franc, the 2014 Tresor has a deep garnet color and nose of cassis, warm blackberries and mulberries with hints of cedar, menthol and cloves. Medium-bodied, there’s a good amount of expressive black currant and baking spice flavors in the mouth, with chewy tannins and an herbal lift on the finish."
- Item #: i_274798Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "I loved the 2016 Pinot Noir Ashley's. This beauty just jumps out of the glass with notes of black cherries, raspberries, scorched earth, spice box, and dried herbs. Rich, medium-bodied, elegant, and seamless, it's beautifully balanced and long, and certainly a great drink. This cuvee spent 16 months in 58% new French oak and is ideal for drinking over the coming 7-8 years."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Fess Parker winemaker Blair Fox characterizes 2016 as 'an exceptional vintage for Pinot Noir, with lots of depth, character and concentration.' The vintage's heat spikes, he adds, impacted later-harvested Rhône varieties more, bringing soaring sugars. In size, this was an average crop: smaller than 2014 but larger than 2015."
"The 2016 Pinot Noir Ashley's Vineyard is one of my favorites, wafting from the glass with aromas of wood smoke, earth, berries and aromatic bark. On the palate, it's full-bodied, rich and supple, with a layered mid-palate, fine-grained tannins and a generous but balanced profile. Enjoy it over the next five to six years."
- Item #: i_220170Bottle Size: 750MLThe dramatic landscape of the Sonoma coast, with its steep hillsides and windswept foothills, gives Flowers a diverse profile of well-draining soils, while direct proximity to the Pacific Ocean results in a long, cool growing season. These extreme coastal conditions allow Flowers to produce a layered Chardonnay with bright fruit focus, complex minerality and crystalline acidity. Flowers' Sonoma Coast Chardonnay is sourced from a small selection of family-owned sites, including their own estate Camp Meeting Ridge Vineyard.
Medium yellow in color, this wine displays aromas of straw, lemon verbena, and honey suckle that mingle with layers of lemon meringue and lychee. Upon entry are flavors of lemon curd, honeydew, and hints of star fruit and wet stone, balanced with a touch of fine grained tannin. The crisp finish is countered with a spicy note of white pepper and lingers with coastal minerality.
- Item #: i_223550Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91Jeb Dunnuck: 91 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay FRV Fort Ross Vineyard is a beauty. Clean, classic, and medium-bodied, with good acidity as well as notes of buttered orchard fruits and spice, it has plenty of fruit, good balance, and a classic Chardonnay profile."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Fort Ross Vineyard gives up notions of warm applesauce, poached pears and honey toast with a waft of lemon peel. The palate is medium-bodied with appealing freshness and plenty of spicy stone fruit and apple flavors, finishing on a honey-nut note. 508 cases produced."
- Item #: i_223470Bottle Size: 750MLRyo-fu is Japanese for "cool breeze." The cool, foggy breeze that comes off the Pacific Ocean allows the Russian River Valley to grow high quality Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. The area's sandy soil is crucial as well; but without the right temperatures, the fruit could ripen too soon or not at all. Thanks to Freeman's local "ryo-fu", the growing seasons are perfectly timed for their vineyards. The 2015 vintage will go down as the earliest Chardonnay harvest on record at Freeman, and with a little help from that cool breeze, all of the fruit came in perfectly ripe.
A blend of Chardonnay from vineyards such as Keefer, Heintz, and Mill Station, the wine shows medium straw color, with a throwback nose of matchstick, honey, ripe Gravenstein apples, and melon. The palate is tightly wound, combining strong acidity and a dense core of fruit. It will take a few years in bottle to reach its peak, but with enough aeration in the glass, everything comes together to reveal a vibrant, well-balanced Chardonnay. The drinking window should be 2018–2023.
- Item #: i_229100Bottle Size: 750mlAll of the grapes in Gallo's Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon come from their acclaimed William Hill Estate vineyard in Southern Napa. Set above the valley floor at varying elevations, this vineyard sees diverse microclimates and basks in abundant sunlight, thanks to its southwestern exposure. Volcanic soils that are rocky, thin and nutrient-deprived stress the vines to produce smaller berries with vivid flavor and color concentration. Significant variation between day and night temperatures at this vineyard yield red Bordeaux varietals - Cabernet Sauvignon in particular - with intense fruit character and refined acidity.
A wine of incredible density and complexity, this Cabernet Sauvignon opens with intense aromas of ripe dark fruit and hints of spice. On the rich, full-bodied palate, fruit flavors of blackberry, blueberry, plum and black cherry are framed by notes of chocolate, anise and clove. With structured tannins and silky texture, the long, supple finish is marked by hints of toasted oak.
- Item #: i_219890Bottle Size: 750mlPellegrini's Olivet Lane Vineyard was planted in 1975 to Wente selection on AXR roostock. The vineyard sits on 65 acres of sloping benchland in the Santa Rosa Plain, in between the warmer Westside Road region andthe cooler Green Valley, where warm sunny days are moderated by cool breezes and chilly evening temperatures. The combination of low temperature, regular fog intrusion and well-drained loam, clay soils create an excellent environment for growing Chardonnay that develop cool-climate characteristics and impeccable acid at fairly low sugars. The wines from this vineyard simultaneously express power and finess, and they do so with tremendous balance.
This Chardonnay is a pure expression of penetrating acidity moderated by layers of rich, velvety baking spices with crisp apple and citrus notes throughout. The bouquet unravels decadent aromas of shortbread, French vanilla beans and apricot Tarte Tatin, with hints of vibrant lemon zest. The warm and spicy nose paves the way for a more lean and mineral driven palate with exuberant citrus and lemon merengue pie. It slowly opens up to underlying tones of white tea, fresh kumquats and lemongrass. The complex nature of this wine keeps drinkers on their toes, while the impeccable structure is perfect for cellaring for many years to come.
- Item #: i_219950Bottle Size: 750mlThis blend marries eight vineyards from around the Russian River Valley, taking advantage of varied climates and unique site characteristics to create a rich and complex wine. The Hop Kiln, Rochioli, and Bacigalupi vineyards are located in the Middle Reach Subdivision, where close proximity to the river awards foggy mornings, warm and sunny days, and cool nights. The Toboni and Nonella vineyards are located in the Santa Rosa Plain, a distinctly cooler and foggier sub-region, and the Hallberg and Dutton sites within the Green Valley sub-appellation exibit even more extreme and cooler conditions.
This beautiful Pinot Noir displays the qualities of an exceptional, yet small vintage, expressing purity of place, boasting aromas of ripe Bing cherry, juicy raspberry and tangerine zest, with hints of underbrush and dried herbs from the whole-cluster inclusion. Flavors of wild berry, rosemary, black tea and rose petal unfold on the palate, followed by hints of cedar box that acentuate the rich fruit flavors. The fine-grained, slightly firm tannins develop into a soft, velvety finish, complemented by mouthwatering, vibrant acidity.
- Item #: i_225560Bottle Size: 750mlOn the nose, bright lemon zest, grapefruit peel, and Mexican lime mix with spice notes of cinnamon and vanilla. The first impression on the palate is zesty citrus. The mid-palate hosts tart green apple, peach, and grilled pineapple. The finish shows notes of pastry cream, chamomile, dried apricot, and golden raisins. This complex Chardonnay also displays hits of a wet stone minerality.
- Item #: i_222500Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+Vinous Media: 90The Gran Moraine vineyard was planted in 2005 to several different Dijon clones. Located five miles west of the town of Carlton this site is one of the more westerly vineyards in the Yamhill-Carlton AVA and therefore subject to the cooling afternoon breezes that roll off the Pacific. A variety of slopes, aspects, row direction, and plant material offer a wide diversity of blocks to choose from when blending this Yamhill-Carlton Chardonnay.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Yamhill-Carlton has a lovely open nose of spiced apples, acacia honey, lemon cream, toast and dried white flowers. Medium-bodied with a great creamy texture, it fills the mouth with layers of honey toast, cream, ripe orchard fruits and spice, with great mouthwatering acidity and a long floral finish. 2,130 cases produced."
- Item #: i_222520Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Polished and elegantly complex, with expressive cherry and blueberry flavors, accented by crushed stone and black tea notes, building tension and lively acidity toward refined tannins. Drink now through 2025."
- Item #: i_227060Bottle Size: 750mlThis Zinfandel is co-fermented with a touch of Petite Sirah to add complexity and structure and then aged in large oak casks so the flavors are well integrated but not overwhelmed by oak. It displays pure Zinfandel flavors of strawberries, raspberries and a hint of dried sage. Grapes for this wine are grown at Grgich Hills’ vineyard in Calistoga, which is certified organic and Biodynamic®. Nestled in the northern tip of Napa Valley, the vineyard’s gravelly loam provides excellent drainage and the cloudless days and cool nighttime temperatures are perfect for sun-loving Zinfandel. The vines are head pruned to protect the grapes from sunburn. All of these features combine to produce concentrated, complex flavors in the wine.
- Item #: i_231230Bottle Size: 750mlStarting with a lush entry of fine-grained soft tannin, the wine continues into a full, weighty midpalate, accented by a refreshing note of bright acidity. The flavor profile is warm, spicy, and distinctively chocolate-driven, with notes of nutmet and ripe cherry. A serious Merlot drinker's wine, ideal for everyday celebrations.