- Item #: i_239440Bottle Size: 750mlMarietta Cellars is a family owned and operated winery since its inception decades ago. Its name pays homage to Aunt Marietta, to whom founder Chris Bilbro gives credit for taking him under her wings and teaching him the important things in life-love of family, fishing, hard work and how to cook a mean minestrone! These ethics instilled in Chris were the driving factor in him working hard for decades, starting with grapes sourced from local farmers to where they are today. Chris' sons Jake and Scot have taken over the duties of working the 30 acres of vineyards and, as the winery has done for many years, Marietta Cellars continues to produce value oriented quality wines.
A blend of Zinfandel, Petite Sirah, Syrah, and "Mixed Italian Blacks", Old Vine Red is highlighted by the beauty and clarity of Zinfandel. Bright aromas of cherries and raspberries combine with dark chocolate and brambles. Fresh acidity leads into a rich mouth-feel that lasts and lasts before finishing with cleansing tannins. This wine is delicious and is wonderful on its own yet also has the complexity and density to compliment anything from chicken or pasta to short ribs.
- Item #: i_250478Bottle Size: 750mlOn the nose, aromas of green apples are laced with hints or ambrosia. Flavors of crunchy pears, zesty citrus, and honey layer over a slight yeastiness and a fresh minerality. Enjoy this sparkling wine with fresh oysters topped with a classic mignonette sauce, sushi, warm brie or a fresh mixed berry tart.
- Item #: i_241981Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93The partner to our Mirabelle Brut, the Mirabelle Brut Rose is a specially crafted blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from Schramsberg's select cool-climate vineyards in Carneros, Anderson Valley, and the Sonoma and Marin coastal areas of Northern California. Pinot Noir lots, including a few fermented with skin contact, provide brightness of berry fruit and body, while Chardonnay lots lend length and zest to the palate. Additional flavor depth and aromatic complexity results from the blending of base wine lots aged in barrels and tanks for one or more years. The finished Brut Rose exhibits fresh, elegant and toasty aromas that lead into lively and delicious fruit flavors on the palate.
- Item #: i_241980Bottle Size: 750MLWINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Offers rich aromas of spicy yeast and baked apple and opulent flavors of lemon curd and Asian pear that finish with a crisp, mineral acidity."
WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "This sparkling wine is a heck of a value. A blend of 52% Pinot Noir and 48% Chardonnay aged two years on its lees prior to being bottled, it offers tiny, well-defined bubbles, persistent effervescence, and fresh brioche and lemon custard notes intertwined with hints of apple skins and tangerines. Fresh, medium-bodied and crisp, this delightful sparkler sells at a realistic price."
- Item #: i_248130Bottle Size: 750mlLike many of the great Bordeaux houses, Opus One produces a second wine. This is not a wine made from the outside sourcing of grapes; rather it is produced from unused / leftover blending components from Opus One. The team at Opus farms their Oakville property meticulously and depending on the vintage, the different Bordeaux Varietals broken into blocks will thrive differently year to year. Mother Nature and the winemaker decide what the percentage of varietals shall comprise Opus each vintage so the blend is always changing a few percent each release. The team ages the left over Opus components and will blend 3 vintages worth of leftover components to craft a more “drink now” style of Opus. At a fraction of the cost, this is a beautiful way to experience such an awesome property so rich in history!
- Item #: i_251620Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of 70% Chardonnay, 20% Pinot Noir, 3% Pinot Blanc, 7% Aged Reserve Blend all sourced from Sonoma County.
WINERY NOTES-"...our Brut is dry and fresh, with a long elegant finish, possessing crisp citrus flavors with hints of green apple, mandarin orange and brioche. Delicious on its own or the perfect foundation for memorable mimosas and other classic cocktails such as our signature Sonoma 75. This sparkling wine pairs perfectly with crab cakes, sautéed shrimp or sushi."
- Item #: i_250887Bottle Size: 750MLWINERY NOTES-Primarily composed of Chardonnay [75%] , with some [25%] Pinot Blanc, our Blanc de Blancs has a pale straw color, tiny bubbles and aromas of green apple, citrus and white flowers. The palate is crisp and dry with a long mouthwatering finish. This sparkling wine pairs marvelously with spring rolls, fried calamari or scallops, and makes a wonderfully refreshing addition to cocktails."
- Item #: i_251860Bottle Size: 750mlGolden-orange tawny color, with a fully developed bouquet of soft oak, orange-rind and anise. This tasty Port offers hints of light caramel, plum, and rich creamy texture with candied orange peel and walnut. This release is ready to drink now A great Cigar Port. This was bottled in 2012.
- Item #: i_275680Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleBootlegger is an exceptional wine done in the traditional solera style used in the making of fine cream sherries. The solera system of fractional blending is used to maintain the consistency and style of the wine from year to year. For this reason, wines from the solera are non-vintage and each bottle has some wine in it from every year that the wine has been produced. Our version is layered with rich hints of peaches and pears combines with a hint of hazelnut.
- Item #: i_255390Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Sleek and rich, with floral strawberry and sugar cookie aromas and elegant, layered citrus, tart cherry and mineral flavors that linger toward a vibrant, lightly spicy finish."
WINE & SPIRITS 91 POINTS - "There's lovely precision to the light strawberry notes in this wine, a clean parallel to its pale pink color. The finish is spicy and gentle, with a creamy undercurrent that lingers on fruit. Chill it for prawns."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS "From the yeasty, strawberry-tinged aroma to the brisk, doughy mouthfeel through to the honeyed, complex finish, this is a fine wine. It feels beautiful, clean and stimulating, just as a sparkling wine should. Editors' Choice"
- Item #: i_255410Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91#25 ON WINE SPECTATOR TOP 100 WINES OF 2017
WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS 'SMART BUY' - "Sleek and charming, with yeasty apple torte and floral cherry aromas leading to rich, crisp flavors of lemon curd, spicy vanilla and fresh ginger. Drink now."
- Item #: i_378117Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 88WINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "This enticing and supple wine starts with aromas of bread dough and toasted almonds. The palate brings flavors of both fresh and baked apple on a plush, softly sparkling texture."
- Item #: i_278115Bottle Size: 750MLA pale, cranberry-pink sheen provides a dramatic backdrop to its fine bubble tendrils. This Brut Rose stands out from the pack with its impeccably fresh nose of wild strawberries, peach and nougat. The palate carries on with the red berry theme and is embellished by hints of cookie dough and mouth-watering citrus tones. A long-play, mineral-laden finish gives this Mendocino bubbly real finesse and a food-friendliness quality that is rarely found outside of Champagne. Tex Sawyer and the boys at Scharffenberger waited a long time to bring their Brut Rose back to market, but the wait was obviously worth it.
- Item #: i_275505Bottle Size: 187MLThe Sofia Blanc de Blancs bursts with rich pear, honeysuckle, and exotic passion fruit aromas. Crisp apple, melon, and juicy tangerine flavors fill the palate, with notes of bright lemon and honey evident on the refreshing, mouth-tingling finish.
Blend: 70% Pinot Blanc, 20% Sauvignon Blanc, 10% Muscat Cannelli
- Item #: i_274663Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES - "The great sparkling wines of the world are blends or as the French would say, 'Assemblage,' of multiple grape varietals, from multiple vintages, with different oak treatments and differing levels of malolactic fermentation. These wines are blended to make a complext sparkling wine that matches the taste profile desired by the winemaking team. With this in mind, we have thought for many years that Evolution (a blend of nine white wines) would make an amazing base wine for the productions of a true, method champenoise, sparkling wine. So here it is!"
Although it is made with Evolution White wine as its base, Evolution Sparkling takes on a new dimension. Designated as Brut, Evolution Sparkling comes across as drier than Evolution White even though it has the same amount of residual sugar. This happens because the bubbles and acidity make for a much more vibrant wine that dances on the palate. The aromatics are that of apricot, green apple, Bosc pear, with hints of white peach and citrus. The mouthfeel is slightly creamy from the secondary fermentation in the bottle with a light flintiness. Dry on the pallet, it finishes crisp and clean."
- Item #: i_278262Bottle Size: 750mlWINE MAKERS'S TASTING NORES-"Fragrant aromas of red apple and pear are complemented with hints of hazelnut, brioche bread, mineral and Meyer lemon notes. On the palate, apple fruit, nut, and light strawberry flavors are balanced with Sonoma- Cutrer’s signature acidity. This sparkler is a perfect pairing with goat cheese, fruit tarts or fresh oysters with salmon caviar.
PRODUCTION NOTES -This, the winery's first ever bubbly, is a blend of 60% Chardonnay 40% Pinot Noir from the estate's Vine Hill and Owsley vineyards. Vine Hill Ranch has more than a 400-ft. elevation change that allows each ridge, slope, and valley in the vineyard to contribute unique characteristics to the grapes. Owsley Vineyard is made up of 90 total acres. It is the closest Sonoma-Cutrer property to the Pacific Ocean and is highly influenced by the cold fog that comes through the Bloomfield Gap. This location gives the vines exposure to dramatic temperature changes from warm days to cool, foggy nights. Combined with Goldridge sandy loam soil, clones and rootstocks that limit excessive vine growth, thus Owsley provides a beautiful variety of elegant Pinot Noir fruit. Grapes for this wine were picked by hand at night and placed into small bins before being hand-sorted and whole cluster pressed. Careful attention was given to lightly pressing the berries to yield a juice that presented both a delicate color and bright, fruit characteristics. The juice was then fermented in stainless steel prior to tirage bottling in January of 2015. The wine rested en tirage until being disgorged June, 2018 with dosage of 12 grams/liter.
- Item #: i_291557Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES-"The Sterling Vineyards Blanc de Blancs is 100 percent Chardonnay. The fruit comes from Yountville Ranch (Napa Valley) and Paris Valley Ranch (Monterey County) that produce beautifully vibrant Chardonnays with excellent freshness.
The Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine is a glistening pale straw color in the glass with ribbons of fine bubbles. The aromas of green apple, lemon citrus, pear and lemon cream are distinct."
- Item #: i_269000Bottle Size: 750MLSean Thackrey is one of the most influential people in the Bay Area Food and Wine community, and has been for nearly three decades. Along with luminaries like Alice Waters and Kermit Lynch, Sean Thackrey is deeply linked to the shaping of food and wine as we know it, and to this day represents many of the best and most ground-breaking practices in our industry.
Sean Thackrey has made this wine for years now and he's never about to reveal the true blend in this red but rumor has it that it's based on Sangiovese. He always releases this wine as a non-vintage, instead labeling them with Roman numerals. Full of mint, meat, blackberry and ripe mocha-like tannins.