- Item #: i_274612Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90Wine Spectator: 90WINERY NOTES - The 2014 sparkling wine vintage in the Willamette Valley was pristine, showcasing the enticing generosity and focused definition the region has to offer. The Pinot Noir dominated blend provides impressive red-fruited dimension to the ripe pear, fig and roast hazelnut. The middle palate is invigorated with dynamic acid backbone and edgy minerality, bringing balance and concentration to the long finish. "
- Item #: i_202610Bottle Size: 750mlThe Russian River Valley is recognized as one of the world's most ideal regions for growing Pinot Noir. Just a few miles from the Pacific ocean, the Russian River Valley benefits from natural air conditioning in the form of cool and often foggy air that arrives in the evening, then retreats the following morning. The result is a longer growing season which allows Pinot Noir to develop full flavors while retaining its natural acidity. The unique soils of the region also contribute exponentially to the quality of the wine grapes grown in them. Over millions of years water flowing off the mountains has carried with it eroded volcanic deposits and ancient, uplifted bedrock, while the Russian River has deposited large amounts of alluvial material to form prime benchlands.
This wine has a ruby-red color with sparkling garnet highlights, followed by aromatics of wild blackberry, Santa Rosa plum and strawberry with hints of oregano, sage and white pepper. Ripe on the palate with raspberry, boysenberry, black-fruit jam and warming spices, this finishes with moderate acidity and velvety tannins.
- Item #: i_277760Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Dark and brooding, with black cherry and bittersweet chocolate aromas and plump flavors of orange zest, black licorice and smoky cracked pepper. Zinfandel, Petite Sirah, Alicante Bouschet, Cabernet Sauvignon, Carignane and Viognier. Drink now through 2027."
- Item #: i_216330Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 90Jeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsMount Eden has a long and glorious history. Originally planted by a man named Martin Ray, many of the original Mount Eden Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays are some of the best renditions California has ever produced! Flash-forward to the present, and the wines are just as good as they always were. In addition to their estate wines, they produce a second wine called Domaine Eden. Sourced from a well-maintained vineyard just one mile away from their estate, Mount Eden utilizes the same exacting methods for their estate wines: natural indigenous fermentations - both primary and secondary, French Burgundy barrels, no fining, filtration or any other manipulation.
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "I always love this Chardonnay from winemaker Jeffrey Patterson. The 2015 Chardonnay Santa Cruz Mountains comes from an estate just south of Mount Eden that was purchased by Jeffrey in 2007. This wine is always a mix of both estates (Domaine Eden and Mount Eden) and also gets a touch of purchased fruit. The 2015 has wonderful freshness and purity, with vibrant white flowers and caramelized citrus, medium body, lots of salinity, and a pure, clean, age-worthy style. It can be drunk any time over the coming decade or more."
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2015 Chardonnay is a gorgeous, pedigreed wine that captures all the brilliance and pedigree of the Santa Cruz Mountains. Weightless and gracious in the glass, with lovely aromatic lift and tons of energy, the Domaine Eden Chardonnay is pure class. Citrus, floral, almond and mineral nuances add further shades of nuance. Even more importantly, the 2015 is wonderfully fresh and vibrant, which will allow it to age gracefully for years to come. The Domaine Eden Chardonnay is 65% declassified Mount Eden Chardonnay and 35% fruit from the Domaine Eden property itself."
- Item #: i_241981Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93The partner to our Mirabelle Brut, the Mirabelle Brut Rose is a specially crafted blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from Schramsberg's select cool-climate vineyards in Carneros, Anderson Valley, and the Sonoma and Marin coastal areas of Northern California. Pinot Noir lots, including a few fermented with skin contact, provide brightness of berry fruit and body, while Chardonnay lots lend length and zest to the palate. Additional flavor depth and aromatic complexity results from the blending of base wine lots aged in barrels and tanks for one or more years. The finished Brut Rose exhibits fresh, elegant and toasty aromas that lead into lively and delicious fruit flavors on the palate.
- Item #: i_247230Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91The Russian River Valley Zinfandel is a reflection of the quality of the vineyards involved in making this wine. This Zin comes almost exclusively from the Jensen Lane Vineyard (planted in 1915), the Limerick Lane Vineyard (planted in 1910), and the Carlisle Vineyard (planted in 1927). These older vine vineyards give us great fruit quality and concentration, while their Russian River Valley location helps provide good, crisp acidity making for a Zinfandel that is lively and extremely well-balanced.
WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Vibrant and jammed with fresh pepper and black licorice aromas, leading to zesty, well-built blackberry pie and cinnamon flavors. Drink now through 2025. 1,686 cases made."
- Item #: i_255390Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Sleek and rich, with floral strawberry and sugar cookie aromas and elegant, layered citrus, tart cherry and mineral flavors that linger toward a vibrant, lightly spicy finish."
WINE & SPIRITS 91 POINTS - "There's lovely precision to the light strawberry notes in this wine, a clean parallel to its pale pink color. The finish is spicy and gentle, with a creamy undercurrent that lingers on fruit. Chill it for prawns."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS "From the yeasty, strawberry-tinged aroma to the brisk, doughy mouthfeel through to the honeyed, complex finish, this is a fine wine. It feels beautiful, clean and stimulating, just as a sparkling wine should. Editors' Choice"
- Item #: i_255410Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91#25 ON WINE SPECTATOR TOP 100 WINES OF 2017
WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS 'SMART BUY' - "Sleek and charming, with yeasty apple torte and floral cherry aromas leading to rich, crisp flavors of lemon curd, spicy vanilla and fresh ginger. Drink now."
- Item #: i_276841Bottle Size: 750mlRoth Estate Cabernet Sauvignon is made from select vineyard sites within the southernmost hillsides of the Alexander Valley. This wine is a true reflection of our passion for the noble Cabernet grape. This 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon has medium to dark ruby hues with striking aromas of blackberry and cassis. Densely flavored, rich and succulent, it showcases plush flavors of plum, black olive and chocolate on the palate. The supple tannins in this full-bodied Cabernet are beautifully accented by a balanced acidity. Flavors of cocoa and spice linger on the finish, further adding to its boldness and complexity.
- Item #: i_222180Bottle Size: 750mlOregon Pinot Noir is on a string of rock star vintages! 2015 was ripe, juicy, and hedonistic, while 2016 was fresh, lively, and aromatic. 2018 may turn out to be the "Goldilocks" of the trio, showing ripe fruit with good intensity, yet retaining freshness and verve. Oregon Pinot Noir has the potential to stand up to the best wines coming out of California, Burgundy, or New Zealand, and with a wine of this price...earning this score...Oregon may become the best area in the new world to find quality Pinot Noir for not a lot of money!
The Black Family purchased a vineyard in the warm Dundee Hills of Oregon's Willamette Valley as a family retreat. With family and longevity in mind, they immediately changed the farming techniques in the vineyard, and began to employ sustainable farming on the property. Two years later, the family purchased property in the neighboring Yamhill-Carlton District, employing the same sustainable farming practices, and even practicing biodynamic farming on half of the vineyard! This vineyard has been turned into one of the largest experiments of its kind, with 40 acres farmed sustainably through the L.I.V.E. (Low Impact Viticulture and Enology) program. Today, The Four Graces combines the fruit from these two properties to make one fantastic Pinot Noir! This wine was aged for nine months in French oak barrels (of which 15% were new).