- Item #: i_200410Bottle Size: 750MLWine Enthusiast: 91WINERY NOTES - The 2018 Dundee Hills is opulent and teeming with balance. Wild berries and fresh roasted coffee on the nose lead to complex stone fruit flavors and the peppery nuance associated with whole-cluster fermentation. A master juggler, the '18 Dundee Hills handles tannin, new oak, and minerality with remarkable finesse. Driven by quintessential Red Hills locales and flavors, the wine is a culmination of our 25-year legacy-an opus to our special surroundings.
WINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "This cuvée is the first to be released from each new vintage, and the most widely available. The 2018 marks the debut (from harvest to bottling) of winemaker Ian Burch, and it’s a promising one. Full bodied and open, this mixes ripe red and purple fruits, especially plums and cherries, with a touch of lightly minty chocolate. Delicious and ready for near-term enjoyment."
- Item #: i_213760Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 95 POINTS - "Brilliant garnet. Assertive red berry preserve, cherry and floral aromas are complemented by sexy Asian spice, incense and smoky mineral accents. Shows impressive depth and sharp delineation on the palate, offering spice-tinged red and blue fruit liqueur, cola and spicecake flavors that pick up candied rose and blood orange nuances with air. Finishes extremely long and pure, with fine-grained tannins providing shape and grip to lingering black raspberry and five-spice powder notes."
- Item #: i_215515Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 92Jeb Dunnuck: 93Dierberg has been on a roll the past few years! Other wineries have sourced fruit from this prominent vineyard and received high scores for their superbly crafted wines. Dierberg still sells much of their fruit, but they have begun to keep some of the better sections for themselves. That being said, their own label hasn't skipped a beat, and is receiving the same high scores as their customers!
Located 13 miles from the Pacific Ocean in one of the coolest wine-growing corners of California's Central Coast, Dierberg Vineyard is on the western edge of Santa Barbara County's Santa Maria Valley appellation, which is world-renowned for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Their vineyard is planted to newer "Dijon" clones, as well as other "heritage clones"; heritage clones whose roots go back to the Burgundy area of France, offering a clonal diversity unlike almost any other Pinot vineyard in California.
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "Moving to the reds, the 2016 Pinot Noir Dierberg Vineyard comes from the estate vineyard in the Santa Maria Valley and was 75% destemmed and aged 10 months in 25% new French oak. Ruby/purple-hued, with notes of raspberries, Asian spice, forest floor, and crushed flowers, it's medium-bodied and has a rounded, elegant texture, beautiful purity, and a great finish. It's a clean, classy, impeccably put together Pinot Noir to drink over the coming 7-8 years."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2016 Pinot Noir Dierberg Vineyard aged 14 months in 35% new French oak. It's medium ruby with wonderful, layered perfume: dried rose petals, crushed herbs, woodsmoke, cranberry sauce, warm earth, red cherry preserves and hints of raspberries and orange peel. Light to medium-bodied, it offers delicate, layered intensity, a sturdy frame of grainy tannins and seamlessly woven acidity, finishing very long. Lovely! 1,700 cases produced."
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2016 Pinot Noir Dierberg Vineyard is plush and inviting, with soft curves and plenty of immediacy. Dark red/purplish berry fruit, lavender, spice and rose petal all meld together in this attractive, fruity Pinot. Supple and forward, the 2016 will drink well pretty much upon release. The 25% whole clusters are not especially evident, at least not today."
- Item #: i_228840Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "Coming from a block located on a northern facing ridge north of Fort Ross, on the Sonoma Coast, the 2017 Pinot Noir Far Coast Vineyard was destemmed and spent 17 months in 32% new French oak. Bottled unfined and unfiltered, it offers a deeper, richer, more savory bouquet of black cherry and darker currant fruits as well as loads of ground herbs, chocolate, forest floor, and spice. This rich, opulent, incredibly sexy Pinot Noir has a wealth of fruit, a rounded, seamless texture, and a great finish. It's a rock star in this stacked lineup and a gem of a wine in the vintage. I love it!"
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Medium ruby-purple colored, the 2017 Pinot Noir Far Coast Vineyard is a little mute at first sniff, with the nose slowly unfurling to reveal beautifully perfumed notes of lilacs, Ceylon tea and bouquet garni over a core of Bing cherries, raspberry leaves and cranberries. Medium-bodied, the palate is fine-boned, refreshing and elegantly played with exquisitely ripe tannins and layers of red, black and blue fruits, finishing long and fragrant. 293 cases were made."
- Item #: i_228700Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 95JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir Fog Dance Vineyard comes from a vineyard located on a hillside in Green Valley, south of the town of Forestville (which gets a lot of fog, hence the name), and was brought up in 47% new French oak. It shows its cooler region nicely yet still has plenty of richness and depth, offering spiced cherry and berry fruits as well as autumn leaves, spice, and dried herb aromas and flavors. Silky, medium to full-bodied, and beautifully balanced, It's a complete, thoroughly satisfying Pinot Noir that has the capacity to evolve positively for a solid 7-8 years."
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir Fog Dance Vineyard is creamy and voluptuous in the glass, with tremendous richness. A wine of real substance, the Fog Dance is going to need at least a few years to come together. Red and purplish fruit, pomegranate, blood orange, lavender and star anise build as this potent Pinot shows off its multi-faceted personality."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Medium ruby-purple colored, the 2017 Pinot Noir Fog Dance Vineyard is a little closed to begin, opening out to Black Forest cake, mulberries and kirsch scents plus hints of dark chocolate, wild thyme, lavender and charcuterie. Medium-bodied, the palate delivers fantastic intensity with loads of red berry and savory layers and a pleasant chew to the texture, finishing with an herbal lift. 317 cases were made."
- Item #: i_238920Bottle Size: 750mlOpulent in the glass, this wine has a garnet color and alluring red fruit aromas. The red fruit is echoed on the dynamic palate, where vibrant flavors of wild strawberry, cranberry and cocoa are underscored by a firm, acid-driven structure and fine dusty tannins that carry through to a lingering finish.
- Item #: i_268440Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 93For three generations the Talley family has farmed in Coastal San Luis Obispo County, a tradition that began in 1948 when Oliver Talley founded Talley Farms and started growing vegetables in the Arroyo Grande Valley. After witnessing the success of winegrowing in the neighboring Edna Valley, Oliver's son, Don Talley, became convinced of the potential for growing high-quality wine grapes on the steep hillsides above Talley Farms. He planted a small test plot in 1982 on the west hillside of the Rincon Vineyard. In 1986 Don made 450 cases of wine, which sold out very quickly. Production increased over the next five years, until 1991, when a new winery was built at the foot of their Rincon Vineyard. Today, Don and Rosemary Talley's son, Brian Talley, runs the business after developing a passion for wine when he worked in a wine shop while attending UC Berkely.
The Talley family has a commitment to high quality and long-term sustainability which are the two principles that guide Talley Vineyards' farming decisions. Their vineyards are SIP Certified (Sustainability in Practice) by the Central Coast Vineyard Team. Biologically based farming techniques and integrated pest management practices are employed throughout the vineyards. To improve soil conditions, prevent erosion and provide fertility, cover crops are maintained in all vineyard blocks. No herbicides are used.
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "Deep glistening ruby-red. Vibrant, sharply focused aromas of cherry, potpourri and Asian spices are lifted by a smoky mineral flourish. Broad and concentrated on the palate, offering raspberry, bitter cherry and spicecake flavors that show impressive energy and focus. Rich yet lively in character, finishing with strong, spicy drive and fine-grained tannins that come in late. 26% new French oak."
JEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "The appellation release, the 2017 Pinot Noir Estate is all estate fruit that spent 15 months in 35% new French oak. Beautiful notes of red currants, raspberries, spring flowers, and ground herbs notes all emerge from this medium-bodied, fresh, racy effort that has bright acidity, fine tannins, and a great finish. This vibrant, age-worthy effort will keep for over a decade."