- Item #: i_211280Bottle Size: 750mlEach year, Ancient Peaks crafts the limited-edition Oyster Ridge cuvee to exemplify their finest winemaking efforts. The name Oyster Ridge honors an outcropping that always astonishes visitors to their estate Margarita Vineyard. Here, large white oyster fossils are literally spilling out of the ground, fostering the type of calcium-rich soil that is coveted by winemakers worldwide. The 2016 vintage is a blend of 51% Cabernet Sauvignon, 32% Merlot, 9% Petit Verdot, 4% Cabernet Franc, and 4% Malbec, all from meticulously farmed vineyard blocks cultivated for the Oyster Ridge program.
The 2016 Oyster Ridge offers a sumptuous bouquet of black berry and black currant with notes of creme de cassis, violets, vanilla bean, cedar and graphite. On the palate, the wine is exquisitely dense and integrated, showing chewy layers of black fruits interwoven with accents of caramel, mint, cinnamon spice and new oak. Fine-grained tannins and sleek acidity bring a resounding conclusion to what is nothing less than a blockbuster vintage for Oyster Ridge. This is a wine that will generously evolve in the bottle for years to come.
- Item #: i_210200Bottle Size: 750mlChalk Hill's Estate is a compendium of unique microclimates, exposures and soil types. They are fortunate to be able to make everything from aromatic Sauvignon Blanc to big, bold Syrah. Nowhere is this ideal situation more evident than in their Estate Red, which is just that - the best blend of the red wines made from the estate. Each variety is perfectly matched to the vineyard site. The blend will also vary from year to year, as the vineyard yields and fruit quality depend greatly on the weather during springtime bloom and set, and during harvest. Cabernet and Malbec were the stars in 2016, and form the base of this Estate Red. Grapes grown on the rocky slopes of their Estate West vineyard make up the balance of the blend. This year, the final blend is comprised of 47% Cabernet Sauvignon, 37% Malbec, 9% Petit Verdot, and 7% Merlot.
Chalk Hill's 2016 Estate Red opens with bold and intense aromas of blackberry, anise, tobacco leaf and dark chocolate. The palate is rich and savory, with layered flavors of black cherry, dark chocolate and leather with oak influences of vanilla and toast. Though firm, the tannins are rounded by a balanced acidity and a long and smooth finish. Though appealing in its youth, this wine will also age beautifully over the next 15 years.
- Item #: i_213940Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Paul Hobbs is a juggernaut in the wine world. It doesn't seem to matter where he makes wine, or with what grape; anything he makes is simply fantastic! Paul's Crossbarn lineup of wines is the second label to his eponymous Paul Hobbs wines from Napa and Sonoma, yet it comes close to its "bigger brother"! Produced using hand-harvested fruit from carefully selected vineyards in prime areas in the Napa Valley, CrossBarn Cabernet Sauvignon offers structure and weight in balance with pure concentrated fruit.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Medium to deep garnet-purple colored, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley features vibrant notions of crushed wild blueberries, black cherries and cassis with touches of cigar box, black tea and wild sage. Medium to full-bodied with a full frame of ripe, grainy tannins, it has seamless freshness laced through the energetic fruit, finishing long and juicy. 11,202 cases produced."
- Item #: i_219670Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2017 Faust Cabernet is a blend of their estate vineyards in Coombsville and Rutherford and mountain sourcing in Atlas Peak, Mount Veeder and Howell Mountain. Intense yet fresh with juicy blue and black notes. Notes of dark chocolate and dried herbs seduce the palate while silky tannins and lifting acidity leads to a layered and lingering finish.
- Item #: i_229030Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Galerie is a collection of wines devoted to showcasing two of California's foremost wine growing regions - Napa Valley and Knights Valley. Winemaker Laura Diaz Munoz brings these growing regions to life by vinifying the wines in exactly the same way, allowing the natural difference in the fruit characteristics to express themselves in the glass.
For the Napa Valley, bottling, Laura blended fruit from some of the most prestigious vineyards in the valley; Stagecoach vineyard, Red Hen, Van Z, Diamond Mountain, and Spring Mountain. The wine was aged for 20 months in 60% new French oak.
ROBERT PARKER 92 POINTS - "Very deep garnet-purple in color, the 2015 Pleinair Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon delivers pronounced baked berries, prunes and warm black currant cordial notes with touches of baking spices, olives and dried herbs. Medium to full-bodied, it has concentrated baked black berry and savory layers with soft, velvety tannins and balanced freshness, finishing on a spicy note. 1,540 cases produced."
- Item #: i_229610Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Jeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "Moving to the Pinot Noirs, the 2017 Pinot Noir Russian River Valley is the appellation release from Hobbs, and it's brought up all in French oak. Black raspberries, bouquet garni, crushed flowers, and honeyed strawberry notes all emerge from this beautifully polished, medium-bodied, seamless effort. With lots of upfront fruit, plenty of underlying depth and structure, and a great finish, it's a winner. Drink it over the coming decade."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir is pale to medium ruby-purple colored and reveals gregarious notes of crushed black and red cherries, warm raspberries and mulberries with touches of baking spices, red roses and spearmint. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is completely packed with red and black berry layers, framed by plush tannins and a lively line, finishing long and spicy. 7,265 cases produced, to be released in March 2019."
- Item #: i_268420Bottle Size: 750mlRosemary's Vineyard is located on a hillside surrounding Rosemary Talley’s home, and is characterized by white, rocky fractured sandstone and loam, with some clay in the subsoil. Rosemary's is steep, very well-drained, and because it is closer to the ocean, slightly cooler. Entirely hand-harvested, this was 100% barrel-fermented and aged for 15 months, yet there is no evidence of heaviness.